Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well Mandalore itself was indeed hit by the Nagai, not just a colony World.

In any case the location of the planet seems fitting since it seems, to me(not knowing everything about all the planets in that region) don't seem to be well inhabited. So it's good understanding why everyone in the galaxy wouldn't know where Mandalore was. Especially in the times of the Mandalorian Wars.

Now I wonder how big the Sector is?
  2. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    We know that the planets Concard Dawn, Shogun, Ordo and Gargon (and Mandallian or Mandalla) are quite near to Mandalore or even in the system. Kuar, Dxun and Basalisk are rather in the Coreworlds.

A Mandalorian sector itself doesn't exist, AFAIK - or maybe the sector are just the first planets (Concord Dawn, Shogun, etc)
  3. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Perhaps the Mando's split their forces - one lot in Deep Core, another in Rim.

That way, when the real war against the Republic begins, which they had been building upto, a step at Onderon and then at Duro links the two forces together.

And the Nagai force appears to have skirted the edge of the Mid Rim, flooding out into the Outer Rim around to Endor and to Mandalore - perhaps in anticipation of a concerted Coreward thrust from all directions.
  5. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Had a longer response to this about ten minutes ago, but lost it.

Rephrasing a bit, the Mandalorian Sector does indeed exist; ruled by Grand Admiral Takel prior to ANH, supposedly in the Outer Rim between Phindar and the Ojoster Sector.
  6. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    List of known Mandalorian worlds/moons:

supposed Mandalore Sector worlds:

- Concord Dawn (Clan Fett home)
    - Shogun
    - Ordo (Clan Ordo home)
    - Gargon
    - Mandallia
    - Mandalore

Other Mandalorian worlds outside Mandalore Sector:

Deep Core / Core Worlds:
    - Kuar
    - Basilisk
    - (Coruscant) >> according to legends of the Taung Shadow Warriors

Rimward Worlds:
    - Dxun
    - (Roon) >> according to legends of the Taung Shadow Warriors found here

1) I agree that the ancient Taung territory near Coruscant and the Core was still held by the Mandalorians long after Coruscant became center of the Galactic Republic. But I wonder what the Republic thought of that and if it knew? I think yes, it knew, because all those statues on coruscant look like Taung with early mandalorian helmets (greek design). How did they loose their Core-territory later on? I suppose during the new Sith wars or after the defeat in the Mandalorian wars.

2) The new Mandalorian core territory, especially of the human Mandalorians later on is Mandalore Sector, which staged Corward attackes from their forward base on Dxun under Mandalore Ordo.

3) Now, Roon, far off. Well, Mandalorians were activ all over the galaxy as weknow, so I suppose the core-territory wasn´t the only mandalorian territory outside of their own sector. maybe near Roon, or close to Endor are other Mandalorian enclaves that got separated or lost after some wars and time. My personal theory is that Roon is either the Taungs homeworld, and from there they started attacking the galaxy and the core, taking Coruscant away from the Zhell, or that Roon belonged to the Zhell or another species who once was attacked by the Mandalorians and survived, or got wiped out documenting what they had seen them do.

PS: something else: If I recall right in one of the YJK novels, second story arc about the diversity alliance, wasn´t there a former mandalorian world where they stumbled upon and met spiders? I think it was that where Ulic Quel Droma and Mandalore had their duel. can one check it out please what content this book has to help us? thx in advance

PS2: Now that we know Mandalores location, the worlds around it, how might they be affected by the Mandalorians and the closeness to their space? Wayland f.e. or Phindar. maybe something with those planets can be retconned to mandalorian connections.
  7. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    CeiranHarmony wrote:
    ?you still have AOL Abel? me, too, maybe those who have AOL or AIM might chat there together??

I?ve actually retired from the IM scene. :( I don't get any work done.

Senator_Cilghal wrote:
    ?I have to say it. To me, Boba's personality in Bounty Hunter Wars totally differed from his personality in Tales Of The Bounty Hunters.?

You?re not the only one, Senator. However, *everyone* is out of character in the Bounty Hunter Wars, so that?s not saying much. I?ve heard it suggested that the series was told from the POV of Dengar, which may be a way out for all the characters involved.

