Beyond Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi_Anais Jedi Master

star 2
    I really like where you're going with this. :D Mind PMing me next time you update? Thanks!
  2. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    AliKatKelts - Thank you. And yes, heatbreak abounds :D
    I love the Mara/Karrde interaction. I've always thought that she thought of him as a father figure.
    A much better father figure than the Emperor, that's for sure...

Jedi_Anais - Thank you :)

A/N: I hate exposition.

Sorry about the delay - I had real trouble with this chapter for some reason. I'm still not all that happy with it, but all the important elements are there :)

Chapter 2

Luke Skywalker ignored the constant, fretting looks of the secretary, stamping down his impatience. He supposed that it would seem unusual for a Jedi Master to be seated in the foyer of the headquarters of the Smuggler?s Alliance, but the woman, in between comm. calls and tapping away at her datapad, looked as if he was going to begin slashing his lightsaber around and causing trouble. Jedi didn?t have the most illuminating reputations when it came to smugglers, he imagined, even if their organisation was perfectly legal. Old habits die hard, he thought to himself grimly.

Glancing at the chrono on the wall, Luke sighed, realising he had been waiting for close to an hour already. But a Jedi must have patience, he told himself, running through old exercises Yoda had drilled into him. It wasn?t as if he had any other pressing engagements, and he really had to make things right with Mara.

Luke knew where he had faltered the previous night. As usual, his troubles came from listening to Han?s advice. Take charge, he?d said, to which Luke had made an obligatory comment about kidnapping and stun guns, which Han had promptly ignored. When women go to all the trouble of pretending they?re not interested in you it?s a dead giveaway that they are. Here Han?s logic faltered slightly, when Luke had questioned him about how exactly he was supposed to know if they were pretending or really just not interested. They?d exchanged some requisite banter about Jedi Masters and galaxy-wide celebrities, before Luke had been subjected to a wide range of arguments and tips from Han on how to read a women?s behaviour.

Luke was certain that Han had been making it up as he went along, but he came away with one solid piece of advice, and that was to take charge, to show is worth. To not take no for an answer. Of course, Han hadn?t realised that Luke was specifically targeting Mara Jade, and looking back, he imagined the advice might have been somewhat different if he?d been aware of that fact.

As a result, Luke had misfired, and rather badly. He?d succeeded not only in not securing Mara?s consent to meet with him, but had completely driven her away, quite literally, in fact. In the cold light of day, Luke wondered what had possessed him to pursue Mara in the first place. They?d always shared a somewhat unsteady and tumultuous relationship, but Luke had always counted her as a friend, and suspected, although she did not admit to it, that she felt the same about him. But lately his thoughts towards her had been seeping dangerously into a less than platonic area.

He?d dismissed it at first as simply a consequence of his own recent celibacy and her beauty. A mere attraction many a man would feel confronted not only by Mara?s natural striking appearance, but her dry with and intelligence ? there was certainly nothing about her that was plain or indistinctive. But his feelings had lingered, until he found himself scrounging around for her itinerary, searching for when she would be near Coruscant or Yavin, or even within a few star systems of him. He found himself conjuring up the discussions and arguments they?d had in the past, dissecting every instant of conversation, so better to understand her. He even found himself staring at random redheads in the streets and public places, comparing their shade and colour to hers.

Those were not the actions and thoughts of a normal, rational person who was merely friends with a woman. But Luke wasn't sure if he was ready, o/>
  3. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooooh....JL, great chapter! Makes sense that Luke would go to Talon, but I didn't see that coming! And Talon was great--torn between helping Luke to help Mara, and protecting Mara's privacy and confidence. Karrde has done so much for Mara, and he's so worried for her--but how far can one go in helping another stay their course?

Not an easy woman to love.

Mara?

Not a?woman to love?

Hmmmmm....wonder what Luke is thinking? This seems to be quite the pickle here...I just can't wait to see how you resolve it!

And, Lando--I love Lando! Hee! [face_love]

Great job, lady! =D=
  4. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent update, JL! =D=

Luke going to Karrde to check in on Mara is something I can see Farmboy doing.

At the mention of Lando?s name, Luke noticed that Karrde?s smile faded slightly.

