Beyond Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    YES! Yes yes yes yes! An update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOk! My day is made! Despite the fact its 1:40 in the morning and I have class at 9...WOOT! That was absolutely wonderful...I'm stunned that mara would be so open and honest, and a bit saddened that Luke didn't instantly have it all rush back and BAM--MUSH! But then we wouldn't have a story, would we?

Can't wait for more (as usual!) So happpy!!!!

Huggles!
    [face_good_luck] Irish
  2. Feng_Huang Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_love] Great to see this updated! And Luke, what a piece of work. Very real.
  3. JediMike2372 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Wonderful. Love Han and Mara's talk at the end. Talk about saying what you want to say without saying it. Look forward to more.
  4. ccp Force Ghost

star 4
    He didn?t think he would have to get any more involved with this one ? he could just sit back and watch it all unfold
    I do so love a pot stirrer.
  5. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, you know I always love seeing you back on the boards, gal! And with such a great update to boot! Poor Luke. He was so hurt by Mara, that he's just not willing to open himself up to her--and I can't say that I blame him. She really did a number on his head and his heart. But I think she's sincere in her apology and in the fact that she still loves him. Han's 'pep-talk' is sure to help. Can't wait for more, lady! :D
  6. Darth_Drachonus Force Ghost

star 3
    It's taken me a couple of days, but I've managed to read through this and would like to be added to the update list please.
  7. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Very nice update! :D Painful and awkward as it was, I really liked the Luke/Mara confrontation. Good for Mara for getting her act together, but you can't blame Luke for one bit for his standoffishness. The fact that they don't immediately reconcile makes the situation feel very real and believable.

Great job, as always! =D=

Good to see you back! [:D]

8. JEDIFLYSWATTER Force Ghost

star 3
    So glad to hear from you! Missed you. I can really understand Luke's reaction to Mara just showing up just as suddenly as she disappeared. He handled it very well but I can not think that he slept to well that night. Han's reaction to her was very interesting. He seemed to want to keep the door open between the two of them in order to possibly be the voice of reason. Leia on the other hand will be a very tough sell. I agree with what Mara said about Leia wanting to run her lightsaber though her. Leia does love her brother and has always been the self proclaimed protector of her family. Great job and thanks.@};-
  9. Zardi Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just discovered this yesterday and stayed up way past my bed time reading the first 20 or so chapters. I've just finished, and I must say that I'm impressed with how you've kept everyone in character in such an unusual scenario. I wonder how in the world Luke and Mara could get back together now that Luke no longer trusts her (and for good reason). I look forward to seeing how you handle that :DCould you please add me to your PM list?
  10. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    woot, update!!

I can see both sides here, but really, these two should just talk!!!
  11. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Woot! Outstanding update!!!! I'm so glad to see Mara with her life back together. Nobody writes L/M like you master!

Bravo! =D= =D=
  12. kaerin Jedi Padawan

I usually check the TFN forums every few months and search out those new, rare, good stories. This is one of them, and I really loved it so far.

Please put me on the PM list for this one, I don't want to miss out on new updates for this one.

Keep up the good work! :)
    (And hopefully update soon)

Edit: And also, I really think you hit the nail with your portrayal of Maras addiction and her consequent fight with it. I can very much relate to some of that, and I think you did a really good job at it. Even though it's very much AU and OOC from a canon standpoint, you do an awfully good job at staying close to, or rather within, the boundaries you set for this story. Like it very much :)
  13. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY! An update!!! YAY!
  14. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    JL, amazing update to say the least. I always get blown away by your writing and character portrayals. The emotions were really alive here and seemed to spark off my monitor. I am relieved that Mara is leading a healthier lifestyle. And Luke... wow.

It was then that his sense of compassion revealed itself. He reminded himself that he had forgiven others for their faults and actions ? even when it had hurt him deeply. Forgiveness was always something that as a Jedi, he should be willing and able to grant.

This portion really struck my heart. You know these characters inside and out. I also enjoyed the scene with Han and Mara. I think Han wasn't strictly talking about persevering with her company... They have a great dynamic to their friendship.

What else can I say? Except - you rock the keyboard! :D=D=
  15. Jade_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, I can honestly say that I do not know where to start with this post. This story is just full of so many angsty things, I'll probably be making random comments in later replies. ;)

First of all, I can't believe you killed Karrde! :mad: But it really pushed the story forward, and the way you show Mara's issues over it is just heartwrenching. The way she uses Luke, I knew things were going to end badly, but MAN! Luke is one tortured character in this story.

When she tells him about sleeping with Lando, and he tells her to get out, that stabbed at my heart so hard, it almost seemed like I had to take a moment to come to terms with that before I could continue reading. It's not like Luke to be that harsh, but at the same time, you know he has every right to be.

After he finds out about Mara's addiction and swears to help but not let her in his heart again, but then he does, and she leaves AGAIN! I wanted to scream at Mara, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HIM!!!"

It's hard to imagine that they aren't going to get back together now, but at the same time, it's difficult to see how. He opened his heart to her three times and has been hurt badly each time. How can he open up to her again? It's like Mara missed her chance.

So many questions, and not enough posts yet to answer them! ;) Cannot wait for the next one. :D
  16. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    A wonderful saga of a story. Full of wonderful angst, the kind that makes you flinch but still draws you in and makes you want to read more. The characterization of Mara, in particular, is spot on, you really captured Mara's contradictory character; the desire for independence vs the need for redemption, the anger vs the love; the way she can take Luke down a peg or two but still see him as the better person. That is why I love her complex character so much in canon and why I love the way you have written her here.

Serious, real note: A wanted also to commend you on your accurate description of addiction, I've seen a friend go down this pathway a few years ago and your description fits perfectly; the self-loathing, the lies, the desperation to get better but unsure of where to start. End serious, real note.

Could I please jump on the update list?
  17. Blue_Milkshake Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm so happy that I noticed your September update![face_dancing]

Loved Han & Mara's conversation...

Han nodded. ?It?s difficult, after being away so long to break back into the market. It takes a lot of work.?
    ?I know,? Mara agreed, and picked up her drink again. ?But the reward is worth the effort.?
    Han chose his words carefully. ?You might expect some strong resistance, at first,? he told her. ?But perseverance is the most important thing. You?ll be fine, Jade.?
    Mara almost smiled, and nodded in thanks.

18. wbsaw Jedi Knight

star 1
    up---
    before it gets lost...

Real update soon???
  19. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Awesome! Thanks for updating. After the Legacy of the Force books it is nice to see Luke and Mara together... even if it is just angst right now.

I am hoping for a happy ending. :)

AG88
  20. wbsaw Jedi Knight

star 1
    Up;
    up..Before its gets lost

UPdate???...

please???
  21. wbsaw Jedi Knight

star 1
    Finally read the entire story..

Could I get the Bonus PM chapter from Chap 16??
  22. JediMike2372 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Please update. Please, please, please. [face_praying]

Oh, and I didn't know that there was a bonus update to chapter 16. Could I get that?
  23. Mirax_Corran Force Ghost

star 4
    I just recently marathon-read this entire thing, and I've really enjoyed it. It's a side of Mara I've never really seen explored before and it's very interesting, not to mention well-written. I love your interpretation of Han, and the way he checked up on what Mara was drinking was quite clever.

Also, I'd love to be on the PM list!

Thanks!
  24. EmperorFel Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Ditto to the above poster. I too finished marathon reading this. Would we be expecting an update... ever?

25. JediLuminaraUnduli Jedi Master

star 2
    Moi aussi.

I just finished reading all 31 pages of this, and I find it quite interesting, as well as extremely well written.

Could I be added to the PM list as well too, please? :]

An update?.. :D

-M
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade