main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - OT Inner struggle DDC 2016 Luke/Vader Updated 01/16/2016

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Falcon, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I was going to be home soon. I haven’t stepped foot on my home planet since I left three years ago. I was to bring the shuttle out of hyperspace in two hours from now. To be honest I was nervous about-facing Leia with the fact that Vader was on the shuttle with me. I felt a light tap on my shoulder causing me to look up at the nurse as she showed me a bowl.

“I thought you might be hungry,” the nurse said as I accepted the bowl. “I know you’re worried about your father, but he’s survived far worse.”

“Thank you,” I accepted the bowl with a weary smile and started to eat the delicious soup. “This is good, I guess I’m hungrier then I thought. We’ll be at our destination soon,” I quickly ate the soup and smiled in appreciation then handed the bowl back to her. “I didn’t catch your name?”

“It’s Tawana,” Tawana answered with a small smile. “Thank you for allowing us to come with you. Vader’s been kind to us, but I know he hasn’t been like that with everyone.”

“Maybe there’s a part of the man he used to be underneath all that darkness,” I glanced at Anakin as his head moved. He had been asleep for worst of the jump. I placed a hand on his forehead noting it was still hot, but not quite as bad as it was a few hours ago. It was nearing a hundred and five two hours ago. “Maybe his fever is finally breaking.”

“I’ll check his temperature in a minute, Brent did give him something to help keep the fever down,” the nurse promised as she headed back to the small heating unit in the back of the shuttle. She walked back with an instrument in her hand and held it up to Anakin’s ear. A beep sounded a few seconds later, she looked at the numbers. “It’s down, but not enough. By a couple of degrees, he’s been injected with two different infections within forty-eight hours of each other. If I didn’t know better, I suspect Palpatine is trying to kill him slowly.”

“Am I doing the right thing?” I questioned Tawana with uncertainty. “I really don’t know how Leia will react. Vader has a criminal sheet that’s a mile long. He’s done horrible things in his past. Leia and Vader have had a rocky past in the last three years,” I felt my nerves twist. “I’m terrified, I just found my father and I’m not ready to lose him.”

“We’re in a war, death on both sides is inevitable,” Tawana reminded me in a firm tone as she placed a fresh cloth on Anakin’s forehead. “I know you’re uncertain about what will happen. If Leia knew the truth about Palpatine’s grip over Vader, she may realize he’s much of a victim as the rest of us.”

Anakin’s eyes opened and they still looked blood shot, he was tired and this was taking its toll on him. “We’ll be there in less than two hours,” Anakin closed his eyes again as I grasped his hand.
    ----------------
    I sat down in the pilots chair as I prepared to bring the shuttle out of hyperspace. I reached up and pulled back on the lever as the lines disappeared back into pinpoints. I brought the shuttle down into the atmosphere. Luckily the hutts didn’t control the space around here allowing smugglers and pirates to come and go as they please. I homed in on the Falcon as Greg sat down in the co-pilots seat. “There’s the Falcon, that means Leia is here.”

“I’m curious, Anakin never wanted to come here again and yet…” Greg had confusion in his eyes as I smiled.

“Exactly a good place to bring him,” I answered with a small smile. “Palpatine will think we’ve gone anywhere but here,” I explained. “Anakin and I were both raised on this planet. The Empire has no presence here. It’s controlled by the Hutts.”

“That explains a lot,” Greg said as Obi-Wan’s dwelling came into view. “And who is that standing in front of the dwelling?” He questioned as I spotted Lando as Leia walked out of the dwelling drawing her blaster.

“Leia and Lando, they don’t know I’m coming yet,” I answered as I set the shuttle down. “It’s best if I went out first, they’re less likely to shoot me,” I put the engines on standby after touching down on the sand then I quickly stood up.

I unhooked my lightsaber and ran to the back of the shuttle. “Stay here until I’ve had a chance to talk to Leia.”

“Very well,” Brent answered as I walked to the back of the shuttle and hit the release to lower the ramp. I sensed Leia’s uncertainty as I walked down the ramp. I left my lightsaber unlit as I stepped onto the sand as Leia lowered her blaster.

Leia ran to me and wrapped her arms around me. “We need to talk. Everything has changed.”

“All right,” Leia answered as she glanced up the ramp as if to expect someone else to come down. I already requested for everyone to stay onboard. “On the shuttle?” She questioned as she eyed me with concern. “You look nervous, Luke. What’s wrong?”

“It’s better if I show you,” I answered as I felt my nerves inch up as I took her hand into mine and led her into the shuttle. I approached the hover bed Anakin was on as the nurse took his temperature and shook her head.

“It’s slowly coming down,” Tawana reported as Brent looked at me then turned his attention to Leia.

“Princess Leia,” Brent greeted with a smile. “It is good to see you again.”

“Brent,” Leia greeted as she looked down at Anakin then turned her attention to me. “This is why you wanted to speak with me?”

I nodded as Anakin looked up at her. His eyes were not quite as blood shot as they were earlier. “How is he?” I questioned Brent as he took a small breath.

“The fever is down to a hundred and one,” Brent answered with a frown. “It’s not quite as high as it was four hours ago. It will take time for his body to fight off both infections. I do expect a full recovery. I’m sorry I couldn’t stop Palpatine from injecting him again. Palpatine had his guards hold Tawana and I at blaster point and threatened to kill us if we helped him.”

“It’s not your fault,” I reassured Brent. “Do the best you can for him, that’s all I ask.”

“Of course Commander,” Brent agreed as he nodded to the nurse to leave. They backed up a few feet to give us some space as I reached for Anakin’s hand as he eyed Leia as if studying her facial features and then closed them again.

“Obi-Wan, I need to talk with you,” Anakin whispered as I placed my hand on his forehead. He didn’t feel quite as warm as he did a few hours ago.

Leia looked towards Brent and Tawana and gave a weary smile. “Bring him inside,” she glanced at me. “Don’t worry, Luke. I can understand a child wanting to do anything for a parent.”

“Thank you, Leia,” I felt my nervousness ease a bit as Brent and Tawana prepared to move him into the dwelling.

Greg walked into the living area and bowed to Leia. “Princess, thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” Leia answered back as she glanced at me again with questions in her eyes. “Luke, I would like to hear everything from you start to finish. You were right, he’s a human wreck.”

“Is that what you used to describe my condition to her?” I heard Anakin question quite loudly causing us to look at him as I felt guilt wash through me. I was hoping that would not get back to him. “I suppose it is true.”

“Sorry father,” I quickly apologized as I glanced at Leia. She sat down on the couch as she waited for an explanation from me. I explained everything to her, including Palpatine tormenting Anakin due to defying him. Even Vader didn’t escape Palpatine’s wrath. Leia looked horrified as I finished. She stood up and brought me into a hug.

