main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insurrectors / Complete (Important Story Notice! 4/24) New Short Story Announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rokangus, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Whiskey: LOL! That's hilarious!Yeah i imagine it could go something like that. ;) And don't worry you'll see what Captain Ape thinks of Saul soon enough. And I assure you he will not be pleased. Thanks again for the reply!

Sari: Yes, I know what you mean. When I was first writing that part of the chapter, I was thinking, "Luke and Saul...what am I thinking!?" But I have my reasons which you will see soon enough. ;) Thanks again, I'm glad you're enjoying this. :D

2. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    Good posting, Rok, can't wait for more.

And thank yourself: without fans like you, I don't do the Select Image

[image=http://www.geocities.com/casper_knightshade/Rokbanner.gif]

3. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Casper: Aw, thanks man! :D Well glad you like the drawings and sketches; should have something new and interesting up next weekend. ;)

But now, it's time for some more story, and some interesting introspection.

*********************************************The NR trooper hadn?t been lying. When they had checked into the main lobby to see Chief of State Fey?lya, his prim Bothan secretary had politely told them to take a seat and wait. And so they did?for several hours.

While the Jedi Master used the time to draw rest from the Force, Saul did his best to annoy the secretary. While she was looking away, he wore a grin that would?ve made a Chowdinian Mime cringe. But when she whirled around to glare at him, his face returned to a neutral calm that belied the glee he was feeling inside. At last, the female Bothan huffed indignantly, and set a screen around her desk.

Saul sighed contentedly, mission accomplished. Suddenly, next to him, Master Skywalker returned to wakefulness and sat up.

?Something up?? Saul asked in mild concern.

?No, not at all,? Luke said as he stretched out, ?I just need to do something else for a while.?

?Hmm, you and me both,? Saul said, referring to his loss of entertainment.

?Well?in that case, why don?t we just talk for a while,? Master Skywalker offered, ?Why the last time I saw you was nearly two years ago, and you were in pretty bad shape. Since then all I?ve gotten is what your friend Teyrnon has told me.?

?Okay, look?whatever he told you about me that?s bad?is a lie,? Saul said.

?Relax, Saul, I?m not here to judge you,? Master Skywalker placated, ?You?ve come a long way in two years and I?m just curious about what you?ve been going through. I could use some insight on someone from your kind of background.?

?In other words, you want to really make sure I?m not faking the light side thing,?

?What makes you think that??

?Let?s face it, I?d be a little suspicious of me if I were in your shoes,? replied Saul.

?I?m not,? promised Luke, ?I can sense that you?re intentions are genuine, and after years of experience I?ve developed a good sense of character.?

?Well some people don?t seem to agree with you on that.?

?You mean my wife, Mara,? Master Skywalker said, reading Saul?s thoughts.

?Let?s just say, she never smiles when I?m in the same room,? Saul grinned.

?Mara has always been suspicious of the dark side, its just her background,? Luke explained, ?You can?t blame her for being cautious.?

Saul grew serious, ?No I suppose not. But I wasn't just refering to her you know. I know there are a lot of Jedi who have studied there history, and know who I partly am. There are a lot of Jedi back on Yavin 4 who wouldn't mind putting a lightsaber through my chest in the name of the light."

To that, Luke had no reply. But before the uneasy tension could settle in, Saul spoke again.

"You know what my greatest regret is??

?What?? Master Skywalker asked curiously.

?Getting a second chance,? Saul replied, ?Because now I know that I was given a second chance for a reason. Problem is, I have no idea what that reason is! And now that I?ve returned to the light, everyone is going to be suspicious that at any moment I?m going to go back to the dark side. Do you have any idea what its like to be held at a higher standard than everyone else??

Master Skywalker nodded sadly. ?Yes, I do have something of an idea of what it is like.?

Suddenly the Secretary put down the screen and turned to them. ?The Chief of State will see you now.? With that she promptly put the screen back up and went back to her work.

Saul stood up and stretched his limbs. ?Hmm, we only had to wait four hours. I think that must be a new record.?

Smiling, Master Skywalker rose to his feet as well. ?Just promise me you?ll pretend to show some respect to Fey?lya once we?re inside.?

?Pretend?now that I can do,? Saul promised.

4. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Interesting point of sane view Saul has....I think it gave him some sanity to express.

