main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Injustice Series (IJ: Gods Among Us and IJ 2)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sorry in advance if there's an old thread about the game in here, but I didn't have the patience to look for it and the mods are more than welcome of merging this with it. Does anyone play this game? I had it for my PS3, and a recent PSN sale offered an offer-you-can't-refuse price of $5.99 on the PS4, so I sold my old disk copy and downloaded it for my newer console. The graphics are pretty much the same, but I don't really mind that much. Apparently the sequel will finally be coming out sometime next Spring. I'm hoping to see either Powergirl or at least Supergirl among the newcomers.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/injustice-gods-among-us-2-in-development-report/1100-6440328/

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I've enjoyed Injustice a whole lot - as a fighting game, it struggled with balance (first Superman, then Batgirl), to the point that it only lasted two years at the EVO Tournament, but I found it very fun as a quick game to pick up and play for a few minutes at a time. Especially enjoyed Deathstroke.

Have not been able to read the comic series, although I've heard great things about it - excited to hear that there is a sequel forthcoming, as well.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll be honest, the real reason I bought the game was to play as Harley Quinn. But I still find it enjoyable on occasion playing as other characters; and I'm even playing through the story mode again.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Ahsoka's Tano - new characters for Injustice 2 include Supergirl, Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd, and Doctor Fate. Supposedly more to be announced, but that's what we know so far.

And also, the armoring shown in the trailer is a way in which you can customize your characters, RPG-style. That detail creates a bit of a nightmare for how the game will be regulated on the tournament level, but sounds fun for a casual gamer like me.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Sounds good (at least the new characters). Is that it, or are there plans for more? I'd imagine they'd include some new costumes for the returning characters (Suicide Squad for Joker and Harley, Batman V. Superman costumes,etc.). What would really be awesome is if they'd consider skins from the "Gods and Monsters" series.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I have the first one on the 360. While I'm not the best at it I still find it fun. I mainly used Cyborg and Bane. I'll probably get the sequel when it drops in price a bit.

7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Ahsoka's Tano Aquaman, Superman and Batman also confirmed.

I haven't played the console version but as you know AT I struggle to find games that look good, this I might pick up though.

Anyone play the Mobile Game? It's one of the best Mobile games on the Market. Loads of characters but may be hard(er) to get into to it now.

Recently an Injustice version Samsung Galaxy 7 was released, looks fantastic with Batman styling and special features. Only available in the South of the world- Asia, Korea etc. Not yet UK or USA!.
    *I'm highly tempted if it arrives here.:
    http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/events/injustice/

Scratch that, the link says something about a date in 3 days. Maybe that's the announcement for the UK and the USA. Fingers Crossed!

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well it wouldn't be a DC fighting game without Batman and Superman. I have the mobile game on my phone. Have only played it once in awhile just to get the exclusive character skins.

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I suppose it wouldn't.
    Do you mean the challenge characters? Or the console unlocks?

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The console unlocks (regarding character skins from the mobile game).

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This is my most anticipated game of 2017. Can't wait. Really want to see Martian Manhunter back

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

When I bought the original game for my PS3, it was the standard edition version, without any of the DLC skins and characters. But it included a voucher for some skins and all of the DLC characters except for Martian Manhunter. I didn't bother getting him because I figured I wouldn't be using him that much anyway. Recently though the Ultimate Edition was available for under $10 on PSN for the PS4, so I bought it and sold my copy of the original on eBay.

Supergirl excites me for sure!

darth-sinister likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    MMH is my favorite superhero so he was a must buy to me :D

I was extremely pleased with his gameplay!

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think the headline of that E3 trailer has to be the inclusion of...

[​IMG]

DEX-STARR. The napalm vomiting blue cat who is a good kitty.

15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Maybe they'll include Krypto.

[​IMG]

16. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Did you ever see the cartoon?

When I was little I always thought it was a joke then I grew up and realised that it was actually a serious thing!

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Which cartoon are you referring to? The Superman cartoon of the 90s?

18. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    It was called Krypto the Superdog.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Oh I think that was around in either the late 70s or during the 80s.

20. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    No it was around when I was growing up and the animation was of a good standard. You can normally tell the year by the animation like in the early Scooby Doo episodes.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I just looked it up to see that it aired in the mid 2000s. That was really past the years when I'd watch the DC superheroes animated series. I was hooked on Batman: Animated and Superman: Animated. I didn't watch the newer Justice League series; although from what I understand the same animation and voice actors were carried over.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Krypto was in the short-lived, yet fun DC MOBA "Infinite Crisis." Was not well balanced, but I appreciated his inclusion.

I'd love to see him incorporated, maybe even battle with Dex-Starr in the background in a Superman vs Atrocitus matchup.

darth-sinister likes this.
  23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

I'm more than familiar with Krypto and the character can be quite serious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
  25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    So you're judging based on a cartoon aimed at kids under the age of eight? I'm out.

[​IMG]