main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Me thinks too....

2. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    This story is wonderful. Very angsty.

Mara doesn't need spice, she just needs Luke to take care of her. :p

So Luke found her... and she doesn't want to talk to him... when has that ever stopped Luke? :D Go, Luke! Give her another option to drinking and spice. :D [face_devil]

3. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    ::giggles:: Yes, apparently Lukie love will cure all ills. :p

Love is a much better drug, cheaper too.

4. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    You know JL, I can't get those last couple posts out of my head. I keep thinking, "I wish I could see Mara's face when she woke up next to Lando. Then I thought, "Hey, I will make a pic of that... sort of a service anouncement." ;)

AG88
    [image=http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/4455/3jadelotus0ij.jpg]

To see the large size pic, first click the thumbnail and then when you get to a medium sized pic, bring your cursor to the lower right hand corner and an ENLARGE Icon should appear. Click on that to blow up the pic further.

5. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    *buries head* This is not going to be good. Don't do it Mara![face_worried] Oh ---the angst and cliffhangers. I can see the title of Queen of Evilness and Drama fitting you and this story. You're puttin' Mara through hell -- and we're not that far behind. ;)

The pic! :eek: AH! [face_hypnotized] I really don't think I'll ever be able to see again. [face_plain] Is scared for life. [face_laugh]

6. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999
    lol! :D

7. MaraJade4S

Feb 27, 2005
    AG this is too funny! [face_laugh]

8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    ginchy - [:D]
    Poor Mara, poor Lando, poor Luke, and poor Tanner!
    It's one big angtsy, sorrowful group, isn't it?

RedGold - Thanks! I'll try not steal your title, but evil cliffies work so well with this fic ;)
    I can see Lando's point, after all, Mara is such a strong willed person who kept her 'problems' secret from everyone else. She wouldn't let herself be taken advantage of, or you would think so.
    I figured the only way Mara would let herself be taken advantage of is if she allowed it to happen. Otherwise she might have slugged Lando if he tried anything with her...

ccp - Thank you!

Golden_Jedi - Aaaaah, she's messing with everything, isn't she?
    Yep, she just can't seem to keep her willpower strong enough to resist.

Jaira - Yup, Tanner is pretty cool.
    Thank you! He'll have a minor but important part to play later on.
    But Mara should not be playing with fire...this can only end in tears.
    Ain't that the truth?

academygrad88 - Don't do it Mara!! Don't take the spice!! That is not the answer. If you want to self-medicate, what you need is a big dose of Farmboy!! That is what the doctor recommends.
    :D So true. If only Mara was as enlightened to the Farmboy's special powers as we are, eh?
    I keep thinking, "I wish I could see Mara's face when she woke up next to Lando. Then I thought, "Hey, I will make a pic of that... sort of a service anouncement."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That pic is just brilliant! Lando looks so...smugly Lando, and the look on Mara's face is priceless! Thanks, AG88

___Sithspawn___ - I love your Mara; you depict her very realistically - as a real human being who makes mistakes.
    Thank you! I've always thought that under her tough-girl shell, Mara really is a troubled and weary soul. Thanks for reading!

divapilot - Mara is crashing and burning. She didn't end things with Lando too smoothly, did she?
    Not at all. She just got herself in too deep, and wasn;t sure how to handle it and unfortunately for Lando, just vented her frustration out on him.
    I work with a guy named Tanner. This is going to be weird...
    Really? I picked it out of the database. You can tell your workmate that he has a Corellian name ;)

AvenKiel - Ah, Dang.
    :D

jade51999 - Thanks!
    Who can save Mara Jade....
    ...when she obviously is going to have more than just a pinch.

*nods* She can lie to herself all she likes, it doesn;t change that fact that when she takes spice, there's no going back.

RebelMom - Mara knows she's got problems but she keeps making them worse.
    There is no such thing as just a little won't hurt.

She really has to admit to herself just how big her problem is, and that she can't just make it go away that easilly. Thanks for reading!

MirandaFair - Ah hah! *nods* So Lando still clings to 'some' respectability.
    Yep! I couldn't make my precious Lando out to be a villian, even if he is standing in Luke's way ;)
    I love their banter, albeit short. Step away from the redhead, Lando. She needs time to heal old wounds and counseling.
    I think that after her outburst Lando will get the idea that Mara's not exactly at her most stable...
    And the downward spiral continues...save her Luke! Tanner is an interesting addition.
    Thank you!