Noticed I said only 'Some'. ;)

Can't wait for the sun shine again. Because its time...to see.........TOUPEE MAN!

<Bothan turn coat runs into the meeting> IT'S A TOUPEE, IT'S ALL A TOUPEE!!! :p

ZARK!

5. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    Luke and Saul, whudathunk?

?[face_plain]

Fun, nonetheless :D

Great posting, Rokangus, keep it up!

6. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Casper: Yupp, Saul may be insane, but there are times when he tends to ocsillate into moments of sanity, and in those moments, he has significant introspection. Saul is a very unique character, and you'll see that he has a very unique purpose in the overall plot. And though he is nuts, that's not to say he is ignorant of his situation, as the last post demonstrated. He just has a different way of looking at things, not unlike Nadja Moranna in some respects. Thanks again for the thoughts, and LOL on Borsk! [face_laugh]

Jaxx: Yeah, though this is the only moment I have planned where Luke and Saul interact, it is a necessary one I think. I wanted to demonstrate here two vastly different individuals, and show how they can have some common ground. At the same time, I wanted to expose more of Saul's character, as he does have a vastly larger role than mere comic relief. Thanks again, glad you enjoyed that scene! :D

UPPERS!!

7. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Okay, now for the end of Chapter 5 and a twist...

Fey?lya?s private office was expansive, nearly the size of half a shockball court. The carpet was soft and plush, and several subtly colored curtains hung from ceiling to floor. At the far end of the room, Chief of State Borsk Fey?lya sat at a stone desk jotting down something on a datapad.

As Master Skywalker and Saul approached the desk, Fey?lya continued to write with his stylus appearing to not notice them. The Jedi Master stood quietly, a model of patience and serenity, while Saul rocked back and forth on his heels. Several minutes passed where the only sound was the mild scribble of Fey?lya?s stylus on the datapad. At length Saul found he couldn?t take much more of Fey?lya?s silent treatment. So bringing the palms of his hands up to his face, he took a deep breath and?

PPPHHHHFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!!

The stylus snapped as Fey?lya flinched. Gently putting the broken stylus and datapad away, the Chief of state looked up at them for the first time. ?Why, Master Skywalker, what a surprise!? Fey?lya exclaimed with a neutral expression, ?If I had known you were coming today I would have cleared my schedule.? He stopped abruptly as Saul snickered uncontrollably. The Bothan shot him a withering glare that caused Saul to grin all the more madly. ?I don?t believe I?m familiar with your companion,? he said dryly.

?The name?s Saul,? Saul introduced himself shaking Fey?lya?s hand roughly, ?And trust me, the pleasure is all mine.?

Fey?lya pretended to ignore Saul and turned back to Master Skywalker. ?So tell me, what can I do for you today??

Master Skywalker smiled slyly and turned back to Saul. ?Why don?t you be the one to show the Chief of State,? the Jedi Master replied.

?With pleasure,? Saul said with a feral grin, and then he pulled out the download he had taken from Corulag and began to outline it to Fey?lya, whose fur began to ripple very erratically. When Saul was finished, Borsk merely leaned back in his chair, his lips sealed.

?Why wasn?t I told about this,? Luke said quietly but with force behind the words.

Fey?lya?s eyes flicked furtively back to Master Skywalker. ?You were going to be told of course, as soon as it passed through the final approval stages.?

?It appears to be that it already has been through the final approval stages,? Master Skywalker replied, ?Now I?ll ask you again, why wasn?t I or any of the other Jedi told about these plans.?

Borsk once more evaded the question, ?Where did you get these documents from? From one of your spies? Did your Jedi pull it from the mind of one of my officers??

?If you won?t answer my first question,? replied Master Skywalker, ?then at least tell me why you?re doing something like this.?

Fey?lya sniffed indignantly, ?Very well, if you must know, both the Senate Advisory Council and myself agree that certain guarantees must be made to ensure the help of the Jedi against the Kelpalian Menace.?

?The Jedi have always promised their aid to the galaxy,? Luke insisted, ?And do you not already have our ?loyalty? through your legislation.?

?Like I said, we want guarantees,? Fey?lya said pointedly, ?And lets just say that the Jedi haven?t been as cooperative as we need them to be.?

?So you?re just going to brainwash all the new recruits and lock up all those that refuse to blindly follow you, is that it?? Saul pressed.

