main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Insane? Driving to C4? Want to form a caravan?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by atataboy, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    That's right, I am driving to Cali from Indiana. Leaving from Indiana the morning of the 22nd with an ETA of the wee hours on the 24th (rotating drivers) before the convention. Leave a message if you are interested and we will coordinate in the coming weeks.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yep. Your Insane!
    At $3.18 a gal Im thinking it would be just as cheap to find a plane ticket using expenda or obitz or something like that. Plus your there in 4 hrs form Indy Airport.
    I paid $312 round trip no stops after all taxes and fee's.
    If you have anything bigger then a 4 cylinder, it will cost you probably Five to Six hundred in gas Im thinking.

3. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    there are three of us going so that would be three plane tickets. As well as costumes, including metal blasters. I don't want to risk anything getting broken or confiscated. Not to mention renting a car while we are out there (want to visit some sites outside of downtown LA during a couple evenings)

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    When do you leave?
    Gas this mourning here is $3.50 a gal!

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    How'd the roadtrip go?

6. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Sorry, hadn't popped back in here since :) It actually went really well. I was very happy we drove. We made the trip in 30 hours. Having multiple drivers it went pretty smooth and got to see lots of cool things. I just wasn't happy with the parking fees in LA :) If they had it in LA again, I would probably drive again, but this time I would do what some other people did and get a hotel room outside the downtown area for much less. As the hotels weren't close at all, and the shuttle service was a little sporadic, I would definitely be happier driving in everyday. I could have had another 400 bucks to spend if I had done that this time not to mention I might have had a larger room (rooms were very small for the price) :)

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sounds like you had a good time and learned a few things for next time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.