main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Highly doubt I'll be enjoying this one. I had the chance to give the Mandalorians glory in the Clone War once again. With Mandalore and the Clans. A chance, it is gone now. I can only hope that a red Masked Warrior shows his face in a comic, which it probably won't happen anyway. The Lord Mandalore is hope.

Now what becomes of Shysa, the once future leader of the Mandalorians? What has continuity in store for him? I will guess, that he is either a Clone, or that the 212 story was apart of Jasters *spits* merc group.

I know everything about the Mandalorians detail to detail, more then you, and more then LFL. Well let me rephrase that. I know more without having to look at anything. Anyone can read information off a piece of paper, all the info of the Mandalorians is in my head.

I wonder if you even know how outnumbered the Mandalorians were in the Mandalorian Wars? Or that a Mandalore was around during KOTOR.

2. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    :rolleyes: Ya' know, I've been around fandom for a while now and I've made my own gaffes, had some growing up to do, and all I can say is, dude, get a grip.

I don't particularly agree with fans' attempts to tell other fans how to experience the Saga, but I've read too much of this crap not to say something.

Nuke, your lack of perspective in this matter is among the worst examples of fandom taken too far. Step away from your slanted, arrogant, and selfish desires and appreciate, just for a second, that 1) this is just a story, b) that this is not your story to tell - at least not yet - and, thirdly, that people like Abel are quite capable, more professionally qualified, and doing the best job they can.

In your mind, you have trumped up your own interpretations of Mandalorian history, culture, etc. as if they are the only way things could possibly turn out. The fact that you are sarcastically condemning others', far more professionally warranted, reviewed, researched, and justified interpretations before you have even read them is a sad testament to what can go wrong when some one takes something and/or one's self far too seriously. That you are insulting one of the creative artists who give us this entertaining release from real life is appalling! You know more than LFL?! All of that "information in your head" is serisouly deluded and skewed by an ego out of control!

That people refer to you and that you see yourself as some sort of "expert" on all things Mandalorian boggles the mind. I fail to see how anyone takes you seriously any more.
    Sheesh!

That nasty business done, I would also like to say, good on ya', Abel! Thanks for being courageous enough to take on this project!

I'm looking forward to an earnest effort to make sense of the (IMO, unintentionally) confusing Mandalorian history. If any of it falls in line with what I've been thinking or what I've been hoping, great. If not, I'm sure things will be moving in a much more cohesive direction, of which I'm always in support.

3. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    People who don't know squat about Mandalorians shouldn't write stuff about Mandalorians. My interpretation is the interpretation that gives them what they need in the Clone Wars.

And I will not stand by and let previous continuity, such as issue's 68 adn 69 of Marvel, get erased from history or altered for continuities sake.

Yeah I'm a lune, and a fanatic, but I know more about Mandalorians then anyone else.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    THANK YOU ED!

My interpretation is the interprestation that makes gives them what they need in the Clone Wars.

But that's just it- YOUR interpretation. Not Lucas's or LFL's, yours. They will do their own thing. Just let it go.

5. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    And let them screw it up. My interpretation might be my own, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

But I don't care anymore, if they get screwed up they get screwed up, whatever.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    They why are you still complaining about it?!

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Because my favorite thing in Star Wars is about to screwed. See I don't have to read it, because I already know the possibilities.

I want to see the Mandalorians honored, I want to see Mandalore, the Clans, and the honor and glory restored in this Clone War.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Don't let Nuke scare ya, Abel- he's...well...one of a kind ;)

Will the article be covering past the OT into Boba's new Mandalorians during the NJO?

9. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    That's the thing, Screw BOBA. Boba's not Mandalorian.

Why does everyone base it off a guy how only wears the armor? They should be based of Shysa, he is the leader of the Mandalorians of Mandalore. I want to know what he's doing now. Does he wear the mask, does he rule the sector? But Boba's far more important then real Mandalorians.

10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I've calmed down, for the time being. I don't like this article, and if I'm wrong and it does do them honor,show a Mandalore in the clone war, and keeps the Marvel Stories, then I'll write Abel a full page apology.

I do say this. Atleast there is one in LFL who has the courage to take on such a task.

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Nuke.
    Have you even read the Emperor's Hands article that Abel wrote? Or the Grand Admiral piece? If not, then trust me:

You have nothing to worry about. Abel might very well be one of the most continuity-friendly writers Star Wars has ever seen (next to Pablo Hidalgo). I think it's pretty much guaranteed that everything will work out just fine.

12. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    To Mavrick you listen...

>>"Well let me rephrase that. I know more without having to look at anything. Anyone can read information off a piece of paper, all the info of the Mandalorians is in my head."<<

I just have to quote Leland Chee here...

"I think it's less about knowing the answers than it is about knowing how to find the answers and having the right resources available."

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Just curious . . . but by what means did the Mandos devise a way to torture Durge for killing their Mando leader that it took a century or two to rebuild himself? I'd be interested in knowing that! [face_laugh]

14. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Probably sprinkled salt on him or something...

15. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Nuke stop moaning! It's either this or nothing. You should be glad they actually thought about the M's.

And I don't wanna hear anything about honor and Mandos. Cuz there's no honor in ambushing unarmed Wookies. And they WERE working for Mandalore, yes.

16. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999

And let them screw it up. My interpretation might be my own, but that doesn't mean it's wrong.

It is if LFL says it is by okaying whatever Abel has to sa.

17. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol, no one ever learns. There is no point trying to argue with Nuke. You can't please him. Don't feel guilty about it, just shunt past his posts. You'll thank me for it later, promise ;)

See Nuke hasn't even read the article and already he doesn't like it. How can that be? Has he got psychic powers and pulled the story from Abel's mind? Not even close.

