main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insurrectors / Complete (Important Story Notice! 4/24) New Short Story Announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rokangus, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    I'll take Mike's Hard Lemonade...

Oh wait, I'm not "legal" yet...

Um, yeah. "Lemonade", eh? "Hard" as in... cold. Ya know, it gets hard when it's frozen...

*eyes wander innocently as Jaxx whistles and slowly begins to sidestep out of the place, then after moving for a few feet, he breaks out in a full out run, sprinting away from whatever authorities may be chasing him.

He ends up in the Palace of Whiskey, with his good friend, Whiskey ;) *

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollll!! :D

Can't wait......any.......longer...... :p

3. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL!! Thanks Jaxx, and Casper! While the story itself won't be coming out for a while, you can rest easy knowing that there will be plenty of trailers to go around. ;)

But today, I have something different! I bring some nifty select images for your enjoyment! Enjoy!

Red Knight

Blue Knight

4. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! :D

5. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    oooooooooooooooh, these are cool!

I've said it before, and I'm gonna say it again- you're a freaking ninja, dude!

My best drawing would comprise of a stick figure with balloons for hands and feets :p

Those drawings are stunning! I was just going to come here and ask what's the status of this whole she-bang (more trailers, new story, etc...), and I find these two drawings.

Those are AWESOME!

6. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Ah, mecha madness...kinda gives you that warm fuzzy feeling all over, don't it? :D

Can't wait until April...at least then it'll be warmer than it is now...BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

7. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed those images. I promise I'll have more soon (hopefully with actual characters. ;)) Also sometime in early February the next trailer should be on it's way. ;)

Once again thanks for hanging in there! April will be here befor we all know it. (Or at least it seems that way to me...:eek:)

8. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Trailor in early February, eh? That's good. By the way, loving the images. Mecha fun.

Is HF premiering in early, mid, or late April? Or is the month as specific as it gets for right now?

9. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Actually I just finished the aforementioned trailer last night, so if you guys are up for some spoilerage, I can supply. ;)

Hmmm, as for the exact release date, it's looking to be late april so far. :( Despite my seeming rapid progress on the trailers, the progress on the story (plotline not included) has been rather slow. But if I can get my act in gear, maybe I'll be able to bumb up the premier to mid-april. ;)

ZOOM!

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, I'm ready for a post whenever you are!

As for the next series, I can wait. As long as it DOES come out eventually, that's cool, and it doesn't matter when.

11. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Well today is the first day of February, so that makes it early February right? ;)

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, here is the trailer that most, if not all have been waiting for...that's right the trailer where you get a breif glimpse of those villains you created way, way back when. ;) So sit back, relax, and prepare to be chilled. [face_devil]

{Cue: ?The Might of Rome? from Gladiator OST}

[Scene fades in from black. It shows the back of Queen Jadis as she stares out from a high balcony at night. There is the sound of footsteps behind her, and the large bulky form of High Inquisitor Vargos appears on the screen. The High Inquisitor bows down on one knee, as Jadis shifts her head slightly to look at him before turning her attention away again, and waving her hand in a dismissive manner. Vargos looks up and begins to speak.]

Vargos: You have summoned me, my Queen?

[The scene changes point of view to show the front of Jadis, with Vargos kneeling in the background. Only the bottom half of her face can be seen as she speaks.}

Jadis: Yes, my loyal retainer. I have a rather large request to make of you.

Vargos: My life is yours, Queen Jadis. Ask and I shall carry forth your will.

Jadis: This war has gone on far too long. There wasn?t even supposed to be a war. Only conquest? But now everything has changed?

Vargos: My Queen?

Jadis: <Ignoring Vargos> It is time for this pointless struggle to end. But there is one who continues to stand in my way, no matter how hard I try to crush him.

Vargos: You refer to the Jedi turned General. Kelak Raederth.

[Jadis smiles cruelly as she slowly turns to face Vargos again.}

Jadis: Your thoughts lie very close to mine, my loyal Inquisitor. <Her face darkens suddenly> It is clear that Kelak Raederth is a determined enemy and opponent to my Dominion and my will. His crimes against me are many, and for that he will pay before he dies. I want his last days to be filled with unending agony and pain. And before I end his miserable life once and for all, I want him kneeling before me, broken and despairing, begging me to end his misery.

Vargos: You want the Novolek Council, then.

Jadis: <smiling cruelly again> Precisely. Pull whatever strings you need, but I want as many of them put on this job as possible. Can it be done High Inquisitor?

Vargos: <Bowing again, while making an odd sound like chuckling> Fear not my Queen, I have already assembled the Novoleks. All of them are here, down to the very last one.

[Cue ?Glass Shatters? by Disturbed.]