?Those are such harsh words for it,? Fey?lya replied.

?You can?t expect to get away with something like this,? Luke said trying to reason with him.

?Why, because you?re going to warn them?? Fey?lya replied, ?Believe me neither of you are going anywhere.?

Suddenly a squad of NR guards burst in through the office?s entrance aiming their blasters at the two Jedi. Saul instantly responded by pulling out his lightsaber and igniting it, while Luke continued to look straight at Borsk. But as the guards drew closer, both felt the Force suddenly leave them. Seeing the telltale nutrient frames on the backs of the guards the

8. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    :eek: Oh Poopie! :eek:

Well, at least they brought the party favors. :p

Toupee Man is pushing the wrong buttons here. It's the Empire all over again, with the Rebellons mistakes on Hoth and other engagments; the more things change, the more things stay the same.

LOOK OUT!

9. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Casper! :D Yeah, somethings never do change or go away, and political corruption seems to be one of those things. But glad you liked it, and i promise you, Toupee man goes to much deeper lows than this. ;)

But just what is the Omnicron facility? :eek: Stay tuned to find out!

UP so others may see and read!

10. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I have a bad feeling about this... Just what is our furry friend up to?

As for Omnicron... no idea... perhaps a second Jedi purge?

11. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    At this point, I would really like to introduce Borski to Rogaine. Really, really, really. [face_mischief]

I have a little idea about what Omnicron might be...but I'm usually wrong when I try to guess what authors are up to, so my lips are staying zipped. :D

Great posts, Rok, and I can't wait to read more!! :)

12. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Jaxx: Aye, that phrase certainly fits the situation. ;) And just what is ol' Borsky up to? Doesn't he realize that his bright ideas aren't all that bright? :p Thanks for the reply! :D

Sari: LOL! But remember it's all a toupee! It'd just slide right off him! :p LOL, that would be a sight to see wouldn't it? And don't worry about voicing your ideas. I opened this place up to speculation a while ago, and I don't believe I told you anything vital. Have I? :p In any case, ya never know. You may be right. :D Thanks again!

UPPERS!!!

13. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Evening UP!!

14. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    That Omnicron facility better have more ysalamiri than Saul has bad jokes, or it's gonna be one helluva fight! :D

Excellent posting, Rok. Can't wait to see what kind of tag team Luke and Saul make.

<PUNT> Gettin' yousa uppa dere!

15. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Whiskey: LOL! True, true, and though I hate to say it, Borsky is prepared in that sense. However, there's nothing like a good challenge to highten suspense. ;) Thanks for the reply! :D

And now for Chapter 6...

Chapter 6: Turn Back

(Several days later?)

?I don?t like this at all,? Sephir said dourly, ?First, Mara loses all contact with Master Skywalker, now we just receive news that a NR task force is entering the system. Something stinks of rotten Bothan.?

?You?re not the only one,? Mara replied bitterly. Understandably, she was in a horrible mood after almost being led to believe that her husband was dead. Now though they were reasonably sure that he was still alive, only captured along with Saul, although that didn?t make it any easier for Mara to deal with.

?Well, I think it?s obvious we have to stop them,? Teyrnon exclaimed, ?Obviously now that Borsk?s plan has been revealed he?s trying to capture the Jedi now to silence them.?

?You?re right on track, my friend,? Sephir complimented, ?But it looks like the New Republic has sent one of its Mon Cal cruisers. It?s one of the big ones, an MC-90. One of those has over 75 turbolaser batteries, not to mention the 30 ion cannons, the eight tractor beams, and no less than six capital scale torpedo and missile tubes. It?d take six ships like the Excelsis to even think about challenging one of those suckers.?

?Sephir?s right, plus those cruisers are well armored,? Mara pointed out, ?The Mon Calamari designed their cruisers with multiple shield generators that can come on line as soon as any falter. No, fighting this thing is absolutely out of the question.?

?So what, we wait until it starts sending out landing shuttles packed full of troopers carrying ysalamiri packs?? Teyrnon asked in exasperation.?

At this point, Rok entered the conversation for the first time. Crossing his arms thoughtfully he said, ?You know, there might be a way to prevent the cruiser from launching transports, without having to fire a single shot?how far out is the Republic vessel??

?By now? I?d estimate another half hour before it is close enough to deploy its shuttles,? remarked Sephir.