Maul Brady - Thank you!
    Oh no Mara! Just go back to Luke's arms! That's all the comfort you need! I sure as heck would, girl!
    :D Me too. If only Mara could see that, eh?

tasujad - If she gonna be back on spice then it's really bad for her, going the easy way is never gonna make the problem's disappear. But the interaction with people around rather tru to the life.
    Thank you! I think her behaviour now is very indicative of an addict.
    what she need's is someone strongwilled and authority who can make her listen (if nessesery b

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Chapter 10

Han Solo gaze flittered lazily across the ornate table setting, under the pretence of ?helping? Leia with the dinner arrangements. He honestly didn?t see why Leia went to all the trouble of using her fine Alderaanian dishes and cutlery ? most of their guests would be more at home eating rations out of a survival pack ? but Leia always insisted on providing a refined and pleasant atmosphere for her frequent dinner parties.

Han could hear strains of Leia arguing heatedly with the serving droid in the kitchen, so he busied himself with the duty of checking the table setting. There was a place for himself and Leia, Wedge, Winter and Tycho, Corran and Mirax, and of course, Luke and Chewie. Han counted their guests again in his mind. He couldn?t figure out why there were ten places set at the ornate table.

?Leia!? Han had a bad feeling about this. He met his wife in the kitchen, looking immaculate despite the barely-concealed agitation on her face. While their droid was talented and efficient, she often came into conflict with Leia on the best way to prepare a meal.

Seeing Han enter, Leia?s angry expression faltered a little. ?We?ll continue this later,? she said harshly to the droid and turned towards Han, managing a loving smile. ?Everything else ready??

?Yeah,? Han considered on the best way to broach the subject, seeing as Leia was not in the best of moods.

?Good,? Leia cut him off and swept out of the room, Han following dubiously.

?Leia, did you invite someone else tonight?? Han dreaded to think that she had extended an invitation to some Senator or other NR politician.

Leia gave him a glance from the flower arrangement she had been fiddling with. ?Yes, I invited Mara Jade.?

?You what?? Han could hardly believe his ears. Surely she hadn?t said Mara Jade.

Leia looked rather affronted. ?Why is that so hard to believe? She arrived back on Coruscant yesterday and I thought she could use the friendly atmosphere.?

?But, but?? Feeling his insides constrict, Han could merely stutter helplessly.

?I know we?ve had our differences in the past,? Leia continued, heedless to Han?s discomfort, ?but she?s going through a tough time and I know she hasn?t exactly got many?well, people she can depend on.?

Han rubbed his forehead in exasperation. ?Leia, I?m certain that the last thing Mara wants right now is your pity.?

?Well, you would think so, but she actually seemed rather keen to coming,? Leia paused, looking up at her husband with a scrutinising gaze. ?Why are you so interested anyway??

Han was on the brink of letting it slip out, of telling her exactly what had happened between Mara and Luke. Despite what some people thought, lying straight to his wife?s fate had been excruciating for him. Leia had been appeased with Han?s explanation that Luke was simply burnt out from the Academy and the recent trouble with Exar Kun, but now there was Han?s sudden interest in Mara?s appearance at their dinner party. Leia was a shrewd woman, and it wouldn?t take much for her to put two and two together.

?I?m just surprised she accepted, that?s all. Jade isn?t really the social type,? he said eventually.

?Hmmm?? Leia clearly wasn't convinced, and Han could tell she was about to launch into a full interrogation when a crash came from the direction of the twin?s bedroom. Leia rushed off to see what trouble the children had managed to get themselves into this time, leaving Han blessedly alone. It was moments like these when Han could do nothing but thank the Force, no matter how much he had protested it its influence in the past.

The only decision left to make was what he was going to do about the situation. Obviously Luke wouldn?t tear into Mara the moment she walked through the door, it wasn?t his style. But he would brood and Leia would no longer be convinced that Luke was simply worried about his people back on Yavin. And then there was Mara to contend with; there was no way for Han to predict what she

10. Bianka_Kenobi

Bianka_Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2005
    While their droid was talented and efficient, she often came into conflict with Leia on the best way to prepare a meal.
    This is so Leia-like, I can just see her saying "no, the parsley goes on the same side as the fork!" Oh well, I wish I had a kitchen droid!

