Beyond Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4
    Bianka_Kenobi ? Thank you!
    Oh man, what a mess...much angst to follow I'm sure.
    Oh, yes. Angst galore. My apologies ;)

Jade_eyes ? Thanks!
    Mara needing a drink "to calm her nerves", that had me worried. You can't stay numb forever.
    Yes, she?s fallen into the trap of using it in all of the wrong ways.
    Using Luke's desire in that way--was it only just an escape like the drink, or a subconscious fulfilling of her own dreams?
    [face_thinking] You have to think, why Luke? She could have picked up anyone in that bar, or left his apartment during the day. But she stayed and made a sober (albiet addiction-fuelled) decision to be with him. I think that says at least something to where her feelings are...

RedGold - She doesn't have the best track record when it comes to intimate relations, esp when she's got the itch going for drink or spice... I'm so worry about Luke now. She used him, though he was willing, but she still used him.
    *nods* It's not an easy position for either of them to be in, especially since Luke doesn't know what he's getting into. Love the new icon, btw! It's strange to see you without the cool circle symbol you had. :D

academygrad88 - Thank you!
    I hope this isn't just a one night stand for Mara. That would break the Farmboy's heart.
    Do you think she'll be able to resist him now she's had a taste? ;)
    You know, I was thinking about Luke's little slip where he says Talon is very perceptive.
    Oh, please tell me that the NR faked Talon's death because they knew there was a contract on his life.
    How did they do that? Ummm... maybe they grew a clone and ummm... maybe they put ysalamiri around the real Talon so Mara couldn't sense him.

Great theory! But...no, Talon's gone...for the most part... [face_mischief]

MirandaFair - Thank you :)
    Her search for the drink and "stumbling" over Luke's dream was brilliant! I knew if she wasn't going to get her fix one way, she'd go another route. Feel so sad for Luke though (even though he was willing), being used like that.
    She is getting desperate and it is while she may have been apprehensive of Luke's attentions in the earlier chapters, the situation has gotten to the point where she only seems to be thinking of herself and her addiction. It is sad to think that Luke didn't really know what he was consenting to when he slept with her...but I digress..
    Congrats on your noms!
    Thanks - same to you!

Jedi Trace - Thanks!
    You did a fabulous job portraying Mara's 'need' for a fix and then her denial that she needed it. It was completely believable that she would fall back into old addictive patterns when in so much pain.
    I don't have first-hand experience with that kind of addiction, but I know some people it has happened to. I'm glad it seemed realistic!
    And congratulations on the noms!
    Thank you - yours too! :)

StarFighter5 - Thank you!
    Mara's not going to be able to walk away from Luke that easily, not like she did with the other men she distracted herself with.
    Yes, he would be the complete opposite of the other men she's been with - he is looking for more than just the physical with her. Thanks for reading!

Jetta - Thanks!
    Mara, girl, what are you thinking? He was the perfect thing to cure all past issues and problems.
    Now that Talon is gone, he does seem to be the only cantidate to help her, although whether she will let him is another matter... Thanks for the reply!

jade51999 - She's falling back into the cycle--like in the first post--the alcohol, the sex...and i bet the spice will come next...
    Hehe. Very perceptive! [face_whistling] Thanks for reading!

AvenKiel - WHAT?!! that's .... interesting.... This is getting really complicated!
    There's more twists to come, rest assured ;) Thanks for reading!

RebelMom - Unfortunately, Mara has to make the decision to get out of it and I don't see
  2. JadeLotus Force Ghost

star 4

A huge thanks to the wonderful ginchy who betaed this within hours of me sending it to her. [:D]

Chapter 8

?You slept with her?? Han stared at him with a mixture of astonishment and unabashed pride. ?I always knew you had it in ya, kid,? He chuckled and leaned back on Luke?s couch, obviously pleased.

?Han, she used me.? The words stung at Luke?s heart, but he couldn?t deny their truth. When he had woken without her after their night together, Luke had reached out for her presence, only to find the way blocked. She had allowed in the past few years the opening up of a tentative connection through the Force, but now her barriers were tighter than they had ever been. At first Luke had worried she had returned to the bar he?d found her in and had scoured Coruscant?s underground to no success. Eventually he had learned that the Hunter?s Luck, her current ship, had gained clearance and left in the early morning. She?d run away.

??men who would give their right eye to be used by Mara Jade,? Han was saying. Luke snapped back to attention and gave him an exasperated look. Couldn?t he see how serious the situation was? ?Alright, alright,? Han raised his hands in mock defeat. ?I get it.? He stood up slowly and made his way to Luke?s kitchen.

Luke didn?t follow him, but remained sprawled in the armchair where Han had found him earlier. He hadn?t left the spot for two days. Too many questions burned in his mind, too much hurt shifted inside of him to even bother about completing the work he?d come to Coruscant especially to complete. There were meetings he had to organise, people he had to see, an entire list of Academy business Tionne had marked out for him, but he had postponed it all. It wasn?t like him, Luke knew, to just push everything aside like that, but his heart and mind were utterly confused.

Hadn?t Mara come on to him, hadn?t she all but demanded that he make love to her? Images and sounds of their night together continued to surface, tormenting him with their intensity. Luke had thought, holding her close in his arms, in his bed, that he had finally broken through to Mara, to the woman underneath that he so desperately wanted to know. Obviously, he had been wrong, and the misjudgment had cost him dearly.

?Can?t actually say I?m surprised,? Han returned holding two cups of caf , one of which he handed to Luke before taking his former position on the couch.

Luke took a sip of caf and blanched. Han had obviously laced it strongly with Corellian whiskey. ?Not surprised?? He set the caf down and glared at his brother-in-law accusingly. ?What, that women flee after spending one night in my company?? Luke was tired, he was irritable, and he just couldn?t humour Han?s insensitivity at the moment.

?Oh, so you?re going to be moody, then?? Han smiled indulgently. ?A spectacular return to form after the calm Jedi Master act you?ve been putting on, kid.?

Luke bristled at the words and was about to offer a harsh retort when suddenly he was reminded of a very similar situation, not a decade ago. It was after a rather passionate but short-lived relationship he?d had with a hyperdrive mechanic, shortly before the Rebellion?s settlement on Hoth. Luke had cared about her but it had ended badly, which had resulted in Han, once again, coming to his rescue, ready to offer comfort and advice.

He was being moody, Luke realised, just as he had been then. Maybe he had a right to be angry, to be upset, but not to take it out on his friend. Though Han had most likely been sent on Leia?s orders, Luke did not doubt that the Corellian would have come to him in any event. And he was trying to help.

?Look, Luke,? Han broke the silence and lent forward towards him, suddenly serious. ?You have to understand that not everyone thinks the way that you do. What you and Mara shared?you saw it as the beginning of something, but for some people it?s just an easy release. Something to fill the void.?

I/>
  3. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    â??That and she might feel honour bound to seek Mara out and cause her serious bodily harm,â?? he raised a playful eyebrow at Luke.

Yup. That's Leia alright.[face_peace] I'd feel honor bound to cause serious harm to anyone who did that to my brother. No using the only brother. Nope Nope.

yay! Mara regrets! Now use that emotion and go get yourself some--- Skywalker. [face_mischief] It cures all.

Eeek. I wonder what Luke will think when he finds out she slept with one of his good friends?
  4. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Han is awesome as usual! Luke is pretty much fallen completely for Mara, he's barely an inch above main impact!

And eek! Mara! What have you done!!!
  5. Golden_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooooh, Luke is gonna flip when he founds out!
  6. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    Great update!!!!! Han's advice was perfect. I can see that Luke's totally confused, because he wants Mara to react like other women he's known, but she's not like any of them, and that's exactly a great deal of her attraction. Love how Luke and Mara both can't get the other out of their heads. [face_laugh] But, argh, double sized. I think Mara really bought even more trouble. What if she has two guys hopelessly mad for her? Now she's got even more to feel guilty about, more to try to heal relationship wise, as in staying friends with Lando, and hopefully--becoming life-mates with Luke. [face_worried] It's even more complicated now, because after the fact, Mara might be realizing she is more emotionally bonded to Luke than she thought, but she probably thinks she's burned that bridge. On a totally side note: now you really will have the rep of teaming Mara with Lando. [face_mischief] ;)
  7. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, no! First Luke, then Lando have been used by Mara. Wow, they'll both need comforting. I think I could volunteer for that work-detail....:D

Great chapter, lady! I love how Mara seems to have feelings for our favorite farmboy, but is so unsure. Poor thing, with her addictions. It can't be comforting to allow yourself to sink to a level where you can't remember anything.

And Han was great. Loved how he is willing to risk Leia's wrath to keep Luke's secret.

I can't wait for more! Send it when you have it ready, and thanks! [:D]
  8. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh, you are evil JL!!![face_devil]

I guess I am not a woman like Mara, then. :p

Lando slipped her a roofie!!!!:eek: Could Lando be so sleezy to get a girl drunk or drugged to have sex with them? [face_thinking] Ummm... maybe.

HA!! It is not going to work, Mara! Once you had a taste of the Farmboy there is no going back. I wonder who's name she screamed out when she was knocking boots with Lando. :p

Oh this is going to kill Luke. It is bad enough that she slept with another man, but with Lando!?! Lando is Luke's friend, but he is also such a player. I think Luke could forgive her for being with somebody else, after all they are not in a committed relationship, but this will just reinforce Luke's belief that Mara was using him.

Is she now using sex as the stimulant to replace spice? Is she becoming a sex addict? I wonder if they have a patch for that type of addiction, sort of like the smoking patch?[face_thinking]

You screwed up, Jade!! That is what you did!! You need to kick Lando out of your bed, scrub the stench of his colonge off your body, and go crawling back to Luke on your hands and knees and ask for forgiveness!!

