Insurrectors / Complete (Important Story Notice! 4/24) New Short Story Announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rokangus, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Welcome folks, once again, it's time to start a new story, and I'm glad for any new readers out there that are here to read this. I hope you truly do enjoy. :D

And if you're a veteran of EoT, then welcome back! As you know, this is the third of a four part series chronicling the war between my original characters and the GFFA versus the insidious armies of the Kelpalian dominion.

And with that, it's recap time! :D

In part two of EoT, Dark Spirits we met the leader of the Kelpalians, Queen Jadis. Through dark side sorcery and magic she conjured the shade of the dead Sith Darth Vader in order to wipe the Jedi out, as Vader almost had many years before. However, Jadis' scheme was short circuited by the efforts of the Jedi Battlemaster Kelak Raederth and his companions. Jadis was defeated, but managed to escape at the end of Dark Spirits, and Kelak and his wife, Dejirra, went into hiding with their newborn daughter, Adja.

In the meantime, Kelak's firends: Sephir, Rok, and Teyrnon, vowed to continue the fight against the Kelpalians along with their new firend, the outrageous being Saul.

Insurrectors picks up two years after the end of Dark Spirits.

You all know the legality spiel. I'll leave it at that because I'm a lazy bum. :p

But hey, for those of you who are interested here are the links to the first two parts of Era of Tribulation:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2341271]Ghosts of Horrors Past[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4170624]Dark Spirits[/link]

Alright, enough outta me. Without any further ado, I give you the prologue. :D Again, thank you so much for reading! :D

Prologue

(Musical Note: ¡§Also Spracht Zarathustra¡¨ aka 2001 Space Odyssey Theme: Jazz variation.)

Saul had never been in a modern spaceport before, but it only took him five minutes to figure out how to get his lightsaber and the high-explosive device through the New Republic security measures.

He was wearing a loud Toprawan rainbow shirt with a pair of black slacks, while on his head was a shockball cap featuring the logo of the Pinnacle City Privateers. Saul also carried in one hand a small carry-on bag, and in the other, a simple nerf-hide jacket. Trailing behind him was a trundling R5 astromech unit he had purchased and modified in the past month.

His lightsaber already hidden in the bundle of his jacket, Saul approached the metal/energy detector. The detector was a common security device found in spaceports as well as many other high-security buildings and organizations throughout the New Republic. Not only could the detector pick up different metals common in blasters and other weapons, but it could also pick up the energy signatures found in everything from blaster packs to the dormant energy within grenades and other explosives. Still, as Saul approached the detector station, he wore the confident grin of a harmless traveler.

As his turn came up to enter the detector, Saul thrust his jacket at one of the supervising security officers. ¡§Hold this for me, will ya?¡¨ Saul quipped, staying in character. He passed through the detector without a blip.

Snatching his jacket back from the confused security officer, Saul replied, ¡§Thanks man, I appreciate it.¡¨ The security officer waved him off, as Saul went to the next station where his bags and the astromech droid were checked. As security officials searched through his carry-on, a droid technician approached Saul. ¡§Sir, I¡¦m going to ask you to let me check your droid.¡¨

¡§Sure, go ahead and ask me,¡¨ Saul replied.

The droid tech blanched in confusion, ¡§But¡Kbut I just did, didn¡¦t I?¡¨

Deciding to ride this for all it was worth, Saul put on a look of shock. ¡§You did? Wow! You¡¦re good, man! Must be because you¡¦re such a smart guy, workin¡¦ with droids and all.¡¨

The tech gave him a weird look, and then began to plug his equipment into the R5 unit, ¡§Yeah, must be.¡¨

Saul knew what the droid tech was doing; searching his unit for
  2. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    IT HAS BEGUN!
    - Shang Tsung - MKI

WOHOO! Here we go again! :D :D :D

Righteous start, Rok. Hmmm...Saul + Explosive = <shudder> ;)

3. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master

star 5
    Uh oh... he isn't going to plant those "don't tickle me mauls" or whatever they were called, will he?

