main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

info on the old republic (KotOR,TotJ, & other legit sources)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by DarthArraKul, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    so.. with all the goodies being leaked about KotOR2.. what do you think we can all apply to our individual rpgs???

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Anything you want to. Your game is only as limited as you and your players choose it to be.

3. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    i know that Mag.... lol

i was hoping for more of an information deposit here on the thread....

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    I see some folks in here are looking for some totally fresh and new collated EU info from the TOTJ/KOTOR period, and the new sequel.

Try this Literature forum thread (from p.35 onward):

I'd work on transcribing it into this thread, but it's a major b****-kitty to format. Feel free to dip into this well to your hearts' content, and use what you will.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    You could probably add the Morgukai warriors to the faction list.

E_S

6. Naga_Shadow

Naga_Shadow Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2004
    hello all I love Jango Fett(but not kissy way)
    Mandalorians kick all ass :p

7. kragshot

kragshot Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2005
    In regards to getting inside the heads of Mandalorians, I have perhaps a better point of reference for them; BattleTech's Kerensky-descended Clans.

Instead being named after creatures (i.e. Jade Falcon, Wolf, Smoke Jaguar, Hell's Horses, etc....), they may be (most likely) simply named after the warriors who supported Mandalore when he founded the planet. In KotOR Canderous Ordo speaks as if that were the case in reference to his family.

Trials and single combat are usually the norm. In regular combat, while they may fight using standard tactics, if a character calls the group's leader out, the issue may be decided by single combat. In addtion, if a jedi is noticed, he will be definitely called out for single combat or at the very least engaged one at a time. All other mandalorians will not interfere in that particular battle.

Being the consumate warriors that they perceive themselves to be, honor and battle are everything to them and they will die before being dishonored.

Here's something that I might employ in game that might help to illustrate their extreme warrior point of view; if a member of a clan is soundly defeated in single combat by a non-mandalorian, it may fall upon another member of the clan to avenge the clan's honor by challenging that person. If that person is also defeated, then the entire clan may fall into dishonor, requiring that the clan's head name a champion to avenge the insult personally.

If the champion fails, then the clan's head is obligated to surrender his life to the council of clans as his leadership is deemed a failure and only his death and the death of his direct descendants (any sons, daughters and grandchildren) will cleanse the taint of defeat. The leadership of the clan will then fall to the brother or sister (or any descendants thereof) of the former leader. In addition, all warriors have to report and be re-trained in combat by a representative of the council of clans.

The non-mandalorian warrior is given the sword of the champion and former clan leader, along with any other possession owned by the leader, except for his armor, which is melted down into a single block of material and then cast into Mandalore's sun to be destroyed.

Just some ideas....

8. BossiveCwall

BossiveCwall Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2005
    hmm I was just wondering if anyone has a good picture of a basilisk. I've seent he black and white one.. the one thats been around forever which has arms and legs etc. along with a lego looking one.. heh.. so I supose I should be asking for a screenshot from KOTORII which has the basilisk on it.. but I cant seem to fine one anywhere.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Upping this one.

11. DarthArraKul

Jul 30, 2003
    i have returned.. and i was hoping to get this thread kicking again

12. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
  13. number7

number7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Does anyone have any d20 stats on starships, droids, or equipment from Kotor or the Old Republic time period? I've been digging for a while and I haven't come up with hardly anything.

I came across this page http://www.coveworld.net/kotor-d20/earlier and it is great but it was left unfinished.

14. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    only have hk-47's i'm afraid

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20040105hk47

unfortunately the TotJ era isn't one that Wizards have been into a lot,

15. number7

number7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much fan created content out there for that era either. It's a shame really. There should be more history behind the events that eventually led up to the clone wars.

16. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    it may be worth picking up the tales of the jedi companion off ebay. you'd at least have much more official info which could be converted, or at least give you a basis to work from.

17. number7

number7 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I haven't pushed this thread too far off topic.

18. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    A friend of mine once GM-ed a kotor/tales era campaign. It was very short-lived but some of the rules he introduced because of the era were that blasters (since they were a "new" invention) were 4x more expensive than the modern era, and the range was decreased by half (i.e. 30m range is 15m, etc.)

19. fryda_swaid

fryda_swaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    It was stated somewhere that Boba took control of Shysa's group after the latter was killed protecting Boba, even though Fett was trying to kill Fenn Shysa at the time.

20. fryda_swaid

Sep 4, 2005
    I have put together a couple of stats for use in a TOTJ era campaign. The first is for a typical Mandalorian warrior and the second is my attempt at a Mandalorian Basilisk based on the d6 stats that someone linked to earlier on this board.

Mandalorian Warrior: Human Scout 4/ Soldier 4; Init +2; Defense 17 (+2 Dex, +5 Class); DR 5; Spd 8m; VP/WP 57/15; ATK +9/+4 Ranged (3d8/19-20, Blaster Carbine), or +7/+2 Melee (1d4/20 Knife); SQ Trailblazing, Heart +1, Uncanny Dodge; SV Fort +8, Ref +7, Wil +6; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +5;Str 10, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 13; Challenge Code D
    Equiptment: Blaster carbine, Knife, Medium battle Armor
    Skills: Climb +4, Demolitions +6, Disable Device +3, Gather Information +4, Hide +5, Intimidate +4, Listen +4, Pilot +3, Read Basic, Read Mando'a Speak Basic, Speak Mando'a, Speak Huttese, Spot +2
    Feats: Ambidexterity, Armor Proficency (Light), Armor Proficency (Medium), Cautious, Combat Reflexes, Infamy, Multishot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Pistol), Weapon Group Proficency (Blaster Pistol), Weapon Group Proficency (Heavy Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Simple Weapons), Weapon Group Proficency (Vibro Weapons)

Mandalorian Basilisk Walker: Class Walker (Ground), Crew: 1 (Skilled +4); Size: Huge (6 m); Initiative: +2 (-2 Size, +4 Crew); Cargo Capacity: 50 kg; Defense: 13 (-2 Size, +5 Armor); Spd: 10 m; Max Velocity 30 km/h; Shield Points: 0; Hull Points: 60 (DR 10); Cost: Not For Sale
    Weapon: Laser Cannon (2 Fire Linked); Fire Arc: Front; Attack Bonus: +4 (-2 Size, +4 Crew, +2 Fire Control); Damage 5d10; Range Increment: 250 m
    Weapon: Concussion Missile Launcher (2 tubes, 4 missiles per tube); Fire Arc: Front, Attack Bonus: +4 (-2 Size, +4 Crew, +2 Fire Control); Damage: 3d10x6; Range Increment 400 m
    Weapon: Shockwave Generator; Fire Arc: Front; Attack Bonus +4 (-2 Size, +4 Crew, +2 Fire Control); Damage: 10d10; Range Increment: 50 m

21. fryda_swaid

Sep 4, 2005
    Okay, just wanted to let everyone know that the official WOTC version of the Basalisk is up on their site under the Bounty Hunters preveiws. Also included are the Mystral Shadow Guard, a Quarren bounty hunter, and Bossk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.