Even DHC people tried to appease him, and before they had published the comic with Mandalorian reference Nuke moaned about it. So Randy changed it. To p*ss him off. Thanks to Nuke, LFL and all the other people who do SW products avoid Mandalorians like the Black Death. And I wish they wouldn't, because I love the Mandalorians and really want to see more, like Aussar (dude, please stop encouraging this miserable moaner, you know it doesn't help).

Worst of all, Nuke actually attacks the people who are working on the stuff BEFORE he has seen it. And Nuke, I can tell you now I know as much as you about the Mandalorians - the official stuff anyways - and all the rest has come from you head and a strange interpretation of the situtation. I don't say you don't have valid points to make, you do sometimes, but your "complete" version of Mandalorians just isn't one that I'll back.

Abel, really looking forward to this. And please don't let Nuke / Mane put you off. Respect to your work, I am sure you have done a great job with the Mandalorian mess. I always though that the Mandalorians who survived the Clone Wars and were seen in the Marvel comic were actually lied to by Palps about the mission he gave them, and that Fenn's recollection was also partly done with hindsight a long time after the event - ie he knows what really was going on in the Clone Wars with Palps/Sidious manipulating everyone.

18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Jort, it depends on what point of view your looking at. To you it wasn't honorable, to Mandalore it was.

I will not see Shysa turned into the liar Leland says he was, he will be a lord of Mandalore. The Mandalorians had a chance to return during the Clone Wars, but not if Abel followed Open Seasons. Because these LFL people only see what's in front on em, to them they don't see the hole's where the Lord Mandalore and his armies can return.

And Tim, my interpretation is the right interpretation. It follows all continuity, and actually I know a whole lot more then you on the subject, the OFFICAL stuff that is.

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Nuke, how can you know more when we have the same material - with the same pages, the same word counts? So I doubt you do, you have no more official material on the Mandalorians (in fact do you have the LA game guides which has info too?) than me. You can only know what is written down - obviously we interpret things differently, but word for word, we have the same knowledge. Only when someone has more sources do they actually know more than another person. I just don't spout it all the time.

Have a think about it ;)

20. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I highly doubt you know more then me. If you know more then me, then you would know that Boba isn't even a Mandalorian.

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    "It is if LFL says it is by okaying whatever Abel has to sa. "

We'll see!

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    LOL. And you try so hard.

Boba isn't Mandalorian by birth as such ... though as he is the exact clone of Jango, and Jango was a Mandalorian by career and having the honour being bestowed upon him by Jaster, maybe there is a case for Boba being Mandalorian by blood. Maybe not. That's not important. Boba wears the Mandalorian armour, if the Marvel series is correct (and Boba's age is all wrong) then Boba saw action leading a group of Mandalorian Mercenaries in the Clone Wars. Despite that, yes, Boba isn't a Mandalorian like Mandalore or his warriors from TOTJ or KOTOR series are, nor is probably Jaster or Jango. But then Sith Lords aren't really Sith are they? They are lords of the ancient Sith species, some of whom later mingled with them to get mixed-race Sith Lords. By the time of Open Seasons there are two to three groups - the ones still on Mandalore which we see in the Marvel series, Jaster's group (and possibly other small groups of Mandalorians out in the Galaxy) and the Death Watch. Was Boba part of any of these? Well only the Marvel series says yes.

Anyways, I digress. And you made an unsubstantiated claim about me didn't you Nuke. And another falsehood - I stated we should know the same as we both have the same amount of official sources. If you have official sources I don't, please let me know ;) Until then, you can't and I can't know more than each other and silly little arguments about who knows more actually do bore me. But just this once I believe I should put you right on that point.

23. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    THERE IS NOTHING IN CONTINUITY THAT SAYS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MANDALORE AND HIS CLANS. So they can very much be around. Boba did not lead Mercs into the Clone War, he may have lead the 212 of Mandalore, that's it. Those of Mandalore follow code of honor and glory.

He ain't a damn thing to the Mandalorians, but a armor wearer, and therefore shouldn't even be concidered Mandalorian.

You probably didn't even know there was Mandalore into around during KOTOR. Well not until I told ya, or until you read from a previous post. What you got, you got from me.

24. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Actually Nuke, that ain't a hard one to work out, so don't credit yourself too much. Reason being - at the end of "the Sith War" comics, one of the last panels shows a Mandalorian warrior picking up the facemask of Mandalore and he then becomes the next Mandalore. Not too difficult to imagine there was one around the time of the Mandalorian Wars and then into KOTOR - since the group seen in the game must have had some sort of leader. You really make a big deal of finding stuff out that is just common sense really ;)

And you do get wound up easily don't you? :)

Edit: I will look for you, but I am sure there is an official source that says something about the aliens species which the original Mandalore was part of died out. I'll have to check that. And did you know in WEG's "SW Sourcebook" (from 1987) there is info on Mandalorians (I think a few sketches too not seen later on). And I believe the Official magazine guide to ESB (out in 1980) has info on Boba, maybe a little on Mandalorians.

And you can rant all you like about Boba, I am just stating the facts. Breathe Nuke, breathe ;)

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, but you didn't know that did you. Your like, "Ok, well I guess a Mandalore would be around during KOTOR." LOL, know everything, hardly.

Mandalore is the one that sent the Mandalorians to Kashyyk and is the one who faught and beat HK-47. In the Game, something you didn't know.

Oh, and wound up? You haven't seen anything yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.