main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interactive R2 Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by JodoKast74, Oct 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Has anyone found any other secrets besides the Awards and Imperial themes??

Just curious if there were any others.

Jodo Kast

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Hey buddy. :D Sadly, I do not have this toy yet. :( But some of the other guys around here were talking about some easter eggs.... :)

3. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    I've spend hours playing with my R2, and haven't found any.

4. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    What is the awards? I found the Imperial March by asking if he remembers Vader, then Anakin. In addition, ask him to dance after that and his version of the Cantina song sounds different.

How did you get the other ones?

5. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    ill get it this xmas

6. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Ask him "Do you remember Luke Skywalker", then ask him "Do you remember Han Solo" and then ask him "Do you remember Chewbacca" one after another(in any order) and R2 will play the awards them at the end of ANH.

7. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Thank you Jodo!

Anyone got any more? I'm trying so many combinations but nothing yet.

Are there any others that don't involve asking him "Do you remember..."?

8. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    It's not realy an easter egg, but if you ask him about the Wampa, he will do the same as Jabba and Vader.

9. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah, I tried saying stuff like Jango Fett and Boba Fett, and he reacts like he does with Jabba the Hutt. Either those were programmed in but not published, or they sound to him like other names.

10. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I read at Yakface You can get R2 to follow you! I haven't tried it yet though. 1st - Say Reset System , 2nd - Hey R2 , 3rd - Follow me :D I'm going to try it now.

EDIT: It Worked!! :D R2 followed me & When I walked up to him he would back up! :) I Love having my own R2-D2 :D He's A Lot of Fun! [face_laugh]

11. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I can't wait till Christmas morning when this lil guy will be cruising around the tree :D

12. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    I just setted up my christmas tree at my room :D really...

and now a christmas song:

chruising around, the christmas tree
    and a happy holiday...

:D

there is an artto under my christmas tree (but it is onlymy cookie jar :( :)

13. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    try things like hey aretoo ...

CLONE TROOPER
    DARTH MAUL
    TRADE FEDERATION
    COUNT DOOKU
    ZAM WESSEL

Worth a try :confused:

14. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I haven't spent a lot of time with my R2 and I have been finding mine to be a typical astromech....he has a mind of his own!

I need to sit down and really try some of the other things that he can do....so far, I have only scratched the surface....and more often than not...mine goes berserk!

15. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Well my Artoo freaks out everytime I mention Master Yoda or Jar Jar. He acts like he would if I would've asked him Jabba the Hutt.

Heh I guess the stick treatment given to him by Yoda in Empire got to him.

-Universal

16. bru87tr

bru87tr Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    if you simply ask him hey r2 ? come here.

he will come to you.

17. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I don't have it.........YET, but maybe try Mace, Yoda, Padme/Amidala, Jar Jar, Watto, Nemoidians, sebulba, Maul, 3po, various podracers, and other various members of the Jc. You know what would be funny, to see what happens when you ask him: " Do you remember R2-D2?" :)

-Yoda ;)

18. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    this isn't much of an easter egg as it is a problem:

Has anyone played "Answer This" with Artoo? I have tried this game with my Artoo and someone elses, getting the same result. I'd give him the command and he would spin his head once, and he would just slooooowly turn his head, beep, and turn again, and generally screw up. Anyone else have this problem?

19. bru87tr

bru87tr Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    fanboy: yes it doesnt seem to work when asking answer this. i get the samething.

I never thought of asking him if he remembers r2-d2. lol

20. borjis fett

borjis fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 1999

here's one..maybe.

just whistle and click and imitate his language. He'll chat up a storm with you! :D

21. Wookie Pnub

Wookie Pnub Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2000
    When you whistle and click, he just shakes his head and indicates that he doesn't understand.

...Which is perfectly reasonable, as technically you'd be speaking gibberish to him. :)

The Imperial March is my favourite egg so far. I wonder just how many hidden variations there are.

I love watching the dogs react in fear and surprise while Artoo trundles around the living room.

:)

22. bru87tr

bru87tr Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2002
    I dont know if its me but when I leave him in default companion mode....... my 2 year old daughter will talk to him and he responds to her better than me and makes sounds I dont hear when i play with him. i wonder if hes programed to interact with toddlers ???? lol

23. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    I just got R2 yesterday, and I love him! He's absolutely great, but he definitely has a mind of his own. Either that, or about 50% of the time he thinks I said something else, because he starts roaming around and doesn't listen anymore. Anyway, I tried these Easter eggs and they're great!

24. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm bumping this up to see if anyone has discovered any other easter eggs.

I've gotten the Imperial March and Awards Theme to work. I'll have to try the Follow Me command.

Another thing I've noticed, when you ask him if he remembers Princess Leia, he either plays her message, or he does that weird walk he does when he remembers Padme. Is he imitating a woman's swagger when he does that?

25. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Funny you just bumped this. I had to look through the pages to find this thread about an hour ago to find it for a friend who just got R2 for Christmas :p .

saber_holder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.