main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

info on the old republic (KotOR,TotJ, & other legit sources)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarthArraKul, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    hey all...

well... i think we all need to come together and share ideas on the old republic time period. the sourcebooks are really thin on this... so lets see what ideas evreryone has.

the old Tales of the Jedi book from WEG is great.. and all the new stuff is a wonderful add on.

but lets get some clear ideas on was in kotor
    lets put ome ideas out there and all work together on coming up with something legit and reasonable

first lets get a list of characters and aliens we need info on.. i personally do not remember all the names of the supporting characters.. anyone who does .. please post them

then we can all start coming up with reasonable stats.. but lets keep in mind this is all for fun .. and not mean spirited arguments....plus any thoughts on ANYTHING during the period of the old republic are welcomed..

lets hope evryone has a good time with this thread and get to it

i will be participating as much as people put into it

thanks

2. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I assume you're specifically talking about the time period of KOTOR and TOTJ around 4000-5000 years before ANH.

I'll start with a list of some non-RPG source material:

COMICS:

TOTJ: Golden Age of the Sith
    TOTJ: Fall of the Sith Empire
    Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Republic
    TOTJ: Dark Lords of the Sith
    TOTJ: The Freedon Nadd Uprising
    TOTJ: The Sith War
    TOTJ: Redemption
    Jedi vs. Sith
    some stories in Star Wars Tales

VIDEO GAMES:

Knights of the Old Republic

3. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    right on DarthKevin...
    good start

4. LordRevan

LordRevan Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2003
    Here are some random characters from that time period and very bried descriptions:

Exar Kun: former Jedi Knight turned Sith Lord, former apprentice of Master Vodo-Siosk Baas.

Nomi Sunrider: Jedi Knight, Master of Jedi Battle Meditation.

Ulic Qel-Droma, former Jedi Knight, apprentice of Master Arca of Arkania,Hero of Battle of Onderon, former Sith Lord

Cay Qel-Droma: Jedi brother of Ulic Qel-Droma slain by his brother on Ossus during the Exar Kun war.

Qrrl Toq: maker of Jedi Armor, Nazaar prince, killed while pursuing Naga Sadows ship by Cron cluster supernova created by Aleema to destroy Ossus.

Vodo Siosk-Baas: Jedi Master, trainer of Exar Kun. Slain by Kun in dramatic lightsaber duel in Senate Rotunda on Coruscant.

Freedon Nadd: the apprentice of one of the original Jedi to leave the Order to study the dark side of the Force. Ruled the planet Onderon approximatly 4,400 years before Episode 1.

Shoaneb Culu: blind Jedi apprenticed to Master Arca. Killed in supernova while pursuing Naga Sadows ancient Sith battleship

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [Beavis & Butthead]Hehmmmeheh! Uuuhhheh! "Nadd Uprising!" Uhhhheh! Hehehmmmmmheh![/Beavis & Butthead]

6. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    anyone out there have any thoughts on stats for Revan and Malak??? ...

or Bastilla.. or any other characters in KotOR??

7. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Supposedly in the introduction the Clone Wars game (I don't have it so I can't verify it), Ulic Quel-Droma is stated to have defeated the Dark Reaper during the time of the Sith War.

8. General_Flagg

General_Flagg Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    Which Sith War? The one with Exar Kun or the one with Revan and Malak?

I believe that perhaps the one with Exar Kun is called the Great Sith War and the one with Revan and Malak is just the Sith War. Any comments?

Anyways, did Ulic defeat the reaper during the Great Sith War? Or after. Cause I know he dies around I think 10 years after the war(stupid idiot of a pilot!).

9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Ulic was a major participant in the Sith War brought about by Exar Kun. This should answer your question.

10. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    As I said, I don't have the game, so I can't give more detail. Maybe one of the timelines has already dated the event and explained it in more detail.

11. LordRevan

LordRevan Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2003
    I dont remember anything about a Sith Reaper in the Sith War comics. He would have had to destroy it after Exar Kun was defeated.

12. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    ok.. i found these on the WotC community board..
    special thanx to Cavgunner11 for all the work.
    lets see what you all think

Bastila Shan: Adult Female Human, Jedi Consular 4/Jedi Investigator 3; Init +4 (+4 Dex); Def 20 (+4 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 10m; VP/WP 42/12; Atk +10 or +8/+8 melee * (3d8+1/3d8+1, crit 19-20, Double-bladed Lightsaber), +6 melee (1d3+1, punch), +9 ranged (by weapon); SQ Contacts (x1), Deflect (Attack -4, Defense +2), Favor +1, Increase Lightsaber damage +1d8, Profile, Target bonus +2; SV Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +7; SZ M; FP: 5; DSPs: 1; Rep: +6; Str 12, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 15.
    Equipment: Double-bladed Lightsaber
    * Bastila Shan has constructed her own Double-bladed Lightsaber.
    Skills: Craft (lightsaber) +3, Gather Information +8, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +4, Listen +3, Pilot +6, Read/Write Basic, Search +3, Sense Motive +7, Speak Basic, Spot +3, Treat Injury +5
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +5, Battlemind +6, Enhance Ability +5, Enhance Senses +5, Force Defense +7, Heal Another +5, Move Object +5, See Force +5, Telepathy +6
    Feats: Alertness, Ambidexterity, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (double lightsaber, lightsaber), Fame, Force-Sensitive, Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse (Double-bladed lightsaber), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons)
    Force Feats: Alter, Battle Meditation, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Sense
    Notes: Bastila gains the Battle Meditation feat for free at 1st level.

Canderous Ordo: Adult Male Human, Soldier 7; Init +1 (+1 Dex); Def 17 (+1 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 8m (Armor); VP/WP 57/14; Atk +6/+6/+1 or +2/+2/+2/+2/-3 ranged (3d8+2, crit 19-20, Light Repeating Blaster), +9/+4 melee (2d6+2, Vibroblade), +9/+4 melee (1d3+2, punch); SQ Tainted; SV Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +4; SZ M; FP: 2; DSPs: 9; Rep: +2; Str 15, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 10.
    Equipment: Light Repeating Blaster, Medium Battle Armor (Damage Reduction: 5), Vibroblade
    Skills: Craft (Stimulant Packages) +5, Demolitions +8, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (Mandalorian Clans) +5, Knowledge (Tactics) +6, Listen +3, Pilot +7, Read/Write Basic, Speak Basic, Spot +3, Treat Injury +8
    Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Multishot, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Rapid Shot, Toughness, Weapon Focus (Light Repeating Blaster), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons), Weapon Specialization (Light Repeating Blaster)

Carth Onasi: Adult Male Human, Soldier 7; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Def 19 (+3 Dex, +6 Class); Spd 8m (Armor); VP/WP 50/12; Atk +11/+6 or +3/+3/+3/?1/-2 ranged (3d6+2, Dual-Wielded Blaster Pistols), +8/+3 melee (2d6+1, vibroblade), +8/+3 melee (1d3+1, punch); SV Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +2; SZ M; FP: 3; Rep: +2; Str 13, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 12.
    Equipment: Blast Vest (Damage Reduction: 3), Dual Blaster Pistols, Vibroblade
    Skills: Astrogate +6, Computer Use +5, Knowledge (Republic Military) +5, Knowledge (World lore) +4, Listen +5, Pilot +11, Profession (Soldier) +4, Read/Write Basic, Repair +6, Speak Basic, Spot +5, Treat Injury +7
    Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Starship Operation (space transport), Two-weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Blaster Pistol), Weapons Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, vibro weapons), Weapon Specialization (Blaster Pistol)

HK-47: Soldier 7; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Def 19 (+2 Dex, +6 Class, +2 Misc, -1 Quirk); Spd 8m (armor); VP/WP 43/13; Atk +11/+6 melee (1d6+3, crit 19-20, punch), +10/+5 ranged (5d6, Flame Rifle), +10/+5 ranged (3d6, Sonic Pistol), +11/+6 or +7/+7/+2 ranged (3d8+2, crit 19-20, Blaster Rifle); SQ 4th Degree Droid, Bipedal Chassis; DR 7 (armor); Quirk: Aggressive (-1 defense penalty, +1 attack bonus); SV Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +3; SZ M; Rep: +2; Str 16, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 10.
    Equipment: Comlink, Blaster Rifle, Flame Rifle, Heavy Droid Armor (DR 7), Heuristic Processor, Improved Sensor Package, Infrared Vision, Locked Access, Low-Light Vision, Ma

13. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Nice, but I'm hoping for WotC to make the Jedi Sentinel a new prestige. Or better yet, a new starting class. Thus, we have the choice of three Jedi starting classes - Jedi Guardian, Jedi Sentinel, and Jedi Consular.

14. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    IMHO jedi sentinel is little more than adding the jedi investigator prestige class

as a break down of already exisitng character classes its kinda like a scoundrel jedi..

however the sentinel would unbalance the jedi a little much for my tastes.... plenty of people already feel that jedi classes are too pwerful.. that would just add fuel to the fire... anyhoo... there is no need when you can accomplish all the sentinel stuff with already exisitng prestige classes

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000

Supposedly in the introduction the Clone Wars game (I don't have it so I can't verify it), Ulic Quel-Droma is stated to have defeated the Dark Reaper during the time of the Sith War.[/b][hr][/blockquote]Yeah, this was shown in "flashback" form during one of the briefing cutscenes in the game -- you see a pretty damned good rendition of the "early" Ulic and the other Jedi from that era attacking the Dark Reaper weapon. (Ulic's spirit looks pretty crudded-up and "drained" when Anakin Skywalker meets up with him later on Rhen Var, though.)

It's something that takes place "off-camera" during the main comic stories, but I'm glad that there are many other potential tales that could be told during the Sith War that weren't necessarily covered during the primary story issues.

Personally, I'd be thrilled to see more done with the later KOTOR era, not to mention perhaps even learning what role Vima Sunrider played during it...it's a great game, and this time period deserves some major league expansion in other sources and venues.

16. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    There's also a TOTJ era RPG adventure in an issue of Star Wars Galaxy magazine. I'll look for it some time later and give more details.

17. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    If you don't have it already, get Jedi Academy for your PC. The enemies are part of the Cult of Ragnos. As in Marka Ragnos, who appeared in GAOTS and DLOS. He even makes an appearance in the game. Also, the last two levels take place on the Sith mausoleum/burial world of Korriban.

18. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Well, thanks for ruining the game for me!

:p

19. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    ahhhhh..

the vacation world of korriban

20. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    heres a list of some crystals form KotOR

a. BONDAR
    Upgrade(s): On Hit - Stun 25% for 6 seconds
    Save - DC10 to negate stun

Description: This crystal was mined on a far orbit asteroid circling the Alderaan system. It produces a volatile lightsaber beam that pulses on impact, potentially stunning an opponent.

Location(s): Crystal Cave (Dantooine), Sith Apprentice's remains (Korriban), Clay Urn (Korriban)

b. RUBAT
    Upgrade(s): Damage +1
    Attack +1

Description: Used in lightsaber construction, rubat crystal is mined on Phemis. It produces a clearly defined blade that a Jedi can easily track, making it easier to hit opponents.

Location(s): Crystal Cave (Dantooine)

c. SIGIL
    Upgrade(s): Damage - Energy +1-6
    Attack +1

Description: Mined in the Sigil system, this crystal is a costly but valued addition to a lightsaber. It produces a fiercely bright beam that sears on contact, inflicting great damage.

Location(s): Nemo's remains (Dantooine), given by Kudos (Tatooine), Jedi remains (Korriban), Sarcophagus of Marko Ragnos (Korriban)

d. DAMIND
    Upgrade(s): Attack +3

Description: Found on the desert world of Daminia, this crystal can be used in lightsaber construction to produce a clearly defined beam of subtly wider width and length.

Location(s): Dark Jedi remains (Kashyyyk, Tatooine), Kel Algowinn's remains (Korriban)

e. NEXTOR
    Upgrade(s): Attack +1
    Critical Threat Range x2

Description: The crystal is mined in the mountains of planet M'haeli, and when used in lightsaber construction it produces a volatile blade that can cause surprising amounts of damage.

Location(s): Dark Jedi remains (Kashyyyk), Skeletal Human remains (Korriban)

f. OPILA
    Upgrade(s): Damage +3
    Massive Criticals +2-12dmg on critical hit

Description: Found in the asteroid fields of the Fyrth system, this crystal can be used in lightsaber construction to produce an intense beam that seams extraordinarily quick to the cut.

Location(s): Krayt Dragon's Lair (Tatooine), Jorak Uln's remains

g. KRAYT DRAGON PEARL
    Upgrade(s): Damage +2
    Attack +3

Description: Taken from the gullet of a krayt dragon, this crystalline "pearl" appears to have qualities that might allow it to function as a lightsaber crystal once properly adapted.

Location(s): given after slaying Krayt Dragon (Tatooine), Komad Fortuna's remains (Tatooine)

h. JENRUAX
    Blaster Deflection +5

Description: The refined form of Opila, this crystal has been cleansed of all impurities. When used in lightsaber construction it produces a blade of unerring quickness.

Location(s): Dark Jedi remains (Manaan), Thalia May's remains (Korriban)

i. LUXUM
    Upgrade(s): Damage +1-6 vs. droids
    Attack +2

Desciption: Ambria was a world in the grip of the dark side. Through years of mental battle, strange Jedi Master Thon contained the evil to Lake Natth. Long meditation can form this powerful crystal from the tainted water.

Location(s): Dark Jedi Master's remains (Manaan)

j. ERALAM
    Attack +2

Description: Once mined on the third moon of Erai, ancient Sith bombardment shattered much that remained. If they can be found, these crystals produce a clear, superior lightsaber beam.

Location(s): Dak Vesser's remains (Korriban)

k. PHOND
    Upgrade(s): Damage - Physical +1-6

Description: The strange byproduct of rare impurities bonding during the making of certain alloys and some random external condition, this crystal produces a fiercely burning lightsaber beam.

Location(s): Mekel's remains (Korriban)

l. FIRKRANN

Upgrade(s): Damage +2-12 vs. droids
    Attack +2

Description: This heavy crystal is created by the natives of Rafa V. If used in lightsaber construction it produces an electrically charged beam that is devastating to droids.

Location(s): Clay Urn (Korriban), Lashowe's remains (Korriban)

m. SOLARI

Upgrade(s): Damage +3, +1-8 Physical Damage vs. Dark Side
    Attack +3

Limitation: Can only be used by a Light Jedi

Description: There are many famous lightsaber crystals

21. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    here are the game stats for Darth Malak..
    these are still in video game format.. but i would like to see hwat you all do to convert them to RPG stats.. have fun
    Darth Malak
    Level 20 Jedi Guardian
    Str: 29
    Dex: 18
    Con: 23
    Int: 15
    Wis: 15
    Cha: 20
    Total Fort Save: 35
    Total Reflex Save: 28
    Total Will Save: 24
    Total Def: 26
    Total HP: 307
    Total Force Points: 175

Feats:
    Master Critical Strike
    Master Dueling
    Master Flurry
    Master Power Attack
    Weapon Proficiency: Melee
    Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Pistol
    Weapon Proficiency: Lightsaber
    Weapon Focus: Lightsaber
    Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber
    Master Jedi Defense
    Master Force Jump
    Master Sense
    Master Conditioning
    Master Toughness

Force Powers:
    Drain Life
    Master Speed
    Force Breach
    Force Immunity
    Improved Energy Resistance
    Lightning
    Throw Lightsaber

Skills:
    Awareness: 45

Malak's Lightsaber: +5 to attack, +5 to damage

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ask... and ye shall recieve...

Darth Malak: Male Human Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 9: Init +2 (+2 Dex); Defense 26 (+2 Dex, +14 class); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 158/16; Atk +23/+18/+13/+8 melee (4d8 +5, lightsaber) or +24/+19/+14/+9 melee (2d6 +9, crit 19-20, ancient mastercraft Sith sword), +20/+15/+10/+5 ranged; SQ Block, DR 5, enhanced Force powers, deflect (defense +2, attack -3), exceptional minions, Jedi Knight, resource access; SV Fort +16, Ref +15, Will +14; SZ M; FP 11; DSP 30; Rep +5; Str 20, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 20. Challenge Code H.

Equipment: Lightsaber, ancient mastercraft Sith sword (attack +1, damage +4), vast resources of mysterious origin.

Skills: Balance +7, Intimidate +19, Knowledge (Sith lore) +14, Pilot +11, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Sith*, Speak Basic, Speak Sith*.

Force Skills: Affect Mind +9, Control Mind +14, Battlemind +17, Enhance Ability +15, Fear +20, Force Defense +15, Force Grip +18, Force Lightning +24, Force Strike +11, Move Object +15, Telepathy +13.

Feats: Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (lightsaber), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Sith sword)*, Force-Sensitive, Power Attack, Skill Emphasis (Knowledge [Sith Lore]), Weapon Group Proficiency (blaster pistols, simple weapons).

Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Drain Force*, Force Mind, Force Whirlwind, Hatred*, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Malevolent, Master Defense, Mettle, Rage*, Sense, Sith Sorcery*, Sith Sword Defense*.

Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 5 -- Darth Malak ignores the first five points of any kind of damage. Whether this is due to hidden armor linked to his voice mask or the physical result of Sith alchemy is anyone's guess.

Enhanced Force Powers -- Using a mysterious power source as yet undiscovered (complete Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to learn more), Darth Malak possesses extraordinary dark side Force powers out of proportion, in game terms, with his class and level. He gained three additional Force feats and 24 bonus skill points exclusively for dark side skills. In any battle, the first Force point Darth Malak spends on a dark side-related roll does not subtract from his total.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Another 20-level-Sith-Lord. Yeah. :cool:

ATTN Wizards of the Coast:
    Add 127 pages to the Darth Malak article and write an Old Republic Era Sourcebook. Thanks. :D

24. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Anyone got anthing on Mandalorians? (besides Boba and Jango, of course)

25. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Naughty, naughty, Dp4m, copying something directly from the WotC site. You should have simply posted the link. Can we say copyright infringement anyone? :eek: [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.