main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL - CHECK IN HERE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 2, 2004.

1. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Name: JOHNNY
    SW Related Interests: MOVIES THEATER OR DVD, COLLECTING LIMITED EDITIONS/HASBRO STUFF, EXCLUSIVES, RELATED EVENTS/SCREENINGS/SIGNINGS, CONVENTIONS, MUSIC FROM THE SAGA, J WILLIAMS FAN.
    Non-SW Related Interests: LAS VEGAS, DISNELAND, NBA/L.A. LAKERS DIEHARD FAN, HOLLYWOOD, BEACHES, MOVIES, RESTAURANT DINING, LOVE CLUBBING/DANCING (not too good), PARTIES, PARTIES AND MORE PARTIES!!!!
    How did you get started on SW: SINCE 77 WHEN MY DAD TOOK ME TO THE MOVIES, THEN CAME THE FIGURES AND BOOKS, AND CONTINUED EVER SINCE.

2. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    welcome johnny.

3. jdijade

jdijade Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2005
    Welcome! How soon will you be landing in Riverside?

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome back, Johnny! :)

5. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
  6. Drgnfyre4

Drgnfyre4 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Hi all,
    My name is Mike Logan Schiffbauer. I am 34 years old, I live in Redlands Ca. I am employed as an Actor and profesional prop/costume maker. I have many years of experience in the film/television industry, both in front of and behind the camera. My work has been featured on G4 tech TV and on VH1 where I did an extended interview for "When Star Wars Ruled the World" I was contacted for that interview and convinced the producers to go to SD Comicon where they were able to get additional interviews with some of the original Star Wars cast that they were missing. I first became interested in Star Wars when it debuted back in '77. Right from the beginning I started collecting everything and anything Star Wars. I took things up a notch or six when I began costuming and helped found Hi-Impact Costuming, an award winning costuming group n Northern California. We were to become the third KNOWN group to make Stormtrooper armor (yes,MAKE...not BUY)The first group to make such armor ended up becoming my employers in the film industry later whose armor would be duped by Sharper Image and then several other infamous bootleggers who shall remain nameless. My costume list for Star Wars thus far is as follows: Lord Vader, Stormtrooper(desert), TIE Pilot, Snowtrooper, Biker Scout, X Wing Pilot, Jedi Knight, Boba Fett. All of my suits were made by myself and some feature certain parts that are cast off of original props or costume parts. My suits have even been made for and used for official Lucasfilm walkaround events LONG before the creation of the 501st of which I was a member when there were only a handful of people who owned suits. I currently own my own business Dragonfyredesigns.org making props/costumes for the industry as well as for private commission.
    My other interests outside of Star Wars include wieght training, Martial Arts (belts in Tae Kwon Do, Kenpo Ju Jitsu, Ishin Ryu Karate, and Judo combat style not olympic sport style)I am also an experienced classical graphic designer and have had my work used for everything from shirt designs to wardrobe designs for television shows.A personal pet project is the restoration and customizing of my Pontiac Firebird Trans Am which will be transformed into a replica of KITT from Knight Rider. If I can think of anything else to add I will edit later.

7. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Welcome, glad you you finally posted and intro. Your pet project sounds fun :) See you all on SUnday.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Howdy Mike! :)

9. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Welcome, stranger! (LOL)

10. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Howdy ho mike!

11. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Thanks you for the welcome everyone. I am looking forward to seeing what new and interesting things I can learn and enjoy from this diverse group.

12. Maulested

Maulested Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    My name is Lisa and I was forced into exile from Hollywood... into... the 909... Rancho Cucamonga... <Vader-like death grip results from smog inhalation and suburban brainwashing> Okay, it's not that bad. ; )

