Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

Moderators: Penguinator, Sinrebirth
  1. Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thinking more human based of to mars and back, but hey I'm going to be picky here.
    Last edited by Lukes_Apprentice, Oct 9, 2012
  2. katefan Jedi Youngling

Nope, offsite advertising is not gonna fly here.
    Last edited by Penguinator, Oct 18, 2012
  3. Saintheart Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Dude, offsite advertising is bad enough, but taking people off the RPF in particular which would like more games played on it is an act of bastardry.
  4. Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Have to side with Saint on this one.
  5. SirakRomar Jedi Master

star 4
    Anybody interested in a classical modern science thriller? I had a strage idea lately and I think it might one day make a good game. It plays on a space station not too far in the future and a crew mining the moons and asteroid belts of Jupiter, when news from earth arrive who cause unrest, while a discovery is made that could change history forever in the outer reaches of the asteroid belt.When personal problems come into the mix the space station faces a crisis unlike any ever before . . .

Limited run, few players, character heavy and more looking for realism than space fantasy.

I think of 2001 meets Michael Crichton´s Sphere meets Moon.

Working title:
    IO
  6. spycoder9 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm especially interested in that! :D Sounds like my cup of tea. I'd be happy to give it a shot!
  7. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I'd be interested - assuming the pace is a bit slower than some of our games here, I'd be interested :)
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 7
    Same as Peng. I'm spread thin at the moment, but if it's not too fast-paced, I'm game.
  9. Sir_Draco Jedi Knight

star 4
    Guess if you run it besides Castaways that would slow you down considerably, would it? Anyway, I´d be highly interested. As you might have guessed.
  10. SirakRomar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I got that story in my head and decided it might make a better post-by-post game than table-top or novel, so I am not really knowing when I´ll do it or with how many players and certainly not at what speed I´ll do it. Also I will keep in mind people prefer a slower rate. Also I feel sometimes you can hardly dictate that . . . but what do I know. I got one game to draw from so far. But I believe it could be a good one, if we got reliable players sticking to it, full of twists, turns and interesting questions, with a lot of character interaction (there we got it again, how quick player respond to each other is harldy within my control) and probably it could even ask a few questions that are a bit deeper . . . so yeah, I am aflame, but feel right now I gotta concentrate on Castaways and probably get a bit more "game" under my belt by doing my Han Solo game long-planned towards the end of the year, which will be sweet, but rather short (compared to my Castaways plans). Then I believe I can start truly planning for my "next one". If I am still in love with the idea by then, this will be my next. So I thank everybody for assuring me there is an audience. That´s actually what I felt I need to know, before I allow the thing to crawl into my head any further . . .
  11. BLemelisk Jedi Master

star 4
    If its in the vein of Solaris at all...I'm in.
  12. Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 3
    Um yeah this sounds like it is for me sign me up
  13. Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well this is very unusual thing a not quite double post. meh.
    Anyway I was batting around the idea a community written episode VII. What I mean is that through the power of like the community decide which way things happen and by the end everyone has in truth contributed to the final product. Is this a crazy idea?
  14. WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight

star 4
    Not exactly what you are looking for, but check out the 4 words at a time challenge.
    and star wars uncut.
  15. Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will do that but I was thinking as an RPG
  16. BLemelisk Jedi Master

star 4
    An RPG that throws out the EU and continues at some point after Return of the Jedi?

I like.
    Last edited by BLemelisk, Nov 2, 2012
  17. Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep I was also think community approved CS's. However, that may take it to far.
  18. Sir_Draco Jedi Knight

star 4
    It sounds intruiging, but will it be thrilling? If we decide all events, we´ll know all events beforehand, too. Do we?
  19. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    I'd bite if it wasn't rendering everything else non-canon...

Something set post-FotJ, but a separate story that feel the need to reference everything that has happened, but picks up on Lucas canon e.g. the films, Mortis, other Lucas-notable plots...
  20. BLemelisk Jedi Master

star 4
    The events need to be held only by the GM or GMs, I think.

It would probably be a good way of bringing in new users. "Why wait for it? There's an Episode VII game going on in the RPF."
  21. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    I believe it'd be a good idea. The KotoR III game was doing very well until ToR was announced :p
  22. Ramza Administrator Emeritus

VIP
    star 7
    I think you guys should check the RPR on Monday. For... reasons.
    Imperial_Hammer likes this.
  23. Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC

Manager
    star 8
    It's Monday now! And a like by Imperial Hammer is not helping my excitement!
  24. SirakRomar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hm, have I missed anything?
  25. spycoder9 Jedi Master

star 4
    Monday's almost over. . .the anticipation is scary! :p
Moderators: Penguinator, Sinrebirth