main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol, whatever. You're just getting upset 'cos you ain't the only one who reads about the Mandalorians. Ha ha. I just didn't feel like telling you before because you are so rude to the people who create the stuff. I think it's time for a reality check youngster :p

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    And stop playing games. Your on me one second, playing around the next. Choose one side, because for someone who know's I'll never change you sure have a hard time leaving me the hell alone.

3. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    "Lol, whatever. You're just getting upset 'cos you ain't the only one who reads about the Mandalorians. Ha ha. I just didn't feel like telling you before because you are so rude to the people who create the stuff. I think it's time for a reality check youngster"

Ah so you admit you didn't knwo about the KOTOR part, meaning you don't know everything. I do!

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol, not only because you're a lost cause, but also because you are so much fun to tease. And it's laughable when you aim claims about my knowledge and what I know when you haven't got a clue what I really know. Whether I throw my knowledge around here or not. As far as I am concerned, the people who have access to LFL archives know the most about this stuff. I will listen to Abel on the final decision about Mandalorians, and I will accept it and be happy. Not only because he has access to more info than us, but also his reasoning is sound.

Btw, I am just proving a point about knowledge Nuke. Start flashing your books at me :p

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    And no, I ain't admitting to the KOTOR part ... long before there was KOTOR and even Ep II, it was always stated that the Mandalorians carried on under a new Mandalore - as seen in the last issue of "the Sith War". The comics came out in the mid-late 90s, long time before the new continuity stance on the Mandalorian issue.

6. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    funny discussion.. but it is interesting how fast it went from mandalorian info to who knows more lol

7. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Mandalore is the one that sent the Mandalorians to Kashyyk and is the one who faught and beat HK-47. In the Game, something you didn't know.

Yea and Revan choppped him to pieces.

8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Revan killed the one at the end of the Mandalorian Wars. This Mandalore is the one who took his place.

9. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Yea and I'll happily chop him to pieces personally in KOTOR II.

10. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    I've just realised. Has there been a single female Mando at all
    alfreda goot was a female mandalorian

11. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Correction: Alfreda Goot was a "Togorian bounty hunter known for her flowing red hair, which she allowed to fall out of her blast helmet. She wore a modified version of the Mandalorian armor made famous by Boba Fett, although Alfreda's armor wasn't as sophisticated. She had installed a pair of heavy-duty climbing claws in the wrists. When she learned that Jabba the Hutt had placed a bounty on Han Solo's head, shortly after the Battle of Yavin, she decided to try and collect on it. She devised a plan in which she captured Leia Organa on Ord Mantell, and then forced Han to accept a race to the Dockside Cafe on Mos Eisley. The winner of the race would recover Leia alive. Han had no choice but to accept the wager, but he managed to meet up with Captain Sodarra and his team of stormtroopers. This incident wasn't in Alfreda's plans, so when Han showed up at the Dockside Cafe with an Imperial squadron behind him, Alfreda was forced into action. She shot at Han and Sodarra, and a brief firefight ensued. During the fight, Han was able to shoot Alfreda and kill her, thereby recovering Leia and avoiding capture."

Togorians are large, felinenoids (is that a word?). She just wore the armor.

From CUSWE.

12. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Ah, so Boba and Her have a thing in common. They are both wannabe Mandalorians.

13. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    And I thought you knew everything about Mandalorians, Nuke... :rolleyes:

14. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I DO, rephrase what you said. I know everything about MANDALORIANS, not the people who act like them.

15. jedimasterED

Oct 10, 1999
    But how could you possibly know everything about the Mandalorians if you don't know anything about those who are connected to them in the most visible way? I mean, certainly an "expert" like yourself would have all angles of the Mandalorian mythos covered by your weath of inherent and ready knowledge on all things even remotely connected to the warrior clans of Mandalore... or... are you some sort of charlatan?