Ooh, I hope so... [face_devil]
  4. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Interesting and lovable start. :D

Oh stand back, there's a Saul on the loose. :p

Can't wait for more, amigo!
  5. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Uh oh. What is Saul is up to now? No telling what's going to happen with that loony dude around. :eek: ;)

Cool start!
  6. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Whiskey: And Whiskey gets first post again! :D Wow, that must be a record or something. But can you do it for Part Four too? ;) :p Thanks for the reply! :D

Jaxx: LOL, yeah, don't we all hope. Well i can't give anything away, but as you can probably bet, when Saul's around, it's sure to be nuts. :p Thanks for posting.

Casper: Thank you, yeah I figured a light start would be nce before we get into the darker body of the story. Don't let the intro fool you. The fodder hits the fan fairly quickly. :eek: Thanks again.

Di-Lee:LOL! Be afraid, be very afraid. :p Like I told Jaxx, Saul is nuts, no doubt about it. Let's just hope he keeps the collateral damage to a minimum, right? ;) Thanks for the reply!

7. technomage Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Saul can be as nuts as he likes, as long as he keeps the fatalities among the good guys to a minimum.
  8. Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan

star 4
  9. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, its begun! The insanity of Saul continues! [face_devil]

Thanks for the heads-up about it starting Rok! Looking foward to some good readin'! :D
  10. princess-sari Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yay!! It's here!!! :D :D :D

Great first post, Rok! I remember reading this before, but it was even better now that I know all about Saul. I can't wait to find out exactly what he's up to!

Looking forward to more! :)
  11. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Techno: LOL, good point. Though I think in two years Saul may have learned a little restraint...hopefully. :p Thanks for the reply!:D

Ty-Gon: Great glad you're liking it, man. :D

Jaded: Yupp, the insanity just keeps on going. ;) You get the feeling that saul is one of those kinds of people who's always walking around to some song by Michael Jackson or somebody. :p Thanks for the reply!

Sari: That's right I think I did post a nippet of this a long time ago somewhere else. But yes, knowing who Saul is makes it all the better. Or perhaps scarier is a better adjective. :eek: ;) Thanks again. :D

SURGE UPWARDS!!!
  12. Tygon_Jinnus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, that was the spoiler post you put on the "Update and Planning Thread" back when you were tormenting us by putting off the premiere of Dark Spirits.

Still, "Fine, go ahead and ask me" cracked me up again. :D
  13. DarkATX Jedi Master

star 4
    Very interesting...I'll be watching this post with great interest [face_mischief]
  14. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
  15. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thanks guys! :D

Sorry about not posting yesterday, but after my three, count 'em, three[/] midterms, I decided that the rest of that particular day wasn't worth living through so I slept until theis morning. :p

But that was then, this is now, and here's a new post for the day. :D

Inside the NRI facility, a pair of guards disguised as sales clerks challenged Saul. The NRI building masqueraded as a clothing store, with the ?Employee?s Only? doors leading to stairs that led to a vast underground facility.

They took his ID badge and passed it through a scanner. While they were verifying it, one of the guards turned to him and said, ?I don?t think I?ve ever seen you before. Are you new around here.?

Saul stuffed his hands into his deep pockets, and shuffled around on his feet. ?Ah, shucks. Ya got me there,? Saul replied using a slight Vesuvian accent. ?Got transferred in here coupla weeks ago.?

?Really, from where,? the other guard asked, testing him.

Playing a hunch, Saul merely winked, and pointed up in the air.

The guard?s eyes went wide with realization, ?Ah! Ah I see, from headquarters on Chandrila. Very well. Glad to have you with us, Mister?Durbin.?

Cha-ching, Saul thought, jackpot. So the NRI headquarters were located on Chandrila. That would be important to remember in the future. ?Well, thankee guvna,? Saul replied, nodding his head and proceeded to shuffle off towards the back of the clothing store. As he approached the employees only door, he casually checked his chronometer. Just a few more minutes before the fireworks began.

Up on the roof, the countdown within the R5 droid reached the ten second mark. Suddenly, a hairline fracture appeared on the top of the droid?s cylindrical head. That cracked widened as the droids body literally split in half. The two halves spread apart to reveal a complex piece of machinery crowned by of all things, a fully functional proton torpedo.

