main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Insane Costume Idea

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by danbinks, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    I just had this crazy idea! I want to make a high qualtiy C-3PO costume! It would be more work and more compilcated than anything I have ever tried to do, but if I could figure it out, the experience would be invaluable.
    I like the Idea of full costumes that have a "presence" like Stormtroopers and Boba Fett, but I don't have a strong intrest in becoming most of those charaters. I am too tall to be an Ewok or Artoo. A Jar Jar costume would never make you feel like you are standing next to a real Gungan(the down side of being CGI). Threepio on the other hand... Their is just something about chrome.
    Right now I would consider this a long trem goal.
    Again I have never done anything this complicated before and have failed at things a lot less complicated. Mabe I can get some help?

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Nice idea Dan! Yeah, it's definately something to think about doing long term if you want it to be a really good costume. I'd recommend looking around on the interenet for places that sell different SW costumes and props. These places often times tell the formula for putting stuff like this together, and once you have your "shopping list" of supplies, it's then just a matter of getting them! Good luck with that...if you want to know what an "insane" costume idea is that I could certainly use help with, I'm going to try and make a General Grievous cosutme for Celebration/Episode III! I have a mask that I'm going to alter and paint silver....I'm then going to have a full black body suit (what you need for Threepio) and then attack metal parts to it...it's totally insane. Perhaps we could coordinate together on this one? Good luck!

3. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    I know that their is no offical Stormtrooper Armor(except the helmet), but the 501st is fully armored. Some body had to make their costumes. I think I heared something about Vacuum-forming.
    I also know that the real Threepio costume is made of Fiberglass.
    So, I have a few ideas, and will do more research.

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Nice...yeah just let me know at Saturday's meeting what you're thinking and we'll talk more about it then...were you planning on attending Celebration III?

5. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I hope you both can pull off your costume ideas. They both sound great. Qui Gonn, I am hoping you can help me touch up my Boss Nass Robe and make it look more realistic.

6. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    I have just spoken with someone who makes AT-AT Driver costumes. While a little spendy (550.00) this is the route I have chosen for the 501st costume I need.

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    If you bring your robe to the next meeting I'll help you out. But if you don't bring it, don't expect me to give you pointers because I'm going to have a lot going on in August...but like I said, if you have it with you, I can surely give you some tips!

8. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Actually, I am thinking about taking Star Wars down a notch in my life. Maybe I will bag the costuming completely.

9. Corni_Wisea

Corni_Wisea Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    You guys who are good at making costumes, maybe you could help make costumes for my movie?

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Bag it? You mean after "whats her name" spent all that time sewing it?

11. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003

She actually asked me about it too...Guess i should finish it. No worries on the time though, don't need it until C3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.