main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info on Carida....

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by scoutsniper, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scoutsniper

scoutsniper Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    Alright, I understand that people can be very busy...but its been almsot a week since I applied to their yahoo group, and no word whatsoever. By no means am I upset, I just was thinking that maybe they forgot. I know that a couple of you replied to my introduction, that you are members or know someone in the unit. I am going to try and email a few of the officers, and see. Does anyone know who would be a good person to try?

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I know the guy in charge of Carida Academy, I will email him and see if he has seen your request for membership.

3. scoutsniper

Jun 20, 2005
    Thanks Rebel.......:D

4. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    SO... What fashionable uniform do you sport?

5. scoutsniper

Jun 20, 2005
    Nothing yet...but Im looking at putting a Biker Scout..or Tie pilot. Since my father is a pilot...for USAir.

6. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I am actually in the middle of working on a TIE Pilot, so any assistance I can be, just ask. The main thing holding me up right now (costume part wise) would be the chest armor. I have a lot of working on getting things looking right and some of the minor things worked out, but once I get time to work on it, I should have it finished rather quickly.

7. scoutsniper

Jun 20, 2005
    Hey Rebel....check this guy out. Nice pics, I saved them just because he put almost every angle in his pictures....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60361&item=7525591171&rd=1

8. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Definitely nice pics, but definitely not a nice price! Also, the truly accurate armor wouldn't just be the front piece he has there, but armor that covered the chest, sides, back and over the shoulders. He is asking a lot of money, I have heard of some being able to pull a TIE Pilot costume off for less than what he is wanting for just the chest box, armor, helmet, and belt.

I think I will go back and save some of those pics as well, most of the work I need to do is getting the chest box I have looking right.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, another Carida Academy member. Welcome to the crew! :D

As for myself, I am just about complete with my TIE pilot uniform. I had a test run with it and everything and it held up nicely. The only thing I need to do is to paint some small details and well, take pictures. :p My next project will be TK armor. Already started to save up! :D

So, if you have any questions about the TIE, I'll see if I can help you out. ;)

Rebel_Spook, regarding armor - have you tried at the Omega Wing boards? I know they have some folks selling armor over there for reasonable prices. I picked up my chestbox and Imperial cogs from there myself. :)

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    I had given up on trying to find armor through Omega Wing as every time I contacted someone who stated they had armor for sale, they always responded that it had sold, yet they didn't post that the armor was no longer for sale. I will try there again, when I have the money for it.

Did you make your own belt? I have the leather, but I don't have a buckle or the greeble yet.

11. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Im working on my tusken raider costume, the head is taking forever, but it should be nice and then im going to possibly make an aurra sing costume. And ive been constructing a mouse droid from an RC car its not a costume but i think mouse droids are neat.

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Actually, making a mouse droid, or any working droid is considered by most to be part of costuming, especially if it is part of your "character".

The astromechs that those guys at C3 had constructed were absolutely incredible!

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I guess you can say I made my own belt. I got all the parts - leather, buckle and black dye - from Tandy leather. The greeblie is a piece of machined aluminum which I purchased from another 501st member(I won't mention his name here since I don't want to take the chance in getting him in trouble).

14. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    Definitely keep any names or websites off the open board as we do not want to get ourselves or anyone else in trouble. Emails and PMs for this type of information only.

15. Xanthe_ShHarr

May 29, 2003
    Yeah they were awesome an R2 unit would pass me by every so often and it would feel like the real thing. There was one mouse droid there, my version of it is scalled down smaller, partly because my RC car car isnt big enough for an authentic sized one and because for some reason in my mind i think of them being alot smaller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.