Injustifiably Irrational Icons

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthLowBudget, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    So its recently come to my attention that there is a wholly egregious number of sports and non-SW-film themed icons on the board. I find this particularly bothersome considering that users aren't allowed to upload custom icons, because this basically means that, when you really think about it, a certain subset of users is allowed a sort of custom icons, while the vast majority of users are not.

Furthermore, it seems a large number of these icons are not actually in active use and are needlessly wasting server space! Could indexing these unused icons possibly be the reason the move is taking so long? Inquiring minds demand justice!

1. Question Answered.
    2. Any further discussion can go in the icons thread.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    The icons themselves sit on the TFN image server, not the IGN server, so they aren't part of the move.
  3. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
  4. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Hi, DarthLowBudget, I'm Nat, the icons manager. If you ever have any questions about icons, please feel free to PM me or post in the Icons Thread. We always welcome input, and even if you don't have any interest in making icons, you can stop by the icons thread at any time and check out what's going on.

As to your question: Yes, we do have a few non Star Wars icons on the JC. I wouldn't say we have an "egregious" number, though: 25 for a major upcoming SFF movie release and 15 total for big sports playoffs (across 3 sports). Forty icons isn't a big deal (especially considering that there were about 1500 for Halloween). All of these are limited-time icons, just like the holiday icons. As we have several non-Star Wars forums now, it seems appropriate to allow at least temporary icons for them.

Reasonable requests for specific icons (that follow the guidelines) are rarely not voted through; anyone who wants an icon is free to ask for it. The icon makers are always happy to oblige.

Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.