Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_robbit Jedi Youngling

I know everybody says that we should wait for episode 3 to make everything make sense but being involved in film making and being a big fan of the original trilogy, I still think that George missed the mark with tpm and aotc, i would really like to like them and I 80% do but I think rots will save the prequels....I hope they do!
  2. the_robbit Jedi Youngling

I think that Darth Vader has lost his sting....at least for another 4 years.George Bush is still the biggest bad ass on the block that everybody seems to love to hate, hopefully rots will make him look like shirley temple.
  3. Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling

star 3
    George Lucas better kick me in the nuts with this film. That's all i've got to say until May.
  4. DS615 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Did anyone else notice that Yoda's wearing a velour leisure suit?

5. Ed-A_1978 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "George Bush is still the biggest bad ass on the block that everybody seems to love to hate....."

Errr, yeah. That's why Americans voted him back in!!!
    God bless America
  6. DARKAURUM Jedi Master

star 3
    Lets see:

Overall
    -the trailer itself blew compared to AOTC and TPM trailers.

Details
    -the first half looked like a fan-made trailer
    -the second half ... the music was poorly fitted
    -rather than build anticipation, the trailer showed too much: wookies, sidious, the duel
    -it's trying to leech off Original Trilogy imagery to get viewers out there
  7. Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan

star 4
    it's trying to leech off Original Trilogy imagery to get viewers out there

And this is bad because...?

Think of the SW saga as one big delicious recipe. Each episode is an ingredient. You've got to combine everything to get the intended outcome.

I think using the OT lines from Obi Wan is BRILLIANT.
  8. J_Kode Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "George Bush is still the biggest bad ass on the block that everybody seems to love to hate....."

Errr, yeah. That's why Americans voted him back in!!!
    God bless America

they voted him back in cause all the people in the red states are afraid of dudes kissing. great reason, since that has so much to do with the government, foreign policy, and the economy. yay america.
  9. MilhouseVanHouten Jedi Youngling

Hello,

I think using the Alec Guiness lines from ANH was a really good way to tie the entire story together.

Honestly I was not a bit LOTR fan so I didn't see the Mustafar/Muldor connection right away, but I do have two comments to that. #1 What other type of background landscape was left? We used the desert twice, underwater, the arctic, swamp, outer space, the forest...think about it - if it was anything else it'd be recycled footage. #2 It probably is symbolic to hell - GL is big on metaphore and stuff, and I think this background fits the point of the scene.

I have no problem with the "new" vader. It think it works to show the "first version" of vader, and also lets face it, if it was EXACTLY the same as the ANH Vader, then its basically re-used footage. What was the deal with his hands? Did he even have hands? The frankenstien symbolism was pretty good too.

Loved the tri-wing fighter. Guessing this is a prequel to the x-wing?

I liked the Sidious scene with a lightsaber - I'm guessing his "vampiric" face is either cloaked or he morphs into it somehow? I think the look again is very symbolic of evil. Well done.

Can't wait for the real thing!
  10. HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am hoping that this film is good, that is all.

Problem: Lucas has alot to tie up in this one
    Solution: Screw the politics, make a good STAR WARS movie this time. The trailer gives me hope

Problem: Many audiences did not like the last two, what will get them to this one?
    Solution: Market it along with OT, provide us a reason to put this film on a pedestal next to the OT, if not the previous two films

Problem: The last two were not good, not good at all. Will I get flamed for this? Yes. I will concede that they were decent flicks, but not decent star wars flicks.
    Solution:Really make it clear that this ties us in with the OT, ie: naval engagements, REAL drama, EMOTIONAL duels with DIALOGUE, WOOKIES(thank god for wookies in E3, thats one point to George) and most importantly DON'T WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT POLITICS!

Please don't make flame war, they are counterproductive to discussion. This is coming for a previously hard-core fan, but now relegated to "hopeful" status for this last movie. Don't say "Oh, well George is making the movies he wants to make" to this, I say, well, Good for him! If you REALLY liked your films though, you would have realized your weak screenwriting and directing, and delegated those tasks accordingly, while constructing the story himself and producing.
  11. swedeJEDIjari Jedi Youngling

Any one care to tell the TFN people that the trailer has aired on the swedish telly early in the morning on saturday. My mail has crashed so send this forward once you see it. It was a shortened version on TV 4. Usually Z TV airs it over here.
  12. sniper_raps Jedi Master

star 2
    Gotta say that I love the OT Obi Wan used to narrate the Trailer.

Anakin's eyes go yellow..! How come its not seen in the OT??

Whose the guy with the Pinstriped face??

Fankestineish, the way Vader is raised up from the gurney! Definetly created a monster
  13. PalpatineisaGangsta Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The new trailer is amazing,I am putting alot of trust into Lucas with this film and I really think he will deliver. I also think,like so many others,that once we see this movie some things we hated in the first two movies will make sense and make us appreciate them more.

