main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Innocence Lost: A Tale of Redemption

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by MairohTheWarriorGoddess, Oct 20, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corbin Ryder

Corbin Ryder Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 1999
    SoK, lest you think I have forgotten you, allow me to compliment you as well on your tremendous writing chops in the story. How are you, old sod? I hope things are well and that this new year has thus far been pleasant for you.

2. Mara (Mary) Jade

Mara (Mary) Jade Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2000
    Wow, that's all I have to say, wow. (I'm new here)

3. Mara (Mary) Jade

Feb 15, 2000
    wow, that's all I have to say, wow. ( I'm kinda new here)

4. Mara (Mary) Jade

Feb 15, 2000
    this story is just...oh, man...I could never write something like that. Well, maybe I could, I'll have to post some of mine on here

5. Shmi

Shmi Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 1999
    sniff....I hope that Mairoh and Kenobi can find each other again.

Shmi

6. Elisia

Elisia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 1999
    Uh, Corbin? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN! You left me cleaning your wounds! *stops screaming and looks around* Okay, so maybe I'm a little...connected to the story. But that doesn't make me a bad person! Right?

-Elisia Goddess of the Night

7. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    ALL RIGHT! I MADE THE THIRD PAGE! YES! I have no life. I have accepted this.

8. Corbin Ryder

Aug 3, 1999
    <bump>

Elisia (and May and SoK if they care), as to where I've been--I moved up into the mountains for a few months on a personal...experiment shall we say. No computer, no internet, limited television, no cable, just fresh air and lots of exercise. And now I've returned, a better, stronger, and in many ways wiser man for it.

But enough about me. Come on, guys, yer killin' me here! I want more of the dang story! hehe

9. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    The more you beg, the longer they will wait to post something. Personally I just think that they do it to torture us.

10. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Ooh, check out the cool new icons! And these new smilies are sooo cute... oh, sorry, getting a bit off subject, aren't I? tongue.gif

Anyhoo... back to the top with this story!!

--Mara Jade

11. Son of Kenobi

Son of Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 1998
    Hey all! I'm just popping in to be social, Mairoh is hard at work on the next post, but I thought I should come in and give a hearty virtual handshake to Corbin! Thanks for the praise, man. My year has indeed been going well, and I'm glad to hear your time in the mountains did you well, that's really cool that you did that,

Good to see you, as always, Elisia,
    Mara, and Shmi, thanks for your guys' continual support of the story, And
    welcome Mary Jade!

Anyway, I just wanted to say,"hi," so now I'll return to my little writing hovel ( ) and await my sweet Goddess' next post...

12. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    Good to see you, as always, Elisia,

Yeah, I know.

;P

13. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    Give me a break, I'm still getting used to the new stuff.

[This message has been edited by Elisia (edited 03-02-2000).]

14. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    Oops

15. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    My bad

16. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    Elisia, that's supposed to read, "Good to see you, as always, Elisia, Mara, and Shmi, thanks for your guys' continual support of the story."

Sorry for the mix-up,

17. MairohTheWarriorGoddess

MairohTheWarriorGoddess Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 1998
    Wow, it's been a while. Argh. But fear not, for I have returned with more of the story! *wild cheering ensues* Thank you, thank you. *realizes it's her cheering and she shuts up* Ahem. Anyway. Thanks to all our (very) faithful fans! And, *waves* to the new ones!

And Corbin, Hi! I haven't seen you in a while! Nice of you to drop by.

Okay all right, here's the post.

<Love me, love the voices in my head.>

Mairoh, the Jedi-Warrior Goddess

18. MairohTheWarriorGoddess

MairohTheWarriorGoddess Jedi Youngling

Nov 27, 1998
    And break your soul apart...

Kor felt his Magick coursing through him, felt the wonderful burning sensation as he channelled it through his hands into Mairoh. She was trembling violently now, and blood poured out of her very skin, and still Kor continued. He was determined that Mairoh should die, here and now. His eyes glowing like tiny suns, he again fed the Magick, letting it grow on his emotions. The Magick fed eagerly, and the sparks grew hotter and faster, and Mairoh's body went limp, held upright only by the very Magick that was killing her.

