main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

info on the old republic (KotOR,TotJ, & other legit sources)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarthArraKul, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    as an update on the mandalorians strike back

morris and kyle never made it...

the ship they were on with hymmn-vo was attacked by mandalorian raiders... outnumbered 50-3 the heros went about taking back the ship, with hymmn-vo travelling byhimself and eliminating resistance and morris and kyle working together.

at some point kyle became upset at morris and shot him on stun ((( morris was berating kyle for some foolish tactics, which were well in line with kyles Int score of 8))). kyle then proceeded to drag morris (( who was tied up by this time)) to the head mandalorian and proclim his desire to join them, offering morris as a hostage. the mandalorinas were not convinced, and asked for a show of oyalty from kyle, shoot morris. kyle refused, and then " shoot them... shoot them both "was heard.

needless to say this complicated the night quite a bit .. the rest of the PCs were relying on Morris' contacts in Marlavvas royal guard to help build a force to fight for the new queen. this never happened, and now thousands have died n the coup-de-tat

the mandalorians strike back.. update..

after exposing and siezing power from the impersonators .. the new queen of marlavva is faced with a new horror, the mandalorians recruited by darth vahlk have released a doomsday weapon on the planet. a drill sent towards the planet core

meanwhile padawan jaice caile is off to korriban to locat a missing team of jedi archaeologists

2. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003

STAR WARS
    the roleplaying game
    Episode 4
    The Return of Warb Null

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.......

Eighteen months have passed since the Mandalorians were routed from the planet Marlavva. The new queen, Syrena, has restored peace and prosperity to her world. However the situation grows grave in the rest of the galaxy. The Mandalorian clans seem to have united under common leadership. They have continued their attacks on the Republic, pressing entire systems into subjugation. Refugees from planets around the republic head to the capitol world of Coruscant...

Meanwhile Joku Bu has been putting his newfound wealth to good uses, aiding refugees who have come to his homeworld of Boleron. As well as increasing the security of the entire sector...

The Jedi Master Hymmn-vo, and his padawan Jaice Caile have been able to impress upon the Jedi Order that they must become involved in this war. Now thousands of Jedi Knights have entered the struggle to restore peace to the galaxy...

Perhaps the largest threat to peace in the galaxy has been discovered by the Lepi space marshall, Kerrik. In his search for the whereabouts of the Sith Lord Vahlk, he has discovered that the Dark Lord has begun plans for a new superweapon, and has taken on a new apprentice, a warrior thought dead since the Great Sith War...

3. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    STAR WARS
    the roleplaying game
    Episode 4
    The Return of Warb Null
    Part 2

After an encounter with Warb Null , Jaice and his master Hymmn-vo, are grievously injured. Null was trying to pry the Republic battle plans from Hymmn-vo?s mind. Joku, Syrena, and Jerec , the last of the Freedom Warriors, manage to escape with the wounded Jedi Knights to the Republic hospital ship ...

With Warb Null seemingly defeated the Republic forces continue to press their attack on the planet Bothpivin, but just as victory is within their grasp Jaice wakes to a strong tremor in the Force. Something bad is about to happen. After being alerted of the impending danger ,Queen Syrena elects to keep her forces in a position to aid the Republic battle group...

However the prodding of Joku Bu convinces the Queen and her loyal bodyguard Keth, to board his ship. Along with the injured Jedi, Space Marshal Kerrik, Tiny, and Jerec the group arrives to the sleek freighter just as a horrendous new superweapon emerges from hyperspace ...

The weapon is a planet sized superconductor of geothermal energy, which produces a massive ion disruption, all under the control of the Dark Lord Vahlk. As the weapon begins to attach itself to Bothpivin to harness the geothermal energy of the planet, the Republic fleet is crippled , and our heros are making a desperate flight from this new terror...

4. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    STAR WARS
    the roleplaying game
    Episode 4
    The Return of Warb Null
    Part 3

Hymmn-vo is dead, Jaice and Syrena are captured by the Sith , and the rest are trapped on the abandoned planet of Bellwisrubi. Lord Vahlk now has the plans for the Republic military campaign, as well as the knowledge of who holds the lost Tomb of Agamemmno, in his clutches, in the form of Jaice. Before his death, Hymmn-vo implanted the information into Jaice?s mind telepathically...

The Queen of Marlavva is another valuable prize for the Sith , but little do they know that her capture will set into motion events which are beyond even their control. All the while, both the Queen and Jaice are being held on the new superweapon constructed by the Sithlords.

Meanwhile, the rest of the group is trapped, their ship smashed and most badly injured. With little time to spare they have begun planning their escape from the hostile world on which they have been stranded...

5. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    update..

after escaping and rescuing the queen and jaice , the group managed to svae the galaxy and destroy the superweapon.

unexpectedly , it was found out that warb null is little more than an animated corpse(( with the memories and rage of warb null)), part of a sith alchemy experiment by vahlk....

by destroying the superweapon jaice has prooven himself worthy of the title of jedi knight

also, in between episodes we have found out that joku is a clone. he was replaced as an infant(( unbeknownst to his parents)) by the sinister scientist oberon jenerian, and that warb null is seeking the tomb of agamemmno for his own reasons. it would seem that inside the sarcophagus is the answer for warb null to free himself from the control of darth vahlk..

in addition some of the group is working to aid republic relief efforts on planets destroyed by the mandalorian assaults, while doing this jaice finds a small orphaned boy, who is strong in the force

at the same time syrena has helped establish that her brother , the jedi knight, strago (( who was a sith prisoner)) will become watchman of the marlavva system

6. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    STAR WARS
    the roleplaying game
    Episode 5
    Trapped on the Planet of Doom

A LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...

The galaxy is at war, the Mandalorians have begun a relentless assault on the Republic, at the behest of the Sith Lord Vahlk. The Republic is losing...

