main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Insincere Apology Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rylo Ken, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    To the guy in the exit only lane that tried to pass all the traffic and get back in our lane
    I'm really so very sorry no one made room for you to get back in our lane...

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Don't even joke about being sorry about that.

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm sorry.

Ender Sai likes this.
  4. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999

Yeah, because you're clueless, you should be sorry. An intermediate lift? HAHA yeah 275 is an intermediate lift, that's for sure, FOR A BODY BUILDER! For a highly trained athlete. It's not an "intermediate lift" in any other way. And you know that, but just like the first post indicates, some people just like to troll. If you went out in the population -- and you good and well know this if you live in America -- you wouldn't find anyone who could even bench their body weight on most days, let alone 275. It just wouldn't happen. What you like to do is assign these bizarre straw man arguments, like, "Bowen thinks 275 is a great lift for a professional bodybuilder." No, I don't, and I've never once said that. I would argue that almost any trained lifter who works out regularly and is, say, under 40 years old, is going to be benching 225 or above. It's almost impossible for your genetic potential to be lower than that, so IF you do all of the right things, work out regularly, and have a great diet, you should be able to bench 225 easily and probably much more. That's exactly the point, though, MOST people don't do those things. 99% of the people on this forum couldn't come anywhere near a 225 pound bench.

Why don't you do a bit of research into the subject? I have, it's pretty easy to figure out from numerous studies that a lift anywhere near 300 pounds is about a 1 in 1,000 person lift, so that would by definition make it extremely rare in the population.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Do you even lift?

heels1785 , yeurgh, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I apologise to the 1%

7. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  8. yeurgh

yeurgh Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2016

I'm deeply sorry that you compare yourself against the general, untrained population rather than against the most widely accepted strength standards (from exrx.net):

[​IMG]

PS This is for a competition bench with a pause on chest. If your max is 275 touch-and-go, I'd revise down to 250.

PPS How much do you squat? :)

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm sorry for the following:

Using the "I have gay friends" card in the Senate

Double posting and spamming during my first week as a member (hadn't read rules thoroughly)

Saying that the prequels suck (I've since reevaluated them all)

Repeating the same posts in different threads

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm very sorry for the massive picture of some broccoli dressed as the Sheriff of Lincoln County that I'm going to be posting here in this thread.

Sorry to you, the readers of this thread, because the massive picture of some broccoli dressed as the Sheriff of Lincoln County is completely off-topic, because the picture is obnoxiously large, and because given my position I should be serious and reliable and shouldn't be posting these things.

Sorry to the massive picture of some broccoli dressed as the Sheriff of Lincoln County because it is too pure and innocent for this place full of cynical ingrates that have forgotten how it feels being a kid and having an open mind and a heart full of hope.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Who is #sorrynotsorry about the board snafus the last week or so?

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  13. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    I'm sorry that I usually lurk in the Community section, instead of participating.

14. Emperor_Billy_Bob

Emperor_Billy_Bob Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 9, 2000
    This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sorry as **** that women swearing offends some people more than men swearing.

seattlemusicnerd and Juliet316 like this.
  16. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm sorry I slept with your mom, sister, girlfriend, and best friend.

17. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    I'm sorry that I didn't have the idea to post a giant picture of a piece of broccoli dressed as the sheriff of Lincoln County. I'm sorry I'm going to attempt to capitalize on the popularity of vegetables dressed as things in this thread by shamelessly ripping it off and posting a tomato dressed as the secretary of health and human services shortly.

18. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
  19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm sorry I don't have a rotten tomato to throw at them.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm sorry that Batman v. Superman was so bad that it got a Rotten Tomato score that offended DC fans who then claimed some sort of conspiracy theory like "9/11 was an inside job"...

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm sorry Ghost posted a Spongebob Nightmare Fuel in the Art thread.

Ghost likes this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm sorry Juliet

:p [face_laugh]