[The scene changes, but Vargos? voice is still heard. The scene displays the silhouettes of seven beings of various shapes and sizes. Vargos speaks upon them, the Novolek Council]

Vargos: The Novolek Council is comprised of the Kelpalian Dominion?s most powerful, most feared, most ruthless, and most cunning Talents. To merely hear the word Novolek would cause any Kelpalian citizen to quake in fear. But the names of these beings are the stuff of nightmares for young children and adults alike.

[The scene switches to show a hugely muscled human with wild blondish hair. He wears black leather all over his body, including a black cowboy hat that is pulled roguishly over his unkempt hair. Bandoliers are strapped over a leather jacket that only partially covers his bare chest. He grins with the insane sneer of a natural born killer.]

Vargos: Neoz the Arsenal. Destroyer of entire populations, Neoz is a walking armory of weapons. Troops, vehicles, heavy weapons, even buildings can not stand in the way of the awesome firepower at his control.

[Neoz draws a huge pair of revolvers from inside his ankle length jacket and opens fire immediately on a group of advancing soldiers. Though they only appear to be pistols they fire as rapidly as a repeating blaster, reaping swaths of death. Holstering the pair of weapons quickly, Neoz reaches around behind him and grabs what appears to be a large narrow casket that was previously strapped to his back. Hoisting it up on

12. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    All right! I've said it before and I'll say it again: a good hero needs some good villains. And these look like some good villains. Looking forward to HF even more.

13. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    That's just cooooooooooooooooooooooooool. :D

14. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Yay!!!!!!!

You included him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even in name!!

Ok, so Forza was only in one or two lines, but I get the feeling you'll put him to GREAT use.

All the other ones are spectacular as well. I get the feeling that the blind swordswoman will pose a serious threat though... but to whom? I know Jadis ordered them to take out Kelak, but there's still Seri, who's an able swordswoman in her own right...

Crikey, Rokangus, what have you done?!?!

15. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    <rubs hands together devilishly>

Oooooo, I'm gonna like this....[face_devil]

16. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks everybody! :D

And yes, Jaxx has hit upon a very interesting point; just because the novoleks have been sent after Kelak, that does not mean they won't be making mischeif for others along the way.

However all I can promise at this point is plenty of chaos and mayhem. [face_devil] Disn' gonna be fun indeedy.

17. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Holy cow!

So many villains! So little time!

Go Sablos!

18. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Ty-gon! :D

And guess what! More Select Imagery Goodness is here for your collective enjoyment! :D

GDF Logo

Novolek Council

Major props go to Whiskey for helping me with some ideas for the GDF symbol. Thanks for the ideas man, you really helped get the ball rolling on that one!

Stay tuned for more in the future folks, and thanks again for your awesome support! ^_^

19. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    Schweetness! I LOVE the GDF logo, and the Novolek Council is awesome.

Although Exlan sort of reminds me of Jacko, what with the hair covering the face and the tiny nose :p

Nah, it's a really really really good drawing. I like it alot- it's exactly how I pictured each and every one of them.

Ninja-ness!

20. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! I suppose he does look a little like Jacko...:p Whether or not that was intentional, I leave that to you all to decide. [face_laugh]

As to the logo, yeah, Whiskey and I were bouncing ideas off each other a long time ago, and it was he who came up with the scales in the background and the sword. Again major props to the Drunken Gungan!

ZOOM!!

21. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
  22. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Jaxx! Once more, for more folks to see!

23. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    My subscription thingy had run out! :eek: I'm glad I noticed the lack of emails and decided to check.

The new villians look like they'll make life very... interesting in a GFFA. :)

24. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks aralna! Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. And you got three fellow JCers to thank for it. :p

UPPERS!!

25. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    IMPORTANT NEWS BULLETIN

Greetings again everyone! Thanks to all those who still watch this thread for the occassional tidbit of information. Believe me I really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, this time I must be the bearer of bad news:

Due to new circumstances, after much thinking, pondering, self-haggling and finag'ling, I have reached this decision:

Posting of the fourth part of the Era of tribulation, HellFire, will be indefinitely post-poned.

I did not come to this decision easily, especially after promising for so long that posting would begin sometime around mid-april. Unfortunately several events have come together to force me to this conclusion. The slow pace of accomplished writing had some to do with this but as many of you may surmise, the most presssing reason lies in the recent decision to split the boards.

It is unfortunate that the decision to test the splitting of the boards happens to fall right during the time when I had planned to begin HellFire; as it stands, with the new boards in a state of may or may not, I'd hate to start posting the story only to find at some point that these new boards don't work, and have to switch them back to the original boards. And no new threads are able to be started here in this board now which further complicates the problem.

So what I plan to do is just wait and see. If it seems in the next few months that the new boards will remain stable then posting should start by the end of April (powers-that-be willing).

Again I am very sorry to do this to you all, but this new split-boards decision has really forced my hand here. Hopefully this whole can be resolved soon and I can get back to what I want to do: story-telling! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.