main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insurrectors / Complete (Important Story Notice! 4/24) New Short Story Announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rokangus, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Hehehe, now we just got to get an angry Mara and the bad Bothan in small room with a bunch of small sharp objects and we'd see a real 'showdown'. :eek:

I liked your pictures Rok! Kelak was my favorite! Keep it up!

2. technomage

technomage Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2000
    I could almost feel my earwax melting. And I only read it!

I like the anime style more than the other style. But then, I've always been partial to that cartoon form.

3. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Casper: LOL! Yeah, what can I say, it's Mara. To have her do any less wouldn't be true to her character in some respects. Glad you liked that too, thanks! :D

Jaded: Yes that would be fun, but too easy. Worry not, Toupee man is going to writhe and suffer before the story is over. [face_devil] ;) And I'm glad you liked the pics. Yeah, I really liked the way Kelak turned out too. He actually lookshow I envision him in my mind. The same goes with Dejirra. I guess I just needed that anime look to get her exuberance across. ;) Jadis still needs some work though, but that is a story for another day. Thanks again! :D

Techno: LOL! Yes, Mara does have a sort of scathing quality. ;) And I am glad you like this style better too. I'm quite taken to it, and as I've told a few others I'm sorely tempted to redo my entire collection in anime style now. :eek:

So with that inmind, expect to see some more updates in the near future. Also, on a thought, I'm willing to take requests! :D You got it, it doesn't even have to be a character from my stories, i'll gladly take my best try at any of your guys' characters, if you want, just so I can get some much needed practice. if you're interested, just PM me, with the name, physical description, as well as a brief personality description just to give me some ideas for pose.

Thanks again everybody! See ya again monday! :D

4. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    MORPID!

EDIT: Hey lookie! They got me a Saul icon! JOY! :D

5. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Grand_Admiral_Jaxx Jedi Master star 5

Dec 23, 2000
    I like the anime pics! The only thing... Dejirra's eyes seem a bit big- was that intentional? I don't recall reading that Dejirra has big eyes (except when she's shocked, pissed, etc...)

And LOL on your icon! That is so damn funny...

I'm surprised you didn't draw a smiling maul before :eek:

6. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Ah, good question Jaxx, and it's kind of a two-part answer. There's kind of an effect in anime which I've dubbed the 'bright-eyed-and spiky-haired' effect, whereas a lot of anime characters tend to have big eyes and spiked hairdos. So part of the reason I did it was that, the other reason just boils down to Dejirra's personality. The other kind of anime 'eyes' are the narrow slitted ones that tend to give the character a very seductive look. And not to say that dejirra lacks in sex appeal, but her personality is more of the bright and excited type, hence the large eyes.

As for a pic of smiling maul, I have one in the works. ;) Thanks again, glad you liked those drawings. :D

7. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    anime, magna, and yes even the less than child friendly hentai, are different drawing disciplines with thier own unique sub-disciplines in which up and coming artist adopt and go by; anime in general can look the same, and folks think it's the same group of artist, but in reality they are not.

The sub-disciplines are more or less named after the ones who developed them.

But all and all, there's more or less some general guidelines to follow, and they ususally end up at instructional websites like the ones Rok went to.

8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    I think one of the largest selling points of anime-style artistry is how deeply it can reflect on a person's character.

For instance, the person with the sensible eyes and soft features is typically the hero or heroine of the story, while the disproportionate lugnut with the different eyes and continuous wild gestures is typically the comic relief in a story.

And as for the bad guys...well...anime just adds a chill to their portraits that basically grabs you and says 'YES! I'M EVIL AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.'

I really enjoyed those pictures of yours, Rok...a definite new dimension on the characters. Can't wait to see more.

9. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Thanks Casper and whiskey, and both of you have excellent points. There is definetely a style to follow and a distinctive look that results.

Formore info, here is the link to the site I used:

Tutorial

Thanks again everybody! :D Postie in the morning.

10. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Postie time! :D

?They?ll be back you know,? Sephir said. Once more they were all gathered inside the Jedi Temple as the giant gas planet of Yavin was beginning to set in the sky. ?And next time with more ships. I just don?t know what we?re going to do about this.?

?I know what you mean, it would not only be impossible to fight the whole Republic but wrong,? Mara agreed, ?but I certainly won?t stand by as they try to enslave us and on top of that hold my husband captive. I just won?t stand for it.?

?We understand you really,? replied Rok, ?but you have to admit if the Jedi go gung-ho against the Republic in any way, even with the aid of the Empire, it?ll only make matters worse. Then we?ll have to deal with both the Kelpalians and the Republic. We need a real plan.?

