main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    Oh no JadeLotus, you have provoked RedGold. Good job. javascript:fnMarkupFace('doh!');

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    SpiritofEowyn - Yup. That's Leia alright. I'd feel honor bound to cause serious harm to anyone who did that to my brother. No using the only brother.
    I think Mara would really have something to fear from Leia if she found out, that's for sure!
    I wonder what Luke will think when he finds out she slept with one of his good friends?
    Assuming he does find out, that is. I'm sure Mara will try her best to keep it from him...
    Thanks for reading!

RedGold - Thank you! I'm always a bit nervous writing Han.
    Are you going after my Queen of Evil Cliffie's title??? Because you're giving me a run for my money!!
    Hehe...I did learn from the master... *bows*
    *must think of evil things to do in Bearing and Path now...*
    [Vader] Nooooooooooo! [/Vader]

Golden_Jedi - Ooooh, Luke is gonna flip when he founds out!
    Lando's not exactly adverse to bragging, is he? He might let it slip to Luke, and then they'll be hell to pay ;)

Jade_eyes - I can see that Luke's totally confused, because he wants Mara to react like other women he's known, but she's not like any of them, and that's exactly a great deal of her attraction.
    Excatly! Double-edged sword...
    Now she's got even more to feel guilty about, more to try to heal relationship wise, as in staying friends with Lando, and hopefully--becoming life-mates with Luke.
    *nods* She's got so much on her plate...the question is whether she can handle it all. All of her actiosn seem to only sink her deeper into trouble..
    On a totally side note: now you really will have the rep of teaming Mara with Lando.
    [face_laugh] I know! How did that happen? Hehe...

ginchy - First Luke, then Lando have been used by Mara. Wow, they'll both need comforting. I think I could volunteer for that work-detail....
    Hehe - get in line, girl ;)
    And Han was great. Loved how he is willing to risk Leia's wrath to keep Luke's secret.
    He's a sweetie, all right [face_love] I do like to showcase their friendship a bit - it's pretty much ignored or mistreated in the profic.

academygrad88 - Oh, you are evil JL!!!
    *cackles* [face_devil]
    Lando slipped her a roofie!!!! Could Lando be so sleezy to get a girl drunk or drugged to have sex with them? Ummm... maybe.
    Don't worry, Lando's not a date rapist. It was more the fact that Mara didn't really want to remember what happened, if you get me...whereas her night with Luke was imprinted firmly in her mind ;)
    Once you had a taste of the Farmboy there is no going back. I wonder who's name she screamed out when she was knocking boots with Lando.
    [face_laugh] I wonder....
    It is bad enough that she slept with another man, but with Lando!?! Lando is Luke's friend, but he is also such a player.
    *nods* We know how antsy Luke got over Lando in the profic - and that was when he hadn't even kissed Mara! Knowing she'd gone from him to Lando would just make him flip his lid.
    Is she now using sex as the stimulant to replace spice? Is she becoming a sex addict?
    Hehe... I have to keep secret further plot twists, methinks... [face_whistling]

ThePariah - OMG!! Mara the nymphomaniac! And with Lando!!!
    Shocking, isn't it? :p Now if only Luke would be willing to give her treatment, that's another matter...
    Everyone duck and cover from the incoming angst nukes!
    Hey! You're scaring away all my readers! ;)

Jaira - Aaaaargh!!!!!! *Looks again* Aaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
    :D *whispers* It's safe to look now...

Feng_Huang - but I bet there will be a few volunteers to comfort poor Luke
    I think we'd have to auction off the privilege of comforting Luke - that's a sure money-maker :p
    Oh, man, I'm actually scared to read the next chapters
    I don't blame you!

MirandaFair - Oh no, you didn't!!!
    *rereads*
    You DID!
    Positively E-V-I-L! ... I love it! *snickers*

3. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Chapter 9

There was no doubting that Lando Calrissian was an extremely happy man. He was beginning to think that his attentions to Mara Jade would never pay off ? she was the only woman who had eluded his advances, once he had set his sights on her. For months now Lando?s affection had diminished into a light teasing, because while it seemed to annoy her, she tolerated it good-humouredly. It made their business relationship a bit more palatable, a bit more exciting. He had never expected her to actually respond, although he was exceptionally pleased she had.