“It takes a brave man to do what you did,” Leia whispered gently then broke away. “To see all past what your father has done, takes a heart of gold. I hope he recovers and if he agrees to tell us everything he knows. It will be a step in the right direction to end this war. I’ll see what I can do to get a pardon in exchange for information.”

“Thank you, Leia,” I gave a genuine relieved smile as she stood up and walked towards the ramp. I followed her down as Lando and Chewie walked forward. I patted Chewie on the arm as he barked and growled lightly.

“You said it, Chewie,” Lando agreed as I glanced at him. “Why did you bring him here? As soon as he gains his strength back, he’ll kill us all.”

“No he won’t,” I promised as I glanced at Chewie. “He’s defecting.”

“How can you possibly know that for sure?” Lando questioned as I closed my eyes. “What aren’t you telling us?”

I didn’t answer as I stepped into the dwelling to where Tawana walked out of one of the rooms. I stepped into the room where the hover bed was and took Anakin’s hand into mine. “Leia is going to see if she can get a pardon in exchange for information.”

Anakin turned his head to the side and looked up at me with a frown. “Human wreck huh?”

“I was trying to find a different word to use,” I explained as some amusement crossed Anakin’s eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s all right,” Anakin answered as he closed his eyes. “I love you,” he whispered as Obi-Wan appeared on the other side of Anakin’s bed.

“You’ve done well, Luke,” Obi-Wan said causing Anakin to throw him a questioning expression. “And I suspect I know what you want you to ask, Anakin.”

“Is Leia mine?” Anakin questioned as I turned my attention sharply to Obi-Wan waiting for an answer. “Is Leia my daughter?”

“Padme was pregnant with twins,” Obi-Wan answered as he looked at me with an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner. I did it for her protection. I’m sorry for the deception.”

“You were protecting my children due to what I did, I can’t hold that against you,” Anakin gave a grateful smile to Obi-Wan. “You are a true friend, Obi-Wan. I regret killing you. Can you forgive me?”

“Welcome back, Anakin. I forgave you a long time ago,” Obi-Wan answered with a gentle smile. “I was beginning to wonder what happened to the child I viewed as a brother and a son went. The road ahead of you to stop Palpatine has changed. Tread carefully.”

“I want you to view Luke and Leia as your grandchildren,” Anakin gave a small smile as Obi-Wan gave a knowing smile before he disappeared again. “And trying to kill Palpatine is going to be more difficult now. I should’ve killed him when I had the chance.”

“We’ll figure something out,” I reassured Anakin. “Did you want to tell Leia or not?”

“I should’ve seen it sooner, she has my sarcasm and temper. She looks like the ghost of Padme and her love of politics. She’ll bite my head off,” Anakin answered. “Not right away. The things I did to her are unspeakable,” he turned his head to the side and I saw guilt and regret in his eyes.

I felt the color drain from my cheeks as my mind switched back to the Hoth base where I kissed Leia. I suddenly had this urge to wash my mouth out. I can’t believe it. I kissed my sister in an inappropriate way.

“Luke, are you all right?” Anakin questioned as I glanced at him.

“I’m fine,” I lied through my teeth as I heard Obi-Wan chuckling in the back of my mind. “Nothing short of kissing Leia inappropriately at the Hoth base.”

“Any tongue involved?” Anakin questioned causing me to turn my attention to him. I saw amusement in his eyes. “It’s not your fault, you didn’t know. Did you enjoy kissing her?’

Humor, coming from him? I didn’t know he even had a sense of humor. “Maybe,” I answered honestly as I heard Anakin chuckling. “Good to know you find it humorous. I feel like washing my mouth out,” I heard more chuckling as I crossed my arms glowering at him. Which only caused Anakin to chuckle harder. Maybe one day I’ll find it as humorous as he did. That day wasn’t today. It was still too fresh in my mind.
    --------------------------------------
    earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Carlos Danger, EGKenobi, AzureAngel2, gaarastar58, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Tawana is competent and sympathetic. :)

Nice progress on recovering from the infections and hope a pardon can come through. That is a very fine outcome for an exchange of vital information.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Loved the final scene there. Warm and affirming and humorous. ;)

AzureAngel2 and Falcon like this.
  3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Even Vader didn’t escape Palpatine’s wraith.

Pretty sure that's not what you meant... wrath, not wraith. (Unless Anakin's been tortured by a wraith... then okay...)

And Obi-Wan officially has grandchildren!!!!! Heee!!!!!

Edit: Also, I must add, because the Hoth Kiss keeps coming up... Leia kissed HIM, not the other way around, even if Luke might not see it that way. The circumstances matter here, because Han was mouthing off and Leia did it to tick him off and startle him. Which she did, to make a point. (However, as Luke WAS fresh out of bacta and totally missed them yelling at eachother in the south passage and only heard about it in passing here, it leaves it open for what Luke might be missing in the interplay.) And... I feel better now. Hee.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    opps didn't realize there was a difference, fixed.

AzureAngel2 and DaenaBenjen42 like this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Anaking together with his children and with Obi-Wan

6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I felt the color drain from my cheeks as my mind switched back to the Hoth base where I kissed Leia. I suddenly had this urge to wash my mouth out. I can’t believe it. I kissed my sister in an inappropriate way.

“Luke, are you all right?” Anakin questioned as I glanced at him.

“I’m fine,” I lied through my teeth as I heard Obi-Wan chuckling in the back of my mind. “Nothing short of kissing Leia inappropriately at the Hoth base.”

“Any tongue involved?” Anakin questioned causing me to turn my attention to him. I saw amusement in his eyes. “It’s not your fault, you didn’t know. Did you enjoy kissing her?’

Humor, coming from him? I didn’t know he even had a sense of humor. “Maybe,” I answered honestly as I heard Anakin chuckling. “Good to know you find it humorous. I feel like washing my mouth out,” I heard more chuckling as I crossed my arms glowering at him. Which only caused Anakin to chuckle harder. Maybe one day I’ll find it as humorous as he did. That day wasn’t today. It was still too fresh in my mind.

You are so brilliant, Falcon! And you have a big sense of humour that you gave all your characters involved. You even shipped around THIS difficult subject in an elegant way that almost made me fall of my office chair. ^:)^

Falcon likes this.
  7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    “How is he?” Leia questioned as she walked in with a tray of food. “I thought you might be hungry, Luke. Tawana told me you barely ate since you left Coruscant.”

“I am hungry, thank you,” I answered as I accepted the tray. “He seems to be doing a little better, but it will take some time.”