I hope you all can hear the sarcasm drip from the above words... [face_plain]

16. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I know all about the Mandalorians, not those who act them. I need not care about them, they do not serve purpose to the Mandalore. Boba's is nothing to the Mandalorians, save his little stent on Mandalore. This other girl is nothing but a suit wearer, she is nothing.

I know all about the Mandalorians, the TRUE Mandalorians, not falsehoods who walk around calling themselves Mandalorians.

If you seem to want proof of my knowledge of the Mandalorians. Then Challenge me, and I'll teach about the TRUE Mandalorians.

17. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    Why has this megalomaniac never been banned?

"I will not see him made a liar.." What the hell is this. I wish as a fan I could make such an enormous stink through outright trolling and loony raving that I could influence VIPs and whatnot. The best solution for attention whores who imagine that they are an authority they are not is to IGNORE them. Everyone should treat Mane's posts as invisible, in my opinion. Then whole threads which COULD be productive centers of discussion about an upcoming article won't be trashed by this guy.

18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm sorry you see it that way Bob

19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    This is my vision of the Mandalorians, and damn good one at that. To have the Mandalorians strong during the Clone Wars, honor's them more then any LFL person could ever do. LFL who would rather have Open Seasons be the end, and Fenn the Liar. Fenn a Great character from the Marvel stories, wished away just like that. And you people go about agreeing with Chee on the matter. Saying Fenn's a liar proves not no one in LFL knows nothing of Mandalorians. Saying that proves they only see what's in front of them, not how to get around it while keeping it the same.

Instead I have to worry about Fenn Shysa the future lord of Mandalore, become nothing more then a Merc, a Merc working for JAster, or a Clone Trooper with the name. That pisses all over that character and his stories, and pisses on Marvel whom LFL says is Continuity.

To have them strong would have been a twist in the Clone War like nothing before. To have Mandalore and his Warriors show their face to the Republic, would have made the Morale go even lower. A dead Race that has made the Galaxy fear them, returns to show them fear again.

I don't know what this Article has in store, but I've seen how LFL takes on this matter, and I don't forsee anything good but the End of one of the Greatest races in Star Wars history.

20. Lord_Darth_Bob

Lord_Darth_Bob Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 29, 2001
    GET A GRIP.

21. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    Hear, hear.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I think I'll pass on getting a grip, until I see a reason to.

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    LMAO, he so cracks me up.

I think it's time for the white padded cell so you can bounce off the walls again and have dreams about conquering the Galaxy with your blow-up pinky ballet Mandalorian.

Btw, re-read the Sith War again last night. Isn't that Mandalore a coward, retreats on at least 2 ocassions and when he fights Ulic, he makes sure Ulic has all the disadvantages. Mandalore = loser. Mandalore = bully with no b@lls. And if I remember correctly from KOTOR, doesn't a whole bunch of them take on a single wookiee. Now that is honour for you, ain't it Nuke? Beat a single foe down with a mob? Such a tough race.

Waits for the replying rant ...

24. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    don´t fight in here please. everybody can have his own opinion, but you should notice, too, that the own opinion mustn´t be the true one, like one thinks for himself. So accept the others opinion and keep yours, ok. But don´t try to conquer everybody who has an other opinion to change to yours, that´s stupid kiddy fight. And I don´t think we hardcore star wars fans are that way, are we?

25. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Actually Mandalore doesn't retreat twice. Aleema contacts him on Coruscant and Tells him to retreat. Later on in the story he wonders why he wasn't allowed to gain victory, which he does when he finds out it was Aleema's treachery behind it all.

He retreated from Onderon becasue he was Outnumbered Greatly. IT was his Basilisk vs 2 Republic crusiers, which might I say are bigger then the Basilisk. With Republic fighters and Beast of Onderon all around, it was either retreat or be killed. Smart if you ask me. Mandalorians do know their limitations. I do remember though that when the Republic Crusiers come through the clouds the Mandalorians didn't hesitate for a second in attacking them.

In KOTOR, only one of the Mandalorians is attacking the Wookie, the other two are watching.

Still don't know EVERYTHING do we now, TIM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.