Thank you so much for the long chapter, I was afraid Mara and Luke wouldn't even talk before the end of the post. I can't wait to hear Mara's explaination! Then maybe she'll stick around for a little more Skywalker love? Luke seems like he might not stay mad long, and Valentine's Day is next week! [face_love] just a though [face_praying]

11. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005

First off- EVIL Cliffhanger:( !! Post again soon! Wah!

Second- Good use of akwardness and civility. I bet Han's wishing he had told Leia already. Lying to Leia- bad. :p

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    At first I was worried, what with mara back on the drink and spice... and I'm still worried...

Update soon or I will have to hurt you!

Well, perhaps nag you a littl... :p

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    First of.. JadeLotus...Your story has officially become the story that I keep checking my PM's for....

and that cliff hanger..was..just WRONG!

but interseting development

14. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Your Evil-NESS! [face_devil] [face_not_talking] [face_shame_on_you]

The timing and how everything was paced in this chapter (as always) really effectively done. I love the complete awkwardness at dinner and Han trying desperately to mull things over. At least Lando wasn't at the dinner. Whoa- that would have been a dozy.

Let the talks begin! [face_batting]

More, soon!

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    One message would have been enough, you could have told me to get a life and leave you alone, at least then I would have known how you felt.? The anger was starting to ebb, replaced by a deep hurt. ?And not been left to?hope.?

:(

I could hear the tension and betrayal. Well done!=D=

At first I was concerned that she would show up to the dinner already rip-roaring, but she is probably so practiced at it that she can hide her intoxication well.

I'm thinking there will be a lot to say in the apartment.[face_shame_on_you]

Well done!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Boy, could I ever sympathize with Han's dilemma, being caught between keeping Luke's confidence and not wanting to keep secrets from his wife, either. And oh my! Luke really unloaded on Mara! I could feel his emotions just flowing off the screen. Made me just want to grab him and give him a Wookiee sized hug, since he's just a sweet, snuggly wuggly pooh bear. [face_blush] I got carried away there, ;) [face_laugh] I could also feel Mara's remorse. Interesting though: we still don't know what she did the day after--during the alleged spice inspection--no doubt it'll come up in the upcoming conversation. Can't wait! How's Luke going to react to her confessions? If he wasn't hurt, probably with tenderness and empathy. But now--it's anyone's guess.

17. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!:mad: What an evil cliffhanger!!![face_frustrated]

Wonderful update, but don't delay on the next chapter!!! I want to hear this explanation!!! PLEASE HURRY!!!!!!

AG88

18. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Gah!!! Cliffie.....:mad:

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Okay, so, at first I thought she might have cleaned up, but she was drinking heavily, so probably not. And I am SO lovin' Han in this fic!!! [face_love]

Good for Luke! =D= I was afraid he'd take the calm, serene, 'Jedi knows no pain' route, but I'm glad that he - for lack of a better term - went off on her. He's pushing it, taking her back to his place, though. (I'd have dumped her off at a hotel myself, LOL.)

So the next update will be when? Tomorrow? Right? [face_batting]

*grumbles about kriffin' evil cliffies*

20. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Excellent work, as always. Like I was telling you before, I'm in awe of how you can tell so much, with so few words! You are wonderful at being concise, yet not letting any meaning get away from the readers or the characters.

=D=

Now, hurry on up with that next chapter! I gotta to see what Mara's going to tell him! :D

(No pressure, eh? LOL!)

21. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh yes Mara, pray do tell!

22. Maul Brady

Mar 12, 1999

Explain, Mara, explain!

23. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    indeed, Mara. please explain.

;) paige

24. MaraJade4S

Feb 27, 2005
    Wonderful chapter! I'm surprised Mara accepted Leia's invitation. I'm sure she knew Luke was there, so she did it on purpose. I think she misses him! [face_devil]

I'm sure that's why she was drinking all night, too! To make the courage to speak to Luke! :p

For a while I was afraid that Mara would go home with Wedge. 8-} I'm so glad Luke offered.

Poor Luke, he's so heartbroken. He's already in love with her.

I can just see him forgiving her. :) And then maybe they can spend the night doing more interesting stuff. [face_devil] After all, Mara has no apartment to sleep in. [face_batting]

I almost forgot, please update soon! [face_praying]

25. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D=
    This conversation will probally suck.