Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red-2 Jedi Master

star 4
    One thing that was just awful was the rotoscoping at
    1:24

i went frame by frame and some of the sabers were so obviously off....

but thank god its just the teaser

GOT to love the just pure hate when anakins pushing the saber down on him, all he wants is to see him dead
  2. flenchgrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! That was the most boring regurgitated garbage I've ever seen. Sidious and wonder boys' eyes were cool though. Taken as a whole, Alec Guiness was the best part of the trailer.
  3. appleseed Force Ghost

star 4
    That was probably the most incredible trailer I've ever seen. It's mind-boggling to think that we're actually going to see that battle we've all been waiting for since the late 70's (well, many of us anyway).

For those who are too bitter and cynical to enjoy SW anymore and therefore naturally hated the trailer...it's your loss.
  4. Ree Yees Jedi Youngling

star 5
    So Mustafar is ripping off Mordor..despite the fact that episoe 3 was well into post-production by the time ROTK came out?

Uhm ROTK came out in the fifties or sixties or something like that. I've never minded a lava planet but now that ROTK is out as a movie I think George should've come up with something a little bit more imaginative. He used to boast about how CGI would free him up to do amazing things, but there's nothing amazing yet, nothing that surpasses the OT. The coolest thing was a guy with horns and paint in his face.

"Oh likeded da Lava planet. It looked like Mordor, innit." (and yes people in my school talk like that).

You're in the same class as Ali G? Wicked! :D But you have an important point there. One I was trying to explain but of course Episode III was thought out well before Tolkien's grandparents were born.

There's one thing on which we disagree completely : The wookies.
    I cannot see how they look fake. It was a good surprise for me to see them in that trailer, because they look good, while I wasn't too excited by the behind-the-scenes pics we had seen before.

I've rewatched that bit a few times on my videotape but I still say they look unnatural. However, I downloaded the Internet trailer and here they kind of look better, dunno why really. Anyhow, it looks like the Wookiees are nothing but Ep3's answer to Gungans/Ewoks (role-wise), but I'm not too deep in spoilers so I don't really know.

His mouth, his teeth, his snarl, his evil eyes, ....

Nah, it's just cartoony to me. Not scary.

Batman and Robin anyone??!!!

That movie is SUPREME compared to AOTC.

I wonder what fabulous lines Mace will have in this one. I 'm interested to see what new line could possibly supplement his already immortal "This party's over." I'm banking on something along the lines of "Whoomp, there it is." Classy.

LOL!

Chewy and the other wookie--- the both make 1 sound that sounds as if one of them is speaking and not the other, and also that sound effect was featured in Kotor and it just sounds dubbed

This is a trailer. They've just taken a random Chewie sound sample from the OT and (sloppily might I add) slapped in on the trailer.

Why isn't the trailer up on the SW web site yet for everyone. I thought that hyperspace memembers got to see it yesterday and everyone else would get to view it today.????

George Lucas loves you(r money)

Sidious! Sidious! Can he look any more evil?

Most definitely. Check out his appearance in 'Return of the Jedi'.

Wow! That was the most boring regurgitated garbage I've ever seen. Sidious and wonder boys' eyes were cool though. Taken as a whole, Alec Guiness was the best part of the trailer.

You said it.

5. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At least they got to see it with those $40 still in their wallets. ;)
  6. Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling

star 6
    If you didn't like the last two, you probbaly won't like this one either. If you can't find something to like in this trailer, then I would give up on trying to like Episode III now and just cut your losses.

Obviously there are much better movies you could be spending yout time on.
  7. Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Mace will probably say, "I guess this party really IS over!" and then dies.
  8. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Did anyone notice the small ship escaping through the blast doors before the palpatine shot?
    Frezze it and go frame by frame, to the right just down from the middle of the screen...look for the blue engines. It flys out of the door.
    Anyone know what ship it is?
  9. Ed-A_1978 Jedi Knight

star 2
    "Batman and Robin anyone??!!!"

"That movie is SUPREME compared to AOTC".

Oh my God. I just don't believe this. I literally had to pinch myself when reading that comment. And there was me thinking that a basher couldn't get any more low. Boy, have I been proved wrong. What an insane world we live in.
  10. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh my God. I just don't believe this. I literally had to pinch myself when reading that comment. And there was me thinking that a basher couldn't get any more low. Boy, have I been proved wrong. What an insane world we live in.