Fist_of_Mandalore wrote:
    ?(we really need a Mando helmet smiley)?

I second that. ]-}

Leto II wrote:
    ?Right next to Serenno -- now we have an intriguing new possible facet to the New Bornalex mission, or at least to the CIS's "influnce" during those years.?

Agreed. :)

??but this now plays MAJOR havoc with the Nagai invasion-corridor as we've interpreted it thus far -- Endor's WAAAAAYYY the hell out on the other side of the galaxy (along with Saijo, presumably), and now we're looking at a massive incursion across the Expansion Zones to get to the Mandalore Sector by Den Siva's forces, unless the easy fix is taken.

More than one Nagai fleet; Lumiya simply led the Moddell-spinward force, with other(s) hitting Mandalore, planet-hopping their way in and entrenching themselves for a time.?

This seems reasonable, but a full fix would still require some roaming by the Mandos.

Take care,
    Abel
  8. Fist_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, someone agrees with me...

Oh, and Note to self: Dont try reading the opening pages of this thread again. It amkes me mad[face_frustrated]
  9. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    When talking of sectors and system, I always get kinda confused...

Take Corellia: it's a sector with Corellia, Selona, Drall and Talus & Tralus - but also with Saccoria, Fro and New-Plymton, afaik. The system of Corellia only consists in Corellia, Selona, Drall and Talus & Tralus - so that is kinda confusing for me...

So sorry, you're right. A system with 5 inhabited planets is usually not normal and actually impossible.
  10. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    I meant, a sector does exist, Mandalore sector. I didn´t mean the system^^
  11. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
  12. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    good to know that you know what I know [face_dancing]
  13. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    >>(we really need a Mando helmet smiley)<<

"Never have that damn thing down in front of me! - How do I know you're not making faces at me under that thing?"
  14. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_mischief][face_whistling]
  15. Senator_Cilghal Force Ghost

star 5
    "Rephrasing a bit, the Mandalorian Sector does indeed exist; ruled by Grand Admiral Takel prior to ANH, supposedly in the Outer Rim between Phindar and the Ojoster Sector."

First, Takel was patrolling the Sector due to the Nagai, Grand ADmirals didn't rule sectors. That's a Moff's job:)

Second, there is no "supposedly" to Mandalore Sector's location. The newest official map clearly shows Mandalore (Mandalore Sector) between Wayland (Ojoster Sector) and Phindar. I wrote that location bit in the Wiki article Leto is alluding too;)
  16. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    Right, but for all intents and purposes, Takel was pretty much the Emperor's Numero Uno Golden Boy for a while there...since we haven't seen a ruling Mandalore Moff established yet, either Takel or The Suprema might fill that gap as the temp de facto for that window (unless mayhaps Abel wants to sound off on this one, kickstarting the whole shenanigan as he did with his "Grand Admirals" piece [face_coffee]).
  17. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    Senator_Cilghal:

First, Takel was patrolling the Sector due to the Nagai, Grand ADmirals didn't rule sectors. That's a Moff's job:)

Well, we know that Moffs were allowed to remain as planetary governors of favorite worlds while holding the moff position. Perhaps Grand Admirals were allowed the same privelige with regards to favorite sectors? It has always sounded like Takel's hold on the Mandalore sector was more than just a standard patrol.

Of course, it could just be that, as Takel was a Gargon native, he was just abnormally attached to his home turf for a Grand Admiral.
  18. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    TOS has some Battlefront II info up, which includes an interesting tidbit:

5. Boba Fett Returns to Kamino to Fight Anti-Troopers
    "Officially, there never was a 'Clone Rebellion' on Kamino," recalls the beleaguered voice of a retired clone. "Unofficially, approximately twenty years after we were created, a special detachment of the Imperial 501st Legion was dispatched to Kamino, with orders to eradicate an army of clones that had been bred to take arms against the Empire. Our mission commander, an expert on the inner workings of Kamino, was a young bounty hunter named Boba Fett."

When last we saw young Boba, he was holding the empty helmet of his father, destined to become the stand-up-to-Vader bounty hunter we see over twenty years later. What happens in between is the fodder for countless hours of fan imagination.