The R5 unit was, in truth, little more than a cleverly disguised torpedo launcher. While it still had the absolute basics required for an astromech droid in the outer portions of the shell, the inside was totally devoted to a self-automated launcher system. The reason the droid tech at the spaceport hadn?t detected it was because the launcher was completely isolated from the rest of the systems inside the droid, save for the simple catch located on the droid?s antenna.

As the system continued to countdown, the droid?s third leg began to control the pitch of the torpedo by tilting the R5?s body. It?s target, a small waste disposal facility located just behind the covert NRI base. There were enough flammable chemicals and oily rags in there to ensure a good blaze that would be big enough to at least threaten the nearby NRI facility. And for sure get the attention of all the NRI officials inside, giving Saul the diversion he needed. Saul also chose it as a target because the facility was completely manned by droids. No innocent bystanders would be killed if he could help it.

The countdown reached zero, and in a brilliant blue flash, the proton torpedo lifted off, and blasted up into the Corulag twilight. Then it changed its trajectory radically and practically flew straight down into the unmanned waste disposal facility. A great explosion rocked the entire city block; causing several beings to sit bolt upright in bed, after just having turned in for the night.

Immediately after launch the two halves of the droid snapped back into place, and the droid resumed its previous programming as if nothing had ever happened. It noted that for some odd reason it was now missing several kilos of mass, but its internal processing unit automatically disregarded the inexplicable fact as irrelevant. Adjusting its forward third leg, the droid trundled off towards a turbolift to meet at the place Saul had programmed it to.

Deep below in the NRI facility, Saul felt the ground shake under his feet, and he knew the time had come. Around him sirens began to b
  16. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Uh oh, mesa tinks ol' Borsky in trubba now...

Gee, where can I get one of those R5 torpedo droids? I could use one around here. ;)

Cool post, Rok. I wonder what the prime ape's been up to...

17. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If there is secret, behind-the-senate trouble Fey?lya is sure to be the source of it! :(

I applaud Saul on his smoothly executed infiltration! :D

Looking forward to more and I hope your midterms went well Rok!
  18. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
    My line! :D *grins like an idiot for no reason* What? Don't mind me, I just don't like Fey'la. Not one milliliter, err, ounce? ;)

Hehe, I don't think I should post when I'm goofy. But I will anyway. Or I may never post. :eek:
  19. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Whiskey: Thanks! Yeah, Borsk and trouble are like hands and cookie jars. You almost always find the former in the latter. ;) And as for the R5's, I hear Crazy Larry's Military Surplus is having a clearance sale. :p Thanks for the reply! :D

Jaded: Thanks for your concern, Jaded. :) Don't know how the midterms went yet, but I'm not all that eager to find out, if you know what I mean. :p And yeah Borsk still has plenty more scheming to do. ;) I haven't done all that much in this story to encourage any sympathy for that particular bothan.:p

Aralna: LOL! Yupp, there's your line. ;) And like I've been saying, Borsk'll be doing plenty more to earn everyone's hatred and enmity. And he'll be doing it pretty qquick too. :eek: What disasters await our heroes? Stay tuned to find out! ;)Thanks again for the reply.

UPPERS!
  20. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Saul is a handy man to have around in any situation. :D

Good post, indeed what is the Esteemed Furball up to? :p

POOF!
  21. Tygon_Jinnus Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Heh. The droid wrote it off as irrelevant that he was missing mass? A large chunk of brain-wiring must have been removed for that proton torpedo. :p
  22. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Casper: Very true, and you'll see just how handy Saul is in a few chapters or so. ;) But of course, we'll find out what Borsk has been up to first. :eek: Thanks again. :D

Ty-Gon: LOL! Well you know, torpedos take up a lot of room. Something had to go. :p Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying this so far. :D

And now, the first actual chapter, and we start to delve into some of the other characters involved here. Hope y'all enjoy. :D

(Musical Note: "By Myself" by Linkin Park)

Chapter 1: Initiation

Lightsabers clashed while the sound of gasping and panting, and boots stomping filled the dimly lit chamber. The two combatants were both dressed in thick black body suits to provide some protection from the lightsabers. They were Sith initiates testing their mettle against each other in a round of lightsaber combat. While the Jedi believed in training with harmless wooden sticks, the Sith found that the scars and burns earned from carelessness was a strong motivator in the training of their warriors.