It was a great treat to see Lando! I wonder if Karrde already knew Skywalker was there? [face_thinking]Leading him to loose his smile at the mention of Calrissian's name. You have perfect characterizations. Karrde is all business, but still can find the balance of being Mara's friend and confidant, and acquaintance to Luke.

Luke knew she had not lived well, but he had never really considered what her life would have been like, if she had spent time in the slums, scrounging for whatever living she could. Had his forward actions the previous night been a reminder of some less than welcome attention she?d had to face during those days? Had she fought off men groping her in bars and underground taverns? Was his behavior comparatively less overwhelming than theirs had been?

This added a change to Luke's thoughts. As he's starting to understand there were even darker things in Mara's past than simply serving Palpatine. It will be interesting to see how Luke will find out, and how events will unfold from there.

Be proud of this fantastic chapter, JL. =D= [:D]
  5. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    JL: I like Han?s advice. A lot! Karrde?s advice ?it was given to save everyone a lot of grief, I?m sure. He's balancing protecting Mara and not wanting anyone to get hurt. That's a hard thing. But, treading carefully is totally different from not pursuing at all. I think Luke needs a little encouragement to pursue a romantic relationship. After all, looking at every woman and seeing a particular one, and recalling every conversation is a ?dead giveaway? that you wanna be more than pals. In any case, he should defer any final decision about how to define their relationship, until he hears it from her; he could tell her ?I want to be there for you and see where our relationship could go? and she could either say: ?No way? or ?Not now? or ?Please do.? I?m certainly voting for the last one. Great update. You said you weren't happy with it, but it seemed fine--unless it leads to being stuck plotwise. Arg! Wouldn't like that at all.
  6. AliKatKelts Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh boy Han giving Luke advice on romancing Mara, bound to fail, Luke should just follow his instincts.

And Karrde warning him off, trying to tell him that a relationship with Mara, with all her baggage would be very hard. I got the feeling that he was telling Luke in a way that 'here there be dragons'.

Mara?

Not a?woman to love?

This reasoning scares me, but in a way it's true, with her past, a lot of Luke's associates and the public at large won't want her as Lukes other half.

Great installment. I'm eagerly anticipating more
  7. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Why does Luke always need to have stuff beaten over his head before he gets it?

And even then you only got a 50/50 chance?
  8. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Another wonderful chapter. Poor Luke, he takes a chance and follows Han's advice just to be shot down. There was no way for him to know that Mara has a lot of demons from her past to wrestle with.

Great job!! I hope to read more soon.

AG88
  9. Anakins_Force Jedi Master

star 4
    Great update.

Poor Luke--he's listening to Han give advice on women. And he's right--Mara's not like other women.

I hate it that she left so quickly but that was also like her.

It does seem like Karrde is being fair to Luke though, so I like that.
  10. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    If you hate exposition, it certainly doesn't show. That was a fantastic chapter!! =D=

I really liked Talon but felt kinda bad for Luke. The guy just wants to deepen a relationship with Mara and gets railroaded by Papa Bear Karrde, LOL. Talon may not be giving Luke enough credit. [face_thinking]

And she would have to confess her sins to Luke. Not only does he deserve to know, but once she is connected with him in the media the paparazzi will dig at her background until all the details eventually come to light.

I hadn't actually thought about this, but you're right. I think, personally, Luke would eventually be able to deal with Mara's past life, but if it were to become gossip fodder for the galaxy, it would hurt and embarrass him greatly, and perhaps somewhat tarnish his reputation. I suppose i'll have to deal with that if/when I come to it.

Eavesdropping here ;) but I think Luke is actually the best possible candidate for the job. Darth Vader was one of the most notorious Sith Lords ever to live, but Luke has never been embarrassed by him or felt compelled to make excuses for or gloss over his father?s years in darkness.

He met Palpatine and knows better than anyone else alive how badly the Emp can mess someone up. And, beyond that, Luke has been dealing with Jedi apprentices getting possessed by Sith and turning to the dark side, blowing up planets and all kinds of bad stuff for years, but he always forgives and accepts them and helps them to overcome their demons.