“Good, I’m going to see if Fett’s been spotted yet,” Leia walked out of the room. I started to eat the soup and bread as Anakin turned his head away from me.

”Are you all right?” I questioned gently as Anakin nodded.

“The smell is getting to me a little,” Anakin answered honestly as I paused in eating. “Just eat, you need it.”

I stood up and headed out of the room. “I’ll go eat this in the kitchen then I’ll come back,” I explained as I walked out of the room and headed towards the kitchen. I sat down and continued to eat as Leia raised an eyebrow.

“Sorry, the smell was getting to him,” I explained with a heavy sigh. “It’s delicious. Thanks Leia,” she smiled in appreciation as I continued to eat. I looked up as Ahsoka Tano sat down at the table.

“Luke, did you want to hear some war stories about your father?” Ahsoka questioned with a small smile. “I was his padawan learner during the clone wars,” I nodded as her eyes took on a far away look. “The first time I met him was on the battle field shortly after the Council assigned him to me. It seems our personalities exploded around each other. I nick named him Sky Guy and he nick named me Snips.”

Leia sat down at the table listening to Ahsoka. Maybe this will help ease Leia in before she heard the truth about who her biological parents were. “We were surrounded by droids, and I pulled this wall down over Anakin taking out the droids. There was a hole in the wall he ducked down into. He was angry with me about it. I guess I could’ve hurt him but didn’t. We crashed more ships then I care to remember. Obi-Wan and Anakin chased Dooku into a Gundark nest. Dooku deliberately trapped them inside. By the time we dug them out there was toxic gas rising out of the ground and there was a gundark rushing towards them, if we didn’t arrive there when we did. They would’ve died. He denied that the situation was out of control.”

Ahsoka closed her eyes allowing a relaxed expression come across her features as if in caught in fond memories. “Vader and Anakin are like trying to compare night to day. You can’t compare the two. When I was in trouble being blamed for a crime I didn’t commit. Anakin went out of his way when no one else would to prove my innocence. Vader wouldn’t have done that. When he became Vader, the man he used to be and stand for was destroyed allowing Vader to inhabit the shell of Anakin Skywalker.”

“I don’t know what you said to him, Luke. Somehow you reached him. I don’t know what you said or did,” Ahsoka reached across the table taking my hand into hers. “You brought my former master back. Not even I could reach him like that. Your mother paid with her life attempting to bring him back before he got in too far. Most don’t return to the lightside once they’re consumed by the dark. Very few do. Your mother would be very proud of you.”

I smiled in appreciation as I held onto her hand. She patted my hand gently then stood up. “I’ll have to let Rex know. He’ll want to talk to Anakin as well. It’s a been a long time.”

“I heard Ahsoka,” Rex commented as he walked into the kitchen. “What are the doctors orders concerning his health?”

”No stress and plenty of rest. Palpatine whipped Anakin’s back for killing his spies aboard the Executer. Then he whipped him a second time for transferring credits into untraceable accounts,” Greg explained as he walked into the kitchen. “I got whipped too for siding with Vader after Palpatine thought I was going to spy for him. He deliberately infected Anakin with two different infections forty-eight hours apart from each other, a reminder not to cross Palpatine.”

“Anakin was awake I take it during all of this?” Rex questioned as he turned his attention to Greg.

“He was, that’s when we were able to convince Anakin it was in his best interest to just leave. I’ve had suspicions that Palpatine was tormenting Anakin without Anakin putting the pieces together, but the rest of us saw what was going on with him,” Greg explained with a serious expression. “I’ve been Anakin’s personal servant for years. He’s been good to me. Palpatine isn’t as good to his servants as Vader has been.”

Leia sighed as she glanced at Greg. “Are you, Tawana, and Brent prepared to help me get a pardon for Anakin in exchange for information?”

“We are your highness,” Greg answered with a relieved smile. “We’re prepared to tell you how Vader was treated while acting as Palpatine’s right hand man.”

“Thank you, all of you,” I glanced at Rex and Ahsoka wondering what was going through their minds about all this. It sounded like… “Rex, you knew my father during the Clone Wars, didn’t you?”

“You have your father’s eyes,” Rex pointed out. “I had a feeling you were the General’s son. As for your question, I served by your father’s side as his captain during the Clone Wars. Close to the end of the war, I had my chip removed before the order was executed. I left the military before the day the Jedi were destroyed.”

Ahsoka reached for Rex’s hand. “Those were some good times we had, weren’t they, Rex?”

“It sure was, Commander,” Rex agreed with a smile. “Can we talk to him or do you think it might be too much for him at the moment?”

“He’s resting at the moment,” I answered in a hesitant tone. “When he’s awake, I’ll ask him if he’s up for it.”

“Thank you, Luke,” Ahsoka gave an appreciative smile. “We appreciate it.”

“Who was your mother, Luke?” Rex questioned in curiosity. “Let me guess, Padme Amidala? I recognize some of her qualities in you. Plus Anakin and Padme always hung around each other and fought like a married couple.”

“It was Padme,” I answered honestly as Ahsoka and Rex’s attention was instantly diverted to Leia. Why do I suddenly have the feeling they’re putting the pieces together in their minds about Leia’s parents.

“Oh,” Rex muttered as he glanced at Ahsoka as she smirked. “I should’ve seen it sooner.”

“You said it, Rex,” Ahsoka agreed as she glanced at me with questions in her eyes.

I shook my head warningly. Leia didn’t know yet and we planned to tell her, but this didn’t seem like the right time to tell Leia about what Anakin was to her. Ahsokas’ eyes widened in surprise as she gestured to the living area. I stood up and followed her as Rex walked in behind us.

“I take it you haven’t told Leia yet?” Ahsoka questioned as she glanced at Rex with a worried expression. “I should’ve seen it sooner, she has a lot of her mother in her as well as her father’s quirks.”

“No we haven’t, I get the feeling Anakin doesn’t want to tell her,” I answered honestly. “He’s done so much to her in the past three years, I sensed a lot remorse and guilt come off him knowing he hurt Leia hurt him with the truth.”

“That’s not good, Anakin wouldn’t take to that news well,” Rex pointed out with a frown. “He’s sensitive to things like this. Vader wasn’t but Anakin was. It is like two different people, isn’t it?”

“Twisted version of yourself that consumes you,” I explained with a heavy sigh.

“You have to tell Leia,” Ahsoka pointed out with concern. “She deserves to know the truth. She knows she’s adopted but Bail never told her about her parents.”

“I know, just not looking forward to the black lash. Leia has Anakin’s temper,” I explained with a frown. “He’s afraid she’ll bite his head off. He may wait until after we get Han out of his current predicament. It’ll help soften the blow. It’s best if Anakin told Leia, instead of it coming from a stranger?”

