Beyond Inevitable: Post-TUF - Kyp/Jaina/Fen - Jaina / Jag - H/L - L/M

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Deneveon, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    --

INEVITABLE

--

Timeframe: Post-TUF

Key Characters: Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Fen Nabon, Jagged Fel

Supporting Characters: Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa-Solo, Mara Jade-Skywalker, Tahiri Veila, Jagged Fel, Danni Quee

Genre: Drama / Romance / Action & Adventure / Angst, and all that good stuff

Keywords: Jaina / Kyp / Fen; Han / Leia; Luke / Mara; Jacen / ?; Jag / Jaina

Premise: The galaxy, while shattered and fraught with the aftermath of the brutal war, now faces a new beginning and a chance to start over. And so a new chapter opens for Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron, with new loves and new intrigues and old struggles resurrected.

Author?s Notes: All your favorite love-and-conflict, plus a little more. All right, I don?t know if anyone has attempted this before, but this should be fun. Enjoy. Oh, and feedback is always appreciated. Heck, flame me if it sucks. Flame me just because you want to. But constructive critcism will always be the most welcome. :D

--

2. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    First post. Here goes nothing.

--

Prologue

Don?t think I ever forgot that night.

I know you never meant it to happen. Neither of us did. Neither of us even saw it coming. It isn?t your fault. Understand that.

Maybe, perhaps, it?s mine. I should have never come to see you in the first place. But I couldn?t help myself, Kyp. I really couldn?t. I just couldn?t stand it anymore.

It isn?t my place to be jealous. It isn?t like me. If it wasn?t mine, I knew I had no right to envy over it.

And you weren?t mine. I wasn?t yours. We had no right to the other. And so I ask: why?

Why couldn?t I keep my traitorous feet from visiting you? Why couldn?t I keep my feelings for you tamped down in that dark corner of my mind, in that corner where it had always lurked, in that corner where I prayed it would simply stay?

And so I come to the conclusion that it wasn?t your fault. I admit, it was entirely mine.

I can only hope that you forgive me. It was none of my business, I know?but that knowledge amounted to nothing. I was being unwise, foolish, rash, and all those immature qualities that I thought I had already rid myself of long ago.

But when it comes to you, I always seem to be stopped dead in my tracks. Sometimes, I intellectualize; I find myself poring over you, over what you really mean to me, over what I really want you to mean to me. Should one call me foolish, I couldn?t agree more. Sometimes, I can?t think at all?my emotions, however hard I try to control, seem to have minds of their own, possessing me and not letting me go until too late.

You bring out the extremes in me. Is that why I love you? Sometimes I hate you; sometimes I can?t bear to have you out of my sight. Sometimes I wish you?d never been born; sometimes I wonder what my life would be without you. I know I?m rambling, but what else is there to do? You can?t hear these words I speak. You know nothing of how I truly feel about you.

Except, perhaps, you may. Until that night, at least, you never knew. Don?t ever think I forgot it.

I know better than to try and justify my mistake?or was it a mistake in the first place??but I can?t help myself. It?s just not logical that I should even think of you the way that I did. That I do. It?s not even right. How would anyone react should they know that I?ve been in love with you all this time?

How would you react?

I saw something in your eyes that night, Kyp. I don?t know what it was, but it scares me. Was it hate? Disgust? Or was it a testimony of your love for me?

It couldn?t possibly be that. My fantasies, I?ve had so many. Of you and me. I?ve dreamed and daydreamed and had nightmares of you and me. I?ve wished, so vainly, I know, that you love me. I still do wish that. I still want it. I can?t help but want it.

And I know you could never feel the same way I feel about you. You?you know so much better than to suffer the same pitfall that I have. To even believe in a relationship that is doomed from its start.

Ours is a love?if a mutual love could ever exist?is something that is not meant to last. It is evident in everything, everywhere. You and me, as lovers?

If the war had never happened, I would have laughed right out loud. If I had never known you as well as I do, I would have spit in the face of that thought. I would have scoffed at such an idea.

But I am not that person. I am different, I know all too well, from the person that I would?ve been should none of this transpired. I admit that I will never truly know what I could?ve turned out to be, but I am sure that I could never, ever have begotten these feelings that I hold now.

