main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider #59 -- :(

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Feb 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah I agree, we should however get a special EU-only magazine.

2. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    What I'd like to see is for them to print the EU short stories in both the Gamer and the Insider. That way you wouldn't have to buy both mags if you're not a gamer and just love the movies and the whole story (which includes the EU).

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    That is what gamer is, or star wars galaxy, and adventure journal before it. A magazine that is generally 100% expanding the universe. The numbers that take up a very little part of the magazine are surrounded by articles that expand the universe explain things, expand events, etc. It is made for gamers and non-gamers alike. Articles expand the universe for non-gamers enjoyement, like me.

4. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Needless to say that kinda pissed me off, but it did get me to thinking of some troubling questions. Why doesn't the EU have it's own fan magazine with material from both Darkhorse and Del Rey. Why does the EU have to play second class citizen to the movies and RPG material in the two fan magazines I'm aware of?

RPG is EU. I love Gamer. I just think that all the EU stuff should go into Gamer, while Movie stuff should go into Insider. When there's too much overlap I feel like they're trying to get me to buy a magazine I don't really want for a few "exclusive" snippets of EU stuff.

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    " I feel like they're trying to get me to buy a magazine I don't really want for a few "exclusive" snippets of EU stuff. "

It ain't just a feeling. ;)

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Also gamer is connected to WOTC, Del Rey, lucasarts, and Darkhorse, everything everyone has been asking for in a magazine devoted to expanding the universe.

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Val...
    "True much like how zahn articles color views on the EU..."

The author you mentioned is also why I said "detract from" in addition to "add to." ;) Things like the non-fiction TOS essays like "From Beyond the Rim" can also color things through erroneous statements, for example.

And perhaps the most powerful fictional effects actually come from non-fiction sources - the dreaded subject of canon. With but a single sentance, non-fiction LFL employee comments in Insider from people like McCallum, Sansweet, etc. can build up or tear apart the very fabric of the EU.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yet, again I say that those are the kind of things that I am not interested in buying insider for, I'm only interested in the Fiction of the expanded universe. Articles written as documentation of the the EU universe's events, history, technology or science. Something that Insider for the most part doesn't add to it's magazine. A magazine devoted more to the behind the scenes and making of information, aspect of the EU or movies.

9. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.