“We’ll help ease her in with stories about Anakin during the Clone Wars. It might help her ease in a bit,” Ahsoka offered with a small smile.

“Thank you, I appreciate it,” I gave an appreciative smile as Ahsoka hugged me. I returned the hug as she took a step back.

“Sky Guy,” Ahsoka smirked. “Your father hated that nick name. I called him that to deliberately get underneath his skin.”

“In retaliation, your father called Ahsoka Snips,” Rex supplied with a small grin. “It did stick for a while. Ahsoka and Anakin made quite the master and padawan pair. It was double over time for trouble.”

“It was more Anakin’s doing then mine,” Ahsoka pointed out as Rex glowered at her. “Fine, we were both at fault. Happy?”

Rex smirked as I heard Anakin’s voice call out to me. “I’ll be right back,” I excused myself and stepped into Anakin’s room.

“Is that Rex and Ahsoka I hear?” Anakin questioned as I nodded. “I would like to speak to both of them.”

“They would like that,” I agreed as I walked back out. “Anakin is up to talking with both of you. Just don’t stress him out, please.”

“We promise not too,” Ahsoka promised as Rex nodded in agreement. They disappeared into Anakin’s room as Rex closed the door behind him. They needed this time with him and I knew it was best if I wasn’t in the room with them. They were long time friends torn apart by Anakin’s actions.
    ------------------------
    Nyota's Heart, DaenaBenjen42, earlybird-obi-wan, Carlos Danger, gaarastar58, AzureAngel2, Jedi_Lover, EGKenobi

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awww, wonderful reminiscences and forging of new friendships and reestablishing of former ones. :)

9. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    opps wrong story, my bad

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see the friendship again

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    :ahsoka: It is good to have allies like Ashoka & Rex. Leia might take the news very hard... :leia:

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    My head slipped off my hand as I heard a gagging sound. I sleepily blinked my eyes open a bit and turned my head to the side as I heard Ahsoka whisper something followed by more gagging. “Can you keep it down, I’m trying to sleep,” I mumbled under my breath.

“What?” Rex muttered quite loudly. “Is Luke out of his mind?”

“He’s more then half a asleep,” Ahsoka reminded Rex causing me to crack an eye open as it slowly sunk in that something was wrong. “Ignore him, Rex. He and the others have barely slept in the last couple of days. We got this, Luke. Go back to sleep.”

My mind finally caught up with me as I heard more gagging. “I’m sorry I’m such a burden, Ahsoka.”

“Shhhh, you have nothing to apologize for, Anakin,” Ahsoka whispered reassuringly. “It’s not your fault.”

I opened my eyes noting Rex was holding Anakin up as Ahsoka held a bowl for him. “What’s going on?” I questioned as I yawned. Brent, Tawana and I took turns staying with him incase he needed something. Exhaustion had caught up with the medic and the nurse. Leia and the others had offered to take shifts allowing us to get some much-needed rest. “I must’ve fallen asleep.”

“It’s okay, Luke, we got this,” Ahsoka reassured me. “Go back to sleep.”

“Is he throwing up?” I questioned as I looked at Anakin as he bent over the bowl followed by more gagging. “He wasn’t doing that the entire time until now,” I stood up and looked down at the bowl and felt relief. It looked like it was stomach acid and water. “Why is he throwing up?”

“I don’t know,” Ahsoka answered honestly as I glanced at the chrono. It was three in the morning local time. “If he doesn’t stop in the next few minutes, we will have to wake Brent. But you all need rest.”

I placed my hand against his forehead and pulled it back in shock, he felt warm again. “He’s burning up again,” I felt frustration well up in me. What did Palpatine infect Anakin with? I walked over to where the thermometer was and picked it up and turned it on. I stepped back to the bed and stuck it in his ear. A beep sounded as I looked at the number. “It’s back up to a hundred. If it goes any higher, we’ll have to wake Brent. I’ll get some water and a fresh cloth,” I offered as I stepped towards the door.

”Luke, can you get a glass of water too for your father?” Ahsoka questioned as she rubbed Anakin’s back. “Palpatine did a real number on you, didn’t he?” She questioned as she examined the welt marks.

“I will,” I answered as I walked to the kitchen and poured water into a bowl and a glass. I grabbed a clean cloth as I heard footsteps behind me.

“You should be asleep, Luke,” Leia said as I turned around as she eyed the bowl and cloth. “I thought his fever was broken?”

“It was until now,” I answered in frustration. “He’s throwing up,” I explained as I picked up the bowl and glass of water. “Ahsoka and Rex are helping him.”

“Here, let me get this. You should go back to sleep,” Leia whispered gently as she took the bowl and glass out of my hand. “It’s okay, we got this.”

“Why is he throwing up?” I questioned as concern washed over me.

“Brent told me it might happen, the second infection causes nausea and vomiting, that’s why the smell of the food was getting to him earlier,” Leia answered honestly. “Just before Brent went to bed, he said as long as there wasn’t any blood then he should be okay. He finally got the second infection identified and is treating Anakin accordingly now. He said there was a chance the fever would go back up because he wasn’t using the correct med. Go back to bed. We’ll look after Anakin for you. Don’t make me pull rank on you,” she warned with a serious expression.

“I’m worried, Leia,” I said as she placed a hand on my shoulder. “I suspect I won’t be able to sleep properly until he’s mostly better.”

“I understand, Luke but you need rest,” Leia gave my shoulder a gentle pat then headed towards the room Anakin was in. I followed her as she set the bowl and glass down on the table as she proceeded to place the cloth on Anakin’s forehead who was laying down again. It must’ve stopped. Rex wasn’t in the room as Ahsoka helped Anakin sit up.

“Here, rinse your mouth out, Ani. It should help,” Ahsoka spoke gently as she took the mask off his face and held the glass up to lips. “I know it maybe tempting, but don’t swallow.”

Ani? How many nicknames did my father have? I began to wonder. Rex and Ahsoka really cared for him. “Thanks Snips.”

“Just relax,” Ahsoka whispered as she helped him layback down, and then fitted the mask over his nose and mouth again. “What are the chances you were placed in the armor before healing?”

“I don’t know,” Anakin answered honestly. “Pretty high, but I spent most of that time sedated when they were fitting my arms and legs.”

“I know someone,” Ahsoka spoke gently as I sensed hope rush through Anakin. “He works with cases like yours. If you want, I could give him a call in the morning?”

I noticed Ahsoka was taking a cloth and dabbing Anakin’s eyes as I stepped in beside Leia and looked down. Anakin was crying as I grasped his hand. I glanced at Ahsoka who smiled wearily.