I graduated UCLA in 2004 with an American Lit. major, Musicology minor and audio engineering certification which means that that I'm always thinking archetypes whenever I watch Star Wars, can play the solo from "Luke and Lei's Theme" on my French horn, and I'm always making light saber noises during sound checks and... unemployed! In my infinite spare time I love to sew and am currently taking classes to improve upon my skills. I love to make costumes, my favorites being my Darth Maul regalia, Seras Victoria (from Hellsing for the Anime Expo) outfit, and my Renaissance Faire clothes. And it was at the Renaissance Faire that I learned how to fence with shinis! Very fun. I like to work out. Someday I will learn real martial arts, but until then it's Taebo in the living room. I love to race my rally car, a 1982 Toyota Corolla named Anakin at local events. I often take him to 'Tattooine' (your local dry lake bed) to practice driving fast and sideways. I am a total nerd, with 5 cats and a penchant for the Dark Side. Before I went to college, I had a quite sizeable Star Wars collection, but when there's three people living in a 10'X 12' dorm, there's no room for a lifesize cut out of Darth Maul. : )

I'm going to go to the next meeting. I'm looking foward to meeting you all. Having lived in Hollywood for 4 years, I don't know many people out here any more. : (

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome, Lisa!! :)

14. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
  15. jdijade

May 23, 2005
    Welcome, Lisa! Make yourself at home here!

Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting.

16. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Welcome Lisa! Its good to see another Hollywood exile out this way. It gets tiresome feeling like the only one having to explain how I ended up out here in what some would call "the @ss end of space" after Hollywood. Definetly do come to the meeting and I am sure we will have a lot in common to talk about.

17. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    Well, I guess this is where I check in if I'm going to join the fun!

Name: Will

SW Related Interests: Jedi, Lightsabers, X-wings, SWG, and Fan Films, not to mention working on building my own ligthsaber

Non-SW Related Interests: Martial Arts, Video Games, Programming, Game Development, Special Effects, making lightsaber clips using Photoshop and Premiere... Harry Potter, LOTR, Funny Stuff, Japanese Culture, and Anime.

How did you get started on SW: Well I have been into Star Wars as long as I can remember. I recall watching all 3 movies in a row endlessly when I was a kid, until my Mom hid them for a few months. She thought it was bad enough that I could recite the whole trilogy, but when she could do it she drew the line. I'm told I saw Empire in theatres though I was too young to remember, but I do recall seeing Return of the Jedi in theatres, just not quite old enough to remember the original title lol.

Well, hope to see you all at some of these events! Oh, and Mike, funny meeting you here! LOL. We just need to get Brian to join eh?

18. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    Welcome Wil. I hope you enjoy it here.

19. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Howdy Will! glad to meet you and i hope you enjoy it here

20. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Greetings to a fellow Rancho Cucamongian!

Welcome to the group!

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome Will

22. Drgnfyre4

May 25, 2005
    Greetings Will!
    Glad to see you make it here and yes wwe should get Brian to join up as well once his move is all settled. I think we can expect to see good things from Will as he is putting together his own Jedi outfit right Will?

23. forceaficionado

forceaficionado Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    Hello. My name is Frank. I am a 30 year old Star Wars Fan living in beautiful Rancho Cucamonga. In 1977 I was 3 and after I saw Darth Vader make his first apperance on the Tantivy IV I was forever one with the force. If it says Star Wars I collect it, read it, play it, or watch it. I recently purchased the Darth Vader Force FX light saber at Comic-Con 05 in San Diego. I have a few other sabers and I am currently trying to put together a Jedi and a Sith Lord outfit. I am interested in joining this group to meet and talk to fellow fans like myself. In addition to Star Wars some of the other things I like are seeing movies, bowling, Reading Sci-Fi Fantasy & murder mysteries, and White Water rafting.

Well that is me for now. I hope to get to know many of you and you me as we talk later. Until then remember the words of Master Yoda "Duct Tape is like the Force. It is has a darkside and a lightside and it binds the galaxy together." ;)

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome, another Rancho Cucamongian joins the dark side!

25. Renegade_Films

Renegade_Films Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2005
    Name's Tyler

I'm umm [face_worried] ...13 years old (though quite mature)

I am from Chino Hills

And I Love Star Wars! (duh...)

I have always loved the movies, but I have just become an aspiring collector, kicking my collection off with the "Special Edition 500th Figure: Darth Vader". I am also starting on a Plo Koon Costume, and maybe an Imperial Pilot. (it'll fit, I'm not a squirt or anything)

THX and MTFBWY!