Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. President_Sharky Jedi Padawan

star 4
    There's only one documented Battle of New Bornleax, so I would assume that the engagement with Bacara and the marines ripping apart SBD occured simultaneously with the Mandalorian assault. It's too bad we don't have any more details, but it's said that the Galactic Marines were fighting SBD's. Maybe the Mandolorians were involved in another part of the battle, perhaps attacking the surface, while Bacara fought droids in space.
  2. CeiranHarmony Jedi Master

star 5
    I assume, Bacara and Co fought in Space, while the Mandalorians awaited them on the ground, those battlehardened clones that survived the spacebattles and man-toman combat within the captured ships were worthy enough to enter the world.

maybe the seppies lured the republic there with rumours of their defective clone Alpha-O2 being there in hiding? and when they came.. the new Mandalorians were revealed in Force and taught them how to fight dirty hehehe
  3. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Rogue_Follower wrote:
    ?Is a Lostworld canon if referenced in a canon source??

Probably not anymore than a vague reference to Max or E.T. makes either of those strictly canonical. But it?s a fun easter egg, and opens the door to canonizing the rest of related material??Lostworlds? not Max or E.T. :)

?One other note. Abel, given your penchant to use GoDV references, why didn't you make an allusion to the suit of Mandalorian armor on Space Station Scardia? The one on p. 44 of The Lost City of the Jedi, right under the Ark of the Covenant. ?

Amazingly, I remember the illustration without effort. Sad.

There just wasn?t room to make it fit comfortably. Not that that?s stopped me before, but I figured there was enough of that going on with the inclusion of Boba Fett?s monster Hasbro rocket pack. ;)

Leto II wrote:
    ?A "Pan-Galactic Salporin Blaster"...yum.?

Leto II, that picture is wild. Is that a little girl getting punched in the FACE?

?Similar to "Infinities," assumedly a version of those events would now be canonical, if not the original incarnation of the storyline. Thus, Abel could put "Atha Prime" in a future story/article, and a new version of that backstory would be mainstreamed and officialized, but not necessarily the original Kenner one.?

Sounds about right. Incidentally, I did shove Atha Prime into an article I wrote on Grand Moff Trachta for Fact Files, but having never seen the final copy, I can?t say whether or not the ref made it into print.

Trivia: AthaxPrime was my AOL address at one time.

Take care,
    Abel
  4. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Did Abel just refer to Abel's self in the Third=person up there? :p
  5. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    God, I hope not. :p I think I was quoting Leto II.
  6. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan

star 4
  7. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "Senator Grebleips to fund Extragalactic Survey" [face_laugh]

Yeah, I can see how something like that could get out of hand. Its a shame that a lot of articles need to be edited down to save space (a lot of Hyperspace-ers are figuring this out with the new fan Databank thing) because a lot of good stuff gets left out. There are tons of Mando references (and soon to be many more with Karen's new books and short stories) and I don't doubt that it would be pretty easy to let an article get away from you. Here's some notables [to me] that got left out:

-KOTOR II stuff: to avoid spoilers
    -Mandalorian wristlets: dart weapons from the second Han Solo trilogy
    -that armor in GoDV
    -The Death Watch guy in Tales: Jedi Chef
    -a retcon for Boba Fett's capture of the pirate Feldrall Okor, who the EGtC says Fett captured after RotJ using "Thermal Detonator negotiations" he learned from Leia, but in Tales From Jabba's Palace (p. 348) he clearly remembers the bounty while he's in the Sarlacc pit (the original story is in Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters, IIRC)
    -plus a lot of Boba's exploits, but that would fill a guide in itself ;)

Not that I mind the article as it is---'tis near perfection. The Hyperspace online Insider suppliment would be a great way to add extra info to an article without using up valuable page space. [face_batting]
  8. DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Abel when does the Vader guide come out?

And did the Red Leader reference make it in?
  9. CeiranHarmony Jedi Master

star 5
    you still have AOL Abel? me, too, maybe those who have AOL or AIM might chat there together?
  10. Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master

star 5
    THe Mandalorians obviously lived on Dxun for some time, but apparently had abandoned it some time between KOTOR II and the New Sith War, since Darth Bane found Dxun uninhabited.
  11. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Well, whattaya know? One of the questions in this thread led to Abel's second "Anatomy of a Retcon" piece, this time in his blog instead of at the SWFA:

http://blogs.starwars.com/abelgpena/15
  12. Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master

star 5
    I have to say it. To me, Boba's personality in Bounty Hunter Wars totally differed from his personality in Tales Of The Bounty Hunters.

In Wars, he is totally amoralistic, interested only in earning credits, and is definitely the criminal's criminal. A true mercenary.

In Tales, he has a strict personal set of morals he lives by, a twisted sense of justice which leads him to despise criminals and want to bring them to justice (usually, death), seeing credits as a means to an end. An idealistic vigilante.
  13. Feezior Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i will ask this in here since its regarding Mandos, can anyone tell me which issue of marvel Starwars it is in which Shysa buries Dala and Fett or 'Spar' turns up?
  14. ithorian-guy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, sometimes authors get Boba's personality way wrong.
  15. TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    >i will ask this in here since its regarding Mandos, can anyone tell me which issue of marvel Starwars it is in which Shysa buries Dala and Fett or 'Spar' turns up?<

It's not in Marvel. It was a bit of fan fiction for an RPG site.

TC
  16. Sn4tcH Jedi Master

star 4
    Well then which one is the right one?
  17. Feezior Jedi Youngling

star 1

ahhh, thanks, thats my brain merging things, i thought i'd seen it as a strip also.
  18. wookieepedian1 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Just so you know, for those watching this thread, Carty has updated his galaxy map again, using Star Wars: The Complete Visual Guide, placing Mandalore right at the edge of the Outer Rim and the Mid Rim, next to Phindar and Wayland.
  19. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
  20. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    That would be from the [link=http://members.aol.com/heywood254/web/fenn.html]Fenn Shysa[/link] entry at Mark Hudson's Home of the Lost Star Warriors website.

Take care,
    Abel
  21. Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Not sure if it has already been posted... but the location of planet/system Mandalore has been revealed: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19305982&start=21597994

Very cool imo :D
  22. Leto II Jedi Padawan

star 6
    Hmmm...that close to the Hydian, what with the potential hundreds of thousands of shocktroops massing there at Boba's whim? =P~ Hunh. Still, what's a few more Revenants here and there?
  23. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Strategic placement my friend, strategic placement. (we really need a Mando helmet smiley)
  24. Leto II Jedi Padawan

star 6
    Right next to Serenno -- now we have an intriguing new possible facet to the New Bornalex mission, or at least to the CIS's "influnce" during those years.

It *is* now rather proximate to the Onderon system, but that's still one helluva supply-line stretch to the Teta/Kuar Core regions; that's probably a major reason why Mandalore the Ultimate selected Dxun as his forward staging-base...slightly more coreward than their main primacy, giving them a better entrée to Coruscant.

You'd still have to penetrate the fortified Colonies regions (rather strengthened as of 3,998 BBY, although likely diminished by 3,956) to get anywhere important, but this now plays MAJOR havoc with the Nagai invasion-corridor as we've interpreted it thus far -- Endor's WAAAAAYYY the hell out on the other side of the galaxy (along with Saijo, presumably), and now we're looking at a massive incursion across the Expansion Zones to get to the Mandalore Sector by Den Siva's forces, unless the easy fix is taken.

More than one Nagai fleet; Lumiya simply led the Moddell-spinward force, with other(s) hitting Mandalore, planet-hopping their way in and entrenching themselves for a time.

(Abel-san?)
  25. CeiranHarmony Jedi Master

star 5
    I see no troubles... remember, the Mandalorians were nomadic, and though they settled down on Mandalore and their sector, they still had colonies here and there, and still had massive fleets from their nomadic times, that easily and fast could jump across the galaxy to strike here and there. so I see no problem for them. and we know they are separated in clans, so some clans might be based quite afar from mandalore, while the main clans are in mandalore sector. so if a mandalorian colony world is near the supposed invasion corridor of the nagai it still works. and considering mandalorian actions near bothan space, roon, gyndine, the deep core and other places, they get around very well without trouble. also nagai could have their main force near endor, but smaller scouting fleets sent into the galaxy probing for resistance, similar to the vong invasion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.