“I’ve known your father long enough to know what his answer is,” Ahsoka spoke as she continued to dry his tears. “His reaction tells me yes, he wants out of that armor. Not that I blame him. I’ll place a call to my friend in the morning.”

“Thank you,” Anakin whispered as Ahsoka grasped his free hand. “I appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome,” Ahsoka whispered gently as Rex reentered the room with the bowl Anakin had thrown up in. I suspect he was rinsing it out a few minutes ago. “Rex, he’s agreed to see Miron Preis,” she said as Rex smiled.

“He’s good,” Rex said with a smile. “He always puts the needs of others including his patients ahead of his own. It’s a quality I like about the man, you’ll like him, Anakin.”

“Sounds like it,” Anakin agreed as he looked up at Leia as guilt and remorse crossed his features. “I’m sorry for the things I did to you, Leia. You didn’t deserve any of it. I hurt you in the worst possible way. What I allowed Tarkin to do to you and your people is unforgivable. I hope over time, you can forgive me.”

I knew Anakin’s guilt was playing on him as Leia placed a cloth on his forehead. She smiled wearily as she took his hand into her own. “In time, I’m sure I will. You need to rest.”

Anakin smiled warmly before closing his eyes as I wrapped an arm around Leia’s shoulders. She leaned into me as I held my sister. I wondered if Leia really could forgive our father over time if she knew the truth. Time will only tell. I suspect it was better to tell her soon. I wanted Leia to hear the words from Anakin directly and not from anyone else.
    -----------------------------
    AzureAngel2, DaenaBenjen42, Jedi_Lover, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, gaarastar58, Carlos Danger, EGKenobi

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Loved the concern and help Annakin is getting. @};- Wonderful plan and contact Ahsoka has in mind. @};- The best kind of physician you could ask for.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I like how they take care of Anakin. they are there to help him to heal

AzureAngel2, Falcon and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I wonder who will take the call to heal Anakin. A kind Jedi healer? Some kind of Doctor Gregory House person?

Falcon likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I slowly opened my eyes to sunlight streaming through the small window. I noticed it was hotter making me wonder if it was already late morning. I finally slept without having to worry about too much. Leia, Ahsoka, and Rex took care of Anakin last night allowing the rest of us to get some much-needed sleep. I was thankful but felt groggy like waking up from a sleeping drug. Leia didn’t. Or did she? Or I needed more sleep then I thought. I noticed Brent and Tawana were sitting at the table looking a little more refreshed then the night before.

“Look who finally decided to join us,” Rex teased causing me to roll my eyes. “Afternoon Luke.”

Afternoon? That caused me to pause as I glanced at the chrono noting it was two in the afternoon. “I guess I needed it, I feel like someone slipped a sleeping agent into my drink.”

“Don’t be mad with Ahsoka,” Rex said with a frown. “She wanted you to rest so she slipped you a little something into your water last night. Leia and Ahsoka are resting. It was still pretty rough after you went back to sleep.”

“That does explain the groggy feeling of waking up from a sleeping drug,” I said as I glanced at Brent with a frown. “How’s my father?”

“Finally on the mend,” Brent answered honestly. “He’s keeping liquids down and the smell of food isn’t bothering him anymore. He’s over the worst of it. It’s just a matter of regaining his strength back. The blood sample I took this morning shows the infections beginning to clear his system.”

“Thanks Brent, for everything you’re doing for him,” I turned my attention to Rex. “Rex, thank you for keeping an eye on him last night, I really appreciate what you, Ahsoka, and Leia did,” I sat down at the table with a grateful smile on my face.

“Anakin would’ve done the same for us when he’s in his right mind,” Rex explained with a frown. That explains why Rex and Ahsoka didn’t hesitate staying up with him. “Even Leia doesn’t know that, we explained to her that Anakin had a habit of watching over us when we weren’t well and we didn’t hesitate to return the favor. I’m beginning to suspect she’s starting to understand that Anakin and Vader are completely different personalities.”

“I didn’t know father had a sense of humor until shortly after we arrived here,” I commented causing Rex to glance up with a smirk.

“I heard there’s a rumor about you kissing Leia at the Hoth base,” Rex gave a sickly expression. “You played tonsil hockey with your sister.”

“How was I suppose to know she was my sister when everyone went on a don’t tell Luke he has a sibling he’s physically attracted too kind of silence,” I pointed out with a frown causing Brent to choke on his drink. “Anakin thought it was hilarious. For the record, Leia was trying to make Han jealous. And it almost worked. Han was ready to leave because of it. When the Empire showed up, he was forced to take Leia with him on the Falcon.”

“I guess that means Han has nothing to be jealous over now,” Rex smirked causing me to glare at him. “Now now Luke, how were you supposed to know?”

Artoo rolled in and leaned back as he played a holo recording of the kiss at the Hoth base. I stared at it in horror. “Artoo, I’m giving you a partial memory wipe.”

Rex watched with a wide grin on his face as he glanced at me. “You enjoyed it? The look on your face says it all. Artoo, I want a copy of that. Never know when Luke or Leia need extra persuading.”

“You mean black mail?” I pointed out with a serious expression as Rex chuckled.

“It’s too precious,” Rex answered with a smug grin. “Besides, I don’t think Anakin would approve of a partial memory wipe on Artoo. He did own the droid during the clone wars and never once wiped his memory.”

“Figures, so Artoo knew Leia and I were siblings?” I stared at Artoo as he twittered in a way of his version of chuckling. “What Anakin doesn’t know, won’t hurt him.”

“Luke I wouldn’t,” Rex warned me. “I think there are love notes between Anakin and Padme in his memory banks and I highly doubt Anakin would want you tampering with him at the moment. You and Anakin are in trouble. Women are good at figuring out the truth. Sooner than later, Leia will figure out you’re not telling her something. Isn’t it better to tell her the truth before she figures it out the hard way?”

I gave a heavy sigh as Brent and Tawana both nodded in agreement. “He’s right, Luke. If Leia doesn’t know, she will figure out that you’re keeping something from her,” Tawana commented with a frown. “I think it’s better if you came right out and say it.”

“Problem is, Anakin doesn’t want too. He interrogated her on the Death Star, allowed Tarkin to blow up the only home and family she knows. Nearly killed her on Mimban, interrogated her at Cloud City attempting to draw me into a trap and encased her lover in carbonite. I think he’s terrified to tell her the truth,” I explained with a frown. “I want to tell her, but won’t because Anakin doesn’t want Leia to know. If I tell Leia, she’ll know her connection instantly to Anakin and most likely bite his head off. She inherited Anakin’s temper.”

