main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Info on Star Wars Weekends

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by tikkijedi, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tikkijedi

tikkijedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2004
    I was trying to find some information on the Star Wars Weekends that Disney World holds everywhere. I haven't been able to find anything on their website other than that they are occuring. I was hoping that someone from the area could maybe give me some insight into them, what goes on, special events, etc. I am hoping to attend this year at the beginning of June.

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I don't think a SWW2005 has been announced yet. IIRC, they never hold one they same year they hold the big blast in IN. C3 is in April, so I doubt there will be a SWW this year.

As for what goes on, it is always held at the Disney/MGM Studios, it goes for about 6 weeks I think, and every weekend they have a new pair of Star Wars celebrities. The celebrities participate in a Q&A, do the parade thing, and then sign autographs for people. There's a trivia contest where you can win prizes, you can get pictures taken with various Star Wars characters, there some exclusive Star Wars merchandise sold, and there's even a special Who Wants to Be a Millionaire: Star Wars edition you can play. The big draw is meeting the celebrities and being around other fans. If you get the chance to go, I'm sure you'll have fun. :)

Keep an eye on this page for more information.

L8r

3. tikkijedi

tikkijedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2004
    I guess it isn't looking to promising for me then. I was hoping to go this year...oh well. There's always next year.

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    And there's always Celebration III! Sure, there's no Mickey, but Indianapolis is the place to be pre-Epy 3.

For information on Orlando's attendance of the event: http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23

We're also tentatively planning on a little documentary on the trek to the Great White North for c3. -CE

5. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    And there's always Celebration III! Sure, there's no Mickey, but Indianapolis is the place to be pre-Epy 3.

For information on Orlando's attendance of the event: http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23.

We're also tentatively planning on a little documentary on the trek to the Great White North for c3. -CE

6. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    DOUBLE POSTER!!!

L8r

7. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Man, if only I was not a high schooler I'd go to C3. Alas I am so I will remain in Panama City.

8. Zeph_Fire

Zeph_Fire Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2005
    I just checked the Disney site and it says...

Dates: Weekends in May and June, 2005

Dunno if that means they're having it or not, but that's what it says. I hope they have it cause I can't go to C3. :(

9. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I hope they have it cause I can't go to C3

right there with ya...

10. radicalray

radicalray Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2004
    Here is a report from last year's event:

http://www.galactichunter.com/sww04/ .

Dates for this year's SW Weekends:

http://www.mgmstudios.org/sww.html

Nothing is official until SW.Com confirms...

11. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    it seems to me, last C2, that SWW was cancelled right before it was suposed to start, or it happened, but nothing really happened.

12. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    Dates are not conflicting this time, Ia.

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Is that all it was? I was thinking it was because Lucasfilm recognized that their resources and their fanbase would be spread too thin going to both FL and IN. I actually hope they aren't in Orlando, because I'm going to Indy, and I have enough Star Wars events this year to keep me running. Oh, to be the idle rich.... -Campbell

14. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I agree with what cambell just posted

15. radicalray

Apr 30, 2004
    I hear you! This Spring/Summer will be an event-a-thon!!

For me:
    Celebration 3
    SW Weekends 2005 (4 weeks I hear this time)
    San Diego Comic Con 2005

It would not hurt my feelings if SWW did not happen, but don't think that will be the case. There is still a large fan base not going to C3 that would still attend the Disney event. Have heard that the new SWW logo is very cool...

The event is listed in the last Annual Passholder booklet I got as well. If it is really happening, we should hear something Official soon.

16. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    what I was trying to say is that it still happened, although it had no commercials and barely any events 3 years ago

17. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Hey there, here is some info on The Weekends
    2005 Star Wars Weekends At Disney-MGM Studios

For four consecutive weekends beginning May 20, 2005, the magic of Star Wars will merge with the magic of Disney during Star Wars Weekends at Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. Star Wars fans of all ages and Star Wars characters of all varieties will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains and droids of the saga.
    The four-weekend fan-fest (running from May 20 to June 12, 2005) will center around the famous Star Tours thrill ride and feature Star Wars celebrities who will take part in meet-and-greet sessions and Hollywood-style motorcades. Each Star Wars Weekend runs Friday through Sunday and will brim with Force-filled fun for the entire family. Some activities to look forward to include:

Wookiees, Jawas and Ewoks, Oh My!: You've seen them on-screen, now see them in person (or in alien, as the case may be)... characters from all five Star Wars movies, including Queen Amidala, Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Greedo and more, will roam the Disney-MGM Studios greeting guests, signing autographs and posing for photographs. Even Mickey Mouse gets into the Star Wars spirit, posing for pictures in his own Jedi costume.
    Star Wars Legends: Visiting Star Wars celebrities take part in a talk show-style conversation inside the theme park's ABC Theater. Guests hear directly from the actors, actresses and creative minds that have brought the popular film series to life since Star Wars first debuted in 1977.

To Endor...and Back?: Guests can take flight to the moon of Endor in Star Tours, an action-packed flight simulator that salutes the Star Wars series. Synchronizing a stunning film with the virtually limitless gyrations of the simulator, the attraction takes guests on a hair-raising, light-speed trip aboard a careening star speeder. The rookie pilot tries his best to get the ship back to port while dodging comets and the Imperial TIE Fighters. Hyperspace members, read more about the Star Tours attraction here.

Obi-Wanna-Be: Throughout each day, young Padawans will be chosen to participate in the "Jedi Training Academy" where Jedi hopefuls learn lightsaber moves then test their skills against one of the evil Sith including Darth Vader himself.

A Galaxy of Collectibles: Collectors and souvenir hunters alike will be drawn to Tatooine Traders, an area adjacent to the Ewok Village at the Star Tours attraction, where fans will find event-exclusive Star Wars merchandise -- from trading pins and commemorative posters to apparel, medallions and other limited-edition items -- created by Disney and Lucasfilm Ltd. expressly for Star Wars Weekends 2005.

All the activities are included with regular Disney-MGM Studios admission. For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, keep checking here as well as for www.disneyworld.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY, visit www.disneyworld.com or a travel agent.

18. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    George Lucas was MGM on Thursday night. I think he's here on vacation for a week.

19. Darquis

Darquis Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    Its really a lot of fun. I go every year with a group of friends and we have a blast. last year we took pictures with every single char. we could, took nearly 70 pictures.
    Last years guests on the weekend we went was R2-D2, C3PO and I forgot the other. Its a lot of fun and many people get dressed up just to go. I plan on going in costume this year as long as I get it finished in time.

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    If anyone is local, or just wants more up-to-date information about the Star Wars Weekends at Disney Florida, please visit The Orlando System at it's more frequently used board here:
    http://fanforce.roguezeppo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152&sid=569dce746e2d3c79ff63b5e0fbcf2965

21. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Cool I am moving to Kissimmee with my bro in June but I plan on going this year. Of course I say that every year adn I always miss the bloody thing.

22. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Its something I dont want to miss this year. I might not make it on Fridays this year, not sure yet becasue of work. Also depends on who is going to be there that weekend. Although I am marching in the parade on the first and last weekend this year.

Dale

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Dale, whats the sit i need to go to again for that?

24. siul-fer-nando

siul-fer-nando Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2002
    well am glad to be back in the forum... is been while
    well a got som info is excatly tha same weekend of the premiere is going to be huge... so a will be prepare for anything(with my jedi uniform)and my new lightsaber

25. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Need to become a member of the Rebel Legion. Send them some pics of you in Jedi costumes. If you have one from the movies, not just one you made yourself, they will let you march in the parade. Go to http://www.rebellegion.com/index.asp?IE=7 and sign up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.