Taking twisted advantage of the bizarre lineage of the characters involved, this mission makes you the clone son of Jango Fett, leading an army of clones of yourself (basically, since Boba has unaltered Jango DNA) back to the planet where you grew up to wipe out another army of clones of yourself.

And the anti-troopers are the good guys. Confused? Good.

Confused? Yes. But this could be an opportunity for some retcons and stuff. This could have been when Boba Fett became a Stormtrooper and killed his commanding officer.

[face_thinking]

Oh yeah, and I got The Art of Star Wars Galaxy and noticed one piece of art: Boba Fett fighting Han on Dagobah. :confused:

Retcon possibilities, anyone? I'm thinking about the real reason why Han was wearing a different shirt when he was thawed out in RotJ. And possibly a Galaxy of Fear or Yoda Stories reference. Or its simply not canon.

[face_hypnotized] [face_mischief]
  19. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    great info about the clone rebellion, finally it is canon in EU hell yes! and to combine it with boba is even better! thx alot for whoever had this brilliant idea.

about the art of thing:
    I prefer this piece to be not canon, though if you want a retcon, go ahead. I just can´t get one to work on this one. maybe tomorrow
  20. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah, I doubt its canon. I mean, one piece of art has a different set of bounty hunters on the Executor. o_O

But for the completists out there...
  21. razzy1319 Jedi Master

star 4

I like it... hope it becomes canon...
  22. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Actually, I didn't know that you knew that I knew... did you know that?

Just watched Mystery Men with my nephew. Couldn't resist. :)
  23. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    I imagine Suprema probably had a strong role in governing Mandalore, though whether he's actually working in a Moff-like capacity is up in the air. I like the idea of Palp having a bunch of his guys in different stations working against each other fueled by their own ambitions, prejudices, desires, and idiosyncrasies. As it stands, I don't mind throwing together both of Leto II's suggestions here along with those jSarek offered in a McEwok-style stew.

Take care,
    Abel
  24. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Rogue_Follower wrote:
    "Confused? Yes. But this could be an opportunity for some retcons and stuff. This could have been when Boba Fett became a Stormtrooper and killed his commanding officer."

An interesting possibility. It does have some problems already, though: how did this retired clone live 20 years (or more)?

"Oh yeah, and I got The Art of Star Wars Galaxy and noticed one piece of art: Boba Fett fighting Han on Dagobah."

Yeah, that's a strange one. I was actually looking through that (incomplete) card set just a few days ago. Forgot I had it. Great art, but I believe a lot of it is specifically refered to as being alternate universe or speculation. Proto-Infinities (though personally, I think I would've enjoyed Infinities titles significantly more had they conceptually taken this radical "What if?" route, rather than the predominant "continuity, whatever, just do your best" route.

"Retcon possibilities, anyone? I'm thinking about the real reason why Han was wearing a different shirt when he was thawed out in RotJ. And possibly a Galaxy of Fear or Yoda Stories reference. Or its simply not canon. "

At this point, it's definitely not canon, as per the theme of the collecting cards on which that book is based. But it can always be dragged in by a good story. Not that I'd do it.

Still, Return to Mount Yoda? ;)

CeiranHarmony wrote:
    "great info about the clone rebellion, finally it is canon in EU hell yes! and to combine it with boba is even better! thx alot for whoever had this brilliant idea."

In the context of the sw.com article, it remains speculation.

Take care,
    Abel
  25. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    >>>Yeah, that's a strange one. I was actually looking through that (incomplete) card set just a few days ago. Forgot I had it. Great art, but I believe a lot of it is specifically refered to as being alternate universe or speculation. Proto-Infinities (though personally, I think I would've enjoyed Infinities titles significantly more had they conceptually taken this radical "What if?" route, rather than the predominant "continuity, whatever, just do your best" route. <<<

The Galaxy card sets are one of the few things that I consider Infinites (not all of them, though) too. They are like comic/book covers in that they're stylized interpretations of events and characters, and aren't always intended to be in continuity. The encounter on Dagobah, along with the Fett's face card, are probably Infinties. That said, they are wonderful, and I wish we still had something this creative today.

I didn't know they weren't all reprinted in the books, though. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.