I KNOW! To be at a point where a Star Wars movie makes Batman and Robin look good! This really IS a screwy world! [face_laugh]
  11. jastermedi Jedi Knight

star 2
    it LOOKS like an imperial star destroyer.......
  12. Count_Cuckoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Ree Yees, Batman and Robin is one of the worst films ever to be made. You have lost your mind.
  13. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
  14. Qu_Klaani Jedi Master

star 4
    "Uhm ROTK came out in the fifties or sixties or something like that."

The book did, and you can hardly accuse Mustafar of being a rip off of Morder in that.

"I've never minded a lava planet but now that ROTK is out as a movie I think George should've come up with something a little bit more imaginative."

The movie came out after the look of Mustafar had been finalised, George wasnt going to change it because of that was he?
  15. TheWord Jedi Master

star 4
    To all the fans who showed up in this thread to bash:

I usually don't say much about the bashing/gushing debates, but I'm going to say something now.

Get the ---- off your high-horses and don't come around just to rip on TPM and AotC. We get it. You don't like them. Congratulations. If there's anything more pathetic then the fact that we're all rabid Star Wars fans, it's the fact that people like you feel so ripped off by the PT that you waste hours of your lives coming on to these forums just to push the buttons of FELLOW FANS who happen to enjoy the prequels.

It's pathetic. It's the lowest level of bullying. We are all nerds, but some of us decide that the only way we can feel powerful is by bullying other nerds on the internet over their movie preferences. Or is it that you still have gotten over the fact that Boba Fett isn't Jaster Mareel? Ugh!

This is a trailer discussion thread, not a thread for people who hated TPM and AotC to come spew bile about how this trailer clearly indicates that the movie will suck. That's nonsense. Either discuss the trailer or move along. If you can't fixate your mind on something other than your distaste for two movies not under discussion here, then maybe you should stop liking Star Wars, or go whine by yourself, or at least take it to the appropriate forum. You people are so fatiguing.
  16. Darth_Frost Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guys i need some new underwear after seeing this!:D

one word AWESOME!:D
  17. JMZ Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to say this: anyone doubting Josh before now must be trying to extract their feet from their mouths, considering his trailer description was 100% correct. HA!

The trailer is so good I love it. I kept Media Player open at work all night so that when I came in today, I could keep watching it over and over again, and I have. Can't wait for tomorrow night when I go see The Incredibles and see it on glorious big screen.
  18. Ed-A_1978 Jedi Knight

star 2
    TheWord,
    Thank you! Your post is everything I wanted to say, but just couldn't find the right way to put it!!
  19. Boiiinng Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't see what the problem is with Mustafar. Why are people saying it's not original? Hello? The ENTIRE PLANET is covered in LAVA! The only thing in Mordor that had lava was Mt. Doom itself, so quit comparing it to LOTR. Everything else in Mordor was dead and black. Take an art class and maybe you will be more aware of these things.
  20. JMZ Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^^Agreed. It's not a "Mt. Doom of Mordor" planet, all black with the occasional volcano. It's an entirely red lava planet. Huge difference. Besides, Mordor was a valley with one volcano in it. Mustafar is covered with volcanic ranges. Mordor's lava was really red-orange, whereas Mustafar is really red. It's a big difference.
  21. DarthHutt Force Ghost

star 5
    Some of these bashers make me wish these forums had an 'Ignore' feature...
    ...I guess I'll just use my mouse-wheel to bypass their nonsense.
  22. Count_DoodooKuku Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I'll say one thing about the trailer:

It proves once and for all that Sidious does not despise lightsabers. He has one of his very own, and uses it to own.

END RANT
  23. Darth_Frost Jedi Knight

star 1
    I must say sids appereance did disturb me but he looks great!
  24. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    Dude, that was an awsome trailer! I can't wait to see how Lucas brings this franchise back to life! Ship scenes- awsome;edi and Sith fight scenes- awsome; Anakin's eyes; awsome. All in all everything was awsome! the way they put all of thos scenes from all of the three movies was cool, especially with Obi Wan narrating. Who is that guy with the striped face and crossed teeth? I'm confused, is Grievous a sith? I was kind dissapointed that Grievous was not in the trailer. Thoughts?
  25. Fan-4-Life Jedi Knight

star 3
    Grievous isn't finalized yet. They're saving him for last, and are still tweeking, and preparing him to be ready. I was a bit upset I didn't see him as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.