Almost.

And then there was a new sense in the room, a new presence, one that was familiar....Letting Mairoh fall to the ground, released of the Magick bonds that had held her, Kor spun around--

--just in time to have his chest impaled on a white, spiraled horn, barely missing his heart. Kor was lifted off the ground and slammed forcefully into the wall behind him, pinned there by the deadly horn.

Whitefire glared at Kor with eyes filled with rage, his ears pinned flat against his head and his horn glowing. Kor stared back at him, maintaining his outward calm, though inside he boiled. "Well, Sohrana?" he said quietly. "Are you going to kill me now?" Whitefire's only reply was to shove his horn in further. Kor gave no sign that he was in pain, though the horn burned hotly inside him, and his physical body was aware of a difficulity with breathing.

Finally, Whitefire jerked back, the tip of his horn making a shallow gash upwards along Kor's shoulder. Thick blood dripping from his horn, the giant horse moved to stand over Mairoh's body, and he formed a powerful shield around them. Kor simply watched with an icy glare as Whitefire and Mairoh disappeared from the ship.

A deafening silence fell over the huge dome, and Kor studied the wound that was now struggling to heal. It would leave a scar, he knew, and would never really heal completely. Curse you, Sohrana. I will see the Goddess die. And you will not stop me, Sohrana, not without destroying yourself.

And then suddenly there was a new presence in the room, felt just as a gigantic form appeared in the Dome. Kor turned as the presence entered, and came face-to-face with a huge eagle's leg. He looked up to see the stony face of a Griffen peering down at him, its massive beak glistening dully in the stars' light.

"Greetings to you, High Lord Korasaveshki," the Griffen intoned in a voice like thunder, incling its head in a slight bow.

"Greetings to you, Messenger," Kor returned formally. "I offer you my hospitality; you are welcome here as long as you have need to stay." He said the traditional words with as much sincerity as he could under the circumstances. Which wasn't really much at all. But the Griffen continued as though it had not noticed.

"I have come to inform you that you have been called to trial by the Tribunal of High Lords," it said gravely. "You are to be at the Place of Judgement in exactly one standard day from this moment, as you currently judge time. You have until then to prepare."

Kor stared at the Griffen with his usual impassive expression. So they finally did it. He might have felt surprise, but he was numb inside, and so he felt nothing. The Griffen, for its part, did not seem to expect any kind of reaction whatsoever; Kor inclined his head to it in acknowledgement. "Thank you, Messenger," he replied coolly. The Griffen nodded once.

"You are welcome, High Lord." The Griffen bowed its head to him. "Fare thee well, High Lord."

"Fare thee well, Messenger," Kor returned evenly. The Griffen nodded slightly, then turned to face the stars, and was gone. Kor watched the stars a moment more, then left the Dome to prepare for the impending trial.

The world-- if it could be called that-- was a stranger and more beautiful place than any. Bright blue creatures that resembled grass waved lazily in a snow-white wind. Above, pale-silver clouds raced each other across a hot-pink sky. A river wound its way idly through the blue meadow, the metallic silver water c

19. Corbin Ryder

Aug 3, 1999
    WOO HOO! A new twist, this is, yesssss? Hmmmmm?

20. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    Come on Kenobi, it's been over two weeks. I know you're busy, but the suspence is killing me! (Literally, you should recieve a doctors bill in the mail any day now )

21. Corbin Ryder

Aug 3, 1999
    <bump>

Good to see this made the transition over to the "new" FanFic boards, wouldn't want to lose it.

NOW COME ON YOUSE GUYS!!!!! hehe

22. Mara Jade Emperor's Hand

Mara Jade Emperor's Hand Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 1, 1999
    Thank God! I was wondering if this thread was gonna make the transition to the new forum... there've been a couple that were lost <shudder> and I'm glad that didn't happen to this one!

Anyway... please please please post soon!!!