While investigating the mysterious rebirth of the Sith Lord Warb Null, our heros were intercepted and shot down over the grave world of Korriban. With their ship breaking apart our heros make for the escape pods , launching themselves onto the grave-world....

Little do they know that Korriban is no longer uninhabited, there is a new force there to contend with, in addition to the ever present Sith spirits. Now separated from one another, and with minimal supplies the group must find away off the planet before the worst happens...

7. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    .. ok.. being as i have been packing and am getting ready to move.. i have not been able to scare up any new topics for in here...

Anybody out there gave anything new???? or anything old to hash over again???

8. Mediator

Mediator Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2004
    Why is it that Marka Ragnos's tomb is different in KotOR than in Jedi Academy, for those of you who have visited it in both games?

9. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Maybe the fact that four thousand years has passed in the interim has something to do with it.

10. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    ah, beat me to it. I was gonna say that then i read the last post. Nice one

11. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    does anyone know the Mandalorian clan names????

ex. clan Ordo

12. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    ok... no one knows Mandalorian clan names....

another question for the forum... How did Malak loose his lower jaw?????

anyone heard anything????????????????

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Nothing as of yet.

It's rather sort of glazed over in the game, as to what precisely occurred, and remains an "untold" tale.

(Probably something having to do with HK-47 getting his goat, though.)

14. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Figured everyone here might appreciate the "heads-up":

The official storyline details for KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords have now been revealed by LFL.

Clicky here...you know you want to

15. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    cool .. thanx for the heads up

16. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    http://forums.n-philes.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29173

i think this may be the article in question,, and yes it may not be RPG related, but it does offer some historical insight which could be helpful to GMs out there

17. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    for those of you looking for stats on KOTOR characters look at the first page of this thread

18. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Some Mandalorian Clans:

Ordo
    Fett
    Ar'Klim
    A'skimus
    D'ael'mor
    Du'trachek
    Jaik'ran
    Krei'ger
    K'yltek
    Par'tay'on
    S'badai
    Tm'halk
    Tr'zch
    V'r'caah

I'm not sure about the validity of this information. I got it from this link

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

19. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    DarthArrakul, are the stats listed for the characters when they first appear, or for the end of the game? I personally think they're for when they first appear, regardless of in which order you visit the planets.

Second, can you point out where exactly in the boards you found those stats? I looked and couldn't find them. Maybe some more have appeared.

20. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    hey jedially...

as i recall.. the stats were a mid level approach to the characters.. not a when you found them approach... it's been a looong while since i read that stuff.. i will see if i can find it again and post the link

21. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Thanks, DAK. I just know that there's no way they can be for the end of the game. To be able to go through the StarForge gauntlet, I'd say they'd all need to be at least level 12. Maybe higher. Also, I'd figure Canderous and Carth would have some levels as an elite trooper, while Carth would also have levels as an officer and/or starship ace.

FYI, WotC has its own official stats for HK and Malak. Malak is Jedi Guardian 11/Sith Lord 9, so "Revan" has to be level 20 as well. At the time of his purchase, HK is Diplomat 1/Soldier 3/Scoundrel 5

22. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hi, pals!

I've been trying to implement the faction system from the Hero's Guide to an Old Republic Era campaign. So far, this is what I've got. I'd love to hear comments and suggestions:

The Galactic Republic

Analog to: The Republic
    Allied with: The Jedi Order, The Noble Houses
    Opposed to: The Sith Empire, The Mandalore Raiders
    Faction-dependant Feats: Rocket Jumper Training [SWRPGNetwork]
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: Rocket Jumper <requires Sympathy +3> [SWRPGNetwork[

The Jedi Order

Analog to: The Jedi Order
    Allied with: The Galactic Republic, The Noble Houses
    Opposed to: The Sith Empire
    Faction-dependant Feats: n/a
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: Jedi Master and other Jedi Classes [POTJSB]

The Sith Empire

Analog to: The Empire, The Sith
    Allied with: Czerka Corporation, The Sith Empire (sometimes)
    Opposed to: The Galactic Republic, The Jedi Order
    Faction-dependant Feats: n/a
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: Sith Warrior, Sith Magician, Sith Lord [DSSB]

The Mandalore Raiders

Analog to: Mystril Shadow Guard
    Allied with: The Sith Empire (sometimes)
    Opposed to: The Galactic Republic, The Jedi Order, The Echani
    Faction-dependant Feats: Heart of Vengeance [HG-Mystril Guard], Jedi Hunter [HG-Peace Brigade]
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: n/a

The Echani Warriors

Analog to: Bounty Hunter's Guild
    Allied with: n/a
    Opposed to: The Sith Empire, The Mandalorian Raiders
    Faction-dependant Feats: Echani, Echani Expertise, Echani Mastery [HG-Martial Arts Feats]
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: n/a

The Expanse Syndicate

Analog to: Black Sun
    Allied with: The Hutt Criminal Syndicate
    Opposed to: The Galactic Republic
    Faction-dependant Feats: Underworld Connections [HG-Black Sun]
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: Expanse Enforcer [HG-Black Sun Enforcer], Expanse Crimelord [HG-Black Sun Vigo]

Czerka Corporation

Analog to: Corporate Sector
    Allied with: The Sith Empire
    Opposed to: n/a
    Faction-dependant Feats: Credit Line, Premier Credit Line [HG-Corporate Sector]
    Faction-dependant Prestige Classes: Troubleshooter [HG-Corporate Troubleshooter]

Unchanged factions: The Hutt Criminal Syndicate, The Noble Houses (Core World Houses)

23. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    Neat.. i like

24. TieWhatevers

TieWhatevers Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2004
    how do you know all this about malak's level?

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Malak was on the Wizards web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.