main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Information from Showcase Springdale (don't get all excited or anything)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by sinsation, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sinsation

sinsation Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    Hi guys.

I just spoke to a gentleman who works at Showcase Cinemas Springdale, and basically found out that they don't know anything about anything yet.

I noticed that some of you seem to be concerned that tickets will go on sale while you're away at Celebration 2. While I certainly agree that being prepared for the worst is the appropriate thing to do, you may not need to worry.

The gentleman I spoke to said they do not know when tickets will go on presale, they are not sure how many prints they will get, they are not sure if it will be digitally projected, and that the earliest they would know anything is Monday, May 6th. That would tend to squelch the idea that the tickets will be sold this coming weekend (but then again we're better safe than sorry).

I had a hell of a time finding a phone number that would actually reach a human at the theater, so if you need to call them, use 671-0140.

I'm curious to see if they do the presales the same this time as the did for TPM. If they do, those who plan on buying tickets for a large group of people might need to bring friends and plan ahead. In 99 they made everyone leave Showcase property (basically we had to go stand by Bob Evans) and wait until 6am, at which point there was a big rush to line up. The tickets actually went on sale around 3pm, and they brought people in 25 at a time, and only allowed each person to buy 12 tickets each. If you need to buy more than 12, make sure they'll let you, or bring some friends.

That said, I'm really really looking forward to this. Good luck to everyone on getting their tickets, and safe journey to all those attending C2.

2. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks Sinsation! *smiles* I was just getting ready to post about this!

3. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    My buddy from grade school is the assistant manager at Springdale. I'll have to hit em up and see what he knows about AotC. I will be at school on the 16th, but the first thing I am going to do in June when I get home is go see it.

4. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Check out the other thread. The party is most likely going to be at night.

5. sinsation

sinsation Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2000
    Ok, I'm officially scared.

Like I said, the folks at the theater know nothing at the moment.

Everyone in this thread, however, seem CONVINCED that the presales will take place on Friday, May 3rd.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner, in the fetal position, waiting for some definite information. [face_plain]

6. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I highly doubt there will be any sales before next Wednesday. i spoke to a manager at AMC in Newport and he said, they'll only be given three days notice, so don't expect the theatres to know before we do. As for those not heading to Springdale, AMC will not be putting a limit on the number of tickets you can buy. At least according to the manager I spoke to. Though no word on the "camping" situation there as it is Newports decision and not the Theatres. Just some definite info to quench your thirst.

~Vauhn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.