main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Injustice Series (IJ: Gods Among Us and IJ 2)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

If it's between that cartoon about Superman's dog and the Batman V. Superman movie, I'd choose the cartoon.

lookameatbag and Darthmaul208 like this.
  2. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm not judging anything. I was just posting what I saw as child and how different it was to the violent version above.

If I remember correctly there were all kinds of cameos from other heroes and villains pets.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If it's in the background, that's one thing. Maybe a special power that Superman could call for assistance would be Krypto. But it would be too ridiculous/silly for the dog to be its own individual character. Injustice is modeled from the Mortal Kombat series; not Tekken, which features bears, kangaroos, and wooden block figures as real fighters.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    New trailer for upcoming sequel. Harley's really my primary go-to character in the game, and I'm glad she's returning with a new look and moves.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Deadshot!? Wow.

I hope he is not replacing Deathstroke - who is my primary go-to character.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not sure about that. I've seen some people suggesting as such in the comments.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    A couple of reveals in a new trailer, with the complete character list coming on January 24th.

First, the big bad of this new story is:

[​IMG]

Braniac, looking to take advantage of the chaos created in the first storyline.

Also playable, and the pre-order bonus is:

[​IMG]

Here's the new trailer..

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I can't wait for this game! It will be the first new XBox game I've purchased since January 2016!

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I definitely want to play Injustice: Gods Among Us at some point, even though I am not much of a fighting game fan.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm a casual fighting game fan; in that while I own several of the most popular fighting games but don't consider myself hardcore. I like Injustice in that it's got a pretty good story mode and quite an innovative cast of characters. I'm a Harley fan myself. I not going to buy the sequel game right away; but eventually I'll get a used copy when the price goes down significantly. I'm hoping they come out with a demo.

11. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed, watching the story mode on YouTube definitely got my attention.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You can also read the story told in comics format. "Injustice: Year One" and all the way through "Year Five".

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The CG cutscenes are better. Love the interaction between Joker and "Harleen"

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    11 days until release. First DLC pack details were released today, bringing the roster to 35 known characters at this point. They are:

Base game (standard edition):
    Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Hal Jordan
    Flash (Barry Allen)
    Firestorm
    Cyborg
    Dr. Fate
    Supergirl
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Robin (Damian Wayne)
    Aquaman
    Blue Beetle
    Swamp Thing
    Atrocitus
    Joker
    Scarecrow
    Catwoman
    Bane
    Grodd
    Deadshot
    Harley Quinn
    Poison Ivy
    Braniac
    Cheetah
    Captain Cold

Pre-Order:
    Darkseid

Deluxe/Ultimate Edition:
    Power Girl (skin for Supergirl w/new voice and moveset)

Ultimate Edition:
    Reverse Flash (skin for Flash, same as PG)
    John Stewart (skin for Hal Jordan, same as PG)

DLC 1:
    Starfire
    Red Hood
    Sub-Zero

*breathes*

Anyone getting, and/or know who they want to learn first? Some good YouTube tutorials popping up here and there.

I think I'll start with Supergirl, Blue Beetle, and Darkseid. I liked Deathstroke and Batgirl the most in Injustice 1, am disappointed that neither is announced to return, especially Deathstroke. Everything I've seen about the game looks quite good, though - price point aside. :p

15. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014

I'd rather have Spawn over Sub-Zero. Unless we have a guest character who happens to be a super hero, I don't see the need of a Mortal Kombat character.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I agree. They're teasing a second MK character, but I sincerely hope that it's misdirection. Scorpion never fit in the first game, and while I like SZ more, he won't fit in this one.

lookameatbag likes this.
  17. Scotticus

Scotticus Jedi Padawan

May 13, 2017
    I hope they really keep out the Mortal Kombat characters out of Injustice 2. I feel like they are force feeding us and reminding us they made Mortal Kombat. I want all DC characters for DLC.

lookameatbag likes this.
  18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Launch trailer!

Will be playing the Playstation version tomorrow, and then XBox soon after, for anyone getting it. I think I talked Darkslayer into it. :p

Planning my mains to be Kara and either Firestorm or Black Adam. Will try out Starfire when that DLC releases.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Eventually. I don't want to drop 60 bucks right now.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just wanna complain about replacing Harley's voice from the original. The voice from the original was more in line with how I remember her from the animated series of the 90s. While I like the new Harley's intro, super move, and dynamite finale, the voice just seems off to me.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Critic scores are coming in very strong. 88 average on Metacritic, 9/10 from Gamespot and Game Informer.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I don't get it. Power Girl is merely just a skin for Supergirl? They're two completely different characters; and you'd think they should have different moves.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    They did it with a few characters - Captain Cold/Mr. Freeze, Barry/Reverse Flash/Garrick, Vixen/Cheetah, and Cyborg/Grid.

Called "premier skins," and characters have some variances, but are same base model.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I remember in the original game there were different versions of Green Lantern; including the one with the African American; but they were all the same moves. They even had the same intros and other cut scenes.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep - John Stewart is available as a skin for Hal this go-round, too. They have the same moves and animations, as well.

I just spent about 2 hours working with Supergirl, and getting her leveled up a bit. She's fantastic. I got over my no-Deathstroke depression pretty quickly.