Just my 2 credits - plugging my vote for L/M even if she is a recovering addict with a sorted past. [face_blush]

11. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    ginchy - Makes sense that Luke would go to Talon, but I didn't see that coming!
    :D I think Talon's a good confidant for Luke regarding Mara, as he actually understands her and can give him some good advice. Although he is straddling the line between objectivity and his protectiveness of Mara.
    And Talon was great--torn between helping Luke to help Mara, and protecting Mara's privacy and confidence.
    I really believe that Talon thinks the world of Luke, but his loyalties will always be with Mara which might sway him a little. I think Talon's only problem might be being able to "let go" of Mara and let her sort things out by herself. Although nudging Luke in the right direction can't hurt, can it ;)
    And, Lando--I love Lando! Hee!
    You know i'm big on the Lando-love. i'm hoping to fit him in quite a bit.

MirandaFair - You have perfect characterizations. Karrde is all business, but still can find the balance of being Mara's friend and confidant, and acquaintance to Luke.
    [:D] I think it would be hard for him, finding a common ground. I've always though Talon had some Luke-like qualities in the willingness to trust and take a chance on people (Mara, etc), but still has a shrewd business sense and objectivity that perhaps Luke lacks ;) He almost seems to be the mediator between L/M.
    This added a change to Luke's thoughts. As he's starting to understand there were even darker things in Mara's past than simply serving Palpatine.
    He's starting to realise that he may not have thought fully about what Mara's past entailed. It's a step in the right direction for him at least.

Jade_eyes - Karrde?s advice ?it was given to save everyone a lot of grief, I?m sure. He's balancing protecting Mara and not wanting anyone to get hurt.
    Yes - he's working for the best solution possible, with the protection of Mara as his first goal. His heart's in the right place.
    But, treading carefully is totally different from not pursuing at all. I think Luke needs a little encouragement to pursue a romantic relationship.
    True. I think Karrade would like to see Luke with Mara, but is fearful of what it may cause. I think he was trying to warn Luke that there would be more for him to deal with if he actually manages to get Mara, and that the difficulties would not stop when their relationship started.
    You said you weren't happy with it, but it seemed fine--unless it leads to being stuck plotwise. Arg!
    It was more needing to fit everything in, plotwise. I had to include some plot/character stuff I knew would come up later, and work it so I wouldn't end up contradicting myself. I found that a little frustrating [face_blush]

AliKatKelts - And Karrde warning him off, trying to tell him that a relationship with Mara, with all her baggage would be very hard. I got the feeling that he was telling Luke in a way that 'here there be dragons'.
    Yep. :) He couldn't exactly some out and say it, but I think Karrde felt honour bound to at least warn him that a relationship wouldn't be smooth-sailing.
    This reasoning scares me, but in a way it's true, with her past, a lot of Luke's associates and the public at large won't want her as Lukes other half.
    The problem of course, being that Luke needs someone to love, and probably would not enter into a relationship with anything les, or at least the hope of it eventually blossoming. Which makes it difficult for all concerned...

RedGold - Why does Luke always need to have stuff beaten over his head before he gets it? And even then you only got a 50/50 chance?
    It's those Skywalker genes at work again... :D

academygrad88 - Thank you :)
    Poor Luke, he takes a chance and follows Han's advice just to be shot down. There was no way for him to know that Mara has a lot of demons from her past to wrestle with.
    And with Luke it seems to be once bitten, twice shy, sadly. He has no way of understanding why Mara acted the w
  12. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4

Chapter 3

?Skywalker really likes you, you know.? Karrde languished on the couch in Mara?s sparse but neat hotel room on Oon Tiel. He?d only just arrived, and proceeded to tell her an edited version of his discussion with Skywalker. Talon couldn?t, of course, tell her that for all intents and purposes, he?d all but warned Skywalker off her. She may have been grateful at not having to engage in an awkward conversation with the Jedi himself, but Talon knew she would have been furious with him taking such liberties with her personal life. Friend and confidant he may be to her, but there were certain lines even he dared not to cross. Or at least, let her know that he'd crossed them.

Mara, pouring over what looked like building plans at her console across the room, grunted dismissively. She showed no signs of the hassled, confused woman who had confronted him the morning after the state dinner, but he hadn?t really expected her to. That morning she?d been up most of the night, analysing the small details of her and Skywalker?s short conversation. His uncharacteristic forwardness had frightened her, the amount of liberty and affection he?d shown her that night had rattled her nerves. Although she couldn?t quite bring herself to admit it, Talon knew that for a split second, his manner had reminded her of the Emperor.