?Then we?d better get moving,? replied Rok, ?I?ll fly the Excelsis up; it?ll be essential for my plan.?

?I?m going up with you,? Mara said in a tone that didn?t allow for disagreement, ?Sephir, Teyrnon, you two stay here at the Academy with the others in case this doesn?t work.?

?You?re the boss, ma?am,? Sephir replied politely, then to Rok asked, ?What exactly is your plan??

The Vhinech wookie gave him a feral grin, ?I take it you haven?t participated in too many peaceful demonstrations in the past, have you??

As the Excelsis cleared Yavin 4?s atmosphere, the oblong shape of the Mon Cal cruiser loomed into view. Shaped like a fat, elliptical cigar, the Mon Cal cruiser was the backbone of the New Republic Navy, almost as much as the triangular shaped Star Destroyers that also filled many of the NR fleets. But more and more often those ships, more powerful though they may be, were being replaced by the NR?s own Mon Cal cruisers, which were manufactured by the aquatic Mon Calamari.

Rok sat at the helm of the Excelsis, a Chiss-built vessel, much smaller than the other vessel. It was maybe about a fifth of the size of the Mon Cal, if that. And its weapon complement, while admirable for a vessel of its size, was barely a fraction of that of the massive NR cruiser. As Rok guided the Excelsis closer to the Mon Cal, Mara sat at the tactical station, eyeing the NR vessel with caution. The NR was supposed to be allies with the Empire as well as the Jedi. But would it fire upon the Imperial vessel anyways?

Soon the NR cruiser began to hail them. ?Imperial corvette, this is the New Republic warship Oberon. Identify yourselves immediately.?

?This is the private vessel Excelsis,? Rok said as he continued to approach the NR vessel. The Oberon?s turbolasers remained silent as they drew closer. On the comm line, the NR

16. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
  17. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Ditto Dookie! :p

Rok, what are you doing your crazy Vhinech-Wookiee! Stop that! Peace demonstrations only get people killed.....oh, that's right, this is the Republic.

Never mind! ;)

18. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Sorry I've been lurking. Bad me. :(

Oh no! Lukie captured! Oh- I hate that Bothan! I hope Mara gives him a lightsaber shave! :mad: :p

19. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Whiskey: Thanks, I couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

Casper: LOL! Point, kind of ironic how Peace demonstrations do end up that way. ;) But yeah this is the New Republic, they don't have the guts to do some of things you see nowadays. Or do they? :eek: ;) Thanks again!

Jaded: LOL! Now you see why I was apprehenisve earlier. But fear not, Luke won't stay captured for long. But beyond that. I'm afraid I can't tell you anymore. ;) Thanks for the reply! :D

But I will tell you all this. During an email corresondance with Casper, the conversation ended up on the topic of art. And I said something to the effect of how I was planning to do an anime version of some of the EoT characters. Then last night as I was thinking to myself, I thought: Hey, why don't I do something like that!

Problem: I don't know how to draw anime. :( However, as it turns out, there's about a bazillion sites out there with anime drawing tutorials. :D So problem solved.

As of now, I have tow drawings of characters finished that I plan to have on the official site tomorrow. Heck maybe I'll introduce them as the next Select Images. ;)

Stay Tuned!! :D

20. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    I know a few How to draw Anime sites too, but....they're very unChristian like, so I better not give you the links. ;) :p

TOUPEE!

21. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah it's okay. To be honest, i'm fairly tolerant of secular stuff seeing as I'm bombarded by it 24-7. So as long as the charaters on those sites are cornholing each other everywhich way from tuesday, I don't think it would bother me all that much. But then again, I have all the material I need so far, so it won't make much difference in the long run anyway.

But while I'm scanning that stuff, here's the next part of chapter six for all of you to enjoy. I took a cue from Casper's writing style back in TDH and this scene features a few perspective changes of one event. Kind of an iffy post I guess, but I'll let you guys be the final judges of that. ;)

?We seem to be having a systems malfunction,? Rok said with a smile. Let them stew on that one for a while.

From the Tactical station, Mara looked out of the Excelsis? viewport. ?I can see shuttles in there,? she said in frustration, ?They really were going to launch a landing party.?

