main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Interest in starting a new chapter in Salisbury, NC

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by IamaSith, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    I am proposing to start a new Fan Force chapter centrally based in Salisbury, NC that would serve Rowan county and it's immediate neighbors. I would like to start this chapter to give the residents of this county and her neighbors a more convenient location to participate in Star Wars related activities and form new friendships. Currently, to particpate in any functions of the Fan Force, a person from this area has to drive the 45 minutes to an hour away either south to Charlotte (Which would have the most activities) or east or west to smaller chapters outside of this community.

This new chapter will serve the existing Star Wars fans in this area as well as new or undiscovered friends of Fan Force. The group would be open to all. The Star Wars fan base is already obvious with the recent Monstore Con success that brought the likes of Peter Mayhew to town. This chapter would be limited to Rowan, Cabarrus, Davidson, Davie and Iredell area fans (Any help from other chapters in setting up is appreciated but we do not want to take members from you).

Any help from the RSA's from this area would be appreciated. For now, I will act as the coordinator in getting things started until our first official meeting where we will elect a chapter representative and discuss goals per the Fan Force rules. Any rules or guidelines for setting up and running a chapter that can be sent to me or pointed out on existing forums would also be appreciated.

Please sound off if there is any interest here. I currently know of at least 3-5 households of fans that are interested and will serve as the advisory council until this thing gets moving. Thank you.

2. IamaSith

Oct 8, 2007
    Thank You Jedi Trace for your current help! We have begun to organize and will set the first meeting soon.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Good luck getting started! :D I look forward to meeting your members.

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    good luck! some of my best friends in the world i made b/c of star wars...let alone my hubby!! :)

5. RripRroar

RripRroar Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2007
    IamaSith - this is GREAT! I'm in! Email me - we can get together tonight and discuss more if your available...

6. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    This is a great idea. I have been a Star Wars fan since 1977 and have just recently completed my Darth Vader costume. May the Force be withus, even though it is the Dark Side!

7. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    Hey good idea, send me an email and let me know.

8. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Finally,

I was able to get my original user account back online. I also have the RripRroar account for anyone who wonders. I only created the second because of the "problem" with access today. I am in all the way on this it seems after a long talk with Iamasith tonight. He has asked me to take the wheel until we get more organized since he is in the middle of a transition to Salisbury. He and his wife will be a great addition to our area and I can't wait to see his collection!

I will act as the goto guy until we have a formal election etc... I have plans for our first meeting and Iamasith has ideas for rules, organization etc that the RSA's have been passing onto him as well as his own ideas. He says we will form a jedi council that oversees (AND hopefully shares the tasks at hand to get this thing started (Brain storming session to begin this week)!

If your interested in serving on the council PM me and I will discuss what you need to do next. We are going to initially limit the council to active salisbury area people with a strong interest to get together and do things in REAL LIFE besides the great forum we are going to use here!

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Looks like there's enough interest in the area to start a forum for you guys.

Here you go.

Let Traci or me know if you need anything.

10. IamaSith

Oct 8, 2007
    Welcome Darth_MacDuff
    Welcome Slaveone28146
    Welcome RipRoar (RripRroar)

Welcome KathyK who may actually post again...

Thank you JediTrace and Hama!

More postings soon!

11. star0258

star0258 Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2007
    I'm really excited about this new chapter! Thank you for taking the initiative to get us going! I am definitely in...if that's ok :)

12. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Thank you for coming....

We have our own heading now under the main heading:

Fan Force USA: Southeast
    scroll down (Not the first heading you are looking at now) to the Salisbury listing and select SALISBURY - it will get you to the right area.

THANK YOU FOR COMING!

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Congratulations on becoming an official Chapter! Have fun. :D

14. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    congrats! much quicker than we did it! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.