--MJEH (still the hardcore fanatic!)

23. Elisia

Jan 25, 1999
    No kidding! I have this place bookmarked so I can get to it easy, so when I came and saw the little "Thread Closed" thingy, I almost had a heart attack! But I'm better now.

HURRY!!!!!!!!

thank you

24. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    Wow, it's been awhile. Sorry for the loooooong delay. The song in italics is One by U2, which I felt was very appropriate, considering the post. And so, without further ado, here is the next chapter in Innocence Lost.

25. Son of Kenobi

Aug 21, 1998
    Son of Kenobi stood in silence as the twelve Jedi Masters regarded him grimly. He was literally silent. A cage of Magick shimmered around him, preventing him from accidentally razing the Jedi Temple to cinders. Swiveling slowly over the cage, in a shield of its own, was his silver-and-black lightsaber hilt. Kenobi ground his teeth. He would never forgive Kor for what he?d done.

He closed his eyes. That was the kind of attitude that had landed him here in the first place. When the Council had learned of his ... activities, he had been summoned from the Healers? World, and brought to Coruscant. Normas had encased him in a temporary hold of Blue Magick, the strongest the Healer could use to contain the Jedi Knight.

"You know why you?re here, Kenobi," Shefar Onesca, the elder female from Nar Shadaa said, her ebony claws laced neatly on her maroon-robed lap.

Kenobi was silent. He knew better than to speak unless he was asked a direct question.

She raised a hairless eyebone. "Don?t you?"

"Yes, my Master," he said quietly.

She sat back in the cylindrical chair. "Then tell us."

Kenobi forced down the anger in his mind. Why is she toying with me? She knows damn well why I?m here, why waste time on making an example out of me? Mairoh made an example out of him the same damn way. Lying in bed, giving him the same ****ing silent treatment she always did when there was conflict between them. And there he stood, feeling helpless because he didn?t know how to couch his words so she wouldn?t be threatened. And she still lay there, her face expressionless, giving him nothing. Maybe he?d never known her, he had thought on the Healer?s World. Those words seemed more true day by day. He felt his eyes blazing.

Twenty-six eyes trained on him, and awareness crept over his mind like a cloth of ice.

He was doing it again.

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes briefly. Has it come to that? he asked himself. Have I so little control over my anger that simple questions make me react? No wonder I?m here. He opened his eyes, looking Master Shefar in the eye.

"I have violated the Jedi Code," he said quietly.

"That is obvious," Vorence Cha-Takh, a Corellian Master interrupted. "Each individual Jedi determines how code works for her or for him. But your defilement runs far deeper than that, and it is not our place to root out your errors for you. You must tell us exactly what your defilement is ... so we may determine the depth of your rehabilitation."

SoK had the overwhelming desire to explain his action ? and he stanched it before the words came to him. The Council wanted the feelings behind his motivations, not rationalizations.

"If you must, take what time that you need," Master Shefar told him, a trace of wryness to her voice. "We are patient."

Kenobi licked hs lips. He knew she meant it, too. He nodded to himself. He would do an exercise that had helped him since his days as a Padawan in the Temple. It was referred to as "searching one?s feelings," by most Masters. Kenobi knew it was his only chance at clarity. Taking a deep breath, he began. Bathing his mind in calm, he delved into his inner maelstrom of emotions. The boiling sea of anger in his mind and heart attempted to seduce him to its poisoned embrace, but he bypassed it, going deeper. He would have to go deeper.

Kenobi searched so intensely, that his body and the Temple and the Masters were all transformed into bare abstractions, connected to him, but only by translucent tendrils of the Force. The search became his reality, and he gave himself over to it.

Mairoh felt along the walls. Her eyes had been sensitive after the Healing, but as the days had wore on, she felt it necessary to block one of her senses so that the others would be strengthened. She had the Healers place thick white pads across her eyes. So far it had worked. Her sense of smell and hearing was getting stronger by the minute. At times like this, immortality came in handy. A lopsided smile retreated before it had a chance to form. Her hands sl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.