Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deine_mutter Jedi Padawan

I work for an ad agency in Seattle that sometimes does consulting for Lucasfilm and other production companies. We haven't done anything with Episode 3 because it's a pretty big project for a smaller agency like us. But there was some talk going around the office yesterday that caught my ear:

The trailer to Episode 3 will be out in two weeks. It's just a one-minute teaser, but it's heading to theaters in two weeks.

Exciting. I'm not an insider at all and that was the complete content of what I heard. Hope it's true.

HC EDIT: Made official thread.
  2. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
  3. wookieepotpie Force Ghost

star 1
  4. background_jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Two weeks? Is that theater or online? If theater WTH comes out in two weeks?
  5. MoD-Sith Jedi Master

star 4
    did you happen to hear what movies its coming out with? cause i will pay to see the movie for just the trailer.
  6. wookieepotpie Force Ghost

star 1
    "Did you happen to hear what movies its coming out with? cause i will pay to see the movie for just the trailer".

If not for the trailer for TPM, I STILL would not have seen "Waterboy".

btw, Dreamworks (Spielberg) animated movie "Shark Tales" opens October 1st. Hmmm.

Would Lucas do that for his bud? Nahhh.
  7. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    October 8th
    -----------
    Raise Your Voice
    A Sound of Thunder
    Taxi
    Around the Bend
    The Dust Factor
    Go Further
    Friday Night Lights

---

39 days til opening of Pixar's The Incredibles.
    11-05-04.

The trailer will be priemering on Hyperspace. Maybe we'll get it sooner than whatever movie it's attached to.
  8. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    i doubt it.

if it was 2 weeks out, GL would of posted that news on the OS. And/or it would be attached to a movie by now. And we would know what movie.

At least thats what my friend who works for this law firm that has nothing to do with EP III told me. But, they were talking about Star Wars yesterday- so its legit!

CLONe

9. E CHU TA! Jedi Master

star 4
    The AOTC "Choices" Trailer was released on 10/15/01 via the TPM DVD website. So, the timeframe (early October) would be about the same.

BTW: I've been looking for the "Choices" trailer all over the Internet and can't find it. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?
  10. wookieepotpie Force Ghost

star 1
    Yeah, I guess Spielberg's flick opens in five days. That doesn't work.

I mean, it works for me, but not for this thread.
  11. Leias_love_slave Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You mean it missed being on the DVDs by a month?

D'OH! :oops:
  12. jollydwarf Jedi Master

star 4
    If this is even mostly true (2-3 weeks away), then it may mean that the "teaser" is less 'footage intensive' than the previous two. It might be a couple shots and more graphics, like a slow pan around Vader's helmet, with a red-orange light shining on it from offscreen.

I'm not trying to discredit the thread creator, but I'm very skeptical about any official footage released before November.
  13. Darth_Ape Force Ghost

star 3
    I work for an ad agency in Seattle

Exactly what agency is that?
  14. deine_mutter Jedi Padawan

http://www.williams-helde.com

You're not getting my name though.
  15. background_jedi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks Tiny! :) Reading the list of movies released on the 8th, I don't see any likely candidates. hmmm
  16. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm not going to get my hopes up, but I'd be thrilled if this was true.
  17. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't worry Marc, Brian, Heather, Nan, Paul, Rob, Darci, Tod, or Carol. Your secret is safe here.
  18. attack_pattern_delta Jedi Knight

"Taxi" is probably the biggest release of that date. It had ads all around the Mall for it yesterday.

I can't say whether or not two weeks is far fetched but,
    hmmm, "Taxi" is produced by "Luc" Besson.
  19. DARTHSHAME Force Ghost

star 4
    I just saw a commercial for the movie TAXI it is very action oriented. I could imagine the ROTS trailer connected to this.
  20. Larmo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll eat my hat if the trailer is attached to such disgusting garbage as the film Taxi.

BTW: I've been looking for the "Choices" trailer all over the Internet and can't find it. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

No such thing, you must be thinking of "Mystery"
  21. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    I believe you can view "Choices" by putting in your AOTC DVD in your DVD-Rom, and accessing the internet.

Choices wasn't a "trailer".
  22. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually there is such a thing as the Choices trailer. It was seen from a link on the TPM dvd to the official dvd.starwars.com website. It was more like a collage of pictures and music than a video trailer, but it did exist.
  23. Jotun Denal Chosen One

star 6
    Maybe it'll be some exclusive trailer available online for those who purchased the DVD. Or maybe it's nothing at all.
  24. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The trailers for AOTC were "Breathing", "Mystery", "Forbidden Love" and "Clone War."

There was no such trailer as "Choices."
  25. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    sw.com story

Once you've had a look at the newly remastered film and hours of bonus material, if you have a DVD-ROM equipped PC you'll want to check out the disc's weblink to a new DVD-exclusive site. Currently showing is an Episode II video presentation called "Choices", with more great stuff on the way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.