?I wish Kelak were here,? Teyrnon noted glumly from a table, ?I bet he?d know what to do.?

Rok nodded in agreement, ?True, we are in great need of a Battlemaster.?

?I agree with both of you, but Kelak?s not going to be found until he wants to be, and that?s that.?

?Well if there was a time for him to reappear, surely now is that time,? Mara insisted.

?Look, I?m telling you, we have no idea where he is, and we have no way to communicate with him either, so he doesn?t even know there?s a problem,? Sephir replied in turn, ?If we knew where he was that would be one thing, but as I keep telling you??

?I know where he is.?

The reaction was almost unanimous between heads whirling around in confusion and mouths hanging open agape. Aileron Raederth, Kelak?s only living relative that was older than him, stood in the doorway leaning on a cane. ?I know where he and his family is,? he repeated again, ?Forgive me for intruding but I heard the heated discussion and couldn?t help but listen in.?

?How?? was all Sephir could say at first, ?I thought no one was supposed to know??

?You?re right,? Aileron agreed, ?It was only through a bit of cleverness that I found out, myself.?

?Please, enlighten us,? replied Rok with a knowing grin.

?Well like you said earlier, Kelak and his family can?t be contacted,? Aileron began, ?That doesn?t mean they can?t contact any of us.?

?Which apparently they did with you,? Mara surmised.

?You think they wouldn?t try to contact me, the honorary grandfather, on the birthday of their precious daughter to let me know how they?re doing?? Aileron asked slyly, ?In any case, while they never revealed their location, I was able to guess where they were from background noises and images.?

?If you don?t mind sparing us the details,? Sephir replied, ?Just where do you think they are.?

?Naboo,? Aileron said simply, ?I am sure of it.?

No one spoke from the shock of the revelation until Rok burst out laughing. ?Hah, figures that he?d do something clever, like that. Never in all my days would I have guessed that they were there all along.?

?How sure are you that its Naboo,? Sephir pressed, ?I don?t mean to doubt you, but we can?t afford to jump to conclusions.?

?I understand,? replied Aileron, ?I know because I could hear gungan voices, ever so faintly in the background. And gungans are only found in one place in large numbers in the galaxy.?

?That?s good enough for me,? replied Teyrnon rising to his feet, ?I say we head for Naboo as soon as possible. I?m sure Kelak will understand us coming for him.?

?You boys do that,? Mara agreed, ?I?ll hold down the Academy in case any more Republic ships return.?

?Just contact us if you have any trouble and we?ll come as soon as possible,? confirmed Sephir.

As they began to disembark for the Excelsis, Aileron stopped Sephir. ?Please,? he said, ?Take me along with you.?

?Are you sure?? Sephir asked, ?I mean you haven?t been in such great shape lately.?

?I?ll be fine, I?m not incompetent yet,? Aileron insisted, ?And please, I haven?t even seen Adja in person yet. And it?s been two years since I?ve seen Kelak and Dejirra. Please let me come along, I promise to stay out of the way.?

Sephir could h

11. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Let's all go to Naboo! Now it's time to drag Big Daddy Raederth and Big Mama Gheruit into this fracas. Might as well bring Adja; she can be deadly with her soiled diapers. :eek:

Great post. More.

12. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    spoiled diapers? pshaw... she's in her terrible twos....

Jadis: COME WITH ME!

Adjan: NO!

YES!

NO!

YES!

NO!

13. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Casper: LOL! Actaully, some of my friends and I once joked about using soiled diapers in place of conventional bombs. And considering the gross(no pun intended ;)) diaper output of the US per week, we could have millions of these things ready at a mere fraction of the cost it takes to make bombs today. ;) LOL, thanks again! :D

Jaxx: Well, with an entire legion of Talents at her beck and call, Jadis probably isn't interested in converting a two-year old. :p Now Seri on the other hand... :eek: ;) Hope I didn't give too much away there. Thanks again!

UPPERS!!

14. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Dang those Gungans... always ruin the surprise! :p

Great chapter Rok! Can't wait for 7!

15. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL! Yeah, she would be a little old for diapers, but some kids do need that extra time. ;)

What prompted me to do that was this that movie 'What Planet Are You From?' with Gary Shandling. Instead, though, I imagine Kelak and Dejirra being cornered by Rogue Talents and Queen Jadis and her saying, "What will you do now, Battlemaster?"

Kelak says, "Improvise". He then hands Adja over to Dejirra, pulls down Adja's drawers, and yells, "Feel the power of Gheruit Poop!"

