main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info on Midnight Showings?

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by Somma_Sapienza, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Somma_Sapienza

Somma_Sapienza Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    Hey, I'm a 16-year-old from Slingerlands, and a group of friends and I are planning on attending the midnight opening of Episode III at Crossgates. The only problem is that we've never done it before and we don't know what to do! Should we be there by a specific time? Are there activities planned beforehand? Is there anything else we should know?

Thanks!

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, the first thing is that you should go to Crossgates and purchase your ticket in advance. You can just go up to any ticket window and they sell them there.

I know I'm coming to the midnight showing in full costume. I don't know who else is doing this, but you and your friends are welcome to come in costume as well.

We were already talking in the "We Should See Episode III Together" thread about meeting as early as 7pm to make sure we get good seats. I'm assuming that people will stand in line and maybe some will leave to get and bring back food. Maybe 7pm will be early enough where we can all get something to eat at Johnny Rocket's. All I know is it's going to be a blast, and we hope to see you there! We'll probably meet in front of Bally's health club right next to the movie theaters, if you're wondering who we are. And I'm the short Jedi chick. ;)

Jae O:)

ED: Also, you may want to bring at least one parent with you if you're coming with your friends, especially if you're not sure what to do. We've had a few mix ups before on things like locations and I wouldn't want you all to get lost or miss the bus on the way back if you're taking it instead of driving.

3. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    I'll be there,but not in costume. I wanted to,but never bought,nor made one. If i see a short Jedi chick i'll ask if it's you.

4. Somma_Sapienza

Somma_Sapienza Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I actually do have an Admiral Piett costume that I made for this past Halloween...

5. Aayla_SAGEcura

Aayla_SAGEcura Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2005
    Hello everybody! Looks like I found the right spot to answer my question too! My friend from college and I will be attending the midnight showing at Crossgates... ordered the tickets via online about a week ago, so we're set in that department... and, of course, massively excited!

I've never done the midnight thing before either. My friend and I have been planning on dressing up... we just didn't know if anybody else would be. Glad to see we won't be the only ones! She's coming as... well, she's leaving it a mystery, actually... but I'll be there in my just completed Jedi outfit. :)

Oh, and since this is my first post- I'm from Scotia, but I attend Russell Sage in Troy. 20 years old. Star Wars nerd. Uhm... guess that covers the basics. Glad I found this board!

6. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well I would be happy to see you there.

I have done the other midnight showings and even waited all day a week before for my tickets to the phantom Menace.

My brother and I went to crossgates at five in the morning and got in line for tickets at 4pm.

7. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
    We should all meet up to say hello before the show starts. I'm going with a friend,and we will probably get a few drinks at hullihans,or something.

8. Darth_Darkholm

Darth_Darkholm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    i would love to go an see all of you at crossgates but i'm stuck here in bennington's cinema 7 as The Only Dark Jedi but yea i will be in gear nothing fancy but if most of you guyz are gonna be there at X gates i'll try an stop by an vist you all

9. Darth_Darkholm

Darth_Darkholm Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    guess what i'm going to X gates for opening day wooooooooooooooo

10. DarthQuack

DarthQuack Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I plan on going, but don't have a costume, but I will carrying my lightsaber that I got for Xmas, an FX force one which is awesome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.