Insider #80 to feature Mandalorian article, Yo Joe!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndRest-in-Peace, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Which is precisely why the symbol's origins were traced back to the early mythosaurs. The Mandalorian symbol is so iconic, its bound to slip into continuity pre-Jaing. Safety net's ready.

Take care,
    Abel
  2. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    so maybe Jaing lethimself be made into the incarnation of the symbol by chirurgic face altering, adding horns etc.
  3. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Hey folks!

History of the Mandalorians made StarWars.com's list for Best Star Wars stuff of '05. Very cool!

I believe I've mentioned this elsewhere. The mythosaur origin was a safety net retcon for just this sort of thing happening. When I wrote the article, it seemed inevitable that someone would get sloppy and override the Jaing origin simply by slapping the the traditional Mando symbol on someone at an early time period than "Prototypes." So there you go.

Also, nice thoughts Leto II.

Happy New Year folks,
    Abel
  4. wookieepedian1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Congrats Abel! It was truly an awesomely huge article, saturated in information.
  5. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So, I was looking through Tales: Fett Club, and I noticed this guy:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/bobb.jpg]

Could he be Feskitt Bobb (though the timeline doesn't exactly work...), or at least another Mandallian Giant? [face_thinking]

The story's non-canon of course, but its still got a number of cool little things going on in the background. Hey, there's even some sort of Dogalorian that could belong to Sam's race... ;)
  6. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Thanks wookieepedian. Boy, that was over a year ago now. Time flys.

You get extra points for this statement in your sig:

"Tildes are your friends."

:D

Ha! Good eye, Rogue. I just read this story a couple days ago. Seeing as its infinities, sure why not--it's Feskitt. :)

I'll have to look that one up.
  7. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/Rogue_Follower/dogolorian.jpg]
    Dogolorian

[image=http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/70331/sam4max.gif]
    Sam

Looks pretty close... though it could be some sort of giant bunny seen from an odd angle. :p
  8. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    [face_thinking] Sam has disappeared. Probably in preparation for his new game...

The new miniatures set, Bounty Hunters, features Mandalore the Indomitable, complete with mythosaur axe. The article also gives stats for the axe and Crusader armor.

And we get a mini Basilisk War Droid, too.
  9. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    Are they making a new Sam and Max after all?

Very cool! I'm gonna have to drop Sterling a line.

Take care,
    Abel
  10. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep! Though it isn't from LucasArts, its made by Telltale Games, Steve Purcell, and some ex-LucasArts folks. They're releasing it in episodic format starting this fall.
  11. Senator_Cilghal Force Ghost

star 5
    lol, i just did my mandalorian mission and NOW we get Mandalorian stats!

my one complaint is: no stats for the Mandalorian post-Taung species!

the mythosaur axe entry says mythosaurs are "rare (if not extinct)" which allows that a few may still extist as of 4000 BBY!
  12. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Woah, Mandalore the Indomitable looks AWESOME, just as the Basilisk! [face_peace]
    The only thing I don't like is the Mando Warrior... he looks like a Sith Trooper.. [face_worried]

Oh, and since I don't know where to post it, and this thread appears to be not only about the Insider #80 article, I can tell you that Vhonte Tervho, the Mandalorian Woman from "The Clans of Boba Fett" in Insider #86 is back:

[image=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8979/vonteyt4.jpg]
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=193462&GSub=19005&GCat=0&UCat=0

[face_mischief]

13. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow.[face_hypnotized]
  14. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    You can say the same about the following piece. Tom Hodges doesn't cease to impress. :eek:

[image=http://www.tomhodges.com/art_posting/JoeK_small.jpg]

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=193197&GSub=19006&GCat=0&UCat=0

As I take it, that's a commission for a fan, thus the Mando is probably non-official, too. (I contacted Tom to get more on that, I'll post it, then). Especially the Verp looks sweet! [face_mischief]
  15. razzy1319 Jedi Master

star 4
    Re: Mandalorian Stats...

Does it mention how strong they were? or what their level of stamina is?

Just wanted a confirmation if the taungs were strong enough to wear pure mandalorian iron/steel without making it into lighter alloys.
  16. Quiet_Mandalorian Force Ghost

star 5
    I really doubt it's too heavy for humans to wear. More a problem of historical perception than actual weight, I'd think.
  17. jSarek VIP

VIP
    star 4
    They're given a strength stat of 16; average Human strength is 10. Of course, even the run-of-the-mill soldiers are heroic-classed characters, so that says little about the average Mandalorian's stats.
  18. Fsevra Jedi Padawan

for reference, a 16 strength character can carry over twice as much as a 10 strength character.
  19. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    To work out the stat bonus, you'd have to know the default stat array used for the build.

If it's the elite array, I think it would mean Mandalorians would have a +2 Str bonus - less than Wookiees.
  20. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    minor bloodlines info on mandoa:

Vhett = farmer

this is the meaning of the name FETT, like in Boba FETT actually in Mandoa Boba Vhett

and Karen used very much from Abels article.. she explained en detail the backstory with sintas, birthdates, ages etc. given this is great!

Boba was 16, Sintas was 18 when they married and Ailyn was born around 15BBY. They lived on Concord Dawn while he was a Journeyman Protector. All backstory from fett fits now together very well. and.. yes it makes sense why all this happened.
  21. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Sorry Halagad, hate to remove some of your credit but the Mandalore sector was first created in Galaxy Guides 9 as part of Galactic Newstack Weeklys fake articles. It was "stolen" by Rebel Special Ops.
  22. Halagad_Ventor Star Wars Author - SWRPG Designer

VIP
    star 4
    You're right. I noticed that a few months after History of the Mandos, to my chagrin. A casualty of Operation: Diffuse All Nukes.
  23. JMM Author: The Forgotten War, SW Fact File

VIP
    star 3
    That makes a lot of sense. Weren't Jango's parents farmers?
  24. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yep.

[face_laugh]
  25. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't like this. I don't like this at all. Giving Boba Fett a halfway Mando'a-name ruins the character. Period. [face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.