It seemed ludicrous in any real logical analysis, if there ever were two people who were less alike, it was the late Palpatine and Luke Skywalker. But Talon knew the power that brewed in Skywalker which he chose not to yield or utilise, that she had, perhaps, seen a glimpse of that night. It brought back unpleasant memories of the other man who had wielded such control over her. Mara had suffered under him, and she had suffered under the slavery of addiction, he knew there was no way she would relinquish any of her own sanctity again.

That, and the fact that Mara had never had a healthy romantic or physical relationship with a man, had flung her back into old insecurities. Talon had been there, of course, as he had always been there. He knew that the relationship he and Mara shared was the first, and perhaps the only, stable connection she had experienced in her life. A part of him, the selfish part, almost felt as if Skywalker was encroaching on his territory, and felt almost as a father would, the first time his daughter brought home a date.

He liked Skywalker enough, even admired his compassion and dedication to all other beings. It was not naivety, as Mara thought, it was a genuine desire for good, a love for all others, no matter their circumstance, or mistakes. It was those qualities that made him see a hope for Mara. Skywalker?s affection seemed genuine, he had as much admitted to wanting a deeper relationship with Mara. There was anticipation, perhaps, that Skywalker could help her overcome those last barriers that kept Mara isolated and alone. That he would be able to fulfil the role Karrde could not, that of a constant, loving companion. Perhaps Mara needed that, though all outward signs did not directly indicate it.

On the other hand, it could lead to disaster. Mara may not be able to accept all of Luke?s attention, if it were placed solely on her. Talon knew she would rather die than reveal her weakness to him and without that knowledge of her past, Skywalker?s patience or understanding may dry up quickly. In any case, Talon had gone the safe route, in his opinion. He had hinted to Luke that there was more to Mara than it appeared, warned him that there were things he couldn?t understand or comprehend. In the end, Talon thought, it would be better to give Mara the power over their rocky friendship, to allow her, if she felt ready, to make the first move.

?You underestimate him,? Talon said finally. He knew that Mara kept Luke at a distance for a reason. For her, it was easier to deal with the farmboy, the stammering, shyness of his countenance, than to face the consequences of the power he wielded as a leader and Jedi.

?Please,
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Ooh--I can sympathize with Mara's anger at the situation. She feels like she's been trampled on and coddled. She feels like Karrde doesn't trust her judgment. Why do the words "deafening deadly silence" fill me with dread? Like their relationship is shattered, or like Mara's going to do something very rash and harmful to herself? [face_worried]
  14. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Like everyone else, I LOVED these lines:

Mara?

Not a?woman to love
    ?

Uh, Luke might want to rethink going to Han for advice! :p

A wonderful update! =D=
  15. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wonderful update. I can see why Mara is angry. She tells Talon her story in confidence and now she is not sure if he is blabbing it around the galaxy, or at least hinting to her addiction. I like how you have written these two. It is very much like a father and daughter. Well, a father and a high strung, moody and very unpredictable daughter.

Great job!!

AG88
  16. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    psst... Karrde... how can people help themselves if you do all the helping... argh...
  17. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    It seemed ludicrous in any real logical analysis, if there ever were two people who were less alike, it was the late Palpatine and Luke Skywalker. But Talon knew the power that brewed in Skywalker which he chose not to yield or utilise, that she had, perhaps, seen a glimpse of that night.

Really love this, JL! You would never think to compare Palpatine and Luke, really, but in terms of power--and what can happen if power is corrupted...I think Mara can compare them. And she finds that thought unbearably scary! And who wouldn't?

Mara's always in control...insatiable or not--she feels that she was in control of all of those men, and her body--at least, in her mind. In fact, she was as controlled by the drugs and the sex as she was by Palpatine, imo. And until she is ready to realize that....well....Luke doesn't stand a chance.

Let's hope Mara wakes up...and soon! Others may snatch Farmboy if she's not looking! ;)

Great chapter, lady! Loved Talon!
  18. Anakins_Force Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful update.

