main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starwars_1977-1983

Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2004
    The OT and LOTR are the definitive movie sagas.

ROTS may be good, but how could a single movie redeem TPM and AOTC ?
    Impossible.

2. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Dont tell me people are complaing about the Wookies after they were crying foul they were not used in ROTJ!!! Geez just can not please anybody!

And TPM and AOTC were excellent movies. No redemption required. And considering after ROTS comes out there will be no more OT trilogy just one SW saga. Like it or not.

3. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    I think most people who were disappointed with the first two movies, immediately say that they suck. I found them disappointing yes, most people did, but I still enjoy them as films in their own right. I just don't like them as much as I like the OT that's all (bar ANH). I hope that ROTS is as good as I hope it'll be. I'm going to lower my expectations as to not get too disappointed. Easier said than done eh?

4. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    And TPM and AOTC were excellent movies. No redemption required. And considering after ROTS comes out there will be no more OT trilogy just one SW saga. Like it or not.

I'm sure there will be many who will always see SW as a trilogy, with the PT being an optional supplement like EU.

5. Ed-A_1978

Ed-A_1978 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2004
    Even if you didn't like TPM and AOTC, surely you have to admit that there are worst films out there.

Batman and Robin anyone??!!!

6. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    ROTS may be good, but how could a single movie redeem TPM and AOTC ?
    Impossible.

Simple. Those movies don't need redemption, so there is no such pressure on ROTS at all. To be honest, I enjoyed TPM and AOTC as much as, if not more, than the OT. I was only excited for the OT DVD for like a week or so, and that was mostly for the episode iii preview and making-of documentary. I still haven't watched the movies, minus the parts that had changes to increase the continuity with the first 3 chapters of the saga, which, in my opinion, are very very good changes, and the main reason why i was excited to have those movies on dvd anyway. For Episodes I, II, and III, however, i've been excited for these since the previosu movie came out. (in episode I's case, since I learned of star wars)

7. Ed-A_1978

Jul 10, 2004
    "You're right about Sidious despising lightsabers in ROTJ".

Errr, I must've missed that bit!! When on earth did Sidious/Palpatine state that he HATED lightsabers???

8. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    The first thing I noticed about Vader as he's 'rising', is the lower chest section (where the control box is), just below the main upper chest-plate.

In the OT, this was a form-fitting cloth. It stood out because Prowse was a body-builder.
    In the teaser you can clearly see that this section is a hard, built-out frame to make the suit's smaller occupant (Hayden) look bigger.

9. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    "When on earth did Sidious/Palpatine state that he HATED lightsabers???"

Maybe his distasteful tone when calling them the "weapon of a Jedi". Keep in mind that Sidious doesn't like Jedi, at least, not the ones he can control. ;)

10. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    the phantom menace doesn't need any redemption, if any star wars movie needs it its AOTC.

11. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I wonder what fabulous lines Mace will have in this one. I 'm interested to see what new line could possibly supplement his already immortal "This party's over." I'm banking on something along the lines of "Whoomp, there it is." Classy.

I cannot wait to see how John Williams' score will be mutilated in the third act once again. I'm also eager to witness, and count on both hands, the number of times Padme gets hurt but bounces up with nary a scratch. It will be fun to see this corrected on the DVD re-release of ROTS.

May 2005 cannot come soon enough. Lucas is a filmmaking deity.

12. young_zev

young_zev Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 1999
    Gotta agree with that. AOTC is just treading water.

TPM, like it or not, at least puts the ball in motion.

But ROTS is going to be awesome, because it'll tie up the loose ends and give everyone an enormous sense of narrative satisfaction. Mmmm.... can't wait!

13. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    I find some things about the trailer extremly odd

For instance

the look the yoda has on his face when he ignites his saber---his mouth is waiting for flys to fall in it and it makes me think that the rest of yoda isnt gonna be good

Chewy and the other wookie--- the both make 1 sound that sounds as if one of them is speaking and not the other, and also that sound effect was featured in Kotor and it just sounds dubbed

Vaders Hands- Vader rises on the table and his gloves are all bunched up in his hands, he looks like a little baby clenching his fists

Things that i really did like

The look and Vaders face when hes pressing the saber on Obi's face

just so full of hate

Also the starship fights look incredible and so does the final fight

overall i am so excited i cant belevie it!!!

it doesnt matter about the bad things, i swear to myself that i'm going to literally cry when its over, its just going to be so emotional

other thoughts

i agree that yoda is not in Palps office

But i do think that Mace is in his office

because the lighting isnt too different between where he is seen and where Palps is

I think the wookie look incredibly when they are all screaming, but in the backround there is some pre- at at/ at st structures, and it looks like the wookies are running towards battle not away.. why are they running away from Empire?? or perhaps they are fighting when they think Empire/republic is still all good

I love the scene where the ships fire is suppposed to be getting put out, incredible realism!!

14. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    LOL!!

Palps
    "I hate those silly lightsabers teehee!!!

someones obviously drinking too much windex

15. Ed-A_1978

Jul 10, 2004
    "I wonder what fabulous lines Mace will have in this one. I 'm interested to see what new line could possibly supplement his already immortal "This party's over." I'm banking on something along the lines of "Whoomp, there it is." Classy.

I cannot wait to see how John Williams' score will be mutilated in the third act once again. I'm also eager to witness, and count on both hands, the number of times Padme gets hurt but bounces up with nary a scratch. It will be fun to see this corrected on the DVD re-release of ROTS.

May 2005 cannot come soon enough. Lucas is a filmmaking deity."

Jee, here is an idea. Why don't you bashers try to be a bit more original every now and again. Oh no wait, that would to difficult. My mistake.

16. TheWord

TheWord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    Palpatine says in RotJ: A Jedi's weapon.

He does not say: A Jedi's weapon.

There is a big difference. He's pointing out that he is impressed that Luke built one, not that he has contempt for the weapon.

17. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Why isn't the trailer up on the SW web site yet for everyone. I thought that hyperspace memembers got to see it yesterday and everyone else would get to view it today.????

18. TheLobotCollective

TheLobotCollective Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    Thank god for this board on another boring day at work! The trailer has really gotten me excited again in SW.

A couple things:

Wouldn't Vader's hands/arms be smaller as a young adult then as a fully grown man that will become in the OT? Other than a slightly ackward pose, I'm not sure what the all the fuss is about.

Artoo seems to be holding something in the shot at 1:23.

Sidious has a gash above his forehead in the lightsaber shot. Has anyone seen that in the OT?

19. DarthNomis

DarthNomis Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 2, 2001
    Complain, Gush, Bash, Toll, or whatever you want about the trailer or the PTs or Whatever...but for me...

....IT WAS A GREAT WEEK TO BE A STARWARS FAN!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

20. Darth_Fargo

Darth_Fargo Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2004

First impressions is WOW.

Second impression is I've always had that reaction seeing the first trailer.

Still, I like what I see. The Sidious/Palpatine thing at the end looks vampireish. I'm just happy to see some moving pictures out there instead of using my imagination. I noticed there was no Grevious, wonder if he will be slipped in somehow in the next trailer.

21. darthcompletelydaft

darthcompletelydaft Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    thank god for star wars, eh ? ;)

22. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    WOW. That's all i can say. I thought for a first teaser it was awesome. I like how they changed Vader's voice a little bit to compensate for the fact he is much younger. I literly got chills when i saw anakin looking at the camera with his yellow eyes. I thought that that really brought out "evil" in him. I think that both shots of mace where from his duel with either palps or ani. Wookies looked pretty good and so did the "rising" of vader. Overall two thumbs up and i can't wait for another trailer.

23. Overwhelmed_Jedi

Overwhelmed_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2004
    WOW, THIS IS MY LIFE!:D

24. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    I wonder what fabulous lines Mace will have in this one. I 'm interested to see what new line could possibly supplement his already immortal "This party's over." I'm banking on something along the lines of "Whoomp, there it is." Classy.

That'll be the line he says when he gets a saber through the gut. Or maybe when all Hell breaks loose and the poodoo hits the fan for the Jedi, Yoda can use a "cool" line to capture the essence of the moment.

YODA: *watching the clones turn on the Jedi* Let the dogs out, someone did.

:p

25. a_band_maul

a_band_maul Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Arrgh! I can't believe how cool this trailer is. This fanboy is squiming with glee.

The red Vader eyes...

Obi getting owned by Anikan...

The expression Padme's face...

Sidious! Sidious! Can he look any more evil?

I wasn't that stoked by any of the trailers for AOTC. They all had red flags as far as the film went - but this! This gave me chills.

</end uphoric gushing>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.