And through it all, Seri Nodrey, known as Darth Ruin to the two students, watched through half-lidded eyes. She had matured in the Sith ways and for the past two years she had searched for and trained the two sith initiates who battled before her.

Her physical appearance had radically altered over the past two years. The naïve teen of seventeen she had been as a Jedi apprentice was long gone. Now at age twenty she was at her physical and mental peak. That wasn?t all that had changed. The helmet she had once worn to hide her face was gone, the need for concealment no longer necessary. Now her face had dark tattoos around the eyes and mouth, giving her now pale face the look of a skull. Her auburn hair still framed that face, but it hung straight and lifeless around her head, lacking the vitality it once had. And as a final touch, her eyes now were the wolfish yellow of a true Sith.

One of the initiates skidded to a halt just before the simple mat Seri was sitting cross-legged on. Seri didn?t flinch or move; she could easily pluck up the initiate if he grew careless enough to fumble into her. And she would be sure to reprimand him severely enough that he wouldn?t be so foolish in the future.

As the fierce lightsaber battle raged on around her, Seri contemplated the Sith cause she had championed. Even though her own teacher, the holocron gatekeeper Weft, had cautioned against taking on two apprentices at once, even he had to admit the training had gone incredibly well. As Seri had planned almost two years ago, she only gave the initiates a meager amount of Force-teaching, and even less in the Sith arts. Right now, Seri?s trainees were little more than highly trained assassins. With a little more training, they may be formidable enough to face the Jedi, but that wasn?t her main concern. No, her main concern was that they would be powerful enough to face the might of the Kelpalians, Seri?s declared enemies. The Kelpalians hadn?t just taken and destroyed her home in their mad quest for galactic domination. They had taken something much more personal from her.

However there was something special about these two apprentices that Seri had chosen. The problem with training more than one apprentice was an age-old problem for the Sith. The rule of two declared that at any one time there could only be two sith in existence, a master and an apprentice, so that there would be no rivalry like the kind that had nearly destroyed the Sith Order millennia ago. However the problem with that, Seri reasoned, was that the Sith were then limited to working in the background. The limited training was one countermeasure Seri had devised to circumvent the rule of two. But she had found another that was even more successful.

In a flash, Seri?s eyes snapped open and she rose to her feet in a fluid motion. ?Stop!? she bellowed at the two initiates who froze in their tracks. Their faces were covered with protective masks, but their body language conveyed the shock generated by their mas
  23. Casper_Knightshade Jedi Master

star 6
    Hehehehehe, Ruin is going to school you guys in the art of whoophiney! :D

SWAT!
  24. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh no! Jadis now Seri! What is it with all these scary women! :eek: You're making us girls look so... evil Rok! [face_devil]

Well... sometimes we might get a little evil... :D
  25. Rokangus Jedi Knight

star 5
    Casper: LOL! Yes, time for yet another lesson in "Who's the Boss Around Here." :p Or maybe Seri has something else to tell them. Stay tuned to find out! :D

Jaded: Whoops! Well I suppose I do tend to use female villains a lot around here, but it's not necessarily because that's how I see women. In fact all of my villains prior to EoT were exclusively male. Then I got to the point where I realized, "Hey, I need to get out of that rut". And personally I knida like the GFFA is really lacking in terms of decent female villains. Isard looked promising, but got boring and predictable after book one, and Daala wasn't even a threat in my opinion. Mara was the best thing female villains had going then they turned her into a good guy. Hence I've been trying to make Jadis as interesting a female villain as possible, while still keeping her completely evil. Seri, though, is in many respects a kind of salute to Casper's Sith Maidens. If female villains have been lacking, female Sith in profic are nearly non-existent. Casper has gone a long way to correct and reverse much of this in his fics, for which I greatly applaud him. So in Seri I'm just trying my hand at creating a Sith Mistress. Though with Seri I have far greater freedom in terms of character evelopment as time goes by. Unlike Jadis, she's a 'recent' convert to the dark side, and some good still colors her actions and behavior. In fact the sith in general have a very interesting role to play in INS, as you will see soon enough.

But enough out of me. UPPERS so others may read!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.