Poor Mara--she feels like Karrde doesn't trust her to take care of herself but he was only trying to protect her. I hope she can come to see that. It's no wonder that Luke scares her a little--he's the most powerful Force user in the galaxy and she spent all those years under Palpatine, and Luke's father was his second in command--I'd be wary too.
  19. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I just found this again, JadeLotus. Excellent! I'm looking forward for more.
  20. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Another great post, JL! I'm loving all the Talon/Mara interactions.

He liked Skywalker enough, even admired his compassion and dedication to all other beings. It was not naivety, as Mara thought, it was a genuine desire for good, a love for all others, no matter their circumstance, or mistakes. It was those qualities that made him see a hope for Mara.

Well, it seems that Talon at least "gets" Luke.

?Since when are you an expert on human relationships?? Mara consulted her datapad, making a brief note. ?I don?t seem to recall the last time you engaged in one?.

Ouch. And that's our Mara - telling it like it is. She's right, though. Karrde might not be the best person to accept advice from on the suject of romance, LOL.

21. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Poor Karrde, in helping out, his plans backfired. :oops: I believe he was underestimating Mara. However, addiction is so hard to break free from. His desire to support Mara is believeable. His actions are what most friends in his situation would do. Of course, it came across the wrong way in Mara's eyes.

?Since when are you an expert on human relationships?? Mara consulted her datapad, making a brief note. ?I don?t seem to recall the last time you engaged in one?.

Talon was used to Mara?s caustic ways, and knew she had not meant the insult. ?All I?m saying, Mara? he said casually, ?Is that he cares for you?.

Wonderful banter! You know these two so well, JL. Enjoy reading how Karrde has gotten used to Mara's snips as not to be insults. lol!

Will Karrde ever earn back Mara's trust? Let's hope so.

Regret swept through him as his attentions were met only with a deafening, deadly silence.

What an impact! You know how much I love your descriptors! =D= :D
  22. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    Jade_eyes - Thank you :)
    Why do the words "deafening deadly silence" fill me with dread? Like their relationship is shattered, or like Mara's going to do something very rash and harmful to herself?
    I actually changed the ending to this chapter at the last minute, which altered the story a bit ;) I'll just say that Mara is unpredictable in this state.

VaderLVR64 - Thanks!
    Uh, Luke might want to rethink going to Han for advice!
    It does seem to get him into trouble, doesn't it? :p Great to have you reading!

academygrad88 - Thank you :)
    I can see why Mara is angry. She tells Talon her story in confidence and now she is not sure if he is blabbing it around the galaxy, or at least hinting to her addiction.
    I think Talon is the last person she expected this kind of betrayal (as she sees it) from. And we kow how Mara reacts when she's angry...

RedGold - psst... Karrde... how can people help themselves if you do all the helping... argh...
    Silly men. Just like Luke, he thinks he can fix and control everything himself...

ginchy - You would never think to compare Palpatine and Luke, really, but in terms of power--and what can happen if power is corrupted...I think Mara can compare them.
    I think the danger that Luke could turn into Palpatine is very real to her. He is powerful enough - which is scary, I agree! Although somehow sexy for us fangirls....
    Mara's always in control...insatiable or not--she feels that she was in control of all of those men, and her body--at least, in her mind. In fact, she was as controlled by the drugs and the sex as she was by Palpatine
    Couldn't put it better myself :D

Anakins_Force - Thanks! :)
    Poor Mara--she feels like Karrde doesn't trust her to take care of herself but he was only trying to protect her. I hope she can come to see that.
    She rarely sees the good intentions of people around her, unfortunatly. Whether or not she will be able to accept it in the future...I suppose its all part of her continued recovery.

Golden_Jedi - Thank you :) I'll try to have it updated before Christmas.

Jedi Trace - Well, it seems that Talon at least "gets" Luke.
    I think that fundamentaly they have some very similar aspects and values. I've always thought Talon was a great guy - I think he understands Luke far more than Mara does at this stage.
    Ouch. And that's our Mara - telling it like it is. She's right, though. Karrde might not be the best person to accept advice from on the suject of romance
    :D Probably not...

