main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info. regarding next meeting.

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by Darth_Santos, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    Hello, everyone. It seems that this board is dead :confused:...

Please excuse my long absence. I have had quite a substantial amount of school work.

OK, let's get down to business. The club is not working out as we all forsaw it. The attendence is very depressing.

-First Meeting: 6 people
    -Second Meeting: 3 people
    -Third Meeting: 4 people
    -Fourth Meeting: 2 people

That would give us an average of (6+3+4+2 divided by 4) 3.75 people per meeting thus far. This, in my opinion, is not a good number.

I, for one, live very far from Dolphin Mall. My parents make a great sacrifice once a month to travel those 20 miles, conseidering how expensive gas is these days. I don't want my parents to have to sacrifice so much time and money if I'm going to meet with 2 other people.

Basically, very few people have made the effort to attend the meeting. I understand that some of you work those hours - you are an exception.

The point of this is: we need to come up with ideas regarding how we will meet. My first proposal is: we will not meet unless it is guaranteed that no less than 4 people will meet.

My apologies go out to those of you who have been consistent attendees thus far, but this "club" must be reformed.

Please state your opinion on this topic here.

2. SithHappensIII

SithHappensIII Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    hey if there is ever anyone that needs a ride let me know...... and two: i think i can bring along two other friends every time i go

3. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    That's a great idea, but you should only bring friends that are interested in Star Wars. If the case were otherwise, it would be very akward for us to be dicussing our passion for Star Wars and have your friends standing around bored. We do not want anyone to be bored. But, if they are interested, great idea! :)

4. SithHappensIII

Jun 13, 2005
    absolutely, i actually have three friends who are equal nerds as i am!! Ill try my best to get them aboard

5. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    ummmm....what is this. i'm sry i live in miami springs and i just thought i would check it out.

6. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    kotorkid:

Welcome. This is the unofficial Miami Star Wars club, a.k.a the Miami Sandtroopers. Are you interested?

7. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I totally agree with ya DarthSantos!!! This FanForce hasnt become what we envisioned it would be. I knew it would be hard work and I'm still eager to find more people who want to get together and discuss something we all love, STAR WARS!!!

I'm glad to see new members here that are excited and eager to join our FanForce. I welcome each and every one of you. Thanx for your interest!!!

As with what DarthSantos said...I think it's a good idea to have meetings ONLY if people are actually going to attend. The last meeting was really bad. I dont think we want a repeat of that at all.

So I hope that in the next few weeks our FanForce can get a little more organized in order to become better for everyone.

Take care guys and MTFBWY!!!

8. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    Well, I'm glad you're all still alive. I kinda figured the last meeting kinda bombed. Otherwise, I would've expected a quicker update. I would've gone, but I worked.

EnriqueH

9. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    so u guys meet at dolphin mall?

10. SithHappensIII

Jun 13, 2005
    yes tonight actually....we need one more person to confirm the meeting.....read the post below

11. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Man it's 5:45 and Im guessin no one else is coming >.< So I guess there'll be no meeting tonight!!! :_| PLEASE!!! One more person!!! COME ON!!!

12. EnriqueH

May 24, 2001
    Jesus! That was short notice!!!!

I come in here a couple of times after the failed meeting and it's dead. I wait a couple of days, I come back, and it's still dead. This went on a few times. Then I come back and there are a few new posts and I reply. I come back, and I've missed a friggin' meeting?!?!?!

There needs to be better planning. And for me to attend, it needs to be late Saturday since I work Saturdays.

EDIT: I think SithHappens has the right idea by having that confirmation post so that nobody gets screwed by driving out and then having nobody to meet. Matter of fact, cell phone numbers ought to be exchanged via email or something.

EnriqueH

13. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    Enrique:

I cannot make it on Saturday nights.

Also, by 'better planning', what do you mean precisely? In my opinion, the planning cannot become more simple than the steps we are currently following:

1) Confirmation on the Miami Board - if only less than 4 people interested in SW can attend, there will be no meeting.

2) Meetings are held the first Saturday of every month from 3:00 PM until x PM. [I can stay only 'till 5:30 PM]

14. EnriqueH

May 24, 2001
    My days off vary.

Like I said, I think cell phone numbers ought to be exchanged.

"Hey, Darth Santos. We still meeting tonight?
    "Yeah, Enrique, we are."
    "Cool, see you there."
    Click.

Why can't you make it Saturday nights? You don't drive?

EnriqueH

15. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    Correct. I do not drive.

16. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Well if anyone needs a ride it is on my way since i live way far north then any of you.I know DarthKornRawker has my cell but as for everyone else just email me and i will gladly give it.ThePachas@bellsouth.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.