This was an evil post, JL!!

Great job!!

AG88

9. ThePariah Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!! Mara the nymphomaniac! And with Lando!!! :eek:

Everyone duck and cover from the incoming angst nukes! :_| :p [face_laugh]
  10. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    :eek: Aaaaargh!!!!!! *Looks again* Aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
  11. Feng_Huang Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_shame_on_you] Mara, Mara, you screwed up. Big time...

but I bet there will be a few volunteers to comfort poor Luke:p.

Oh, man, I'm actually scared to read the next chapters
  12. MirandaFair Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh no, you didn't!!!

*rereads*

You DID! [face_hypnotized]

Positively E-V-I-L! [face_devil] ... I love it! *snickers* [face_batting]

*buckles in*

All hell is going to break loose now.
    Bring it on, JL! =D= Must have more soon. [face_praying]

=D=

edit: Knew I forgot something...I'm thinking along the lines of what AG88 said. Lando, slipping something into Mara's drink? Holy Moo Cow.:oops:
  13. jade51999 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whoa

WHAT! That's just...wrong! LANDO!!!!

Ugh..I hope not..seriously.. I really really hope that's a feint/evil cliffie.

Otherwise, great convo between Han/Luke.
  14. StarFighter5 Force Ghost

star 4
    I just keep seeing Mara going back to the spice and Luke finding her overdosing or something else equally bad.

And now Lando?:eek:Despite Mara's current promiscuous behavior Lando did take advantage of her.
  15. AvenKiel Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh.....Dude. That is not cool. Mara's really gonna catch it for this one!

More soon please!
  16. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    ?You slept with her?? Han stared at him with a mixture of astonishment and unabashed pride. ?I always knew you had it in ya, kid,?

Honestly, I laughed out loud! That is SO HAN! I can just see that crooked grin. You have caught both characterizations perfectly.

=D= That conversation between Luke and Han was perfect. They sound like guys who have known each other for years. You just know that Luke comes over on Sundays and they crack open the ales and watch the game and put their feet up on Leia's furniture. There's such a realistic sense of understanding in this scene.

Did he expect her to just throw off every self-preserving urge in her body and give her heart to him willingly? It sounded ludicrous from the Mara he knew, but then again, the Mara he knew wouldn?t have thrown herself at him in the way that she had. The real question he had to ask himself was; did he know Mara at all?

[face_dancing] That's exactly it! Love how the understanding dawns.

...the strangeness of the feeling. It didn?t feel like Luke beside her, it didn?t smell like Luke?s bed, that strange mixture of warm sand and clean, fresh air. Something was different?something was wrong.

[face_love] Honey, if you wake up somewhere and it feels wrong because it isn't Luke's bed...well, put it together, girlfriend.

Wonderful story, superbly written. =D=
  17. Ariapaige Jedi Knight

star 2
    indeed, what has she done! and with Lando, of all people!

poor Luke. it's lucky he's got friends like Han, though. Han is awesome.

;) paige
  18. Saria_Raide Jedi Knight

star 1
    There is no one quite like Han. He's a Hell of a guy!

*Happy Dance*

Go Han, it's your birthday! Uh, huh, uh, huh, uh, huh!!!!
  19. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great interaction between Han and Luke. Han is a smart one.

I thought Mara was going to wake up with a stranger. Didn't have a clue it would be Lando.
  20. Anakins_Force Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh wow. Didn't see that coming--like your vig, lol.

Poor Luke--he really thought he and Mara had something started. And it seems like Mara was afraid of that too! Hopefully they can get their act together.

I really feel for Mara--she's been through so much, and she's come so far. But she still needs someone to be patient with her, and I think Luke can do that.

Great update!
  21. Bianka_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 1
    Wow, Lando is so sleazy. Geez! Awww, maybe he was drunk too. I like this turn of events though, I forgot Lando was going to be involved in the story. I have a feeling this is going to get worse before it gets better; we haven't seen Mara's return to spice and I feel it's inevitable [face_worried]
  22. Jetta Jedi Knight

star 1
    By the Force, what had she done?

Indeed. Reality sinks in and it's never kind. Wait till Luke finds out. Wonder if he'll go all Sith on Lando. [face_thinking] And Lando -- Luke won't be the only other person going after him if he did put something into Mara's beverage. [face_worried]
    Fab chapter! The angst meter is up and running. =D=
  23. jedi7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Where 'O'where are those mind healers when we need them. Or just a [face_thinking] little bit more Skywalker might just put Jade back on the right track.;) 7
  24. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    Wait, now that I've had time to think about this...

Are you going after my Queen of Evil Cliffie's title???

Because you're giving me a run for my money!!

*must think of evil things to do in Bearing and Path now...*
  25. Maul Brady Jedi Master

star 4
    God, I love procrastinatng.

Please add me to your PM list! Im looooovin' this story.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade