main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Interactive R2

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Darth-Zod, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Have any of you purchased the interactive R2-D2? I just finished reading the thread about him on the collecting board. If it wasn't for work, I'd be running out to buy one right now!

2. southbeach

southbeach Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    I picked one at the TRU in N Olmsted. I was doubtful in getting it at first, but once I opened and turned it on that regret went away instantly. One of best SW toy I bought.

3. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'd love to get one really bad, but unless R2 can figure out how to pay my bills for me after I've shelled out a fifth of my paycheck for him, I'm not gonna be able to buy him...

4. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Is it anything like the interactive Yoda that came out a few years ago? I was sooo dissapointed with that toy.

Someone list a review here of R2...please!

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Heh, I still have my Interactive Yoda in the box sealed...and he's staying that way.
    I've read multiple reviews on that toy and everyone can't stop praising the thing. He does a lot of stuff like, responding and turning his head when you talk, responds to voice commands, can chase around things (like cats!), can play games, holds 12oz pop cans in his retractable arm, works well on carpet, has a sensor so he doesn't run into walls (I think), etc. All in all he seems really cool, and I haven't heard a major complaint yet, except for the fact that he eats batteries quickly, so everyone resorts to rechargable batteries for him. Only thing is that he's like 1/3 the size of a real R2...other than that he seems like the most impressive SW toy out there, not to mention a great technological improvement in toys altogether.

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    AGH! I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I want one too. BUT WHERE'S THE INTERACTIVE 3PO TO COME WITH IT???

8. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I want one too, but it's just a little bit too expensive for me right now. I owe my mom a lot of money right now...

Maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas... :D

9. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
  10. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

Mar 9, 2002
    Quote Random "BUT WHERE'S THE INTERACTIVE 3P0 TO GO WITH IT???"

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=UJ324

Click on that... He's totally life-size, only thing is that he'd cost you more than a brand new car...for that money, that isn't the droid you're looking for lol.

11. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Quote Reborn: "Click on that..."

NO CLICKIE!!! :_|

12. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Sorry Random, that Vader is one piece. Just like the Stormtrooper they used to sell. You won't be able to wear it. ;)

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Well put me in front of a red reactor exhaust gate...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

14. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    My home computer blew up last night, literally! I booted it up and left the room, then I heard a POW! When I reentered the room there was smoke coming from the cpu tower. Now the money I was going to spend on an R2 has to go towards building a new computer. :_|

15. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Wow, I bet you "*(family board)*ed" at everything in sight when you realized that.

Buy a Mac, you'll be fine.

-b-

16. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    AGH! NO! NOT ANOTHER MAC FAN!
    MAC'S SUCK FOR TEH STUFF THAT COUNTS! AGH!!!!!!!!!!!

FOOLS! ALL OF YOU!!!! AGGHHHH!!!!!!

oh, sorry, did I say that?

17. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    the stuff that counts? what do you mean? like audio editing? sound effects? automated dialog replacement? video compositing? 3D modeling?

you know, the film industry?

got news for you. if it's not a silicon graphics workstation, its a mac.

so, remember that when you sit down to re-read line into a mic and the ADR tech is just syncing your words up with your lips using a powerbook on his lap. and that means you don't have to reshoot a whole *(family board)* scene. not reshooting means not paying everyone they need, means more time to shoot other stuff, means in short, more money for extras.

so what do macs suck for?

CRAP! i just realized i just spent 10 min feeding a *(family board)* troll!

-b-

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "so what do macs suck for?"

You're a Mac(k)... why don't you tell us?

19. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Yes, movie editing and all of that stuff is the only thing they are good for.

20. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    I've started to bid on it at ebay, but I keep getting out bidded at the last minute. AGH!

21. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    "Yes, movie editing and all of that stuff is the only thing they are good for."

And page layout, and photoshop, and internet development, and pre-press design...

You cannot look at any piece of media anywhere on the planet (especiially hollywood) and not see the work of a mac somewhere... I guess lots of people don't think they suck.

-b-

22. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Oh no, they got Brian started on the advantages of MACs...I thought I was safe from this crusade here :_|

Sorry to hear about your computer Zod...prioritizing finances is a real pain (I know)...freelancing isn't paying "da bills" as much as I would like. And that NEED vs WANT struggle can get frustrating.

I finally saw one of the Interactive R2 @ Wal-Mart in N. Olmsted. I knew it was going to be expensive...but WOW! I'm not really interested in getting one, until we're talking about the REAL THING :D

"R2, fire up the NEON..we're going to see Episode III!"

23. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    I said I had to build a new computer, not buy one. Any computer you buy in a store is (family board), MACs and PCs.

24. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    i never said i didn't build my mac... ;)

when you buy a gutted stock machine, it's just like buying a case and mobo...

-b-

25. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    Krash, why did you have to mention a store that had an R2 in stock? I was in the area on Friday so I stopped just to look at him. The next thing I know, I'm walking out of the store with R2 under my arm. He is cool though. I guess you all will see him at meeting 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.