Dejirra give Adja a little shake, and Whammo! out comes high speed poodoo! :eek: :p. Dejirra practically swings herself around Rambo style and screams, "How ya like those string peas? Taste good?"

LOL!

16. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Um, not to be picky, Casper, but Rogue Talents?

If any rogue talents started picking on the Jedi, a certain teacher wouldn't be overly pleased, methinks. ;)

We all know whatcha meant...just being a Gungan. :D

17. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Jaded: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed that. :D LOL, yeah Gungans do make it tough to keep a secret I suppose. :p Must come from having such big mouths. ;) Thanks again!

Casper: LOL! Now there is a scene! [face_laugh] Can't guarantee that it'll be in the story, but hey, ya nevah know. :p Thanks! :D

Whiskey: LOL! Must've just been a freudian slip, right? :p Thanks, glad you enjoyed that last bit, more coming up later on today.

Okay, check it out, I got my second physics midtrerm today, so y'all wish me luck. ONce I get back, I'll post chapter 7. Check ya later. ;)

18. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    [face_blush]Whoops, wrong thread. Sorry Whiskey[face_blush]. You can tell I have 'Stranger in a Strange Land' on the mind.

Oh now I done it; I plugged Whiskey's thread. I am such a bad boy. ;)

19. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Great posts, Rok!
    Good thing Aileron overheard that conversation!
    I wonder how Kelak and Dejirra will react to being found?

Can't wait for more! :)

Oh, and when I saw ya with that smiling Maul icon, I cracked up. It's so perfect!!! [face_laugh]
    Hope your physics midterm goes well! :)

20. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Casper: Hey, plug away my friend,I don't mind a bit. ;) And I can understand having SiaSL on the brain. I have it myself! :eek: ;) Thanks again.

Sari: Yeah, isn't it nifty? :p Yeah, I saw it on the icon options and did a happy dance right then and there. :D As to Kelak and dejirra's reaction, you'll have to wait a few chapters but it's coming. Thanks again!

Now, however, it's time we rejoined our favorite Sith Marauder. ;)

Chapter 7: Under Fire

Seri sat on a high bluff while her two fellow Sith stood beside her looking around at the wide green and mountainous landscape. In quiet contemplation, Seri began to draw guidance from the dark side of the Force by slowly building up her rage. As she did so she also drew power off the impatience and confusion of her two apprentices as they wondered what their master was doing.

They were on Dathomir, a relatively unpopulated planet. Unpopulated that is, except for one extraordinary group of people. Dathomir was famous for two things. The first were the monstrous looking Rancor creatures that were actually quite docile in the wild, but could be trained to be exceptionally vicious. But even more amazing than those, were the Force-sensitive Witches who lived in many separate clans dotting the surface of Dathomir.

Many of the Dathomir witches had joined the ranks of the Jedi, some of the most famous being Jedi like Kirana Ti and the daughter of a Hapan Prince and Dathomiran witch, Tenel Ka. However in the past some of the witches had experimented in the dark side breeding a tribe of dark side witches known as the Nightsisters. However the Nightsisters had been wiped out almost a generation before, their dark kind exterminated.

However, Seri and her apprentices were going to find a way to resurrect the Nightsisters and add them to the fold of the Sith. But first they needed a plan.

Darth Rage ceased his pacing and turned to Seri, his impatience finally boiling over. ?What are we doing here? We?re just wasting our time sitting around here, Master.?

Seri opened one yellow eye and regarded Rage. ?If you were mindful of the present, you?d know we?re on a planet filled with hundreds of beings who would wish us dead on sight. Now given, we could possibly destroy them all in a spectacular holocaust of dark side fury; but that?s not what we came here to do.?

?And what is it we came here to do then, Master Ruin,? Shade asked, joining her brother?s side.

Seri closed her eye again, and sighed deeply, ?We came here to enlist new members. And that won?t happen if we openly attack them. We must convince them that we are their friends, their only hope.?

?I just want to do something,? Rage insisted, ?We have stayed our wrath for too long. I want to show these weaklings the power of our fury.?

?Intelligent fury, Rage,? Seri reminded, ?You would do well to learn control.? Then after some thought she said, ?Tell you what. To keep you both occupied, why don?t you both scout out the nearby area. Find the closest clan settlement and report back to me when you find it. It is imperative that no one knows of our presence. Is that clear??

?Of course, Master Ruin,? Rage agreed, bowing his head, ?Come sister, let us find the lair of these witches.