MirandaFair - I believe he was underestimating Mara. However, addiction is so hard to break free from.
    I think he's a little torn on the correct course of action. He knows what the situation's like and how hard it is, but he doesn;t stop to think that Mara's situation and reactions are different from his own. His heart's in the right place, at least...
    Wonderful banter! You know these two so well, JL. Enjoy reading how Karrde has gotten used to Mara's snips as not to be insults. lol!
    Thank you! :) He's spent enough time being insulted by her to just be able to ignore them.
    What an impact! You know how much I love your descriptors!
    [:D]

23. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4

Chapter 4

In the dark silence of her room on Oon Tiel, Mara lay on her bed, the sheet twisting around her as she tossed and turned irritably. She found her mind reeling with Talon?s betrayal. He had gone behind her back, had manipulated Calrissian into rescinding, or at least rethinking their partnership. Talon had been the one person she had trusted in years, and he had proved himself undeserving of that faith. Mara now burned with an old hatred, one forgotten until now. She hated him ? he was as bad as Skywalker, always presuming to know what was right and best for her. He was as bad as the Emperor, who had used and abused her devotion to him.

In the small hours of the morning her anger finally cooled, leaving only a sad regret and disappointment. Talon had given up trying to see her and apologise and had evidently left for the reception hours before, leaving Mara alone with her thoughts. It was better that way. He was like her, in many ways ? Talon knew he would make no headway with Mara during the night and of course, business was paramount, he may at least try to salvage that. She was grateful for his practicality ? she needed to be alone.

However, a sense of defiance also wound through her. Talon no longer had faith in her ? but she had not lost it in herself. She would show him how wrong he had been to doubt her, of how misplaced his distrust was. She would throw herself into this business with Lando ? leave Talon in the past, where he belonged. Someday, there might be a renewal of affection or at the least, polite courtesy between them, but not now. Once again, she was alone.

A muffled crash from the outer rooms startled her, and immediately Mara was fully awake. Mara assumed it was Talon, returning. She should tell him of her plans. Or perhaps it would be better just to leave in the morning, without a word? It would certainly be easier. As Mara was weighing up the options, another crash sounded in her ears, followed by several loud thumps. Mara jumped out of bed. Like her, Karrde never drank alcohol, it was unusual for him to be so clumsy. Without bothering to change out of her sleep clothes, Mara made her way into the living room.

She was greeted by the unfamiliar sight of three large, burly men scattered throughout the apartment, knocking over furniture, riffling through the drawers and consoles. Searching for something, it seemed. Her assassin?s instincts failed her, and she was slow to react, so thrown off guard by the shock of their presence. One of the men, seemingly the leader with dark, dirty hair, black eyes and stocky stature, noticed her.

She immediately struck the man closest to her, the blonde, with a well-aimed punch that sent him sprawling. The other two ran towards her immediately, the swarthy, smaller one pulling a vibroblade from his belt. Without thinking, Mara ducked his swipe and took him out by the legs. He toppled hard to the ground, groaning in pain.

The third man, the leader, proved more difficult, for he did not immediately attack her, and Mara was too groggy and tired to make a successful assault on him.

?What have we here?? He spoke in a low, accented voice which she recognised as native to Oon Tiel. They circled each other and he gave her a predatory grin. ?We thought all of you offworlders,? he spat out the word distastefully; ?had been taken care of downstairs?.

Fear struck Mara?s heart. What had happened at the reception? What had happened to Talon? All anger at him was forgotten as the thought of losing him almost paralysed her.

?Can?t say I?m disappointed,? the man continued savagely, raking his eyes across her. ?Only fair that I get to have me some fun, too.?

This caused Mara to launch at herself at him without thinking, catching him around the middle and sending them both to the floor. They tussled for several moments ? he was strong and soon was able to throw Mara onto her back painfully. He loomed over her, holding her arms down flat against the floor as he drew a sharp and an
  24. Dunc T'racen Force Ghost

star 3
    Now that's just cruel!

Erm. I've been lurking. Hi. :)
  25. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    :eek:

AAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn the time difference!! What a post to read right before going to bed!!!!!!

JL.........

More coherant response tomorrow...promise!

For now, just...wow....wow.

Yeah.

ETA (12/22): Holy Moly, I'm still....just in shock! I can't believe you did it! Mara is just going to go off the deep end. Luke is the ONLY one who can reach her now...but I'm sure that'll take plenty of time, and a lot of angst! Great, great chapter--excellent job! =D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade