Beyond Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JordanCHFel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ditto to all the above....I would love an update and love to be put on the PM list...if you are planing on continuing....I hope so because my favorite story just crashed so I am upset!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Jetta Jedi Knight

star 1
    Missing this story! :_|
  3. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    I second, third, and fourth that! [face_laugh]

@};- :* :* JL & RG -- the inventor of my SQUEEEEEEE! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I need me some mush to fuel my own muse in another fandom LOL My love for a particular pairing is also insatiable :D *indicates sig*

4. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Just checking in to see any updates... *hint hint*

I know, I know...JL... I'm not one to talk. Nonetheless I do miss this wonderful tale. ;)
  5. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    Second the above but also using this moment to procrastinate from my own stories :)

6. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    *bump bump bump* I miss this!!! :) huggles!
  7. Mondra Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been up for half of the night reading your story and not studying for my exams... Please, finish it!
  8. Irish_Jedi_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Bump Bump!!! Miss this lovely and amazing story!!!!!!

Huggles,
    [face_good_luck] Irish
  9. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just re-read this story, still love it...please, please let us know if you are going to finish this fantastic story [face_praying]
  10. 1drifter Jedi Padawan

Hey. I'm new to these parts. Every once and a while a search the internet for new and interesting Luke/Mara fics when I came across this one and just started reading. It is a fantastic read.
    Is it still possible to see the bonus chapter between 16 and 17?
  11. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    The best thing to do is PM JadeLotus and ask, though don't bug her if she doesn't answer... just do it by constantly upping her story like I do :D

Come to think of it...can I get the bonus chapter between 16 and 17? Please? :)
  12. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi all - thanks for all of the lovely comments. I do hope to finish this fic, and am working on an update.

I also hope to locate the bonus chapter and send to all those who have asked for it.

13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
  14. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Great to hear you plan to continue with this. :D [face_dancing]

Can I, please have a copy of the bonus chapter? Pretty please?
  15. Piper057 Jedi Knight

star 2
    And me, please?
    You're an awesome writer, so glad to see you here! @};-
  16. Atlasina7 Jedi Padawan

I just found this story yesterday and set off on a marathon reading session, staying up late to read it & finishing it this am. Very, very nice. Can you still send out your bonus chapters? If so, I'm definitely interested in receiving them.

Back to the story: I feel so bad for Luke and Mara. How many times can he take her leaving him? I'm not sure if I would give someone one more chance to break my heart. But then, I am not a Jedi.
  17. AniriRevan Force Ghost

star 1
    Hi! I'd like any bonus chapters available as well! Thanks for a great story and I hope you will update it!
  18. Bianka_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 1
    Hadn't thought of this story in awhile! I'm glad you're working on it JL. I can't wait for an update!
  19. Paige Jedi Grand Master

20. Wifflesnip Jedi Knight

star 2
    *Takes a deep breath* YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...*runs out of breath and faints*

Seriously though, this is awesome news, can't wait for a new chapter, good luck with the writing :D
  21. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks all :) Bonus chapter PMs should be on their way to those who have requested them. Please let me know if I have accidently missed you.

I have also not sent out PM updates - apologies. I have lost the list and as it has been so long since I last updated I am unsure who is still reading.

To those you are still reading, you have my thanks and I certainly hope it is worth the wait. The fic is almost complete.

Chapter 29

The solemn grounds of Coruscant?s Memorial Park contained rows and rows of monuments to the dead. Many of the small, compact boxes in the high marble walls had plants growing out of them, holos of family, or flowers placed next to the plaques. But the one Mara Jade had come to see was blank, apart from the name printed into the metal. Talon Karrde.

It was the way he would have wanted it ? to Mara the uncluttered plaque did not represent neglect of his memory, because she kept that with her always. Karrde would have found flowers and sentiment worthless ? it was how she remembered him that mattered. She no longer made herself forget ? she accepted the pain his loss had caused her, and continued to cause her. But she also remembered the good times they had shared together, and the role he?d had in shaping her life. Because while Luke had finally helped her break free from the Emperor?s hold on her, it had been Talon who had ensured she?d been open enough to let Luke help her at all. Without Talon, she wouldn?t have given a second thought to murdering Luke the moment she?d come into contact within him. It was the loyalty Talon had inspired in her which had stayed her hand, the difference in view point he had exposed her to which meant she was finally able to accept Luke?s account of the Emperor?s death as the truth.

It was funny, really, she considered, that she?d always thought of herself supremely independent and yet three men had utterly shaped her life. It had really only been in the past few years, out on the ?Rim, that she?s really been her own woman. She?d had the clarity of distance, enough to come to understand that while she could exist completely on her own, she no longer wanted to. And it was her decision, with no influence from any of those three men who had so influenced all of her decisions before.

Mara traced the letters of Talon?s name, but her reverie was broken by the sound of approaching footsteps. She did not turn, but soon a familiar form appeared in her peripheral vision.

?Hello Lando,? she greeted him evenly.

?Mara,? he nodded. She risked a glance at him and saw that he regarded her thoughtfully, with no trace of his usual charming smile. He cleared his throat and looked towards Talon?s plaque. ?I was walking past...? he started to explain, but trailed off somewhat lamely. ?How are you?? he asked seriously.

?Fine...good,? she corrected herself. ?Yourself?? She cringed inwardly at the stilted conversation.

?I am doing very well, thank you? he replied, unusually formal. There was a long pause before he added; ?I got out of Kessel.?

?Oh.? She had, of course, severed their business relationship, and hoped that he had not suffered because of that.

?Turned out not to be profitable enough,? Lando continued, perhaps sensing her discomfort. ?At least through legal channels.?

?Oh.? She wasn?t sure what else to say.

?Always looking into new ventures, though? he turned back to her, smiling. ?Maybe some real estate.?

?I?m sorry things didn?t work out,? Mara told him, knowing he would understand her meaning. ?I am.?

?Hey,? he grinned, showing the white flash of his teeth. ?You win some, you lose some. I?m just glad you sorted everything out. You look good, Mara,? he added.

She finally returned his smile, feeling more at ease. ?I would say the same to you, but I see you still favour those ridiculous capes,? she teased.

He swished the ends of his cape dramatically and laughed. ?I would take offence, my dear, were you not sporting what I/>
  22. Piper057 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Incredibly beautiful and so sad...
    Huge thanks for PM chapter.@};-
  23. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    JadeLotus, I'm so happy to see you writing again, and I'm thrilled this incredible story is back.

She?d thought she?d had a handle on her emotions, had learned to cope with the foreign concept of unrequited love, but she had realised that loving someone from afar and knowing that they could not be together was quite different from being in the same city as someone you loved, knowing that they wanted nothing to do with you. She had underestimated the pain such proximity could cause.

Beautiful- Mara has come to terms with what she's done, who she's hurt, and she's trying to rebuild the relationships that her addiction destroyed. She's finally her own person.

I like that you had her return the lightsaber - "that symbol of redemption." She knows that she can redeem herself. Now if she and Luke resume their relationship, it will be completely as equals.

Edit: and thank you, thank you, for letting Ghent grow up.[:D]
  24. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    And the crowd goes wild: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! So great to be reading this story again. Trying hard not to squee!

Bravo! =D=
  25. JediMike2372 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Glad to see this one back. I was missing it along with everyone else. I like that you have Mara making peace with herself and everyone else. And Luke seems to be in the process of forgiving Mara. Cant wait to read more. Oh, could I get the chapter that wasn't posted here? And if you could add me to your PM list please.

Can't wait to read more.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade