main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Infiltrating the Canon- a SW/Thursday Next crossover (OCs, Padme, and an evil Kryptonian)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Commander-DWH, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I swear- this is what happens when I get bored. I come up with crazy ideas, and then I find some way to put them into writing. I blame Jasper Fforde for this silliness.

Title: Infiltrating the Canon
    Author: DWH
    Genre: Humour/Crossover
    Characters: Leiraya Moran, Juliana Antilles, Padme Amidala, General Zod
    Summary: The aging General Zod, an evil Kryptonian resident of the Well of Lost Plots, has escaped the Well and is now trying to take Chancellor Valorum's place at the head of the Republic, thwarting the rise of Palpatine before it even begins and starting his own reign of terror. Can the Prose Resource Operatives of Jurisfiction stop him before it's too late?
    Timeframe: TPM. Mostly. There will be random period/genre/fandom hopping.
    Notes: I owe the crazy genius that is the Well of Lost Plots to Jasper Fforde. If you haven't read his books, you should. They're quality.

Chapter One

Never involve yourself in other people's canon- it always gets messy. You've got the purists, who will only accept one brand of the story, no matter what anyone else does. You've got the AU-ers, who have no regard for canon whatsoever. And then you have 90% of the population, which is everything in between. You try to satisfy the purists, and the AU-ers get upset. You give the AU-ers too much leeway, and the purists cry bloody murder. It's bad enough getting into a canon war in your own fandom- believe me, KOTOR has some of the most controversial views on canon you'll find. But involving yourself in someone else's canon? That's just suicide. You're asking to have some crackpot from one side or the other hire a slapstick assassin and point him in your direction. No, stay on your own turf if you can. Unless you're one of the big shots, but let's face it- most of us aren't. And fan fiction is a big, scary genre. So do yourself a favour. Don't borrow problems from anyone else.
    -Leiraya Moran, "Visitor's Guide to the Twenty-Third Sub-Basement"

Leiraya wondered why her supervisor always had to call when she was asleep. There were many points in her stories where she was not asleep. There were whole chapters where she might not even be involved all that much. Would it kill him to call then? Apparently. Because of course he had to pick the middle of the night to request her presence in the Star Wars Saga quarter of the twenty-third sub-basement. All the way on the other side of the Well, and a busy, noisy place with too many unruly pilots and bounty hunters.

"No. Go away." Leiraya grunted into her comlink as she rolled over in bed, long chestnut hair covering half her face as she did. "It's too early to deal with anyone else's messes."

"But Ms. Moran, the Saga PROs are on assignment. And let us be honest, here- you're in charge of a fairly low-maintenance era." Her supervisor's voice did not sound impressed. "When was the last time disaster struck in the Knights of the Old Republic story?"

"Outside of the Well it must've been that massively destructive alignment of canon. Remember that? The one that killed three major characters and storylines?"

"That was years ago. And the Saga is having problems now."

Leiraya dragged herself into an upright position and put her free hand on her forehead. "What could possibly be so bad that you can't wait for Elan to get back?"

"We have an apparent escapee from the Well trying to infiltrate the canon. If he succeeds, well... it could change the entire story."

"What, is a generic replica of a real character trying to replace him?"

"Sort of." Her supervisor paused. "More like a warped version of a real character, who is a little too power-hungry for his own good."

"You're going to have to give me a few more details than that," Leiraya said flatly. "You didn't wake me up because some nut job is making a hopeless bid for Supreme Chancellor."

"Well, that is because it's not entirely hopeless. Are you familiar with Superman canon?"

"Aside from the fact that there is

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    What a bizarre but awesome plot bunny :D I've been wanting to read some stuff of yours for awhile, and have been hoping you'd branch out of KOTOR which I know nothing about ;)

"Well, that is because it's not entirely hopeless. Are you familiar with Superman canon?"

"Aside from the fact that there is none?" Leiraya snorted. "Sorry, I've had lunch with some of the PROs in charge of the various forms of Superman, and I don't envy them. Nobody agrees on what's canon even in the Great Library, so you can imagine what's running around in the Well."

"I don't just imagine, I'm aware of a few of the more... colourful elements. In this case, an aging General Zod."

Leiraya racked her memory. "Zod- evil Kryptonian General. Tried to take over the world. Makes a really tasty ham and tomato sandwich."

"The real Zod, yes. This Zod, well... I have no idea what kind of sandwich he makes."

"Maybe you should ask him. We can give him a break if he feeds us well."

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] General Zod in the GFFA ought to be interesting to say the least ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.