main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Inf.: Who ghostwrote what in the PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by 2K-D2, Aug 23, 2016.

1. 2K-D2

2K-D2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2016
    Right now, there's a discussion brewing in the "embittered fans" thread about who wrote what in the OT - which, itself, is widely known for people like Kurtz, Kershner, Marquand, Kasdan, and some actors, contributing a significant amount to what became its final version.
    There's lots of released drafts, and various (conflicting) info and statements, providing plenty of material for endless debates all over the internet.

These ones, however, are a different animal - generally known for being Lucas' "auteur work", things like his hiring of "ghostwriters" for II, Spielberg directing one or two scenes, and apparently other contributions by other directors, or ghostwriters, are rarely brought up.

I myself don't really know much about any of this, but there probably should be a "resource thread" for this subject - so here it is, I guess.

People who know stuff, can write it here :- )

2. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Star Wars was all written out by the Force.

A long time ago.

Lulu Mars, Ezon Pin and Deliveranze like this.
  3. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    This is all I know:
    1.) Jonathan Hales was brought in to help with the 3rd draft of AOTC
    2.) Tom Stoppard did a "mild" polishing of the ROTS script. He described what he did as slightly interfering with the script
    3.) Steven Spielberg helped design some sequences during pre-production in order to get some practice with pre-visualization techniques for his upcoming War of the Worlds movie. His main contribution was to the Obi/Anakin duel.

Perhaps the "making of" books have more info on this?

Darkslayer, Sepra, oierem and 6 others like this.
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I seem to remember Carrie Fisher being cited as a script doctor on one , but I don't think she's ever revealed what she did .

Sepra and Ezon Pin like this.
  5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    That was greatly exaggerated. All she did was have a conversation with him about them:

"I talked with George Lucas about them only. It’s hard to do anything on those films because they don’t get anything out the rooms. I swear to God, I never took a script home, ever! He did ask me about my thoughts, which is really nice of him." http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016...star-wars-at-wizard-world-comic-con-2016.html

DarthCricketer and Ezon Pin like this.
  6. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Spielberg also did a lot of pre-viz for the Obi-Wan/Grievous fight. Most of it was left out - mostly wheel bike related action - but some of it ended up in the movie, IIRC.

Sepra and KaleeshEyes like this.
  7. KaleeshEyes

KaleeshEyes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Pretty sure Qui-gon ghost wrote episodes II and III ;)

8. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    That's pretty much it, as far as we know. Of course, producers and actors probably did contribute in some manner to the script (as did the actors and producers of the CL, whose contribution is greatly exaggerated, in my opinion).

9. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Carrie Fisher was a script doctor on all three prequels.