main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

info on book find

Discussion in 'Literature' started by drth sidious, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I went to the local library's book sale today, and in the sci-fi stacks, I found what appears to be a first printing of The Empire Strikes Back novelization. At $.50, I felt I couldn't pass it up.

What I'm wondering: is this find anything to be excited about or just another copy of TESB?

2. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    whats the condition, publication date

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The red cover?

4. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    It's in excellent condition. No visible cracking on spine, no corners bent or torn. Smells like a library.

Publication date is listed as 1980.

The cover is blue, with one of the older style posters in the middle.

The back text reads:

"Luke, Han, and Princess Leia's story didn't end with the destruction of the Death Star-in continues in
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.
    Though they had won a significant battle, the war between the Rebels and the Empire had really just begun.
    Now, several months later, the Rebels have established an outpost on the frozen wasteland of Hoth. But even on that icy, backwater planet, they could not escape the evil Darth Vader's notice for long.
    Soon, Luke, Han, the princess and their faithful companions were forced to flee, scattering in all directions-the Dark Lord's minions in fevered pursuit."

It also has a cast and crew list on the inside of the first page.

5. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    The 3rd Edition of the Star Wars Super Collector's Wishbook has it at $ 6.00...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.