Before Rok could add his sentiments, the holo-comm crackled to life this time, an image of a man appearing on the small holoprojector. ?This is the captain of the Oberon! What is the meaning of your interference!??

?Let me handle this,? Rok said as he approached the holo-projector. Then clearing his throat, in a slow tone he began to growl out a series of sounds, that sounded halfway between spoken speech and grunts and growls.

The Republic captain stared at him incredulously for a moment and then exploded in cursing. ?Get that protocol droid over here now!? he shouted.

Rok gave Mara a thumbs up, ?Works every time.? Mara merely shook her head in embarrassment.

The Captain reappeared on the holo-field this time with a shiny silver protocol droid in his wake. ?Tell me what the heck this thing is saying!? The captain commanded at the droid, while pointing towards Rok. The Vhinech-wookie continued his bellowing, as the protocol droid took on a definite nervous look.

The protocol droid flinched nervously, ?My, this is no dialect of wookie that I?ve ever heard before??

Meanwhile the captain was still raging at the protocol droid. ?I don?t care if it?s not wookie, what is it then??

Mara likewise was curious, ?You?re not talking in Wookie? What language are you using??

?An ancient tongue used by the Vhinphyc,? Rok said, then added mischievously, ?spoken in a Wookie accent.?

?Enough of this,? the captain said casting aside the droid, ?Now I?m here on personal order of the Chief of State to assist the Jedi in evacuating the planet. We haven?t reason to believe that the Academy is being targeted by a Kelpalian attack.?

?That won?t be necessary, Captain,? Mara said, interrupting, ?We Jedi are more than capable of protecting ourselves.?

?Well, at last someone who understands basic,? the captain groused. Rok snuffed indignantly. ?You don?t seem to understand, Miss??

?No you don?t understand!? Mara countered angrily, ?We don?t need your ?help?. So why don?t you just save yourself the trouble and just turn your ship around.?

?I don?t think you fully appreciate what we?re trying to do here?? the captain said indignantly.

?Oh I quite understand what you?re trying to do here,? Mara said, ?And I?m sick and tired of being lied to??

?What?!?

?You heard me,? Mara shot back mercilessly, ?Now either you take your ship away from here of I?ll take your ship, all your little shuttles full of all your little soldiers and shove the whole mess up your??

Dang, Rok thought to himself, she can get pretty pissed when she?s riled. He tried to keep himself from smiling as Mara continued her rant.

??and if that?s not enough for you, I?ll take my lightsaber and shove that up that pretty little??

??of yours and jiggle it around a little bit, how about that??

Down on Yavin 4 Sephir stroked his chin in amusement while Teyrnon?s lower jaw had fallen open in shock. Both were listening in on the conversation going on between Mara and the captain of the Oberon. And neither could believe what they were hearin

22. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    much to do??? MUCH TO DO?!?!?!

That's GOTTA be one of the greatest understatements in the history of the Era of Tribulation!

cool post :D

23. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Apr 17, 2000
    ROTFLUMSSOAMGSOAOTP
    (Rolling on the floor laughing until my sides split open and my guts spill out all over the place)

Holy )(*$&%)(#&()#@$_)@#*$_)@#*)()(&)(*&(!

Mara, you could make Dennis Leary blush with that kind of language...mesa likin' it [face_devil]

That poor NR captain. Gotta feel for him, being the victim of something even Luke hasn't encountered...yet ;)

Cool post!

24. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Jaxx: LOL! Yeah, that it would be. Though I think I still have a "I have a bad feeling about this" thrown in there somewhere. ;) Thanks again for the reply! :D

Whiskey: Whoops, sorry, guess I should have posted a surgeon generals warning or something. But I'm glad you enjoyed it; that was partly why I posted it, for the reaction. ;) And yeah you do got to feel sorry for the poor guy. It's not easy to take trash talk from a woman. :p Thanks again! :D

Okay, I got those pics uploaded like I promised, and here they are. I'd really appreciate some feedback on them. Do you like this style better than my previous one? Would you like to see more done in this style in the future? Your answers are pretty much dictate how I do my art in the future, so please be brutally honest with me. :)
    Dejirra

Kelak

Jadis

Thanks, I really appreciate it, y'all. ;)

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! Yeah, boy, take that flamming Yamaha and shove it right up your :p

Get him, Mara, GET HIM! SICK HIM! Show them how to pack the Emperor's Hand way. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.