The feeling was akin to winning an especially difficult hand of Sabacc, albeit more on pure luck than on any slick operation on his part. She had come to see him on Kessel for a long-due business meeting, and he had been pleased when she had accepted the strong brandy he offered her. He hadn?t forgotten that Talon?s death would still be fresh in her mind and in Lando?s experience it was the best way to calm nerves.

He hadn?t brought it up; since Lando was sure the subject was still too painful for her. They all had liked Karrde; he had been a kind, decent man, and a damn good smuggler. It was a great loss to their industry, and Lando mourned him deeply, although he would never admit it to Mara. He had instead tried to talk business, but Mara seemed preoccupied, often lapsing into silence, and then studying his features intently as he tried to keep her entertained. But she had suddenly thrown herself at him and that had been the end of it.

Of course, she had been rather drunk at that stage, but Lando wouldn?t let that small fact dampen his mood. After all, a woman like Mara Jade didn?t allow herself to get drunk if she didn?t want to, and he had never seen her vulnerable. She was the last woman in the galaxy that would let herself be taken advantage of.

No, he was assuredly convinced that he?d won Mara Jade?s complete and unequivocal affection.

Calrissian was driving her insane. He kept flitting about her, twirling his moustache, swinging his cape around when he walked and throwing her continuous, self-important grins. That and she was certain he was leering at her every time she wasn't looking, now that he knew what exactly was underneath her clothes.

It was at the very least distracting and at the worst, provoking her to consider a relapse to her assassination days.

Mara tried in vain to concentrate on the expenditure reports that had been shamefully neglected. Lando had a keen head for business, but all too often he delegated the more the tedious jobs out to their workers, some of whom appeared to be underqualified in this particular area. She sighed, concentrating on the numbers, mentally calculating them, trying to find a solution that was efficient and conceivable.

But she lost count as Lando appeared at her side and gave her an affectionate nip on the ear. Mara recoiled immediately, sending him a venomous look. Rather than be affronted, Lando simply smiled and sat back against her desk, his ostentatious cape obscuring the datapad she had been working on.

?Come now, Mara,? he admonished her. ?You?ve been working all day, surely you need a break,? he grinned foolishly. ?I?m sure I can think of a way to get your mind off things.?

Mara felt her gut twist at his words, but she quelled the urge to cause him physical harm. ?If you?d kept you mind on these figures I wouldn?t have to be working like this,? she snapped.

Lando was unperturbed, he gave her an indulgent look and patted her thigh. ?You really should let the administrator I hired handle that,? he said. ?He came with very good recommendations.?

Mara snorted. ?From where, the Sabacc table??

?Anyway,? Lando changed the subject very quickly. ?I really do believe we can occupy ourselves with more appealing matters, my dear,? his hand crept lithely up her thigh, and he moved to kneel beside her. He began to kiss her neck and Mara didn?t immediately pull away. She had been excessively cold to h

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    LOVED the chapter, but you know that!

Poor Mara, poor Lando, poor Luke, and poor Tanner!

I like Tanner, btw.

You know I can't wait for more, gal!

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Yeah, you're after my title alright... *wimpers*

I can see Lando's point, after all, Mara is such a strong willed person who kept her 'problems' secret from everyone else. She wouldn't let herself be taken advantage of, or you would think so.

She's really screwed everything up, and it's just going to get worse now that she's going back to the spice.

ARGH!

Update soon or I'll... um... do something very evil...

*is supposed to be in bed*

6. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This does not look good for Mara.
    Great post!

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    [face_worried] Aaaaah, she's messing with everything, isn't she?

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yup, Tanner is pretty cool. :) But Mara should not be playing with fire...this can only end in tears.

9. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Arrrggghhhh.... the angst, the angst!!! I can't take it!!

Don't do it Mara!! Don't take the spice!! That is not the answer. If you want to self-medicate, what you need is a big dose of Farmboy!! That is what the doctor recommends. :p

AG88

10. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Great fic...Well written, too.

I love your Mara; you depict her very realistically - as a real human being who makes mistakes.

I can't wait to see where this is going.

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Mara is crashing and burning. She didn't end things with Lando too smoothly, did she?

I work with a guy named Tanner. This is going to be weird...:rolleyes:

12. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Ah, Dang.

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    And her hole keeps getting deeper and deeper and deeper...

Who can save Mara Jade....
    ...when she obviously is going to have more than just a pinch.

Excellent addition.

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Mara knows she's got problems but she keeps making them worse.
    There is no such thing as just a little won't hurt.

15. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    JL, =D= =D=!

Ah hah! *nods* So Lando still clings to 'some' respectability. ;)

Mara snorted. ?From where, the Sabacc table??

?Anyway,? Lando changed the subject very quickly.

I love their banter, albeit short. Step away from the redhead, Lando. She needs time to heal old wounds and counseling. Mara's inner musings...:( , I feel for her, and worry. [face_worried]

And the downward spiral continues...save her Luke! Tanner is an interesting addition. You know I'm waiting for more. ;) [face_batting]

16. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Oh no Mara! Just go back to Luke's arms! That's all the comfort you need! I sure as heck would, girl!

Good post!! Awaiting next!

(now off to bed I go!)

17. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Somehow i hoped that she's stronger than that, but hey it's your story :)
    If she gonna be back on spice then it's really bad for her, going the easy way is never gonna make the problem's disappear. But the interaction with people around rather tru to the life. what she need's is someone strongwilled and authority who can make her listen (if nessesery by force).

anyway good update :)

P.S. could you add me to your PM list ?? pretty please [face_batting]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    So, Mara's having guilty and insidious thoughts? Wish she'd confront everything head on, instead of try to escape. [face_frustrated] Uh, oh. A pinch? It never, ever, ever stops there. And each time an addict slips, it's harder to come back, and sometimes, after a while, no one can help them help themselves. The more you do to feel guilty about, the more mind numbing substance you have to use to block it out. Then, if someone does come along to give you a good talking to, you can't absorb any of it. So--the actual wake up call has to be really intense. Ninety-nine times out of 100, the person has to lose literally everything of value to them. :( Somehow, we need to get Mara into a place where she can develop and use strong inner resources to heal and deal emotionally with things, or at the least, ask for help. Argh! Is that likely? Desperately hoping so. [face_worried] I'm so glad these updates are coming on a regular basis--otherwise the suspense would kill me, before the angst does. ;)

19. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
  20. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh, poor Mara. She can't even convince her underlings that she's not going to fall apart with this--and she can't really convince herself either. I hope she stops at the last minute--addiction is so tricky. And Luke will be so sad for her--it might drive them further apart bc she doesn't want his pity.

Great update!

21. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    eep! :eek: :oops: that's not a good idea!
    Tanner seems like a good guy, really.
    oh, Mara...[face_shame_on_you]

;) paige

22. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Mara's close to rock bottom now.[face_worried] However I think the fallout is going to be worse than the downward spiral.

23. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Turning back to drugs when Lando wants to help you Mara?:p Or even Luke, now doesn't that sound better than some powder?

I suspect Lando is going to figure it out soon.

Spice bad.[face_shame_on_you] Except in food.

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Missed a chapter. [face_blush]

Loved the Han/Luke scene in ch. 8. And Luke's comment about women fleeing his presence after a night together was a riot! Han was the perfect voice of reason and I'm glad to see Luke finally catching on to what Talon said.

Ch. 9 = [face_worried]

Not good. Sooooooo not good........ (Mara's downward spiral, not the writing...you know what I mean ;) )

25. Saria_Raide

Saria_Raide Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2006
    Post soon, methinks . . . hmmm?