“He encased her boyfriend into carbonite unknowingly?” Brent questioned causing me to nod. “Protective, Han better be a fast runner.”

“Han has always been there for getting Leia and I out of trouble more than a few times and he worships the ground she walks on. Han has saved my life more than a couple times since we met. If he doesn’t run on Leia when he learns the truth about Vader, he’ll be worth hanging onto. She’ll need him. I think deep down, I get the feeling she knows the truth already,” I relayed with a tight smile. “I have a feeling he doesn’t object and plans to help me get Han back for her.”

“Everyone in this house knows about the relations to you and Anakin but her,” Tawana pointed out with a frown. “I think that will hurt her more then not telling her right away. She should hear it from Anakin and you directly before someone accidentally let’s it slip.”

“I’ll talk to Anakin,” I stood up from the table. Tawana just made a good point. Everyone knew except Leia. “I prefer if she hears it from Anakin.”

“Artoo, copies all around,” Rex smirked causing me to glare at him causing the clone to laugh.

“Not funny,” I warned as I walked out of the room as I heard everyone laughing. I glanced over my shoulder noticing that Artoo was replaying the holo recording causing me to curse under my breath. We’re never going to live that one down.

I stepped into Anakin’s room as Leia and Ahsoka looked at me with smiles. “Welcome back to the land of the living,” Ahsoka gave a small weary smile. “You’re not too mad are you?”

“No, I’m not,” I answered as I turned my attention to Anakin. “How are you feeling?”

“Better,” Anakin answered as I turned my attention to Ahsoka.

“Ahsoka, would you mind? The three of us need to talk,” I explained with a frown as Ahsoka gave a short nod in understanding as she left the room.

“What are they laughing about?” Ahsoka questioned as I bit on my lower lip. “Luke?”

“Artoo recorded Leia and me kissing in my recovery room at the Hoth base in an inappropriate way,” I answered causing Leia to raise an eyebrow as Anakin shot me a warning glare.

“Oh?” Ahsoka questioned as she started to close the door. “Rex, quick make copies before Luke wipes Artoo’s memory banks.”

“Never going to hear the end of that one, are you?” Anakin questioned in a weary tone.

“Rex and Ahsoka will most likely use it as black mail,” I explained with a sigh as I turned my attention to Leia as she looked at us in confusion. “There’s something you need to know, Leia. Everyone else in this house knows, and it’s best to come right out and say it before you find out the hard way.”

“Blast it,” Anakin cursed under his breath as he glanced at me.

“Ahsoka and Rex put it together as soon as they found out Padme was my mother,” I explained with a heavy sigh. “It didn’t take them long to figure it out. Brent and Tawana found out when they watched the recording and Rex started teasing me.”

“I was really hoping to wait until after we got Han back,” Anakin said as he motioned Leia forward. She stepped in beside his bed as he reached for her hands looking into her eyes. “Leia, I’m proud of you, your strengths and accomplishments,” tears appeared in Leia’s eyes and I suspect she realized what Anakin was about to tell her. “I loved you since the day your mother told me she was pregnant. You and Luke are twin brother and sister and I’m your father. Bail raised you the way your mother would have. He was a good friend who didn’t deserved to be killed. I’m sorry for all the pain I caused you. A pain a father should never cause his children. I hope one day, you can find it in your heart to forgive me. There is one thing I want to make right for you. That is to help you get Han back.”

Leia reached her one hand back for me as I grasped it. “I didn’t think I had any family left,” she whispered as I stepped in beside her wrapping an arm around her as I reached for Anakin’s free hand. “I think I already knew,” she whispered between the tears as Anakin watched her with concern. ‘Deep down I knew you were something special to me. I started viewing you like a brother, Luke. When we kissed, it was like kissing my brother and nothing like kissing Han.”

“You two are never going to live that down you know,” Anakin teased causing Leia to smile a bit. “Are you going to yell me stupid, bite my head off? Show me that temper you inherited from me? I promise to not take it personal. Just get it out of your system.”

“I don’t know,” Leia answered as Anakin shifted into an sitting up position, this was the first sign his strength was finally coming back as Leia sat down beside him. “I’m guessing you didn’t know for long? Or have a chance to hold me or Luke?”

“No, I knew she was pregnant. I didn’t realize she was carrying twins at the time,” Anakin answered honestly. “She had to hide her condition from prying eyes or our relationship would’ve been out in the open sooner then later. She would’ve been disgraced from the Senate and I would’ve been kicked out of the Jedi. I was close, I wanted to leave but she didn’t want too. Now I’m starting to think we should have left. All of this could’ve been avoided,” he explained with regret in his tone as Leia leaned into him as Anakin held her. Anakin pulled me down to the other side of him as I leaned into him.

“I am a lot like her, aren’t I?” Leia questioned as Anakin nodded his head.

“Yes you are, her love of politics. Her brown hair and brown eyes, facial features, you even beat her into office by two years, she was a good shot with a blaster,” Anakin pointed out with a small smile. “She was queen of Naboo at age fourteen and served as Senator for several years later. Fighting on the Alliance’s side while working from inside the Imperial senate. She would’ve done the same thing to end this war, she turned her missions to set things right with the people. She made a lot of enemies over the years. When she died, it was a state funeral from what I understand. Palpatine was busy putting me into the armor about the same time your mother was being buried,” he paused for a second as I heard anguish break into his tone. “I never went back to Naboo to visit her grave. I was too ashamed. You two would’ve liked her and I’m sorry you never got to know her. It’s my entire fault. I thought you two died with her.”

“It’s all right, Anakin, you’re here now,” Leia whispered in a gentle tone. He was showing remorse and regret for his actions. Knowing he had to live with the thought of killing those you held dear for these past several years was torture for him. I held him close to me. Padme said he needed me, truth be told he needed both of us. We stayed by his bedside until he grew tired and we helped him lay back down.

Leia hugged me to her as I wrapped my arms around her. “My dear sister,” I whispered into her ear. “I found you at last.”

“We’ll raid the rooms tonight to grab any copies that were made and destroy them then we’ll never speak about this again,” Leia whispered into my ear as I smirked. It sounded like a plan to me. Just needed to find a way to convince Artoo to delete the original so it would never be seen by the light of day again.
    ------------------------
    AzureAngel2, Nyota's Heart, earlybird-obi-wan, EGKenobi, Jedi_Lover, DaenaBenjen42, Carlos Danger, gaarastar58

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful blend of hilarious and sweet! =D= =D= I love these opening up and discovering family scenes. :cool:

18. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    No one is ever going to forget that kiss. [face_laugh]

19. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Artoo rolled in and leaned back as he played a holo recording of the kiss at the Hoth base. I stared at it in horror. “Artoo, I’m giving you a partial memory wipe.”

Rex watched with a wide grin on his face as he glanced at me. “You enjoyed it? The look on your face says it all. Artoo, I want a copy of that. Never know when Luke or Leia need extra persuading.”

o_O Right... yes, it was hilarious. However... teasing Luke forever about it is mean-spirited and what good is near-blackmail going to do for persuasion? (Or should I wait and see?)

Edit... oh. Good. Yes. Both of you! Raid!!!!!

Also... aha! Love letters in Artoo's databanks! Hee!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and touching. Love the family together

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I followed Leia into the kitchen where everyone including Greg was sitting at the table eating food. Ahsoka looked up with a slight smile on her face then stood up approaching Leia and hugged her. “If you want to know anything about your parents, just ask. Padme was something special. She was a beautiful person and I miss her. You remind me a lot of her.”

“Thanks Ahsoka,” Leia gave a weary smile as she glanced at Rex. “About that recording, I take it I don’t need to remind everyone here that I outrank you all.”

“We didn’t make any copies,” Ahsoka explained with a frown. “We had a feeling you and Luke would raid our rooms looking for any copies tonight.”

“This is the deal,” Rex spoke up with a smirk. “If you and Luke kiss like that again, we will make copies.”

“I can assure you, it won’t be happening again,” I spoke up with a frown. “We didn’t know at the time what we were to each other. Otherwise that kiss would’ve never happened.”

“Leia, how are you feeling about all of this?” Rex questioned in concern as he stood up and hugged Leia. “You look a lot like your mother,” he pointed out with a smile. “I should’ve seen it sooner. I had suspicions but without knowing. They left everyone with the impression that she died with the child.”

“I don’t know yet,” Leia answered honestly. “I’m in shock. I hear a lot of remorse and regret in his tone, it’s making it difficult to be angry with him.”

“Anakin is sensitive,” Ahsoka explained with concern in her tone. “It may not seem like it. But Vader wasn’t the man I knew who trained me during the Clone Wars. I know he is very sorry for what he did. I can sense that much in him. Your father isn’t a bad man. He made wrong decisions listening to the wrong person. We were all caught up in that war and he trusted Palpatine too much. If you need to talk, let me know. I’ll tell you anything you want to know. Same goes for you, Luke.”

”Thank you, Ahsoka,” Leia said as she sat down at the table as Ahsoka placed a plate of food in front of her. I sat down in Rex’s place at the table as he placed a plate down in front of me.

“Thank you, Rex,” I gave a grateful smile as he patted me on the shoulder then they all retreated into the living area. Artoo beeped and started to leave. “Just where do you think you’re going, Artoo?” Artoo stopped and beeped in that teasing tone of his causing me to smile a bit. “You’re staying here and we’re going to talk about that recording. You either delete it yourself, or you’re getting a partial memory wipe, decision is yours.”

“What’s going on?” A voice questioned causing me to look up as Fress Colias walked into the kitchen as Jess Shern stepped in behind her. “It’s seems a bit crowded in here, we have room at our place, if some of your guests don’t mind?”

“We’ll sit down and discuss arrangements,” I answered with a grateful smile. “But for now, we need to keep the medic and nurse here. Some are staying at Ahsoka’s place as well.”

“Fress?” Anakin questioned causing everyone to look at him as he stood in the hallway.

“Anakin?” Fress questioned as pain crossed her features then turned her attention back to Luke and Leia. She rushed to Anakin and wrapped her arms around him, he wrapped his arms around her. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, my old friend,” Anakin answered as Fress took a step back. “Were you with Padme in the end?”

“Obi-Wan, Bail, Yoda, and I were,” Fress answered honestly as she glanced at Luke and Leia. “Do they know yet?”

“Just got finished telling Leia,” Anakin answered honestly as Artoo played the holo recording. I heard Anakin chuckling loudly as he glanced at Leia and me. “Now I know why they want a copy of it,” he turned his attention to Artoo with a grin. “Artoo, I want a copy of that. Never know when Leia may attempt to pull rank on me. On the other hand,” he paused for a second as Leia glared at Anakin with a warning expression. “It’s a moment I missed in their lives.”

Fress felt around Anakin’s back and paused as she glanced up at him. “Who did this to you, Ani?”

“Palpatine did,” Anakin answered honestly as he stumbled a bit as Rex and Ahsoka moved under him.

“You should be in bed, Anakin,” Rex said with concern as Fress raised an eyebrow.

“I’m almost afraid to ask, but what did I miss?” Fress questioned as Rex and Ahsoka walked Anakin back to the bedroom.

“You may want to sit down, Fress,” I answered as she glanced at me. “It’s a long story.”

Fress raised an eyebrow as she turned her attention to where Anakin had disappeared too. I could tell she wanted to go talk with him but walked to the table and sat down instead. As I explained everything to her, she and Jess both looked horrified.

Jess glanced at Fress with a smirk on his face. “I told you we should’ve told Luke and Leia about each other sooner. They would’ve never shared that kiss.”

“Jess, they shared a kiss and nothing more. It’s not like they got naked,” Fress explained with a slight smile. “Could’ve been worse,” she smirked as she looked at the droid. “Artoo, I want a copy of that. Never know when Leia needs extra persuading.”

Leia gave a weary smile as I smirked. One day we would be able to look back on that day and laugh. Today was not that day, everyone else found it amusing. Fress was right, it could’ve been worse. We may have shared a forbidden kiss, not like anything else happened. By nightfall, I learned everyone who requested a copy got a copy including our father. We’re never going to able to live this one down for a long time to come.
    ----------------
    Fress was with Anakin for the better part of an hour in his room this morning. According to Anakin, Fress and Anakin were friends within a few days of Fress coming to the Jedi Temple while he was still Obi-Wan’s padawan learner. I smiled as she sat down in the living area with the rest of us. Fress, Jess, Leia, Lando, Ahsoka, Rex, and I had planned to help get Han out of Jabba’s grasp. It sounded like father wanted to include himself but Fress seemed a little weary of the idea. “Fress, you don’t seem to think it’s a good idea to let Anakin come. Any particular reason why?” With this many trained Jedi in one scene. I can’t see this going smoothly.

“I’m not sure how aware you are of your father’s past. He was a slave to Gardulla the Hutt before she lost Anakin and his mother in a bet to Watto,” Fress started to explain as I nodded. “So you are you aware of part of his past. I know he’s not in the habit of speaking about it and has struggled to put that part of his life behind him. He hates Hutts, and given any opportunity or chance. He’ll drop a bomb onto Jabba’s palace. In order to get Han back, we need the palace intact.”

“I’m dropping that bomb after we get Han back,” Anakin spoke up as he walked into the living area. Considering the amount of moving around Anakin has done in the past day meant he was truly on the mend now.

“No,” Fress glared at Anakin. “And before you get any bright ideas, I’ll tell you why. We’re going to draw Jabba out in the open away from his guards. If you want to kill him, you’ll have your chance to do so on the sail barge.”

“Blowing up the sail barge,” Anakin mused as he sat down in a chair. “Still,” he glanced at Fress who had a challenging glare on her face. “Sounds like you have a plan, all right Firecracker, let’s hear it.”

“You go to Jabba and offer him a two million credit spice deal in exchange for Solo’s freedom,” Fress said as she glanced at Anakin. “You got him into this mess, snarky, the least you can do is help get him out.”

“And if Jabba refuses?” Anakin questioned and I could hear the hopefulness in his tone. He really wanted the Hutt dead.

“We find innocent ways to infiltrate his palace, he likes feeding beings he considers nuisances to his pet Rancor. If one of us ends up getting fed to the Rancor, killing the Rancor will force Jabba to leave his palace. The next best thing he likes to feed is the sarlacc pit,” Fress explained with a smirk.

“That way we can be sure he’ll leave the palace,” Anakin agreed. “It’s a good plan.”

“The problem is Anakin, he already knows you, me and the others. He doesn’t know Luke is a fully trained Jedi yet, we can use that to our advantage and consider this one of his trials?” Fress questioned with a frown as Anakin suddenly became silent.

“I don’t like this at all,” Anakin turned his attention to me and nodded. “Very well, this will be considered a trial. The final trial will be facing Palpatine with me.”

“That sounds reasonable,” Fress agreed with a smile. I wondered if Fress knew something the rest of us did not.

“Is there any other reason you don’t want me involved?” Anakin questioned as he stared at Fress with suspicion.

“Considering you get jealous and protective and tend to dive off the deep end,” Fress started to speak causing Anakin to raise an eyebrow. “I know what you did to Clovis,” Anakin fell silent causing me to raise an eyebrow. What was this about a man named Clovis. “Padme told me how you behaved when she was spying on him and deliberately rekindled their friendship. You broke the middle seat on the transport shuttle and as soon as Clovis kissed Padme, you jerked the shuttle in a way to force them into two seats strapping them in.”

I heard a groan from Anakin causing everyone to look at him. Sounds like the ugly green-headed monster reared itself. “At the end of the mission, you left Clovis in the hands of the enemy deliberately.”

I was almost afraid to hear of the rest of it, it sounded like Fress wasn’t close to being done yet. “Even though Padme and Clovis didn’t admit to who attacked him…” She turned her attention to Anakin who was looking anywhere but her. “You were his attacker weren’t you?”

Anakin turned his attention back to Fress making me wonder what the real story was and why Anakin attacked Clovis. “Padme got poisoned in the first mission then Clovis started having suspicions we were married and to test the theory, he sexually forced himself onto Padme in front of me. That’s the reason you’re heading me off at the pass, isn’t it?”

Fress nodded as she smiled a bit. “Sorry Ani, we just got you back to your right mind. I don’t want to lose you again. We need someone ready to fly the speeder away from the barge. I was hoping you could be on standby to pick us up?”

“There is something you’re not saying, Fress,” Anakin pointed out with a frown. “Out with it.”

“If Leia gets caught by Jabba, he may attempt to dress her up,” Fress raised an eyebrow as she looked at Anakin who raised a challenging eyebrow. This was not going to be pretty. “I can see you literally going hay wire.”

Anakin became deathly silent as I suddenly realized why Fress decided to exclude him from this part of the plans. To be honest, I agreed with Fress at this point and understood her concerns. “I’m beginning to agree with her.”

Leia stood up and approached Anakin and placed her hand onto his as she bent down to eyelevel with him. He turned his attention to her. “I appreciate you wanting to help. Fress has made some good points. How do I know you’ll behave if…” She paused for a second as she turned her attention to Fress. “What do you mean dressing me up?”

“Scantily,” Fress answered with a frown. “Like he does with every other girl he fancies,” she continued to explain. “Considering your father’s genuine hate for Hutts, the scene would turn ugly fast.”

“There’s something I would like to see,” Lando spoke up causing Fress to shoot him a warning glare. “Don’t look at me like that. You know how many smugglers would love to be free of Jabba’s hold on them? Don’t blow up the palace.”

“Leia, Jabba will turn you into his plaything if you let him,” Anakin pointed out with distaste in his tone.

Leia gave a thoughtful expression. “Please tell me you’re not considering letting him go?” I questioned with concern. If Fress were right, Anakin would flip his lid again.

“Why not?” Leia questioned with a serious expression. “I asked him to help me get Han back and he already agreed, but on one condition.”

“I promise not to lose it and cost us our only chance at getting Han back,” Anakin promised as he reached for Leia’s hand.

“Thank you, that’s all I ask,” Leia smiled at Anakin. She leaned up and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek then walked to the kitchen.

Leia was beginning to warm up to Anakin and that made me happy to see. Maybe we could be a family after all of this was said and done. If Han didn’t run off on Leia once he learned the truth, I sensed we would be adding him in as a family member. I didn’t mind, I saw Han as a big brother.
    ---------------
    Jedi_Lover, Carlos Danger, DaenaBenjen42, Nyota's Heart, AzureAngel2, EGKenobi, gaarastar58, earlybird-obi-wan

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Good strategizing and support from friends.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice plans and good to see Anakin now at their side

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I'm on Leia's side and Artoo needs to delete the darn thing, not give copies to people. That, or play the whole scene and show what Han did to make her so mad. (And that's another thing... they're teasing Leia about relationships when her boyfriend/crush is missing and entombed in carbonite and on his way to Jabba. Which she should also mention, because it's not funny but hurtful.)

Also... good update. :)

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The days rush by so quickly and the evenings are so short, that I hardly manage reading all the gorgeous fanfics here on the boards. So thanks for tagging me, dear Falcon, and reminding me of your stories.

“I heard there’s a rumor about you kissing Leia at the Hoth base,” Rex gave a sickly expression. “You played tonsil hockey with your sister.”

It is jokes like that which make your stories special. And you always manage to write a STAR WARS that I used to know. The quirky humour, the big revelations, the sad parts, but your stories are far better that most of the novels that I have standing in my bookshelves. They always have a heart and are carefully thought through like the words Anakin says to Leia. Or the past that Fress informs Luke about. Thanks for that!

Falcon and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.