main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA INLAND EMPIRE FF MEMBERS - ROLL CALL - CHECK IN HERE

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 2, 2004.

1. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    well, there's several that I know of. There is definitely a lot more going on there...they have regular meetings and outings. I've only been here since Sept., it looks like this group was more active before then. Not sure what happened....

2. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i guess they don't like us

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Welcome Newcomers!

4. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
  5. Darkliner2

Darkliner2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2004
    Hello there I'd like to introduce myself to everyone my name is mark and I'm 20 livin in rancho and have been wanting to become involved for quite some time now only a recent job change has given me the tim e I hope to meet you all soon

6. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005

Welcome, Mark! We're all rather new here and we're trying to get this group up and running. We're having a meeting in a couple of weeks at Ontario Mills that you're welcome to come to. Most of us will be meeting for the first time. Take a look at the thread for place and time. Once again, welcome!!

7. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
  8. TK-602

TK-602 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    I cant believe I never posted here, well here goes.

Name: Glen
    Marrital status: Serving a life sentence
    SW related interests: 501st Southern CA Garrison\ collecting ANYTHING Imperial\ costuming and my mouse droid.
    Non SW interests: It there such a thing??? You mean there more life has to offer? ; )
    How did I get started. Hmmm. Along time ago... In Rialto. My Dad wanted to drag my brother and I to see some lame Sci-fi movie call star wars or something. neither one of us cared for Sci-fi. our thing was Godzilla, Shogun Warriors, Micronaughts and Six Million Dollar Man. (Yeah I know, I was six, okay.) We wanted to go see "Orca, the killer whale" which opened that same weekend. He won the argument but we were not going to enjoy it. We were wrong. My brother has recently from disapointment from the EP1 and 2, since lost interest. Me, well I'm a 35 soon to be 36 year old who attends conventions, charity events, and several 501st events in armor both TK and TB. (If you dont know, boy your in the wrong place.)

Glen B
    TK\TD\TB-602
    SCG

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome!! Always good to see a new member.

Please PM me your e-mail to be added to our member e-mail list.

10. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
  11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Glen!

Ooooh, mouse droid! When I actually get the time, I want to build one. I never had an RC car as a kid, so this is making up for it. :p

12. Darkliner2

Dec 9, 2004
    greetings glen please proceed to section 38 sub section 11 to complete your indocterneration training.

13. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    what happened to glen???

14. Darkliner2

Dec 9, 2004
    I think he took a wrong turn and fell down a convently placed hole with it's bridge out.

15. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hello fellow IE fans! I'll try to make this short.

Name: Kari
    SW related interests: Reading, collecting, reading. I'd really like to get into costuming (would be great if I could get one together before Comic-Con!)
    Non-SW interests: Hanging with my Padawan (15 year old son), reading (what can I say? I'm a school librarian!) Raising labs.
    How'd I get started: Well, at the tender age of 13, I got dragged to see "that dumb boy movie" by a bunch of my cousins. It probably took less than 10 minutes for me to see the error of my ways! I came out of that theater a total convert and I've never looked back or regretted it! Mom did her best to raise a proper girly-girl that wasn't into things like Sci-Fi, but it just didn't take. I'm so thankful for that!

My son and I have attended the Comic-Con the past two years and already have our reservations for all 4 1/2 days in July. We're even lucky enough to have a friend that got me reservations and the Hilton right across the street. For those of you that attended last year. Do you remember the $5000 SW bedroom that 3Day Blinds was raffling off in the Lucas Film Pavillion? Well, a dream came true that weekend... I won it!! How cool is that!?!?!

I'd love to get together with some local fans and make some new friends! So, what's the next step?

(I was going to try to make this short... looks like I failed!)

16. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Hi, Kari- well you came to the right place! I live in Victorville with my almost 13 year old son and the next meeting is going to be at my house on June 6th. (You don't need to gasp about your age....I've got almost 5 years on you and everyone has been very kind and not called me old to my face [face_laugh] We also would love to make new friends up here. The meeting is on my sons 13th birthday... we don't know many people in the area so he is really looking forward to spending it with fellow Star Wars Fans. This is a great group that is just getting resurrected with all ages, but all very nice people. Welcome to our group. We're looking forward to meeting you and your son!!

jangosmom
    aka Debbie

17. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Welcome to the group! Feel free to join in the forums and of course we'd love to meet you at our next meetting!

Send me a PM of your e-mail addy and I'll add you to our member directory and the IEFF Mailing list.

18. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
  19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My son will officially turn 15 this Saturday. I'm the SW fanatic in the family, he's probably only slighty above your average fan.... but I forgive him and love him anyway!!!

I might have a schedule conflict for June 6th, but I'm going to try to rearrange things so I can attend your meeting. It sounds like fun!

20. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Hope you can make it to the meeting...if you're ever interested in chatting or meeting outside of the meetings feel free to pm me. What are your son's interests, if not SW?

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My son is into Magic, the Gathering. If you're not familliar with it, it's a roll playing card game. We're going up to Big Bear tomorrow so he and a friend can play in a Magic tournament at a shop there. (my dad lives up there, too). They're looking forward to all of the tournaments they'll get to play in at the Comic-Con. Of course, there's always Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy 10 for his PS2 and World of War Craft on the computer. How about your son? Besides SW, what does he like?

22. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    He's really into Halo, he plays Jedi Academy for the PC (on line game) almost everyday...he has a group of kids he's played with around the world for about 1 yr. He's a pc,video game kid through and through,but Halo is the only "M" game I let him play. He also is getting into Star Trek now. He likes all the Mario, Sonic the hedgehog, nintendo games like that. He's got all the pc and video games of Star Wars of course.Oh, he also likes Dragon Ballz. We've never been to comic con, we just went to our first sci-fi convention in March and now he's into collecting autographs. Ryan's not big on huge crowds, so not sure how he'll handle comic-con, but we've all been discussing going. We're also getting into costuming for charity. Trying to put the finishing touches on his tie-fighter costume. We want to go to hospitals and such. We did one event for Children's Miracle Network in Oct. and it was really cool. We discussed at the last meeting having an xbox get together so everyone can play. Hope your son likes to play some of these other games too. Darkliner's sisters who are 14 and 17 also play video games, and they're into Star Wars and Sci-fi too, so there are so kids in our group that are around your sons age.

23. Darkliner2

Dec 9, 2004
    sry as usual I'm the last to find out ow well welcome kari it's great to have new people.

oh JM tell ryan I bought my new modem and router but decided to have my house upgreded to a cable connection insted of a high speed DSL so it will be another week or so before I get my x box up and running. I hope he isn't too disapointed.

24. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Hey D2, (I like your abbreviation for my name, definitely easier and I'm following suit) I told Ryan, he says that's cool... the cable will work better for you anyway! Just let us know when you're up and running. I'll have to sign him up for xbox live again I guess;)

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey JM, Did you and your son go to the Star Trek Grand Slam in Pasadena or was it a different convention? We went to the Grand Slam about 6 or 7 years in a row. When we first started going, it was huge!! (that's where we learned about the Comic-Con) Each year it got smaller yet the ticket prices kept going up. This is the first year we didn't go in quite awhile. It doesn't seem to be worth the ticket price anymore. It was weird not going... I missed it!