Do I sound too sentimental? Too sensitive? I?ve been hiding behind so many layers and walls of lies that I astonish even myself. Now I realize that my strength, my outward courage, was nothing but a facade, a shield of lies that I used to protect myself from all the pain and suffering that was always thrown my way. I couldn?t let anyone know the true spirit within
  3. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    *sigh* Upping this.

--Den
  4. Risste Jedi Knight

star 3
    Everyone must be out at RotK... :)

Nice start. Hopefully our friend will put some of her feelings to resonance.

Bottling things up is so unhealthy. :)
  5. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, someone replied. :D

Well, me, I'm waiting for a while before going off to see RotK. Less people. Hopefully. :p

Thanks for replying.

--Den
  6. Elfsheen Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow I like this! Interesting. Keep posting, though you might want to wait until everyone gets back from christmas shopping and RotK
  7. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey, you can continue as far as I'm concerned, cuz I'm long done with my Christmas shopping and I just got back from RotK.

I'm still speechless.

Anyways, :D I like this! It's different, but you do different so well! I definitley want to see where you go with it!

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  8. nickandi59222 Jedi Padawan

hey looks like iam added toy uo audience when is the next post going up?iam talking about inevitable
  9. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start, Den. :D Can't wait for more.

~~Jilly
  10. Jaina_and_Jag Force Ghost

star 5
    Great start! :D Really interesting character perspective. :) Can't wait for more!
  11. nickandi59222 Jedi Padawan

yeah i eman you did great you caught the drama and turned into an award winning first start and thats all these thatnks you have got so i cant wait till the next chapter is up and runing
  12. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great post! :D

More soon??? :)
  13. Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great post! :D Can't wait for the next part, and I love how you write Jaina in first person!
  14. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    Elfsheen: I haven't even done MY Christmas shopping yet, so it really might be a while. :p

JJD: Ooooh lucky you! I'm stuck with renovating my room for the holidays, and I don't have the foggiest when I'm going to be able to see RotK. But thanks anyway. I'm glad you like my "different." I'm always itching to be something out of the ordinary, but a lot of times I don't know how to put that to words, so here's to hoping this fic goes as I plan. :D

nickandi59222: Yay! Another reader! Not sure when the next post's going to be. Hopefully soon, but no promises.

Jilly: Thanks!

Jaina_and_Jag: Thank you. Glad you like it.

nickandi59222: An award-winning first post? [face_blush] Why, hardly that, IMHO, but I'm flattered. Thank you so much!

Ireth_Tasartir: More definitely, but I'm not too sure about that soon part. :p Thanks!

Kyp_Jaina_Jag: Thank you! I do like getting into her head, almost as much as I like getting into Kyp's, so it was quite fun.

--Den
  15. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    You're back writing! Or have you been back? Anyways, good start. Kyp/Jaina pairings always intrigue me because the books appear to be having Jaina headed towards a pairing with Jag. I'm looking forward to reading more. :)
  16. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    Solo_Fan: Yes, I'm back actually, after a much-needed hiatus from the boards. As of late I haven't been writing a lot of fan fiction, really, instead concentrating on some original works that have gathered dust over time. But I digress. I'm glad you're interested in this. :) I've always been partial to Kyp/Jaina, obviously, but the focus in the NJO has always been centered on Kyp/Jaina/Jag, and so I decided to shift it away from that triangle in this fic. Hopefully things will turn out well in the end. :D

--Den
  17. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  18. jedi_jaina_solo71786 Jedi Master

star 1
    sounds interesting so far...hope you update soon.
  19. Mirax-Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Great start! Can't wait for more!
  20. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  22. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, and thank you! :D

--Den
  23. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You're welcome ;)

And up!!! :)
  24. Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Let me up this again... UP!!!! :)

More soon??? :)
  25. Deneveon Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm writing a post right now. :D

Oh, and I've decided that I'm leaving this as a short story / novella, and not as a full-length fic, since I want to start another one as soon as I finish this. So, yeah. More in a couple of days, folks. :D

--Den
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.