main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider Info: The Upcoming SW TV Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi_TV, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_TV

Jedi_TV Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    Hi! I can't reveal my sources so please don't ask me on this thread or PM me to ask about them. But I do know some people close to the SW TV project and I wanted to share some info with you all.

PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND: I've been sitting on this info for a while. The only reason I feel cool about posting it now is that these options are on the cool side of George's favor now - in other words, he's thinking of doing something entirely different.

However, these are all real ideas mooted by the Man himself. Enjoy!

George entertained 3 ideas, which is why there were so many conflicting rumors.

Idea #1] Was for a live action series on FOX called "Star Wars: Bounty Hunters". Odd as it may seem, GL was inspired by the series "Alias" (I think one of his daughters turned him on to it) and at first wanted to do something like that with Boba Fett. Then GL had some folks in the art dept. design possible bounty hunters other than Boba. But GL soon tired of this idea. What makes "Alias" work is that you root for the heroine - George decided that no one would invest emotionally in a Bounty Hunter, even Boba.

Idea #2] I think Rob Coleman came up with this and pitched it to George: a saturday morning all CG series following the events after ROtJ. GL liked this and even talked to Mark and Carrie about reprising their roles. All of this was sealed by a confidentiality agreement, of course, so don't expect anyone to talk openly about it. GL wrote a long "Young Indy" style treatment for the first sequence of episodes. Reportedly, GL was less than thrilled when he saw beta test versions of the main characters and balked at the expense of the series. It too was nixed.

Idea #3] Lastly, GL picked up the long abandoned idea of a Gungans tv movie ala the 80's 'Ewoks' tv films. He toyed with it being animated then toyed with the idea of cobbling together wireframe and motion capture material with screengrabs of backdrops from the PT. Ahmed Best was brought in to talk about participating. Ahmed had alot of ideas that George liked but once again, the Man got cold feet and nixed the idea. He did get as far as having a little booklet made of abandoned concept art from TPM to suggest sequences and environments to the creative team.

Right now I hear that someone gave GL some of the "Star Wars: Empire" comics and he's seriously thinking of doing something like that, set between episodes III and IV. But George is leaning toward just expanding the Cartoon Network franchise as the best solution. But it's not decided yet.

So there ya go. That's some seriously 'inside' stuff. I hope you liked :)

Unless there's some proof to be had, we can't entertain this thread as "fact"... sorry...

2. Kebis

Kebis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Isn't it a little early for April 1st?

3. Jedi_TV

Jedi_TV Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2004
    This isn't a joke. It's real info. If you don't want to believe "move along".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.