main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL - CHECK IN HERE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 2, 2004.

1. hanchewie74

hanchewie74 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2010
    Welcome John Michael. Mine name is Sandy. Sorry the boards have been kind of silent lately. Guess with everyone's busy ness, there hasn't been a lot on the boards. I know for me, I am not on as much as I want because my 2 girls are always on the internet for a lot of things, so I don't get on very often. I am not a very tech person, so a lot on the internet is very hard for me to understand. So wonderful to hear from you. Hope you come back again.

2. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Hi John! Welcome to the IEFF!!!
    We are always happy to "see new faces". :D
    I know my husband and I have been pretty busy and I have been very bad and not been checking the boards in a while. [face_blush] I'll fix that so I don't get excommunicated. haha
    Hope you can join us at our next event, which will probably be seeing Tron at the Edwards 22 in Ontario Mills.

Cheers!
    Nikol

3. John-Michael

John-Michael Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2010
    Hi Sandy!

Hi Nikol (and Nikol's husband)!

4. ewokfilmmaker87

ewokfilmmaker87 Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2011
    hey i'm mike, i'm 23 , and i live in alta loma. I just heard about this group after attending the free comic book day at four color comics in rancho. I've ben a fan of star wars since I was 15 years old. I've always been interested in joining a fan group and am excited to be a part of this. Other then star wars I am obsessed with movies in general, and i am currently working at a video store part time and making movies. Other then that i am drawing a blank lol, hope to hear from you guys and am looking forward to seeing you guys soon....mike

5. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    :) Welcome to the group Mike! You're in for a real treat as we do tons of really cool stuff here. Make sure to check the boards often as things are always updating and we don't want you to miss out! :)

6. Mithrawnarudo_K

Mithrawnarudo_K Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2009
    Name: Kirk

SW related interests: I enjoy reading the SW books, and occasionally collecting action figures related to SW. Favorite film: TESB.

Non-related SW interests: Drawing, photography, comic books, Inland Sci-fi book group, going to movies, eating Dickey's Barbecue, tutoring in art, Angels fan.

How did I get started with SW? I was hooked from day one. I was a young boy when Star Wars first came to theaters. I remember following Summer into the early Fall, my parents got me an X-wing fighter with a Luke Sky Walker action figure and R2-D2. I still have them. They are well played, but sentimentally very valuable. I guess you could say that Star Wars is to me, like the T.A.R.D.I.S. is to the Doctor.--another favorite.

7. feltak

feltak Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    Welcom Kirk!

8. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Welcome! We hope to see you soon at one of our many events we've got planned. Make sure to check the boards often so not to miss out on any of the festivities!:D

9. Art_deWhill

Art_deWhill Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2010
    name: Stefan

SW-related interest: doing fan art, collecting art of... books, interested in all visual aspects of the movies and TCW

other: painting, art ;)

Well, to be honest I am not really active here at the Council and first wanted to join you over at facebook - my prefered community, but the link on your website was acting funny ;)
    I got notice of your group via Stephen Stanton and though I am not living in an area nearby I support groups around the globe celebrating Star Wars and doing charity work.

I am a fan of SE since I saw A New Hope back in feb. 1978 but focused on other stuff including fine arts after ROTJ... than TCW showed up, my son became a SW fan and all the fire came back to me and my art. So I switched to fan arts again and since then did work for a lot of clubs and groups. You are all welcome to join me at my facebook page www.facebook.com/boettcherART and stay in touch :) if you have any questions, just ask them ;) MTFBWY

10. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Wow! Welcome to our group :)

I'll look at the link you mentioned, thanks for that.

11. Art_deWhill

Jan 2, 2010
    hey, thanks a lot for your warm welcome :)

12. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Hi Kirk and welcome, it's me Jennifer. Welcome to the group and see you Saturday.

Welcome Stephan from a galaxy far, far away!!!

13. Art_deWhill

Jan 2, 2010
    thanks a lot for your welcome, Jendi :)

14. wookiee_punk

wookiee_punk Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2011
  15. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Hey bud the last couple of days have been kind of busy but I'm usually on or on facebook lol did you go to the star wars day in RC on Saturday?

16. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    Name: Fher

SW related interests: I have been collecting since 1998, mostly action figures. Read some of the EU and currently into the Star Wars comics.

I saw ESB when I was 5 years old in the theater when it first came out. I was too young to really understand it but the image of the AT-AT's were forever imprinted in my mind. I also got my first action figure that year (it was Darth Vader). In 1983 I saw ROTJ at the theater and the theater was also showing ANH and ESB, so I saw them all. At the time ROTJ was my favorite. I was fascinated with Jabba especially when he ate the frog. The ewoks were funny and fun to watch (hey, I was 8). I had 7 action figures and a Y-wing and I always wanted the entire collection. Fast-forward 15 years, I was finally making some money, so I decided to fulfill my childhood desire.

The special editions were a great experience. I liked the fixes. Certain changes and additions did feel weird but mostly because I was so used to watching them in their original form. My main dislike was the new Jedi rock act. It didn't feel like SW at all, it still doesn't. I got used to the other changes except that one. Han shooting first...well I didn't mind Greedo shooting first. But I didn't like the way it looked. It was like a bad editing job.

The prequels got me very excited. I remained 100% spoiler free for TPM. I liked it. Not my favorite, but it felt like SW to me. Very close to ROTJ in my opinion. AOTC is the only one that feels odd. It doesn't quite feel like SW. I think is the score or lack of one. ROTS is great very close to ESB in tone.

I don't have friends who are into SW, so I want to find people close to home to talk to.

17. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007

hi how are you? you can also find us on facebook the inland empire fanforce.. do you go to cons also?

18. venepe

venepe Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2004
    I have been to a few. I already got my passes for Anaheim, very exited.
    Is Facebook now the proper way to become a member? I really want to get involved.

19. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    we use both. glad you want to join the person you need to contact is mike parker he is on facebook send a direct nessage and he will give you all the info. hope to hear from you soon..

20. Ink.Knight

Ink.Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    Name: Sara
    SW Related Interests: Books/Expanded Universe (I will never ever ever call them Legends), fanfiction
    Non-SW Related Interests: Waaay too many tv shows, top of the list are currently The 100 and Person of Interest, plus my never-ending devotion to the first three seasons of Warehouse 13. Also just media and how it affects and is affected by culture, I find that pretty fascinating.
    How did you get started on SW: I was 12 and sitting in my 7th grade homeroom class, having already finished the book I brought for silent reading time earlier that day. And the Star Wars logo caught my eye from my teacher's bookshelf right next to me. It was the Young Jedi Knights series. I read through them voraciously and actually developed a bit of a crush on Jacen, despite later realizing that I'm asexual and much prefer the company of ladies. Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka Djo were my first ever OTP, and the original of these boards was my first real introduction to fandom, before I discovered tumblr and fell ever deeper down the femslash rabbit hole.