BTW, good call Jaxx, earlier on. ;)

21. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Whatever you do, Twins, don't bring a broom: the witches hate sterotypes. ;) :p

Seri is surely trying to consoldate/recreate the old factions of the Sith Order. Hope her hopes are not set too high. There's a lot of ego there.

22. Grand_Admiral_Jaxx

Dec 23, 2000
    I WAS RIGHT!!! WOOOOOHOOOO!

*does happy dance*

Whew, ok... so I did guess correctly for the next source :D

Things are shaping up nicely for our Sith Marauders.

23. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Casper: LOL! Yes, Dathomirian witches hate that stereotype. :p And yes, ego is a constant problem to be dealt with, which is part of the reason Seri is limiting the training of her students. the less they know the easier they are to control. Thanks again for the reply! :D

Jaxx: Yupp, so far things are going according to plan. But then again, we're just barely getting started. :eek: ;) Thanks, glad you're enjoying this.

24. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Here's some more chapter seven, with some Sith action...

Shade and Rage returned hours later as the sky was just beginning to turn crimson with the setting sun. Seri was sitting just as they had left her, cross-legged next to their ship, head bowed in slight meditation. As soon as the two Sith were within a few feet of their master, Seri?s head snapped up and her eyes focused instantly on them.

?Welcome back,?? She said simply, rising to her feet in one fluid motion, ?I trust you were successful??

?There is a village a few kilometers to the southeast,? Shade informed her, ?It is called the Rising Moon Clan.?

?You have done well, both of you,? Seri replied, ?I have been waiting for you. I have a plan that will serve our needs. Come now and follow me.?

The other two Sith obeyed, and followed Seri as she led them over several hills, and into a dark jungle valley. Twilight was upon them, and Rage and Shade had to rely more on the Force to see. However Seri, with her sithian eyes, was already afforded splendid night-vision. Soon they arrived at their destination and Seri halted them. She pointed in the dim light to a pack of creatures moving slowly around the valley floor.

?Are those Rancors?? asked Rage curiously.

?Close,? replied Seri, ?They appear to be close cousins of the creatures; I don?t know what they?re called. But they?ll be perfect for what I have in mind. Give me the location of the Rising Moon clan,? she commanded to her apprentices. They did so, opening their minds, so that Seri could obtain the location she needed. With that she leaped down into the valley floor and began to approach the huge beasts.

There was some similarity to the massive Rancors; large arms and a hulking chest, but instead of a blunt boxy head, the snouts of these creatures was more elongated, and the eyes were located up on stubby eye-stocks, giving them a wide field of vision.

Seri halted a few feet away, and began to channel the dark side into her mind. At the same time she reached out to the herd of creatures with her mind, invading their thoughts. Then, channeling the dark side into the minds of the creatures, Seri set her plan into action. As the dark side flowed into the minds of the creatures, flooding their senses with feelings of anger and fear, a great commotion broke out as the creatures began to panic. Expecting this Seri again reached out to direct them, sending them stampeding on a path leading straight to the Rising Moon Clan.

?Guide them towards the village!? Seri screamed at Rage and Shade, indicating the huge stampeding beasts, ?Make sure they stay on course!?

As Shade and Rage dashed off after the beasts, Seri sank to one knee as she caught her breath. It had been quite an undertaking, using the dark side like that on a herd full of creatures. The rush of power leaving her body left her winded as if she had just run a marathon. I?ll need to get used to using power like that, Seri chastised herself, if I am to lead an army of Sith warriors. Standing up resolutely, Seri augmented herself with the Force and began to give chase to the stampeding creatures.

Seri arrived almost an hour later as the creatures were already attacking the village. Unlike the home of the Singing Mountain Clan, which was high on a mountain, the Rising Moon Clan was located in a clearing of jungle, much more easily accessible. Seri found Rage and Shade crouching high in a tree as the creatures wrought havoc inside the village.

?What do we do now?? Shade asked as Seri joined them.

?We wait just a bit longer,? Seri said calmly as she watched the battle unfold. Apparently the rampaging creatures had caught the village unawares, as many dwellings were smashed flat and only a handful of beings were fighting the enraged and frightened creatures. The witches fought valiantly, from the backs of Rancors or on the ground using the Force. But Seri could see they were fighting a losing battle. Most of the witches seemed inexperienced in fighting on such terms as t

25. Casper_Knightshade

Oct 18, 2000
    Well there's two ways to achieve new dark side friends: kiss their butts or save their butts.

I see Seri wisely choosed the latter; she won't need any chapstick. :p

I am for the Sith Way, as you very well know. ;)

FORWARD................TUNA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.