Saga "Inspirations" One Night On Corellia (One Post; CorSec agent)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HandmaidenEirtae, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey! This is really in response to the FanFic challenge over at the Writer's Resource Board, where you have to incorporate a piece of dialouge from a movie, book, or TV show in your story. But that's not really what this story is about. This viggy is about one CorSec agent, her undercover mission, and her desire for vengeance.

Disclaimer: All things Star Wars belong to George Lucas.

The women of Rohan learned long ago that those who do not live by the sword can still die by it... - Lady Eowyn, The Two Towers

Another night on Corellia. Another mission, another game of cat-and-mouse, another night I may never see the end of.

So goes the way of an undercover CorSec agent.

Koers walks into the room ? this outfit is hardly modest, might I add. There?s absolutely no room to hide extra weapons. He grins at the sight of me and twirls his finger, motioning for me to turn around.

?Eylta, you look great, as always.?

I ignore him and slip a tiny, disc-like detonator into a hidden pocket up my sleeve. My wrist blaster is already strapped on, a comfortable weight on my right arm, and in my left boot I?ve tucked a vibroknife. The blaster and knife are standard. The detonator is not. As Koers would say, ?We?re after a big one tonight.?

?We topple this guy, and we topple the whole network,? Koers says, tossing me a two-way communicator. I nestle it into my blonde hair and pin it there. ?This guy has slave rings in every major city.?

?I know, Koers.?

?With a fleet big enough that he can operate independently of merchants and other transporters, and enough credit ships to buy off the right officials.?

?I know, Koers.?

?We get this guy, and parents won?t have to be afraid for their children anymore.?

My voice softens. ?I know, Koers.?

We fall into silence as I strap on the last of my accessories. A bracelet goes around my wrist, one of its jewels really a small tracker. I slip a tiny stun stick into my left boot and clip a packet containing two coma-inducing pills to the inside of my collar. CorSec is so kind.

?You need all that?? Koers asks.

I smile tightly. Koers has hadn?t the advantage of doing many undercover missions. ?CorSec agents learned long ago that those who don?t live by their weapons can still die by them.?

I grab my purse, inside of which is a generous allowance of credit chips and a fake ID. My gaze lingers on my desk. Next to my computer terminal is a holo of me and my little sister, taken just last year. I reach out for her, but my fingers brush through the mirage. She?s in Bellinhum?s clutches now.

I turn quickly and head for the door. Koers wishes me good luck ? easy for him to say. He?s sitting out this time and didn?t get the lecture from the Captain. At all costs, she said. Extremely important, very dangerous.

I go out by a back door and climb into a taxi. It drives me halfway across town, then I get out and walk for several blocks. I was going to stop into a club and have a drink, but I am afraid I?ll get caught in traffic and will miss our opportunity. So I hail another taxi and give him directions to the One Dropped Drunk club.

As he drives, I careful review the plan in my mind. CorSec had been tipped off earlier this afternoon that Bellinhum will be at the club tonight. All I had to do was get him to notice me and take me back to his apartment. It was a crazy plan, but apparently the best our genius planners could come up with on such short notice. After CorSec secures Bellinhum?s location ? in very wishful thinking he would take me to his main apartment ? we will have a start point from which to track him and his operations. From there, we will be able to follow him anywhere. To his meetings with slave dealers or to the place where he keeps the kidnapped children. We will be able to see how he meets with and put their faces on our most wanted list.

The tip off was a gift to CorSec, really. Before this, we hadn?t even known what Bellinhu
  2. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Edit: Title Change.

Up!

Tae
  3. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    Very nice. And great quote. ;)
  4. ForbiddenLove Jedi Master

star 4
    Good Golly!! That was fantastic! I wasn't expecting it to end that way. Wow.....

Great job :D
  5. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ty-Gon - :) Thank you very much. Eowyn's one of my favorite characters -- well, they're all really my favorite characters. ;)

ForbiddenLove - [face_blush] Thanks. I'm glad the ending took you by surprise.

Up.

Tae
  6. InyriForge Force Ghost

star 5
    *mouth drops open*

Wow, wasn't expecting that one. Great story.

~Inyri
  7. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *blink blink* OMG.... That was amazing, Tae. Totally unexpected.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.