14. comport Jedi Youngling

so.... one quick thing that ( i think) no one has considered yet.... when you see vader's costume rising up attached to that table, everyone assumes he's in it already... i don't think so. i think thats the first time we see the costume, but vader's not in it yet... thats why the hands look so lame.

also. this one is reaaaaly far out there, but... is it possible that the figure that everyone assumes is palpatine swinging (possibly throwing...) the red saber at the camera isn't palpy, but is actually anakin/vader, after the lava incident but before suiting up? again... yes, its a long shot... but maybe...
  15. DarthSiren Jedi Padawan

star 4
    the new trailer kicks MAJOR arse! oh and to see all those wonderful people who 2 years ago said lucas would "save the secret" eat crow... it's a fabulous feeling. i got chills watching it. i feel the fever coming on again...

*takes her star wars gear out of the closet, dusts it off, puts it back on. "hey it still fits!"*
  16. choccy Jedi Master

star 1
    Jar Jar, whilst to some is annoying, he was not a waste and more importantly, it was he who really set everything in motion when he proposed giving (legally) Palpatine emergency powers.

Yes he was a pawn in the game of chess, but maybe the most important one of all.

17. ctumole Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hello All,

Long Long Long time lurker(1998). I usually like reading other people's opinion on all things STAR WARS and usually in a thread someone will post something that mirrors my opinion. But since this is the last STAR WARS film ever, I've decided to contribute my own reactions to the Teaser Trailer.

My initial reaction was like most others, marveling at how gloriously evil Sideous appears and Anakin's new Sith eyes. But after many viewings there is one shot that gets to me. Yoda, staring down the most evil creature in the universe, knowing that things are falling apart and the Old Republic is nearing an end, stands facing this creature in "his house" preparing to fight with no look of fear in his face. I don't know why this is, but that shot is getting an emotional reaction from me and just picturing it with Williams' music swelling in the background makes me want this movie in theater right now.

While I know that the little green guy is probably gonna get his butt handed to him but I'm still gonna be there cheering him on and hope that he's the one that gives Sideous that limp that he's sporting in ROTJ.

18. hear+soul Jedi Master

star 6
    I put out my initial reaction with some initial points but when you say or write about something you can't always remember everything so here is what is in my mind now.
    The tri-wing as it has been labeled was really cool. I like the idea of showing the evolution of the different star fighter. By doing this, Lucas is connecting the movies in more ways than just the plot. He also does this in other ways, but as far as the trailer goes, that was a great one. After doing some digging up concept art (jeeze I wish I was a hyperspace member) I found some tie-fighter-esque ships which were also very cool.
    I am very interested in how Lucas is going to connect Palpatine and Sidious. It does seem rediculous that Palpatine would have a meeting, wait till everyone leaves, put on a cloak, pull Maul out of a closet, turn out the lights, send a hologram, then put evrything back to do some appearance.
    I was looking at the lava scene,I thought the things those guys were riding were some kind of robots, but they look more like huge insects. Also, who are those guys who are riding them?
    I don't see why everybody is stressing over the closing door. It's just a closing door, don't look too much into it. I doubt it has the kind of significance that everyone is making it out to be. I doubt it has much significance at all.
    I really hope Grievous isn't as bad looking as all of the concept art is. Ya, he's kinda cool looking, ya he uses four lightsabers, ya his eyes are cool looking, but I was hoping he'd be a little bulier. I was also hoping he'd have more alien showing; he looks all droid. I'm starting to thing it's gonna be like men in black: a little alien in the head. I do remember him from the clone wars cartoon and he was awsome in that. But I'm still confused, is he a general or a sith? Is he both? If he is a sith, does he kill Dooku?
    I think that's about it for now. I should probably move along to the other board now that it's getting more in depth.

19. DarthHutt Jedi Master

star 5
    One of my initial reactions was that they're gonna have a whole lot of toys to sell come this summer... ;)
  20. orcagirl_78 Jedi Youngling

Thanks for telling me about Tion. Had NO idea who he was. He looks evil though.
  21. jagilrock Jedi Youngling

Looks like Yoda has downed a pair of imperial guards from the shots of him with his lightsaber (one on the left and the right). May have done it without using a lightsaber as well as he's only drawing it out after one of them is already on the floor.

They could have been expecting someone taller to come around the corner and blasted each other accidently.

Then again maybe they were already dead.
  22. Pooja Jedi Knight

star 6
    Finally saw it... can't say I'm too impressed...

...I mean, too surprised that it looks as amazing as it does. Wow, wow, infinite wow.
  23. Lord-Stucifer Jedi Youngling

star 1
    can someone please tell me how i post a gif. image as my icon... its no bigger than the other icons and ive seen others post it before...
  24. Saber_Force Jedi Youngling

this was one great teaser
  25. Yoda_Jedi_Luke Jedi Padawan

star 4
    you can post a .gif by typing - [image= and then copying the image url here and then ending it with ]

like this -

[image=http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/3874/jump.gif]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.