main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Injustice: Gods Among Us

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ezio Skywalker, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I believe this comes out tomorrow. Anyone preorder? I forgot all about it :(

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    If I didn't still have Tomb Raider and BioShock Infinite waiting to be finished, I'd be all over it.

3. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I think I might get it today. Still, I'm kicking myself for missing the pre order bonuses.

4. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Seems like a fun game, even if it is a mess of a story, but that's not why we play fighting games anyways :p

5. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Couldn't help myself, bought it today. Did some tutorials and a couple fights against the computer. If you liked Mortal Kombat (2011), you'll feel right at home with Injustice. Can't wait to start the story mode.

6. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I got it on release day (apparently my post didn't actually post [face_monkey]). So far I've only played through the first chapter in story mode as Batman. It is a joy having the original cartoon cast doing the voices, despite the glaring absence of Mark Hamill's Joker.

Anyway, first impressions:

- I dig the real-world/movie-like look of the costumes. However, Batman's armor looks too mismatched. Parts of the armor are grayish whereas others are black. It looks very piecemeal and not as polished as you'd expect from Batman. This isn't a graphical error, mind you. It's an obvious design maneuver that I just don't agree with.

-The fighting is indeed in sync with the last Mortal Kombat title. However, how the FRAK do you BLOCK? There doesn't appear to be a dedicated block button (at least not one that I can decipher), which is in itself a glaring departure from typical Mortal Kombat gaming mechanics. I haven't lost a match yet, but I have lost rounds due to my fingers automatically hitting the previous game's block buttons to defend against attacks.

-Batman's super move involving the Batmobile is pure awesomeness (plus, I love the Keaton Batmobile). However, it doesn't quite make sense in the story mode, seeing as how Batman wouldn't have access to the Batmobile in certain parts of the story. But I know, I know...fighting game.

So far, I really like it. I had a blast with MK vs. DC, and I expect that this title will deliver as much if not more enjoyment.

Also, I got it from Target and my copy came with a free download of the JL animated movie Doom...which I'd already seen on Netflix. =/

7. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Move backwards.

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just picked this up today, and played for a few hours. DC fan, but don't play a ton of fight genre games, outside of MvC2 and 3.

Love it- played with the full hero roster, Green Lantern and Batman are really well done, my favorites to play with. Love the interactive environments- have not played the new MK, but that was something I had not seen in the past. Definitely worth the buy for me.

9. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Played the demo and enjoyed it. If I can, I will get it from Walmart, as it comes with a digital copy of MK V DC Universe, and while I played it before that was just a rental, and I think I'd like to have a copy in 'the collection'.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Both MK vs DC and Gods Among Us are great. MK vs DC was underrated imo. It was very fun and the over the top action with the cartoony story line was great.

Gods Among Us feels darker than MK vs DC. So far I've only played in the story mode, and it's very entertaining. The only thing that throws me off is that all the characters are voiced by their cartoon counterparts except for the Joker, whose voice actor is trying to emulate Mark Hamill but just can't quite get it.

11. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Can't figure out how to use the interactive arenas to launch the fight into a different setting

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I can't either. I've been launched, but have not been able to launch.

Really like the elevator one at the Batcave.

13. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Corner your opponent at the far left or far right of the stage (some levels don't have transitions). Hold back (away from your opponent), press A/X, and if it hits, it'll launch your opponent into the next level.

heels1785 and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  14. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    My friend game by yesterday, an avid MK fan and expert (I say "expert" because this guy goes on a two dozen winning streak on Xbox Live before he gets tired of winning and quits) and we played Injustice together. It was his first time playing and, without referring to the Moves List at all, he slapped me around like I was his female dog. [face_plain]

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Fixed that for you. :p

Reynar_Tedros and Ezio Skywalker like this.
  16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Just finished the story mode. I enjoyed it. It kept me interested and entertained, like an episode of the Justice League cartoon. The ending, however, was very lackluster and kind of reminiscent of the first X-Men movie's ending.

As far as fighting game story mode's go, it's pretty good but falls short when compared against 2011's Mortal Kombat story mode. That game had a very good story mode for a fighter. Probably the most ambitious story mode any fighter game has ever featured. This comes close, as you can see the ambition, but it falls short come the end.

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the easiest way to say this would be back them into a corner (if it has a transition), hit away+hard attack. i can't figure out if you have to hold it for a certain amount of time, or the exact spacing, but that's the button combo.

so, got this recently, already beat the story mode, and it does make sense as to how it would happen. really enjoyed it, and the voice acting. even the jokers. while not hamil, was not bad. it was just different.

overall, i really enjoy it, and in some ways it's reminiscent of soul caliber in the way it fights, at least the limited number of buttons. i DO wish that there were more combos and so forth. compared to soul caliber it just feels really limited in some ways. but that's really a minor quibble honestly.

probably one of the two best stories in a fighting game really. this or MK9 would probably be them.